Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 5, 2021 2:08 PM

May 2020
The proper discussion forms are kind of confusing to navigate which chapter is referring to which form, so I'm just making this one.

So far I've read Kizu and I think it was really good. I didn't like the movies that much and never pursued the series anymore but reading the book was a lot better.

Crab tale was alright, I think it was weird reading it out of order since now is the proper introduction to the characters.

But holy shit, I did not think that Snail tale was going to be this boring... Like It just feels like he's babysitting this kid and internally trying to justify to himself that he's not a pedophile.

Like what direction is this series going in and should I even continue? I thought that they were gonna be fighting vampires...
Jan 5, 2021 3:55 PM

Nov 2016
You will see in the next arcs.

Every of the main characters has a curse similar to the one Senjohahara had in Crab Tale. Hachikuji (The Loli) also has one which you will see later on.

Seeing those "Curses" and how Araragi deals with them was the interesting part for me. Some are more action heavy similar to Kiss Shot and the hunters in Kizu while some are more Slice of life esque.
GokaiKingJan 5, 2021 3:58 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2021 4:29 PM

May 2020
GokaiReborn said:
You will see in the next arcs.

Every of the main characters has a curse similar to the one Senjohahara had in Crab Tale. Hachikuji (The Loli) also has one which you will see later on.

Seeing those "Curses" and how Araragi deals with them was the interesting part for me. Some are more action heavy similar to Kiss Shot and the hunters in Kizu while some are more Slice of life esque.

Okay thank you! I am not a big fan of the Slice of Life genre tbh. I prefer a plot driven story. I read that Bakemonogatari is just an introduction to all of the characters. I will take your word for it and continue reading!
Jan 25, 2021 8:21 PM

Apr 2020
Bakemonogatari Part 2 gets better in my opinion
Out of the 4 arcs I have read the Mayoi Snail is probably the most boring

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 21 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Aug 5, 2017

1 by Nachoalpe »»
Apr 1, 3:32 AM

» How are the chapters divided?

Omid_ - Feb 29

3 by Omid_ »»
Feb 29, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 10 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 9 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 8 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jul 6, 2010

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 2, 12:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.