Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 4, 2021 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
Holy cow, this was unbelievably hilarious

Can’t wait for more
Jan 4, 2021 12:47 PM

Dec 2018
Maybe if this anime does not take itself seriously and if the comedy aspect is well done I think it can be kinda decent, if it decides to do the opposite of what I said it will probably be your next forgettable anime that is just a bunch of boring poorly made cliches, who knows?
HistoricalMaizeJan 4, 2021 12:50 PM
Jan 4, 2021 12:52 PM
Apr 2016
I don’t know if it was quite rushed compared to the manga (haven’t read the LN yet) but Lloyd is nowhere as insufferable as he is in the manga... yet lol
Jan 4, 2021 1:04 PM

Dec 2019
I mean I enjoyed the first ep but like do we really need another insanely op mc? ill keep watching it until i get a better idea of it before i decide if ill keep watching it yk. The art is pretty tho
Jan 4, 2021 1:13 PM
Jan 2020
A humble Hero descendant MC boy huh? This episode was also showing some good aspects to me. Looking forward for the next episode~
Jan 4, 2021 2:01 PM

Jun 2019
Looks like a complete DanMachi copy. The art is average. The MC is a Bell ripoff that is OP and will get a whole harem. But even though he is OP, there will be 1 thing that “holds him back” so he will have to work his way up. This is looking like a 3-and-out for me.
Jan 4, 2021 2:18 PM
Mar 2018
Not bad for an anime I had zero expectations for. None of the characters are intolerable, and the animation is acceptable.

Wonder where the direction of this series will go.

Jan 4, 2021 2:40 PM

May 2015
aside from the salad with pancakes that was pretty good
Jan 4, 2021 3:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i liked this alot more than i expected, lets hope it stays that way

i'd take my belt off too if i was around her while she was wearing that
Jan 4, 2021 3:38 PM
Nov 2011
People are judging this too critically. Is it going to be some top tier anime of the year? No, but damn was this episode enjoyable from start to finish. Getting Bell Cranel vibes from the MC
Jan 4, 2021 3:42 PM

Sep 2010
I'm a sucker for these OP fantasy series, this one looks fun!
Jan 4, 2021 3:55 PM

Jun 2016
Funny start, good seiyuu cast.
It seems a good fantasy comedy.
Jan 4, 2021 4:01 PM
Aug 2016
I'm kinda glad I was able to read some of the manga before seeing this - the amount of insanely important details to the plot and exposition that they intentionally missed is insane. This episode could have easily fitted in much more. Terrible intro
Jan 4, 2021 4:04 PM

Dec 2015
Very generic, but they managed to cram enough jokes inside to make it enjoyable.
Jan 4, 2021 4:44 PM
Jan 2017
Definitely enjoyed the first episode! Marie the witch is so cute!
And we've got the yandere princess hahaha
Jan 4, 2021 4:50 PM
Dec 2020
I generally dislike isekai/fantasy shows with completely OP MCs if the they are done seriously (Slime, Kenja no Mago, Isekai wa Smartphone), but this one seems more self-aware like Misfit at Demon King Academy or One-Punch. MC is still bland, but the premise and some of the side characters show promise.

The Belt Princess going a bit psycho was amusing and it was refreshing to see some characters recognize how powerful the MC is and be intimidated rather than the usual underestimating him until he does something amazing. It's too early to see what kind of world this is, and how they will deal with the MC realizing (or not) that he is extremely powerful compared to everyone else in the capitol, but I'm gong to keep watching.
Jan 4, 2021 5:18 PM

Jul 2015
Wow. This is actually impressive. Absurd comedy gives serious Konosuba or Princess Connect vibes. They even dropped Yandere on us. Definitely looking forward for more.
But I'm actually wondering, how Lloyd managed to fail the exam?
PiromyslJan 4, 2021 9:56 PM

Jan 4, 2021 5:46 PM

Apr 2020
Piromysl said:

But I'm actually wondering, how Lloyd manager to fail the exam?

I'm also curious about that, maybe in the next episode they will give an explanation
Jan 4, 2021 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
i truly dislike these kind of shows with OP protagonists that make things brain dead easy and i had zero expectations from the start but since it came out right at the start of the new season i'd figure i'll give it a chance

was surprisingly better than i thought while still being pretty one note so far but if it can stay as funny as it was i almost willing to forgive that trope i hate so much to enjoy this

cursed belt threw me for a spin going full yandere (scary lol)
Jan 4, 2021 6:34 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, that was definitely a lot more fun than I expected.

Selen went from cute and sweet to completely yandere for the MC in an instant. Poor Riho lmao.

Marie is such a cute and funny witch, her reactions are the best! Ai Kayano really killed it.

Troll loli baba is great xD.

In a time when everything is isekai, I'm glad this is pure fantasy. Lloyd's obliviousness to what's normal is amusing, he's a pretty nice MC so far.
Jan 4, 2021 6:46 PM

Mar 2016
Danmachi with full-on comedy? Ok, I'll give it two more tries.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 4, 2021 7:02 PM

May 2010
Soothing BGM & amazing SFX.
Jan 4, 2021 7:26 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! anime titles are getting longer and longer!
so this is about an innocent boya who is overpowered and doesn't even realized it yet...
4/5.

Jan 4, 2021 7:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, finally i had been able to start this, and somehow, its exceeds my expectations. Its already engaging, with a lot of interesting characters: loli baba powerful witch, grumpy but beautiful in glasses witch, yandere blonde princess, funny lady mercenary with one arm, and a decent officer soldier guy. Lloyd was not so great so far, but decent enough at my understanding. He held some cliche kindness of habit that almost happened at a certain MCs. He was also op af. That end, tho. I am looking forward to see whats happen in the end of those announcement. I might assume its related to the written test, or he got something wrong with that strength test. But, well, lets see about that next week. Also these show had

As the introduction, its a decent one with a promising story about the boy that supposed to be strong, but held an insecurity over his prowess in the battles and his own basic power. Thats why they (villagers) called him weak. So, lets see how well the development for Lloyd at those starter town....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 4, 2021 7:55 PM

Apr 2020
The Winter 2021 season has officially begun! And we start it off with a fucking power medieval fantasy...(sigh) I think it's actually funny. Tbh I want to skip this anime entirely but looking at the comments from the top and bottom of me...it's convincing me to watch it. And hey I think it's above average.

Our characters seems mediocre but their facial reactions and lines seems to be fun. Looks like Selen is the first girl to enter Lloyd's inevitable harem, Marie is a VERY FUN witch (better than Ochikobore's Hoho), and Riho looks like to be that rowdy type of senpai. Can't say anything to Lloyd other than he- IS VERY STRONG. Let's just stay with that.

Overall, the anime atleast succeeded my expectations. I mean the trailers for this show was kinda bad and looking at the synopsis ain't doing me favors. But watching this first episode hits me in my fun zone, and hopefully episode after episode, the show will bring me more fun and adventures to come. Not a bad start to the Winter season, hope this show sticks on.
Jan 4, 2021 7:57 PM

Apr 2020
Well looks like people are liking this anime. I kinda think that it just manages to leap over every other mediocre power fantasy animes. But atleast the selling point of this show is its comedy. Looks like we're raising this show for the season, so you know what I ain't gonna complain.
Jan 4, 2021 8:07 PM

Sep 2020
Despite the "I'll certainly become OP one day because duuh, isekai (although this isn't a isekai but who cares duuuh)" MC, I liked this episode.
Looking forward.

Had some Konosuba vibes. At least for me.
100-man done right?
niko_sbJan 4, 2021 8:10 PM
Jan 4, 2021 8:15 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, I really enjoyed that. It was honestly a really good first episode. I don't think plot is gonna be amazing or special but, this is one of those shows you can just chill and enjoy like By The Grace of The Gods last season. Though so far, I think I am liking this more than By The Grace of The Gods.

That rabbit at the beginning really be giving me some Re Zero PTSD. The art looks really pretty and I like the characters introduced so far, cliched yes but they're still enjoyable. Lloyd yeeted that grasshopper lookin fucker lmao.

The princess went from 0 to 100 real quick Jesus. So far I am liking it, looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 4, 2021 8:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was more enjoyable than expected. Idk if im gonna watch it for the entire season (because winter is P A C K E D) but lets see.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 4, 2021 8:21 PM
Oct 2020
I compare what’s happening to the story to something being similar to a person living in the town with the 8th Pokémon gym leader, but they suddenly go back to route 1 to beat up all the little kids Pokémon.
Jan 4, 2021 9:01 PM
Oct 2020
When I saw what the premise of this show was, I was expecting something like By the Grace of the Gods from last season without the isekai aspect. I'm not finished with it yet, but Grace of the Gods isn't really my favorite show in the world, so I was kinda scared for this one. But, thankfully, this episode is better than the entirety of Grace of the Gods that I've watched so far. I feel like it's because this show decided to go in the route of having some more upfront comedy? that I like it as much as I do thus far. definitely staying for next week!
Jan 4, 2021 9:19 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was hilarious. I'm loving it already. Lloyd drop kicks the giant bug and chunks it into the sky. lmao The princess he saved in the process seems to have a yandere personality.
Jan 4, 2021 10:15 PM

Nov 2013
Same shit different years.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 4, 2021 10:22 PM

Mar 2019
I like the art/animation style...

But the humor is FANTASTIC!!...

i was thinking this was going to be one of the possible surprises for me in the season... and FCK YAH... first episode, Loved It... !

PS: the only boring part, is the MC attitude (Like 90% of series like this).
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 4, 2021 10:27 PM
Apr 2020
So we got an another OP MC with him not knowing how overpowered he is and fails his entrance exam in the first episode. huh? Feels like I seen this before in various anime.. Count me in!

Really impressed of how this first episode came out. The artsyle is great, the plot is interesting and the comedy element is really good too. Also, I like how Marie trips everytime she moves, really hilarious af lol

8/10 for first impression and the first ep. Looking forward of how our MC boi starts his journey

LIDENFILM's Urasekai Picnic and this, altogether in one day. This studio is making a name today, huh?
Jan 5, 2021 4:25 AM
Certified Otaku
Nov 2012
Syureria said:
Is it different if I think it is the usual reincarnation in another world?

Yea, don't think it's isekai technically, just more of a straight up fantasy. MC doesn't seem to be anyone reincarnation or anything like that.
Jan 5, 2021 4:27 AM
Certified Otaku
Nov 2012
Well, I loved it, Darkness's VA Kayano Ai playing Mary is just the icing on the cake. This may become one of my unexpected favorites for the season. Seems like it'll be another fun series like Bofuri.
Jan 5, 2021 4:38 AM
Jan 2020
Delinqq said:
I'm kinda glad I was able to read some of the manga before seeing this - the amount of insanely important details to the plot and exposition that they intentionally missed is insane. This episode could have easily fitted in much more. Terrible intro

Probably will be explained in the next episode.
Jan 5, 2021 4:41 AM

Aug 2019
Overpowered dumb MC, an isekai-like world, yes pretty generic ngl, but CUTE GIRLS im in! Well this will prob be my guilty pleasure of the season.
MC failed the test XD
Jan 5, 2021 5:11 AM

Jun 2014
Good start. Depends on where they take the story but seems promising
Jan 5, 2021 5:51 AM
Aug 2020
i enjoyed it and even gave me a few chuckles
Jan 5, 2021 6:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I'm not going to lie, I thought this was going to be bang average or worse but this could make for an entertaining ride, I reckon.

Dynamic between the MC and the Witch plus the Witch and her "Loli Grandma" was entertaining first up. Priceless expressions. Also, that yandere cursed princess yandere torch totally lit xD. She's going to be a dime to watch, I'm sure.

Definitely in for this ride!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 5, 2021 7:18 AM

Jun 2013
now that was actually funny
Jan 5, 2021 7:43 AM

Mar 2009
This was...not good. The female characters are incredibly annoying. The princess went from this solitary, brooding character to fawning all over the MC by the end of the episode. So lame.

Belt curse lolwut?
Jan 5, 2021 7:45 AM
Jun 2017
Was it the interview round?
Jan 5, 2021 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
Well, out of the shows airing on Mondays this season this one seemed like the most decent.

The facial expressions of the girls were the funniest part.

I don't care much about Lloyd, but I already like the princess, and what a princess!
Jan 5, 2021 3:06 PM
May 2014
Pretty sure he took top spot, but just didn't check because he thought he'd be the weakest or something. We'll see next week.
Jan 5, 2021 6:28 PM

Apr 2018
I hope Marie is the main heroine. The Aqua-archetype needs an official victory someday. Also this is exactly how I picture the NPC at every end game city to be xD
Jan 5, 2021 10:01 PM
Dec 2018
Breath of the wild Link trying to join the army.

This feels like a copy&paste from Danmachi: "pure" MC boy growing a harem with a witch/goddess looking after him (even the voice is like Hestia's).

It will be enjoyable as long as they keep the focus on comedy and don't try to get deep with the weak story.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 5, 2021 11:44 PM
Jul 2018
Really nice first episode.
Something isnt right. I bet they didnt put the name there bcs they want to do some secret stuff. idkXD
The boy arrives all worried and weaklike but in the end he is super-man for the rest.
The girl broke free from that belt and we have a funny witch. And on top of all that we have that "old loli" i always like characters like her and i love her voice.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Piromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

40 by Sekie »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.