Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2021 5:37 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love this anime art style

Lloyd, it seems you're the type of person who is persecuted by the people around you, but is that okay?

Marie and Riho are both cute and interesting.

I like her expression, lol
Jan 4, 2021 5:41 AM
Nov 2019
Is there another website where i can watch this anime because in my country we dont have funimation :(¨

Edit: Thanks everyone for the help :)
PongoBeastJan 4, 2021 8:43 AM
Jan 4, 2021 5:42 AM

Feb 2018
Is it different if I think it is the usual reincarnation in another world?

They went by train to reach the next country and it took 6 days, damn ... That's very long, it's quite far from Konron to Azami...If it's 6 days by train, I didn't think they would walk, lol ... How long would it take them to arrive. Is the magic on the tissue some kind of sign of ancient ruins? Or is it just ancient rune writing?

After all, the founding festival is near there are many people and also i can see many girls on there. The streets where monsters usually appear in the town are too noisy it's because the city is very crowded like a festival. I'm still confused, is the girl Loyd saved is a main Heroine? Idk

Ah, so that girl is a Seren (セレン) ... They just suddenly got acquainted and that's great. And I felt that Seren fell in love with Loyd, look at his expression, lol. The one Seren wore when changing clothes, was that a bra? It sounded like the Victorian era.

Alright, that's quite an introduction from Seren but I still doubt if it's a curse? I mean The cursed belt princess No matter what do you want, please stop this girl's scene, I'm already enough.

I think there is nothing I need to comment on about the other Heroines because I like Seren.

And also what the heck, is that Dogeza?
SyureriaJan 4, 2021 6:07 AM
Jan 4, 2021 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
Liden Films, you have 4 chances to impress me. Each of a different work.

A really nice and fun start to a familiar RPG-like feeling, much less expected from a long LN title.

Lloyd is an easy-going OP boonie character that doesn't take qualms to people knowing his strengths and kindness, and witch Marie is just a fun comedic character to be taken under tutelage of the young village kid that is weak, and growing to be as OP as everyone. At least Lloyd isn't your typical OP character, he actually worked "hard" without realizing it. Everything's a piece of cake.

A lot of characters to take in, but they're of one sound and mind: Lloyd is ready to penetrate his presence onto the fantasy world. If there's one thing I'm already down for, it's the comedy and the adventure incoming.

The character cast of a pure young OP kid with a loli village chief, a sadist witch, the lovesick yandere Cursed Belt Princess Selen and One-Arm money-loving mercenary Riho Flavin, looks like we're gonna have some fun! Nice to have Luce Twinkle Wink's song back for the ED, it's been a long time ever since.

WOW, I'm very impressed. No. 1 logged.
KANLen09Jan 5, 2021 9:42 AM
Jan 4, 2021 7:00 AM
Jul 2017
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh op character who's dumb and kind, and fails his entrance exam in the first episode..

where have i seen this before................
Jan 4, 2021 7:03 AM
Nov 2020
PongoBeast said:
Is there another website where i can watch this anime because in my country we dont have funimation :(¨

If someone can send me a link i would be very happy :)

I watch it on Muse Asia
Jan 4, 2021 7:10 AM

Apr 2014
Enjoyable first episode.
Lloyd is way tooooooo strong. He beats those 'animals' like they are nothing.
Then we got a yandere Seren. lol
The moments between Marie and Alka also very funny to watch.

何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 4, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2019
damn lloyd! 6 days by RUNNING? Seems he already stole the princess' heart by absolutely devouring that monster with one stomp. Loli grandma seems fun, she's probably super powerful... andddd lloyd failed to get in the military somehow!

Seems like we have another OP and Humble MC. I'll keep watching, 1st anime of the season watched.

Jan 4, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2020
From what I'm seeing so far, I think you guys are enjoying this, so I'll take y'all words. Too bad I'm watching a more interesting and hopefully more enjoyable anime right now.

Edit: And so I actually watched the anime. Here's my jab.

The Winter 2021 season has officially begun! And we start it off with a fucking power medieval fantasy...(sigh) I think it's actually funny. Tbh I want to skip this anime entirely but looking at the comments from the top and bottom of me...it's convincing me to watch it. And hey I think it's above average.

Our characters seems mediocre but their facial reactions and lines seems to be fun. Looks like Selen is the first girl to enter Lloyd's inevitable harem, Marie is a VERY FUN witch (better than Ochikobore's Hoho), and Riho looks like to be that rowdy type of senpai. Can't say anything to Lloyd other than he- IS VERY STRONG. Let's just stay with that.

Overall, the anime atleast succeeded my expectations. I mean the trailers for this show was kinda bad and looking at the synopsis ain't doing me favors. But watching this first episode hits me in my fun zone, and hopefully episode after episode, the show will bring me more fun and adventures to come. Not a bad start to the Winter season, hope this show sticks on.
raiderublazeJan 4, 2021 7:55 PM
Jan 4, 2021 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
damn, this anime is off to a great start, pretty nice story and animation and character designs very good too. hope this anime turns out well!
also, mf YEETED the insect lmaoo

also, that ending though..
Jan 4, 2021 7:21 AM

Jun 2012
This is surprisingly good!

OP AS F~
GlorditJan 4, 2021 7:26 AM
Jan 4, 2021 7:27 AM

May 2020
We got our first taste of OP mc this season
EDIT: Thought it was Isekai for a sec there woops
mosesss08Jan 4, 2021 7:49 AM
Jan 4, 2021 7:30 AM
Apr 2017
PongoBeast said:

If someone can send me a link i would be very happy :)

It's streaming on Muse Asia You Tube.
https://youtu.be/vTOjwYPQMqw

Territories: India, Singapore etc.
Jan 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
mosesss08 said:
We got our first taste of OP isekai mc this season
Except this isn't isekai.
Jan 4, 2021 7:47 AM
Oct 2018
Good animation and pretty funny characters and just funny in general
Jan 4, 2021 7:48 AM

May 2020
For now this will suffice for this season while we wait for bigger series
But can Lloyd solo GOKU?
This new series is a great breather nothing special love the comedy aspects and the typical being dense OP MC
Looking forward for more shenanigans next week
Jan 4, 2021 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
Another season another OP protagonist. Good thing that this isn't just a soulless copy & paste series. I like.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2021 7:51 AM

Nov 2020
I was really enjoying it, even the fight part, the animation was horrible and the sound effects were strange. Apart from the fight part, the anime was very good!
you can send a friend request at will!(ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥
Jan 4, 2021 7:54 AM
Dec 2020
Interesting episode to open up the series. The character are interesting as well. Looking forward for next week eps.
Jan 4, 2021 7:59 AM
Feb 2018
Was this scene with Alka really necessay? Is sensless clownery that popular? And I'd say everything in anime happens in Canada because Sorry-level is through the roof.
Jan 4, 2021 8:02 AM

Jul 2019
I must say Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? seems like an interesting anime. It looks like a basic LN adaptation but I am hoping that Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? will be at least decent.

I would imagine Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? will get trashed on a lot, but Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? feels a little underrated if that is the case.

ffs.
Jan 4, 2021 8:06 AM

Oct 2017
Ngl I was expecting some generic stuff but this was quite refreshing and amusing. For now Marie sensei is the one I find most amusing followed by loli and then there's the lovestruck hime XD.

Welp looks like this will be a fun anime and as a fan of OP mc I'm looking forward to the rest.
Jan 4, 2021 8:07 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty decent art style. Overpowered MC. Already having the harem in the first episode. That's right. All the elements of being a fantasy show. The episode was pretty okay. Let's see how will things look in the upcoming episodes.
Jan 4, 2021 8:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good so far, I expect this anime to be funnier in the next episodes but the beginning was still quite fun, I want to see him destroying OP opponents xD
Jan 4, 2021 8:14 AM
Apr 2020
BlazeCritter45 said:
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh op character who's dumb and kind, and fails his entrance exam in the first episode..

where have i seen this before................
If u remember tell me
Jan 4, 2021 8:15 AM

Sep 2019
The animation was good, I don’t know what to expect from this show but the first episode was alright. I really like Aketagawa Jin but he should stop adding these loud ass sound effects all the time, it’s annoying. Even though it sounds great when it’s used carefully, I don’t like getting my ear destroyed every second.
Jan 4, 2021 8:16 AM
Apr 2020
I think pretty good
I like how our mc is not aware of his power
Expecting him to shock everyone in the next episodes
Jan 4, 2021 8:19 AM

Sep 2016
seems like it's (hopefully) going to be a good series. nice art style, interesting characters and funny comedic parts here and there. i'm very excited for the next episode!
Jan 4, 2021 8:32 AM

Feb 2016
The first episode was more enjoyable than expected. Actually seeing the character's reactions after witnessing Lloyd's common sense breaking actions felt good

Can't actually hope for a perfect adaptation of the novels but the anime in itself will probably go well.
Jan 4, 2021 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
It's a really generic and uninspired fantasy anime with some wacky comedy, but I've seen far worse introduction episodes than this, especially for fantasy anime in this line. Lloyd at least isn't that annoying but doesn't really come across as someone with potential to be decent either.
Jan 4, 2021 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
Good start of the season I guess. The show was actually funny, I just hope that the yandere princess it not too annoying.
Jan 4, 2021 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
He almost complete his harem in the first episode! Anyway, what I looking forward to this show is actually men, besiding from our hero which is quite leaning toward shotacon, I like his brother Shoma, noble warrior Alan, and miltary instructor Meltfan.
Jan 4, 2021 8:55 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Oh my god I love the expressions and the screams. The art is great too. This might become one of my favorites this season.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 4, 2021 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
Well, this was a fun start to an anime with an OP MC. He even lacks common sense.

We also got a yandere princess. She will be fun to watch.

So Lloyd didn't make it?

Jan 4, 2021 9:00 AM

Mar 2020
Well Mr. Protagonist has already made someone fall in love with him.

Seems like there are quite a bit of comedy elements added to this show.

Can't say I'm too impressed with the music. Everything else is OK though.

Well I would like to see what the next episode has to offer!

OK episode :)
Jan 4, 2021 9:28 AM
Dec 2016
ah lloyd is the best. He's so cute.

The anime seemsto skip a lot of scenes. A lot of the back and fort of Looyd doing sometimg and people (mosly Mari) reacting to it was missing.

posibly a spoiler !?:

If it keeps up this way I'll prabably drop the show. Many of the jokes are missing this way.
Jan 4, 2021 9:40 AM

Aug 2015
This is the first time I'm watching a show of this nature. Looking forward to seeing more.

Lloyd name not on the board? Let's see what happens!

I love how Riho reacts to Lloyd.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 4, 2021 9:47 AM

Feb 2019
I think this’ll be like the Kami tachi of this season. Definitely some generic cliches and tropes going on, but generic doesn’t mean bad. This was a really fun first episode.

I like the art style, the characters seem pretty funny and most importantly, it’s just an enjoyable watch. I reckon this and Urasekai picnic will be slept on quite a bit on Mondays.
Jan 4, 2021 9:50 AM

Mar 2019
I have to say that i'm impressed!
This was a really fun first episode, Marie and Selen are waifu material.
Overall, it looks like the cast has good chemistry, and that's a great thing for a magical fantasy like this that wants to stand out.
Looking forward to the rest of this!
Jan 4, 2021 9:55 AM

Apr 2020
The princess went from 0 to 100 really quick lol
Jan 4, 2021 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
FACEPALM!

This show fails with the only joke he has that "the protagonist and/or the protagonist's hometown babysitter are strong" I'll remind you that the sum and total of the "super strong" things he did in the episode were: A.) Throwing a grasshopper, which only one character saw, and B.) Putting a rune on a rag to clean a bannister, which also only one character saw. All the screaming is just about his invisible power.
Jan 4, 2021 10:55 AM

Apr 2020
Syureria said:
They went by train to reach the next country and it took 6 days, damn ... That's very long, it's quite far from Konron to Azami...If it's 6 days by train, I didn't think they would walk, lol ... How long would it take them to arrive.
I really don't know if you're being sarcastic :(

At first it seems like one of the magic highschool prodigy copypasta light novel adaptations but this one feels quite different hmm...looking forward to where this anime is going since I especially dig the artstyle and animation lol

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Jan 4, 2021 11:16 AM
Jul 2016
So far i enjoyed it (so far its nothing amazing), im just worried about the characters surrounding the protagonist and that they will just be nothing more than tropes that are only there to stroke the main characters ego and tell the audience how op he is as if we arent watching the show.

From this episode, the show could become passable trash or a really enjoyable anime. Its on a knifes edge.
Jan 4, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2020
Dropped 5 minutes in and skipped through. Why doesn't it start with the exciting stuff right away there isn't anything we haven't seen a thousand times already anyway to be needing this boring buildup.
Jan 4, 2021 11:48 AM

Jun 2020
Great art, animation didn't feel all that great though. Let's see if it can do something unique and not fall into the cesspool of copy-pasted LN adaptations
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 4, 2021 11:48 AM
Apr 2019
The Episode was very enjoyable! There were many funny moments where you can always smile. But there were many things put into the episode and I would have wished that the scenes would have been longer. An example how to make them longer is that the scene was animated in 5 minutes but in real time it were only 1 minute. But I am aware of how Satou Toshio (Original Creator) and the Staff might wanted the Anime to be and I respect it. These are just my opinion after all.

The Characters Appearance are very cute and the clothings have a unique style and patterns. Watanuki Nao (Original Character Design) has a very good taste when it comes to these types of clothes.

The Personality of the Characters seem very nice but Selen's Personality is just the Crazy Yandere Personality which I don't enjoy well. She seemed very shy and smart at first but then she came out as a crazy yandere personality. They could have done something more special. Like a mix of the "yonder personality" and something original.

Conclusion: I liked the Episode very much but not soo much
Jan 4, 2021 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
That was pretty funny, colorful and cute, usually I don't like OP MC but Lloyd is super humble and kind, this season is off to a great start.
Jan 4, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2011
is there a contest inside japan for who can make the longest Anime title?
each season we got one, These new anime titles are just straight up sentence

anyway this look fun anime
Jan 4, 2021 12:33 PM

Sep 2017
I was expecting some boring and generic isekai/fantasy anime like Kenja no Mago

And it was indeed generic but actually pretty funny, this first episode was a nice surprise
Jan 4, 2021 12:33 PM

May 2018
Now that was very cute and total fun.

The character of Mari giving to Ai Kayano a nice opportunity to switch between different ranges of her abilities.
And who was playing Riho - Minami Tsuda? She is pretty good here, never paid attention to her roles.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

40 by Sekie »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

7 by Truck-kunArrives »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.