Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2021 7:41 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was the last episode of this season... *cries in a corner*

Loved SL taking out his umbrella to protect XL. HC still prefers XL to call him SL hehe.

I'm gonna miss them so much... Next up will be the special on Feb 16, 2021.

HC saying those two lines for the 2nd season preview though hnggg.

Also thank goodness there's still the manhua while we wait for the donghua. If you liked TGCF, highly recommend the novel and the manhua!

XealiasJan 1, 2021 8:36 PM
Jan 1, 2021 7:53 PM

May 2017
I def love this ep more than the prev one!
The way Xie lian already trust San lang :")
They give us glimpse of Hua cheng again aaaaaaaaa but in the dark XDD damn they gonna tease us until the end with the Hua cheng crumbs huh...he looks soo hot tho lol
so we really have to wait until season 2 until we get his full form ;^;

Baby e-ming in action again and also beefleaf looking so fineee <3

The last sceneeeee wth hualian, get a f room you two XD

Yeahh they announced the season 2!!
Aah the waiting gonna make me suffer TT_TT at least we still have 1 ep special on february until the season 2 comes.
livexevilJan 2, 2021 1:42 AM
Jan 1, 2021 9:17 PM
Nov 2020
Sorry if this is not particularly related to this discussion, but why is the rating suddenly higher (from 8.46 to 8.60)? I also notice that there are approximately 1000 less ratings than before. Perhaps a mass removal of false ratings?
Jan 1, 2021 9:26 PM

Nov 2015
I'm so sad it's over T_T We only just got to see Wind Master ~ So many characters we haven't yet been introduced to.

They put Banyue in a pot ! Portable loli !

I got teary when the kid said he was gonna build a temple to Xie Lian.

Nan Feng knows the horror of Xie Lian's cooking, he ain't sticking around for that disaster.

And so it ends with Xie Lian admitting he knew San Lang's identity as the ghost king (I mean, it was pretty obvious). Sigh, I'm so eager for the special in February. And we get another season? Yay !

Faithful to the novel thus far. Despite censorship, they somehow made a few Hualian scenes even more obvious (Makes me wonder how they would deal with the whole... "spiritual energy sharing" thing between the two). I'm happy with this as an adaptation.
yawnchawnJan 1, 2021 9:56 PM
Jan 1, 2021 9:39 PM

Aug 2015
Finally last ep before special ep...
It's Nice that we have special ep in Feb, if they really end it those scene, it'll be weird....

Novel reader already know where season 1 will be ended =)

This donghua not perfect, and have some problems but as novel reader, i really love this donghua adaptation.
Jan 1, 2021 9:54 PM

Jan 2020
I was worried on how they were going to wrap up the Banyue arc, but it turned out fine. At least to me.

I will wait patiently for season 2. :)
Jan 1, 2021 10:44 PM
May 2020
I really loved this as the final episode of season 1. The end was perfect. :)

Also, I'm happy that it was quite a bit longer than usual. At least for me, that makes up for the last few episodes that were like 4-5 minutes shorter than usual.
Jan 1, 2021 11:45 PM
Oct 2017
Dude... I think it said that there will be a season 2? And I'm 90% sure the voice at the end was Hua Cheng, so um... it's going to be that arc huh? I'm really looking forward to it.

I thought it was nice. That one moment at the end was cool. Yeah. Anyway, I don't really know how much I liked this, it wasn't like a 10, but I really liked it. Yeah. Well. Yeah.

Okay I think it's too late at night. But yes I enjoyed this episode and this season.
Jan 2, 2021 1:23 AM

Aug 2008
I gave an 8 to the first season. Looking forward the second, on youtube channel bee nsaid s2 is already in production ohhh
The spider is watching
Jan 2, 2021 1:33 AM

May 2017
Me whenever hua chengzu true form appear on screen:

Bless haoliners for teasing us with a flash of HC face. I can't see shit though gahahah. Well..i'll take whatever hua chengzu crumbs they throw at us.

I knew it they'd end it at that part, since we gonna get special episode with they get back to puqi shrine.

So far as novel reader im really enjoying this adaptation, its definitely not perfect adaptation and they often make error/mistake on the animation but i love how they stay faithfull to the novel especially for the hualian part. Knowing china are strict with their censorship this donghua so far doing pretty good job adapting the novel and evenmore keeping the hualian moment. Im thankful for what they give at us.

Anyway, yooo that end teaser with hua cheng voice, that line...

Man i really can't wait for it!!
homonanokaJan 2, 2021 1:38 AM
Jan 2, 2021 3:47 AM

Jul 2009
If I'm honest the last few episodes weren't really that enjoyable for me except for a few scenes. But I already didn't really like this arc in the novel that much so it's no surprise.
Not enough tension and too much talking about topics I couldn't get invested in.

It almost felt a bit like a chore towards the end because people expect character development and epic story arcs.

The thing is

I'm worried about one thing the most for future seasons. And that is cencorship. Not cencorship of the romance but cencorship on VIOLENCE. Because the past of the characters is like the biggest thing in the whole story. It's what shaped the characters, brought them together or apart and is the foundation on what the future events are build.
If it's censored tho...

Nevertheless, it can only get better from here story wise and I hope it will also get better animation wise in the next season.
I also hope the studio either gets their shit together or a different studio picks it up if the current one is too lazy for good quality

Time to re-read the novel until season 2 comes out!
Jan 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Jul 2009
Goddammit do i have to reread the novel! I WANT MORE T-T
Jan 2, 2021 1:42 PM

Aug 2016
Mediocre show at best and definitely not as good as Mo Dao Zu Shi (for now).

Especially the last 3 to 4 episodes were bad. Well, at least visuals and music are great.

One thing: People should stop writing reviews about the novel (all those 10s) and start rating the anime only.

Overall rating: 5/10
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jan 2, 2021 6:34 PM
Mar 2014
Was super happy with the finale episode being 30 minutes! I'm glad that Banyue had a good ending, and hopefully she will be with her FATHERS Xie Lian and Hua Cheng. Also it was nice to see the Lady Wind Master and her "Friend". Excited for next season and the special episode in February.
Jan 3, 2021 1:37 AM
Oct 2020
yawnchawn said:
I'm so sad it's over T_T We only just got to see Wind Master ~ So many characters we haven't yet been introduced to.

They put Banyue in a pot ! Portable loli !

I got teary when the kid said he was gonna build a temple to Xie Lian.

Nan Feng knows the horror of Xie Lian's cooking, he ain't sticking around for that disaster.

And so it ends with Xie Lian admitting he knew San Lang's identity as the ghost king (I mean, it was pretty obvious). Sigh, I'm so eager for the special in February. And we get another season? Yay !

Faithful to the novel thus far. Despite censorship, they somehow made a few Hualian scenes even more obvious (Makes me wonder how they would deal with the whole... "spiritual energy sharing" thing between the two). I'm happy with this as an adaptation.

I feel like MAYBE THEYLL PRESS THEIR FORHEADS TOGETHER?? LIKE- THATS THE GAYEST NONE GAY THING THEY COULD DO
Jan 3, 2021 1:40 AM
Oct 2020
Vedrun said:
If I'm honest the last few episodes weren't really that enjoyable for me except for a few scenes. But I already didn't really like this arc in the novel that much so it's no surprise.
Not enough tension and too much talking about topics I couldn't get invested in.

It almost felt a bit like a chore towards the end because people expect character development and epic story arcs.

The thing is

I'm worried about one thing the most for future seasons. And that is cencorship. Not cencorship of the romance but cencorship on VIOLENCE. Because the past of the characters is like the biggest thing in the whole story. It's what shaped the characters, brought them together or apart and is the foundation on what the future events are build.
If it's censored tho...

Nevertheless, it can only get better from here story wise and I hope it will also get better animation wise in the next season.
I also hope the studio either gets their shit together or a different studio picks it up if the current one is too lazy for good quality

Time to re-read the novel until season 2 comes out!

OH BOY R U WRONG
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THE NOVEL!!!!
he has major guilt from his past and i forgot which book but in 2 or 3 his ENTIRE past is brought up and every moment good or bad so ,,yeah ur right that his character development happened a while ago[other than HC shenanigans] but in sequence of books its later on.
Jan 3, 2021 1:44 PM
Aug 2020
I was hoping for a kiss at the end but then I remembered that this show is Chinese...
Jan 3, 2021 5:54 PM

Mar 2016
I liked this episode. I would have actually liked to see San Lang eat Xie Lian's homecooked meal before they signed off. But I like how their relationship is solid even with Hua Cheng's identity out in the open.

I gotta find some time to read the novel and manga.
Jan 3, 2021 7:15 PM

Aug 2015
this arc was really dragging until the second half of this final episode.

the name drop and the last two lines.... THE TEASE.
Jan 6, 2021 5:20 PM

Dec 2016
I cracked that the guide was suspicious from the start. That's a flaw with animations, they giveaway some later character surprise (like in MDZS with you know which boy). But oh well, I have rest of the big chuck to read.

I really enjoyed this donghua. Art and character designs were very pleasing like in MDZS. I actually enjoyed a full mystery take where you don't even know what exactly or who is causing the problem. We also had that amazing first arc. So to me plot was good.

I am however interested in those past events that might have suffered from the same thing like MDZS s2. Some felt rather rushed in my opinion, mostly these last few.

The beginning episodes were certainly a 10/10, but this last arc kinda wasn't up par with it. It was certainly interesting, but there was something lacking there.

Looking forward to season 2. I have a lot of questions regarding General Pei, Fu Yao and that lil boy with plague.
Jan 11, 2021 1:54 AM
Nov 2009
So I started TGCF yesterday with no prior knowledge of the series and completely binged it all without getting up from my chair once. I love the interactions between the characters, the art both scenery and character design, the music, etc.

Today I have read the manhua and started continuing the story in the novel. Can't wait for more. :D
Apr 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
Am I supposed to feel sorry for a war criminal and a mass murderer because he couldn't advance his military career? Give me a break. Those flashbacks were absolutely unnecessary.
Sep 16, 2021 7:22 AM
Jul 2020
the japanese dub of the last part is so so good. fukuyama jun and kamiya hiroshi really nailed it.
the part when he said to keep calling him san lang, my heart SJSJSJKSJDJKAKSJHSKAKSJ IM SO HAPPY.
Dec 14, 2021 9:38 PM

Apr 2009
aaand, season over, lol,
man- i hate watching recent anime (or donghua i guess), since they're either still airing, waiting for new seasons, or have the risk of getting cancelled before the entire story is out.

-right before i watched this, i watched through Mo dao zu shi, and since it's the only other (donghua?) i have watched, i would certainly compare them,

i haven't read neither novel nor manua...manhua? -just watched the 'anime',
but it felt much slower than Mo dao, and i guess Red is just much more forward and i can't get a good read on White- so to me he's kind of a dunce,

it was kinda precious that White doesn't really care what someone looks like, nor who they really are. but Red felt like he had to hold back a lot not to just pounce on White, lol. the two stooges certainly has reason to be vary of him, heh.

as for the animation; i guess i watched an "early" version or something since i both got to see the awkward mouth-glitch-loop-animation and the red sword,
but thus far, i certainly preferred Mo dao to this one, i hear many who watched it felt it was far too fast-paced, but while watching this one i kept waiting for "the plot" to happen,
but essentially we got White just setting up temple, meeting Red, heading off on two different missions and we're done. i feel like so much more happened in Mo dao, and hearing this 'anime' is based on a much longer novel, either i would expect -many- more seasons to happen, but due to the state of the media, the state of the world, who even knows if it will.

TL;DR:
animation was a tad janky at parts, it felt quite slow and some things were drawn out much longer than they needed to be. comparing it to Mo dao zu shi, i guess the "romance" is happening much faster here, but can't tell if that's a good thing yet.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jun 28, 2022 11:34 AM

May 2013
8/10

I wish they kissed, haha X) The romance is subtle-- I have a love hate towards it lol.

Overall, this was so good! and I'm impressed a few parts were unpredictable for me C: Nice job.
Aug 2, 2022 9:30 PM

Dec 2016
It was a nice touch that they added Banyue and Pei Xiu's memories of their past after General Hua 'passed away' because if I'm not mistaken, that didn't happen in the novel.
Nov 29, 2022 10:38 PM
Nov 2021
so hot man, i really loved their conversations
May 3, 2023 9:13 AM
Jan 2020
This was not as good as Mo Dao Zu Shi.
Jul 12, 2023 12:41 AM

Dec 2020
Sounds like it's the gods fault again for this problem. Before they ascended it seems like their nation was the ones getting bullied and you would feel for them. But it sorta gets cancelled out by the killing of so many innocents just for covering up.

All in all. Loved the art and style. The story was nice as well. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Aug 22, 2023 6:55 PM
Aug 2020
12 on Netflix.

It was a great episode, maybe the best for me.

I’m excited for the S2…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 10, 2023 6:08 PM

Mar 2010
Wind master is so pretty. Glad the first arc is done. It feels so long.
Feb 6, 8:18 AM
Jan 2024
Unfortunately, it reminds me of someone I care much about. So, it may be a while before I can watch Season 2. Otherwise, the romance is beautiful and quietly passionate without going anywhere too risque. Which is probably how Chinese television likes all romance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 8 Discussion

Xealias - Dec 11, 2020

25 by Karva1 »»
Apr 9, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xealias - Oct 30, 2020

140 by Karva1 »»
Apr 6, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 9 Discussion

livexevil - Dec 19, 2020

34 by ProudtobeMAD »»
Jan 26, 11:43 AM

» Anyone watch the Japanese version?

Mishiia - Jan 23

4 by Mishiia »»
Jan 24, 10:06 PM

» Japanese Dub?

Ashuri - Jan 21, 2022

7 by Mishiia »»
Jan 23, 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.