Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 1, 2021 5:32 PM
Mar 2016
It's probably the fourth time I watch this anime.. I swear I can't stop feeling the warmth mentally and physically!

I literally feel the warmth all over my body, specially my face.. while instinctively giggling with a cringey happy face!

I even cry sometimes, but how can I explain it? there's nothing sad about it to cry.. I literally cry with joy!!

Is there a one-word description for these emotions!? I hope I could feel this in real life too, and be able to express how it feels.
Jan 1, 2021 5:46 PM
Mar 2016
I wonder if they could ever make another anime that gives you such extraordinary warmth and happiness!
Jan 1, 2021 6:02 PM

Nov 2008
Yes, you need to watch more shoujo, sir....xD MOST of them will make you feel this way....and a plus, the MCs are not ugly like this dude. :)

Try Fruits Basket 2019.

Jan 1, 2021 6:03 PM
Jul 2020
ShaDanDan said:
It's probably the fourth time I watch this anime.. I swear I can't stop feeling the warmth mentally and physically!

I literally feel the warmth all over my body, specially my face.. while instinctively giggling with a cringey happy face!

I even cry sometimes, but how can I explain it? there's nothing sad about it to cry.. I literally cry with joy!!

Is there a one-word description for these emotions!? I hope I could feel this in real life too, and be able to express how it feels.

I totally get what you mean, it is a really heartwarming and adorable anime where the romance is seen very well.
If you had to describe it in 1 word then i guess the word: Wholesome, would come to mind for me when i think of this anime.
Jan 2, 2021 3:57 PM
Mar 2016
Chiibi said:
Yes, you need to watch more shoujo, sir....xD MOST of them will make you feel this way....and a plus, the MCs are not ugly like this dude. :)

Try Fruits Basket 2019.

If that's how shoujo feels, I'll definitely consider it a priority! :))

My image of shoujo is actually horrible, it's something like this:
a girl with many handsome bastards around her, the handsome guys in anime are usually bad.. they're not kind, they don't treat the girl well, and she'll fall for one of them [or more] because of their cold personality!

It hurts me to follow the story of a girl who eventually falls for a guy who has such a personality, but since he's handsome he will be forgive by the author and will be given the girl peacefully!

Perhaps shoujo genre should be like that to attract girls!? I'm not sure, I mean I can't speak for the girls but it gives me a bad taste in the mouth. Also, that's why Takeo is a wholesome MC for me xD

Yet Ore Monogatari feels like an exception in the Shoujo genre!

About Fruits Basket, I've heard good stuff about it.. although it has apparently some complicated drama with the 2 guys. I heard though only one will win, the other feels like he has been considered as a friend [or brother if I remember] since the beginning.
That doesn't ruin the show, but there's still some good stuff I'd like to watch before it.
ShaDanDanJan 2, 2021 5:41 PM
Jan 2, 2021 4:38 PM

Nov 2008
ShaDanDan said:

a girl with many handsome bastards around her, the handsome guys in anime are usually bad.. they're not kind, they don't treat the girl well, and she'll fall for one of them [or more] because of their cold personality!

Oh no, a lot of them are not like that at all; just stay away from ones that are based on a game; those are normally really bad.

About Fruits Basket, I've heard good stuff about it.. although it has apparently some complicated drama with the 2 guys. I heard though only one will win

That is true.

the other feels like he has been considered as a friend [or brother if I remember] since the beginning.

That is true too but he also gets a girlfriend and they are really cute together :) Fruits Basket has romance happening everywhere and they are all cute; that's one really great thing about it.

I also recommend Kimi Ni Todoke if you want a nice boy x shy girl couple; that is also pretty wholesome.

You'll also like One Week Friends; though it's not exactly romance, you can tell they like each other and are cute together. It's actually shounen though...I think.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is also really good.

3D Kanojo is cute too...though some people don't like it; I think the characters are very inoffensive.

Jan 2, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2016
Chiibi said:
ShaDanDan said:

Oh no, a lot of them are not like that at all; just stay away from ones that are based on a game; those are normally really bad.

About Fruits Basket, I've heard good stuff about it.. although it has apparently some complicated drama with the 2 guys. I heard though only one will win

That is true.

the other feels like he has been considered as a friend [or brother if I remember] since the beginning.

That is true too but he also gets a girlfriend and they are really cute together :) Fruits Basket has romance happening everywhere and they are all cute; that's one really great thing about it.

I also recommend Kimi Ni Todoke if you want a nice boy x shy girl couple; that is also pretty wholesome.

You'll also like One Week Friends; though it's not exactly romance, you can tell they like each other and are cute together. It's actually shounen though...I think.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is also really good.

3D Kanojo is cute too...though some people don't like it; I think the characters are very inoffensive.

Oh yeah I have watched Kimi ni Todoke it's actually awesome! I liked the MC guy too, he's worthy of being a cool MC.

One Week Friends.. I thought I've watched it all, but now I see it's on my PTW list. I don't remember why I didn't finish it, I felt something bad.. umm do you recommend this as a wholesome one!? xD

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun I watched it too, it's nice! ^^

As for 3D Kanojo, I watched the 1st season.. although the MC irritates me, but I liked the girl here. and I hated the most that handsome bastard! See!? This is why I hate handsome guys in anime xD

I thought of watching the 2nd season, but I'm still scared of irritating moments because of the chicken MC, or maybe even ntr attempts!!
Jan 2, 2021 5:16 PM

Nov 2008
ShaDanDan said:

One Week Friends.. I thought I've watched it all, but now I see it's on my PTW list. I don't remember why I didn't finish it, I felt something bad.. umm do you recommend this as a wholesome one!? xD
!

There's really nothing bad in it. A character does upset the heroine but it was actually another girl and she does apologize; it is a pretty wholesome show.

Oh Akagami Shirayukihime is good. Cause Zen is hot AND he is nice. xD Those two have the most mature relationship I've ever seen in shoujo, actually.
ChiibiJan 2, 2021 5:33 PM

Jan 2, 2021 6:08 PM

Jan 2020
Have you watched Wotakoi: Love is Hard For an Otaku? A favorite of mine, there’s no competition for the love interests and talks more about the complexities of relationships as adults. Makes me feel warm and laugh a lot. I love Ore Monogatari for the same reason, so wholesome.
Jan 3, 2021 1:41 PM
Mar 2016
babadeebadoo said:
Have you watched Wotakoi: Love is Hard For an Otaku? A favorite of mine, there’s no competition for the love interests and talks more about the complexities of relationships as adults. Makes me feel warm and laugh a lot. I love Ore Monogatari for the same reason, so wholesome.

I did watched it and it was nice. :)

But honestly until now I couldn't find another romance that could surpass Ore Monogatari in wholesomeness!
Jan 3, 2021 8:42 PM

Jan 2020
ShaDanDan said:
babadeebadoo said:

I did watched it and it was nice. :)

But honestly until now I couldn't find another romance that could surpass Ore Monogatari in wholesomeness!

Fair enough! I feel the same way. I have a couple animes that make my heart really warm and Ore Monogatari never gets old.
Jan 17, 2021 9:52 AM

Apr 2020
i knew about ore monogatari plot and its "heartwarming-shoujo fame" but finished it for the very first time this month. and i feel it completely! couldn't stop smiling in every episode. and the OP and ED are sooo cute!

i guess that much of this its cuz Takeo y Yamato are very sincere with their feelings even being reciprocal and don't spare themselves in show actual display of affection (according to their ways/manners) plus their voiceovers confirm it A LOT of times.

also, third parties're not deliberately malicious, yet express a new conflict that's resolved, confession involved or not, by thinking about the unrequited loved one's well-being. and who rejects them shows empathy.

another part that i find refreshing is the depict of some1 arromantic. Suna's not only the ML friend (a great one indeed) also has his own development and becomes a recurring support for Yamato too.

ShaDanDan said:
Chiibi said:
Try Fruits Basket 2019.
About Fruits Basket, I've heard good stuff about it.. although it has apparently some complicated drama with the 2 guys. I heard though only one will win, the other feels like he has been considered as a friend [or brother if I remember] since the beginning.
That doesn't ruin the show, but there's still some good stuff I'd like to watch before it.
fruit basket is one of my fav manga and the 2019 version it's becoming one of my favorite anime. the whole 2boys x 1girl issue its almost a bait, there's sooo much more. BUT while it has a lot of warmth, it has the same amount of painful and dramatic moments. just saying

this super wholesomeness didn't happen to me so much with anime but i do with unadapted manga like Yubisaki to Renren, Renai Gokko Sayokyoku, You Got Me, Sempai! and Furuya Nagisa's BL. technically, Wotakoi and Horimiya are not shoujos but have actual wholesome romance (and humor) and they're highly recommended
Jan 20, 2021 10:53 PM
Nov 2020
I can’t even remember how many times I have rewatched this anime, and every time I do, I get this warm and happy feeling in my heart like it’s at peace
Jan 26, 2022 12:26 AM

Oct 2021
Bro I'm literally 2 episodes in and I've already fallen in love with this show. I can't believe I've been putting it off for so long
Eiyuu Senki Theme Until MAL Adds The Manga
Jan 26, 2022 7:45 PM
Jul 2020
Yeetusdeletus4 said:
ShaDanDan said:

I totally get what you mean, it is a really heartwarming and adorable anime where the romance is seen very well.
If you had to describe it in 1 word then i guess the word: Wholesome, would come to mind for me when i think of this anime.
does sun get with someone or nah
Jul 19, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2017
its really nice and wholesome but just so boring too..

just like flowers are nice, you won't see me starring at a flipping flower for 20 minutes or idk how many hours. I'll get a headache

plz @ me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

raveninthemuddle - Apr 4, 2015

435 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.