Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 1, 4:15 PM
I already have it as one of my favourites.

I honestly think this should be in the top 100 or even top 50.

I love its take on world-building and character design.

The story is a solid 9 in the current season with a few minor flaws.

What is your opinion?

P.S - The 3d animation threw me off at the start of the 1st season but I have grown to love it.

Jan 1, 9:41 PM
I would give it a 9 or 10 depending on the Arc. The Shrek academy arc lagged on FOREVER though and I would consider it the weakest arc though how long the arc was made the end of the tournament arc that much more emotional so idk...honestly the show is very well balanced and compensates for where it lags so on average I would say this deserves an 8.7 on MAL at least with room to go up because I do consider this current arc to be the strongest one so far.

Jan 2, 12:12 PM
I would put it up there with any fantasy/action/martial arts anime to be frank -- so say an overall of an 8 or 9 for the whole series so far. There are some arcs that tend to drag on a bit and are slow, but overall I think this is one of the best donghua series out there along with Quan Zhi Gao Shou (The King's Avatar), Mo Dao Zu Shi (The Founder of Diabolism), Rakshasa Street, Huyao Xiao Hongniang (Fox Spirit Matchmaker), and Scissor Seven (haven't seen this one yet but I've only heard good things about it).

The only donghua series where I've enjoyed the world building more than Douluo probably was Wu Geng Ji (The Legend and the Hero).

Though you'll get your usual detractors when it comes to chinese anime - ie "the animations bad or it's in 3d I don't like it" or "I don't like the language" or for political reasons (China = bad); but if you can look past that and give some of the shows a chance, there are some really good and enjoyable ones out there like Douluo Dalu.

Yesterday, 2:10 PM
crewfalcons said:
I would put it up there with any fantasy/action/martial arts anime to be frank -- so say an overall of an 8 or 9 for the whole series so far. There are some arcs that tend to drag on a bit and are slow, but overall I think this is one of the best donghua series out there along with Quan Zhi Gao Shou (The King's Avatar), Mo Dao Zu Shi (The Founder of Diabolism), Rakshasa Street, Huyao Xiao Hongniang (Fox Spirit Matchmaker), and Scissor Seven (haven't seen this one yet but I've only heard good things about it).

The only donghua series where I've enjoyed the world building more than Douluo probably was Wu Geng Ji (The Legend and the Hero).

Though you'll get your usual detractors when it comes to chinese anime - ie "the animations bad or it's in 3d I don't like it" or "I don't like the language" or for political reasons (China = bad); but if you can look past that and give some of the shows a chance, there are some really good and enjoyable ones out there like Douluo Dalu.

Could you please tell me more shows like this? I even like Wu Geng Ji, but the third season ended with a cliffhanger. Many thanks.