Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2020 7:28 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome play, they worked their best and their efforts paid off. It looked beautiful I had to put my rubber under my eyes to absorb the tears.
Quite good anime, it feels like it was made with passion and lots of work, I respect that.
Angel Michael shares its name with the king of pop, greatest Angel!
Dec 28, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
The final episode: Mankai Company vs. God Troupe. So, it has come to this moment: Angels vs. Demons.

Re-accounting what Izumi Tachibana has come thus far with saving Mankai Company from scratch for the past 6 months (all seasons intact), they can't afford to fail now. Give it your best, bishounen of Winter Troupe!

A performance Troupe well-played, but it all comes down to the results, and as expected Mankai Company won the challenge, fair and square. And with it, the prize money to finally clear Mankai Company of ALL its debt. All that effort was worth it to the end.

Truly a good ending to the entire 2-cour anime spanning all seasonal Troupes.
KANLen09Dec 29, 2020 8:31 AM
Dec 28, 2020 8:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm very happy for Mankai company, they definitely deserve it, but I also feel sad that it's over now, I really hope that they'll do another season, this anime is clearly underrated
Dec 28, 2020 8:34 AM
Apr 2015
Why the date of final episode is 29 December? When the actual date of the episode?
Dec 28, 2020 8:52 AM

Oct 2009
Well, that was... adequate, I guess. All things considered, I think that's the best I can say about this episode - pretty much business as expected.

We got to hear Kazu's new VA, and even Guy managed to sneak in there for a single ... frame, basically, it's too short to even call it a cameo. Just as I thought he would.

Honestly, based on the anime alone, it doesn't feel like we'll get a second season. Obviously the story is there, but... The anime didn't really manage to build any hype for people outside the game. I think. Not even a consistent decent quality, sad as that is. Then again, I have no idea how it performed in Japan, which will obviously be more important for them anyway, so there's that.
Dec 28, 2020 8:52 AM
Sep 2015
Francis_0 said:
Why the date of final episode is 29 December? When the actual date of the episode?

Different timezone make Japan very early country to enter 29 December
Dec 28, 2020 8:55 AM
Sep 2015
When Raphael said "Now I've lost not only my love, but also my dearest friend" does this mean that Rapahel is in love with Michael? Which doesn't mean gay ending since angel doesn't have gender, but still, for a play like this, I can only imagine...
Dec 28, 2020 10:07 AM
Jul 2020
REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE GAME. DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE STILL PLAYING THE GAME.

This was amazing. You can't tell how happy I am for this adaptation.

I was still disappointed because they left out one of the most important scene from the game, where Hisoka was locked in with Izumi in the Unopening Door, and there, he mentions August, a person that will be important in Act 2. I was kinda happy because they showed a little bit of Azuma's past, which is crucial to the story. Because of leaving out that part, anime watchers will think of him as a guy who sleeps with people as a job without knowing the reason why he does it. It's sad that they didn't include those major plot scenes, but there is nothing we can do about it, really.

Also, this is Tomoru Akazawa's debut as a VA. He did well as the new Kazunari. For those that don't know, Ren Ozawa, the previous VA of Kazunari, has been pulled out from the game and all A3-related content due to Domestic abuse with his ex-girlfriend. Because of this, they replaced his VA. His current VA is Tomoru Akazawa, Kazunari's Stage Actor in A3 Mankai Stage.

Overall, I'll give the Winter Troupe Debut Play Arc a 8/10. I'm happy with how it ended and how everything went, but leaving out those major parts of the game was extremely disappointing.

Can't wait for the adaptations of the 2nd and 3rd plays of the act 1 and 4th play of act 2. I hope they can make up those moments in these parts.
ItsIvanArroyoDec 28, 2020 10:24 AM
Dec 28, 2020 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
well firstly props to the production team for switching out Kazu's VA for this last ep. Can't imagine the backlash if they had kept Ozawa even though it's like one line lol

but anywho

was a nice finale to the winter troupe, kinda reminded me of the summer one in a sense. Also glad to see them beating the god troupe, and what I presume moving forward to the next chapter/act/whatever in the game.

Overall, the winter troupe I'd say was better than the fall, but didn't really live up to the spring and summer ones. It did have it's share of good moments yes, but idk, wasn't really as impactful as some of the other ones

Summer > Spring > Winter > Fall/10
Dec 28, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2016
I still cant get over how I started crying over a chopped up theatre production thats not even the plot of the anime. I knew I creid easily but damn.

In general as someone who knew nothing about the games going into this I liked it more than I would care to admit and it put me down a path I can never recover from, thats right, I am now an avid idol gatcha player. I really hope theres another season in the future.

Dec 28, 2020 2:58 PM

Nov 2019
Finally we see Sympathy of the Angel. Lots of new dialogues (I think) that weren't in the game. Decent enough episode.

Whole company comes together TT.TT I'm crying tears of joy!

Fuyugumi being wholesome as usual! Get back at Reni though! (Will we see act 2 and 3 animated I wonder~)

Fleur Award explained, and Sakuya being a wholesome boy! Good enough way to end the anime with trashy animation and LOTS of cut content (why no Azuma or Hisoka development >.<)

yellowheartren said:
We got to hear Kazu's new VA, and even Guy managed to sneak in there for a single ... frame, basically, it's too short to even call it a cameo. Just as I thought he would.

Heck yes, the new VA is in action ^v^

Guy-Guy~ All 4 rookies showed up, now I'm content ^^

~~~

Overall I give an 8/10, probably because I'm biased for my aki and fuyu boys ^^;; Let's hope there's new seasons animating the rest of the main story!!

Oh and happy birthday to Fuyugumi's leader Tsumugi! (≧∇≦*) Hope angel boy gets the things he wants and has fun with fuyugumi (and Zabi) I wish I got his card fully bloomed, but alas, no more diamonds left -_-
tappdancing786Dec 28, 2020 3:02 PM
Dec 28, 2020 3:47 PM

Sep 2018
This anime makes me miss my own times on stage... It reminds me of how fun acting is. I really enjoyed their play, great finale.
Dec 28, 2020 4:02 PM
Jul 2018

The manager described my feelings well. A3! has been one of my favorite anime. So it's a solid 10/10 rating for me. It's like embarking in a journey watching these actors grow, mature, and perform on stage. The art is beautiful. The story is very realistic. The messages were simple but very relatable.
removed-userDec 28, 2020 4:08 PM
Dec 28, 2020 5:02 PM

Feb 2011
I really missed Izumi's conversations with Hisoka and Azuma about their past and hang-ups. :(

I expected to see Chikage in the audience but nope, though we did glimpse Citronia randomly.

Sad to see this anime go, really wish the events could have been animated.
眠れないのは君のせい
Dec 28, 2020 5:04 PM
Jul 2018

With this episode, the full two seasons of A3! concludes. Here is a screenshot of all the troupe members as a souvenir.
Dec 28, 2020 5:06 PM

Feb 2011
phantomfandom said:
When Raphael said "Now I've lost not only my love, but also my dearest friend" does this mean that Rapahel is in love with Michael? Which doesn't mean gay ending since angel doesn't have gender, but still, for a play like this, I can only imagine...

I believe so, as if it was platonically as a friend he would have just kept it as 'lost my dearest friend'. Also when he says 'don't you see' he is confessing. 'Don't you see why I care so much? You can't because you're gone and it's too late.'

This isn't the first play with those vibes but it's the first one that outright stated romantic love. I'd say the Nocturnality play (game only) is the second closest and featured Tasuku and Azuma.

p.s. not counting plays where a character played a female role, like Yuki and Taichi did
眠れないのは君のせい
Dec 28, 2020 5:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So that's it, the final play from them! Its an expected win, for sure. The whole play simply good. However idk why i am still prefer the previous troupe. Guess, its actually God Troupe fault to chose something that completely out of target. Or, its just a mere luck, with the differences of two votes. Well, okay, then. A bit of weird since Hisoka didn't get his backstory, the only one. I am kinda wait his moment till the last seconds. But, its just got forgetting. Whatever, then, guess he just stayed mysterious as his based background to the whole troupe, even, to the whole company. Nice character. For the God Troupe, i kinda want Reni-sama to acted more dramatic, like he always did before. But, guess they ran out of a duration so everything ended up without much seriousness happened. However, that Haruto last lined up seems pretty funny for me, he got demoted. Lol. Still, i am hoping more expression for both of them, since they kept interest me as a villain. But, that last touch, looked very underwhelming. Well, everything just vanished into one line full of tease, that suggest they will comeback, as Reni-sama promised to always trying to crushed them. Such a villainous character with its cliched. Its time for everyone to back to the game, i guess!

Thats being said, for the whole troupe, i am still prefer the previous one. Then the summer troupe for my best troupe. As the overall scores, somehow, i can't take it more. Since everything just, well, the same. So, i am gonna make this show short, and closed it as the same level as the previous season.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 30, 2020 6:52 AM
Dec 2020
Chouninatte said:
phantomfandom said:

I believe so, as if it was platonically as a friend he would have just kept it as 'lost my dearest friend'. Also when he says 'don't you see' he is confessing. 'Don't you see why I care so much? You can't because you're gone and it's too late.'

This isn't the first play with those vibes but it's the first one that outright stated romantic love. I'd say the Nocturnality play (game only) is the second closest and featured Tasuku and Azuma.

p.s. not counting plays where a character played a female role, like Yuki and Taichi did

Man you guys need to read. Raphael does NOT love Michael. If you paid attention to the play then you would have known that Raphael loved a human before and she died so that's why he said "loving a human will only bring you pain in the end, I know that all too well." Raphael isn't confessing because idk why you can't care about your long time friend without being seen as a romance. Y'all need to get your mind out of the gutter.
OetsuNimaiyaDec 30, 2020 6:56 AM
Jan 3, 2021 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
ItsIvanArroyo said:
REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE GAME. DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE STILL PLAYING THE GAME.

This was amazing. You can't tell how happy I am for this adaptation.

I was still disappointed because they left out one of the most important scene from the game, where Hisoka was locked in with Izumi in the Unopening Door, and there, he mentions August, a person that will be important in Act 2. I was kinda happy because they showed a little bit of Azuma's past, which is crucial to the story. Because of leaving out that part, anime watchers will think of him as a guy who sleeps with people as a job without knowing the reason why he does it. It's sad that they didn't include those major plot scenes, but there is nothing we can do about it, really.

thank frick i'm not the only one who thinks that. i still can't believe they left out a few things from the game main story for the winter troupe
Jan 10, 2021 10:23 PM
May 2015
OetsuNimaiya said:
Chouninatte said:

Man you guys need to read. Raphael does NOT love Michael. If you paid attention to the play then you would have known that Raphael loved a human before and she died so that's why he said "loving a human will only bring you pain in the end, I know that all too well." Raphael isn't confessing because idk why you can't care about your long time friend without being seen as a romance. Y'all need to get your mind out of the gutter.

What do you mean "get your mind out of the gutter"? How is romance dirty?
To be fair, he could have been in love with the human but also fallen in love with Michael. Although I agree in that I don't think it's explicitly romantic, I don't think it's 100% impossible either, so I feel like your hostility towards the others is a little much.
Jun 12, 2021 12:21 PM

Feb 2012
Not bad but it's not good either.
First season was better imo and the fact they introduced supernatural stuff put me on the edge.
It also didn't help that i didn't like the winter troupe. Their play also didn't have as much impact as the previous 3 others.
5/10 for me.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Apr 25, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 2021
it was very repetative
Feb 21, 8:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
There were nice moments here and there but probably more meh moments like the supernatural and very repetitive stuff, going to settle for a 4/10 here.

Fine finale episode though, but the past 3-4 episodes were not exactly good in my records. The friendship between the two characters never felt consistent and I'm a bit confused why they dropped the whole police and rumour sidestory.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

More topics from this board

Poll: » A3! Season Autumn & Winter Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

10 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Poll: » A3! Season Autumn & Winter Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2020

9 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:36 PM

Poll: » A3! Season Autumn & Winter Episode 3 Discussion

Ringare - Oct 26, 2020

9 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » A3! Season Autumn & Winter Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2020

12 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » A3! Season Autumn & Winter Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

11 by anthi-light »»
Jun 6, 2021 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.