Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2020 5:21 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tone-chan with Ponytail is next level, I have no words. Really wish for her debut...best supporter.

I am gonna eat Broccoli now. We should all eat more of it.

Great group performance. Idols always need support, they definitely deserved their fans.

Definitely enjoyed the whole series. Lovely and cute idols, wish for a second season!
Dec 28, 2020 5:25 AM

Jul 2017
NO...my guilty pleasure of a show has finished...

Ino's quite popular in her hometown, but the others sure needs some sacrifice, and it's been a while to see Roko in her Broko rouse, that was attained through thick and thin of a "hard-fought" Neko "King's game" against Cream Anmitsu. She'll always be treated like a kid.

Even down to the last spurt, Fruit Tart is really trying hard to be noticeable, even along with Manager Hoho. Selling their famous curry for extra support, YES. AND HOLY SHIT, it's Fruit Tart doing Broko style dance...old times never change!

Everyone's hairstyles are different, but Nina doesn't need it, because she has boobs for a backup plan.

Their final concert and a collab with Cream Anmitsu, that was a good performance. To win the compeititon from fanservice, that's the usual business.

Really fun show though...gonna miss this being my cure to the Monday Blues.
KANLen09Dec 29, 2020 8:05 AM
Dec 28, 2020 5:34 AM

Feb 2019
I can't stress enough how much I will miss this show. I really grew to love all of the girls so much and was impressed with how funny every episode was. The ecchi, the gay ships, the antics, they all grew on me tremendously. It went from a guilty pleasure type thing to legit one of my faves of the season.

What a finale to top it all off. Hopefully we'll get a season 2, otherwise I'll def be on the manga soon.
Dec 28, 2020 5:58 AM

Feb 2020
Good and enjoyable, I like it!
7/10.
Dec 28, 2020 6:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Objectively this show isn't really good and has a lot of flaws but to be honest it's definitely the kind of show which is very easy to enjoy and to laid-back on, and the broccoli song is going to stay in my head xD well I won't really miss this one but for sure I enjoyed watching it every Monday, and thanks to the enjoyment I can say it was pretty good!
Dec 28, 2020 6:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Marinate1016 said:
What a finale to top it all off. Hopefully we'll get a season 2, otherwise I'll def be on the manga soon.
With what they said at the very end I guess it's possible, they definitely teased it
Dec 28, 2020 6:17 AM

Apr 2014
The Fruit Tart idols comes to an end. I will miss those girls.
Ino's bladder problems strike again, this time it's the bush. Poor Roko, it's a real nightmare for her, starting from playing with Cream Anmitsu to the broccoli dance. However, the broccoli dance appears to be a great performance, everyone like it. With support from everyone in the neighborhood, the event is successful. It could say that Fruit Tart is a representative idol group of Higashi-Koganei.

何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 28, 2020 6:20 AM

Oct 2017
Roko senpai's dead eyes were hilarious.

A final concert to end this season and it was in their hometown. With everyone's support it went well. Glad to see they made it to the finals but lol the deciding factor was their panty flash. Also the broco dance was cute.

This was a really fluffy anime and I loved it. Roko senpai's my fav, she's just too adorable. Hoping for season 2.
MegamiRemDec 29, 2020 8:58 AM
Dec 28, 2020 6:21 AM

Jan 2019
"Little girls save the world!" - Inocchi.

This was, without a doubt, one of my favorite animes of this the year. Great fun from start to finish.

I hope there is demand for a new season.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Dec 28, 2020 6:22 AM

Oct 2007
Tone new hairstyle. kawaii

Roko worst nightmare.. I was laughing so hard. She's the last girl standing. lol

reality is harsh..

Ino did not have any dignity to begin with..

Hemo "borrowed" Ino's tights..

that song and dance they did together on stage is so good!!

9/10

gonna miss this show so much! ><
Liddo-kunDec 28, 2020 6:30 AM
Dec 28, 2020 6:22 AM

Sep 2019
The people from their neighborhood helped them to carry their equipment, it was a good episode.

I really enjoyed Ochikobore Fruit Tart. Almost every episode was hilarious, with a good amount of fanservice. I liked their songs even though there wasn’t many. All of the girls were so cute. Roko is the best girl.

7/10
Dec 28, 2020 6:32 AM

Jun 2017
lmao they just had to kill poor Roko inside again but it was not in vain. lol

For me this was among the hidden gems of the season. I have not watched much idol stuff but this felt really fresh and the comedy was on point with the fanservice. 8/10

Also I was really bummed that other series I ended up liking like Assault Lily or Senyoku no Sigrdrifa will probably never get another season but I am glad there is hope for this one.
Dec 28, 2020 6:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale! Pantsu for the win ~ xD

Roko-sempai's sacrifice was hilarious and say hello to the "Broko" dance again, lol.

Maid outfit with cat ears, no wonder why Cat Production is at the top of the league. Pres-san knows what needs to be done very well.

Nice little performance in the end but I was a little surprised when the show was hinting at that for a brief while. Totally forgot about Hoho-san as you can tell, lol.

All in all, this has been a really fun show with a nice dose of fan-service sprinkled on top. Definitely want a Season 2 of this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 28, 2020 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
"Remember that we all love you, Fruit Tart!"
Very enjoyable 4-koma manga adaptation, the comedy is fire, the CGDCT execution is perfect, and the idol part is well done too.
One of the better comedy CGDCT available out there. Will miss it a lot. Anyone with a kind soul, please help translate the manga quicker... thanks.

8.5/10

Also this is the last 1-cour airing anime this season in my watching list, perfect series to end this season for me, see y'all in Winter 2021 season, can't wait to watch Gotoubun s2 starting with Nino Redemption Arc 💕.
AikotobaDec 28, 2020 7:29 AM
Dec 28, 2020 7:42 AM
May 2016
Not much of a finale, almost seemed to be setting up more, but overall pretty fun show. Not quite as good as last season's Lapis Re:LiGHTs but not bad for an idol show. Zombieland Saga set the bar pretty high for this sort of thing. Kudos for not having CGI dance routines.
Dec 28, 2020 7:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
At the end, they succeeded to pass the final stage because of the power of their pantsu. Lmao. Nice shit conclusion ever! Lots of silly perverted thing. But they can managed it lowly to be decent enough to watched, at least for my standard. The way of portraying their pervertness was just a feel. antic. I can't say much about that. While kinda bit of underwhelming that the idols theme just a gimmick for the girls to exploiting their sexy-cuteness side. Its an embarassment. However, by trying to sliding off that negativity into possitivity aura, its simply a comedy gold, by their standards, by my standard.

At the end, ironically, this is a very good show to mind off my damn brain and enjoyed their silly activities.
8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 28, 2020 9:03 AM

Nov 2019
Haha loved this series antics with ecchi and yuri ships

7/10 from me, the episodes never failed to crack me up~
Dec 28, 2020 9:25 AM

Dec 2016
Quite a shame. Even though it felt it was in the same ballpark as Hinako Note as CGDCT with fanservice, I felt in the early episodes it could be much more, but there were plenty of personal pet peeves that made me value it lower than Hinako Note.

If Ino's pee jokes were taken out, along with Hayu's the kid pantsu and Hemo would had a schtik more than just fangirling on Ino (I thought Tone was much better at that) it would had been definitely a much more enjoyable show.
KimurahDec 28, 2020 9:38 AM
Dec 28, 2020 10:30 AM

Apr 2019
Great performance by Fruit Tart and Cream anmitsu. They even made it to the finals... regardless of how they qualified!

This anime was pretty okay overall, I might be generous and give it a 5/10 but probably going to be 4/10.

Ending kinda hinted at a second season. Wouldn't mind watching weekly.

Dec 28, 2020 1:34 PM
Jun 2020
Overall a fun and enjoyable show, I would not mind a second season.
Dec 28, 2020 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
this show had pretty average production quality in general but the story and characters held it back. overall 3.5/10 (rounded to 4).
Dec 28, 2020 2:51 PM

Jul 2015
Being Roko is suffering.
Totally underrated CGDCT.

Dec 28, 2020 3:49 PM

Dec 2020
"They've finally established themselves as a unique idol group." while they're sharing a stage with Cream Anmitsu and singing a song that isn't theirs...

Lots of great Roko suffering this ep.

This was a pretty good show. More "cute girls doing cute idoling" rather than a straight idol show and that's more my style. I would definitely enjoy another season.
Dec 28, 2020 4:19 PM

Sep 2020
Oooh, that was a sweet finale.
I'll miss my girls. S2 would be nice.
I love idol anime and enjoyed it as well, even though this show's more SoL-ish.

Nina best girl
Dec 28, 2020 4:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Definitely one of the more underrated shows this season, I personally loved this, and judging by the ending I’d be up for a season 2 without a doubt.
Dec 28, 2020 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
The Broko dans! What a way to end this season with more fanservice goodness, that panty shot was a shock to them, but for us viewers we knew it was to be expected that a panty shot would be the deciding selling point.

Honestly, super fun show from start to finish. Had me laughing a lot with all the gags between these lovely girls. The show is cultured to the core with it's fanservice and I am all for it. It was a true blessing watching it and I hope to see a S2 of Fruit Tart!

Nina approves this score, G cup/10
Dec 28, 2020 5:53 PM

Jan 2011
so dropouts has come to a end...i'm super conflicted on this one so much it ended up as a guilty pleasure what started out as a idol CGDCT ended up going the Hinako Note of fanservice which i'd normally be fine but the mix of the two never sits well with me when i watch these kind of shows it's like going out to eat at restaurant and then it turns out it's a fake hooters lol like the eye candy is nice but like i'm just trying to get some comfy food and not have all this fanservice shoved at ma face

but they wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the source of it's writing as a comedy because man.. you could call the jokes before the punchline even lands by the end because it's either the bingo of boob jokes,loli/pedo jokes/we gotta sell our bodies ,or peeing with dash of hardcore yuri bait

then again you could say it's the whole point since their dropouts and all a bunch of weirdos it just took me out when there was a nice moment that gets ruined for the sake of a boring "cultured" joke which lead me to eyeroll more than i wanted.

6/10 i did enjoy it for the most part despite a lot of flaws and i really love the cute character designs and the music was ironically good though in the end dropouts is idol show about degenerates for degenerates.
Dec 28, 2020 6:54 PM

Jul 2016
Poor Broko's dignity had to die twice this episode but it was all for the greater good. I'm with Ino here tho. I would also like to know what else happened that night with Chiko and co. lol.

Sweet finale for an overall charming series. Fruit Tart's performance alongside Cream Anmitsu was quite nice and the conclusion with the girls passing to the finals of the Idol competition was a lovely way to end things on a good note.

Overall and to my initial surprise, I ended up having a really good time with this series. I'm not afraid to say I gave it a chance merely because Ino reminded me a lot of Nadeshiko (Yuru Camp) design-wise but in the end, I'm glad there was more out there besides that simple aspect.
All the girls were pretty likeable and the chemistry the main cast shared was very enjoyable to see. I also loved the shameless fanservice and particularly, Ino's undying thirst for girls had me chuckling every time it was mentioned.
As for best girl, Hayu is my pick here but god knows how much I would have liked to be in Roko's place every time she groped hugged Nina.

7/10 - Will definitely miss the weekly dose of degeneracy and though unlikely, a sequel would be quite welcome.
Dec 28, 2020 8:44 PM

Oct 2016
I'm gonna miss our degenerate pervert idols. This show was a surprise, I didn't expect to enjoy this show this much, definitely one of the underrated shows this season. This definitely did not feel like an ending and more like their teasing more, so I hope they make a season 2.

This is really the first idol show I've ever watched and I have to say I am glad this was the first. 8.5/10
Dec 28, 2020 11:21 PM

Sep 2020
Im kinda sad that one of my favorite anime concluded, I want a season 2 though, I cant get enough of their shenanigans. Im gonna miss my drop out idols a lot,especially my girl Hayu.

I like Tone-chan with that pony tail, but seriously,she can eat a ton of curry,huh? LOL.

Aahhh.. Im gonna miss them,its a pretty entertaining series. 10/10 for me, I just love them.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Dec 29, 2020 12:30 AM

Oct 2015
The jokes did kinda get repetitive at times but you gotta give props on how engaging this series was, there's barely any breathing room and is full of jokes that are pretty funny and lowkey. I hope we get a season 2 in the near future
Dec 29, 2020 12:41 AM
Sep 2019
Just with that last line about "continuing the story for another time" leads me to believe that Fruit Tart will get a second season, which I hope it does because this series was really enjoyable and really cute, I didn't mind this series.
Dec 29, 2020 1:08 AM

Jul 2013
It was boring most of the time, but some jokes did make me laugh and I like how fucked in the head some of these girls are. The show could've been so much more with better visual flair I think.

5.5/10
Dec 29, 2020 3:00 AM

Feb 2014
This was easily my guilty pleasure this season (along with Strike Witches), and one that I enjoyed quite a bit.

Poor Roko had to endure a lot of humiliation from Cream Anmitsu and their king's game, but she was hugely successful in getting help for the concert at the neighbourhood festival. The overall performance with both idol groups together was pretty sweet, too. Hoho's skills at sniping some underwear shots and using them for more publicity for our girls is not to be underestimated! XD

Overall, this was a fun ride. Our idols, with all of them being a degenerate of some sort, did make for a funny premise and the jokes, despite slight repetitive usage at times, still remained funny. The visuals were colourful and the songs were good, especially the catchy ED song.

7/10 is my final score, although I couldn't care less that the score for this show (and half of my other Autumn watch list, admittedly, for other reasons) are on the low side. Dropout Idol Fruit Tart did a solid job in putting a smile on my face, while also satisfying a part of me who loves fanservice. That alone has my approval! =P
Dec 29, 2020 7:46 AM

Jul 2014
Honestly, I came into this show with fairly low expectations, but it proved to be more entertaining than I expected it to be. A lot more perverted as well; that was certainly not what I was expecting from an idol anime, even one taking a significantly less serious approach to the genre. It still wasn't anything groundbreaking by any stretch, but it made me laugh a few times every episode and I enjoyed the characters.

Not bad at all. 6/10
Dec 29, 2020 8:11 AM
Dec 2018
Excessive forced/unnecessary fanservice. 5/10
Dec 29, 2020 8:17 AM

Apr 2020
There was a time that I enjoyed this show. But unfortunately by the latter half, I gotten sour of this.

Well I guess they performed in their hometown, although their situation DID NOT CHANGE. Hoho is still a drunk loser, the girls are still the girls. And ayy the FANSERVICE WAS THAT WORTH IT, EH?

I was actually going to post this yesterday, but since ToG & Gleipnir took my whole day, I was already sleepy. My score is Cinco/Diez.
Dec 29, 2020 9:22 AM

Oct 2007
rewatched it again today. And I was still laughing so hard.

curry for profits.

and poor Roko-sempai cannot fool Tone-chan. lol

hoping it does well, so could see more of them. I would buy their cd again if there's a season 2. :)
Dec 29, 2020 12:59 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Very fun show, i will really miss it...
8/10.
Dec 30, 2020 12:39 AM

May 2016
It was an unique Idol anime with Great Amount of Fanservice, To be honest I've loved this anime because of the Fanservice for the most , but that doesn't mean it is a bad anime it was a great Anime in General, it has a very good story and Loveable Characters, and there wasn't enough Songs for an idol, but it's not a big deal
Hoping to get a second season soon
LoliSenpai0xDec 30, 2020 12:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2020 6:30 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well it looks like everything came together in the end. They’re moving on to the finals of the idol competition. Although, it still feels like this still has more story to tell despite being the last episode; especially with the tournament still going on.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series. There are so many idol shows that flood the industry, they usually need some kind of “hook” to set themselves apart from the crowd. For example, Zombieland Saga had the zombie hook. This however, really didn’t have anything that set itself apart from other idol shows. That’s not necessarily a detriment to the show. There’s a plethora of charm in this, couple that with the incredibly attractive art style, cutesy visuals, and slapstick comedy. But also, without any kind of hook, it made this show a very easy watch. If I had to pick a word, I would use vanilla. It was a vanilla idol show that I think would be a great starting point for new fans of anime to start with.

I’d also like to give credit that they did not stoop to using ugly and out of place CGI for dancing segments. They instead decided to opt for selective shots for animated dancing, while others were merely sliding pictures or cuts to different characters in the crowd. I found this to be much more tolerable than any CGI.

There are however some downsides, like how the story really didn’t go anywhere, or how this is littered with cringe “psuedo-yuri” jokes, which I personally believe are a cancer to the anime industry.

But in the end, I loved this a lot. I’m really hoping we do get to see more of Mouse House and their crazy antics. Perhaps the sequel can have a more focused story? While my overall score is a 7, my enjoyment was at least an 8 or 9. I sincerely hope we see more Dropout Idol Fruit Tart in the future.
Dec 31, 2020 2:10 AM

Jun 2017
Liddo-kun said:
rewatched it again today. And I was still laughing so hard.

curry for profits.

and poor Roko-sempai cannot fool Tone-chan. lol

hoping it does well, so could see more of them. I would buy their cd again if there's a season 2. :)

Jan 4, 2021 6:46 AM

May 2014
Really enjoyed how perverted these idols were unlike your typical idol anime. Was hoping for more songs by ochifuru tho.
Jan 7, 2021 3:48 PM

Jul 2017
Wow, and to think this is such a vulgar idol show, it has so much life to it. All the characters, are absolutely fantastic, you have no idea how attached i got to them! And so, their interactions were way more fun to witness, man i loved it! ROKOOOOOO! <3

This ended up being one of the most pleasant surprises of this Fall season. 8/10, solid!
Jan 14, 2021 5:54 PM

Feb 2014
Another example of: 'Dont judge an anime by its mean score'. That is the phrase that suits Fruits Tart most.

Very enjoyable idol anime.

Not your usual over melodramatic cliche idol anime.

And one of those rare animes that it is not afraid of going all out.

9/10
TechOtakuJan 14, 2021 10:12 PM
Jan 15, 2021 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Not much to say on this one, it was a good bit of fun. And fairly different from the idol anime I usually see.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 29, 2021 8:17 PM
Nov 2020
"Little girls save the world!" ~ Inocchi.

The ending might be lacking a bit, but still hoping that’s going to be another season!

Anyways, going to eat more broccolis now, gotta be healthy. uwu
Mar 25, 2021 4:50 AM

Oct 2007
Vi- said:

9/10

have to agree. Going all out is one of the things I liked on this. :)
Mar 25, 2021 4:50 AM

Oct 2007
Vi- said:

9/10

have to agree. Going all out is one of the things I liked on this. :)
Mar 28, 2021 5:26 PM

Mar 2016
The character designs are like the glue that holds everything together for this series. These are some of the cutest characters I've seen in a while (especially Roko), probably helped along by how 'un-cute' they act a lot of the time. But, unlike a lot of other recent moe shows, I also think it's genuinely funny. I'm glad I watched it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ochikobore Fruit Tart Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2020

39 by BBcharmy »»
Jan 16, 2:14 PM

» Warning ! ! ! !

Ghefira - Apr 4, 2023

5 by Lolicon »»
May 15, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Ochikobore Fruit Tart Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2020

32 by Havoren »»
Nov 16, 2022 8:23 PM

Poll: » Ochikobore Fruit Tart Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2020

37 by Havoren »»
Nov 13, 2022 7:28 PM

Poll: » Ochikobore Fruit Tart Episode 11 Discussion

Kaiseki - Dec 21, 2020

24 by Gendolfas »»
Jan 12, 2022 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.