Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2020 4:18 AM

Dec 2016
What just happened??!!!!!!!!!
*people and even heros lost faith
*Many deaths and AFO wants to escape the prison (A prison break arc next)!!!
+
Midnight !!!!!!!!!!
No no no tell me this isn't real she doesn't deserve to go like this💔😭
Dec 30, 2020 12:09 PM

Oct 2018
a little disapointed that only Midnight is dead in the top hero. The other are normal hero :/ It's sad for midnight but this arc could be more tragic if there had been 1 or 2 top hero dead with her
Dec 30, 2020 12:35 PM

Apr 2020
It's a bit weird how 16.929 were arrested when the heroes were so fucked up during this arc. I can't even see a place to put so many villains. Also, if I remember well some chapter told the army had 100.000 members or more. It was ever told how many heroes participated this operation?

About Midnight... whatever, the only good female character at BnHA is Mirko, and she's alive.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Dec 30, 2020 6:56 PM
Apr 2018
wait are you telling me re destro and geten lost!? lol, fucking how. also how were 16 thousand villains detained???? werent the heroes only a hundred+?? like how were there so few casualties on the heroes side??? unreasonable! WE ARE TALKING 16 THOUSAND VILLAINS! all with the intent to kill. like common now.
Dec 30, 2020 8:06 PM

Mar 2020
@AcD4c @OtakuFor002 the fight was between 100k normal villain's who either have weaker quirks or have no skill vs a few hundred pro heroes with either powerful quirks or with top skills so it was not a good matchup but heroes won but were also hurt in the process gravely, look at Edgeshot's arms, Cementoss is unconsciousness and Thirteen's helmet was also broken. For villain's they had to fight unexpectedly but Heroes came with a full strategy and better team ups and don't forget that the hero course students also helped in breaking through the villa. A pro hero can beat multiple normal villain's because they are trained well unlike the villain's even if they came with an intent to kill.
Dec 30, 2020 9:35 PM

Jun 2014
Someone I follow on social media mentioned before that his interest in MHA kinda fell off because of the fanbase. Reading through this thread.......um yeah, I get what he means lol.

Anyway, RIP Midnight. Seeing the repercussions of this battle was something I was really interested in. I'm curious to see if we'll get more deaths within the next couple chapters. I think so, I feel like Midnight won't be the only prominent death. I definitely think Gran Torino will die as well, probably succumbing to his injuries after one last conversation with All Might if I had to guess. I know people are disappointed that most of the deaths on the hero side are randoms we don't really know, but I think Hori may have just been trying to get those out of the way now so he can give a more significant hero a more meaningful sendoff later. I'm also really interested in how the Endeavor fallout will be handled after Dabi revealed the truth about him. And let's not forget the setup now with AFO's prison break. So much to look forward to but for now we'll just have to patiently wait and see.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 31, 2020 5:19 AM
Dec 2018
man i remember talking to one of my friends who said every chapter "just wait for it"
"it will come" "something meaningful like in marineford"
and i've told him i could see horikoshi doing that but i'm not sure if he has the balls to do it...
and he clearly hadn't
as said in jump festa MHA will end soon (even if MHA as a whole is only Part 1 of a bigger Hero story hori has in mind) it still needs to do something really impactful and it hasn't done it yet in my opinion.
there was some stuff that came close, but i think the majority would agree that none of MHA's arcs belong in that Marineford/ Chimera Ant /Enies Lobby/ Coalition/ Shogun assasination/ Farewell Shinsengumi Arc Tier
hell i would even put the current JJK Arc above MHA's finished war arc since it killed off someone *really* impactful in a great way.

man i'm just so sad that this war didn't even fulfill the low expectations i had for MHA
the only really good executed death was Twice and he's still a goat. But even then, if a death of a side character is executed so well that's not as impactful as having someone actually really important dying.

Can't wait for the shitstorm but yeah, this really hit a nerve. At least i feel verified by the MAL ratings since i remember the score was at 8.48 and now it's at 8.36, so i highly assume many individuals share my opinion and just have been disappointed overall
Jan 1, 2021 2:47 PM

Nov 2016
So Midnight really gone for good, damn

F for her, she was such a babe and a likeable character

Pretty dope arc overall and the conclusion to it does feel heavy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 1, 2021 4:51 PM

Sep 2013
This whole arc is a let down. Seems like it's only going to get even messier from here.

Edit: And why did they even get Mirio his powers back for this? He didn't really change anything, they could have just saved it for later.
RetoleeJan 3, 2021 12:41 AM
Jan 2, 2021 12:42 AM

Aug 2015
These could be the hidden users of One for All most likely

ElfezenJan 2, 2021 12:47 AM
Jan 3, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
Well the arc is over. I enjoyed it overall.

I anticipate a prison break arc, but I hope there's a mini arc in between now and then - to address Todoroki family drama, injuries, funerals, etc.

Midnight wasn't a favorite character of mine, but I did like her. With that said, I'm glad there were two relevant characters death (Twice, Midnight). Probably in the AFO vs. heroes next battle there will be more deaths on the hero side.
Jan 3, 2021 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
Nighteye had a better death than Midnight and he was a one-arc character. What a joke. But I guess Hori needed to kill someone relevant to the reader from the heroes side lmao.
Jan 3, 2021 9:22 AM
Nov 2009
Jan 3, 2021 9:54 AM
Mar 2019
I dunno about this stuff with AFO taking over Shigis body and all and Midnight being the biggest casualtie is goddamn lame.
Jan 3, 2021 10:33 AM

Jun 2013
Uraraka getting her deserved spotlight as her own person and hero, staying strong and doing her damnedest even when faced with all the desolation and chaos, was really nice to see, ngl.

Midnight being really gone and that panel with the kids' reactions was an arrow to the heart.

I'm still on the fence as to how exactly Horikoshi intends to handle the Endeavor fall-out. Snarky and entitled commentary from the general public was a given (in the midst of legitimate concerns), what I'm bracing for is how the family reactions and dynamics will play out.
Jan 3, 2021 11:10 AM

May 2018
The heroes win which means this arc is shit now 😎👍
Jan 3, 2021 2:14 PM

Mar 2010
Recently the storytelling has been quite all over the place. It has been quite hard for me to even care, but this chapter at least had a somewhat good conclusion: it finally happened. The AFO literally taking over and ordering Nomus to go and free him.

I was waiiting for this. Finally something to look forward to, i guess.

PS. Funny how after all this huge mess and casualties people still give a damn about Endeavor's family drama.
Jan 3, 2021 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
I can't blame that random hero for wanting to quit. This really is a devastating amount of destruction.

I didn't think this series would actually kill off one of the teachers. RIP Midnight.
Jan 3, 2021 7:51 PM

Oct 2017
RIP Midnight. Surprising low amount of deaths (in regards to characters we actually care about).

I honestly hope Gran Torino is gonna get the same treatment nighteye got where he dies in the hospital. It’s ridiculous in of itself that he’s still alive.
Jan 4, 2021 2:03 AM

Mar 2016
Why..... Midnight...... this was unfair. So, the hero society has fallen.....
Jan 4, 2021 11:52 AM
Mar 2015
They won but the peace is brutal to the heroes
Jan 6, 2021 5:11 AM

Jan 2011
Elfezen said:
These could be the hidden users of One for All most likely

Considering they were already dead, no, not likely.
Jan 9, 2021 5:32 AM

Jun 2017
The death of Midnight(or shall I call her Miss Dominatrix?lol) didn't have a huge impact on me as much as it did when Dabi revealed his true identity. Anyway, it's palpable that the villains are after Deku. So what are they going to do afterward? Surely after all these casualties they'd somehow monitor or have him guarded 24/7!
KoniginElleJan 14, 2021 1:37 AM

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 10, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2016
There were no deaths among the students because only 5 or 6 of them fighted in the main battle (Deku, Todoroki, Bakugo (I love him, but I wish he is injured and unable to use his powers for a LOT of time), Tokoyam, Denkii and the Shroom girl (the last 3 were taken away by Fat Gum), then the rest of the students almost die crushed by Giganto, but a hero saved them sacrificing himself (The second guy in the pannel of deaths).

The heroes lost a lot more of people than the showed ones, and if count the amount of civil deaths from the city then the number of looses is super high.

Then again, Midnight was somewhat an important and interesting character i Vigilantes, I really felt her death.

Trap_Traps_Traps said:
Considering I didn't expect any major name heroes to die the fact that 1 did at least is actually pretty impactful for the story. Most of this arc has been exactly as I expected from over a year ago. Mirio saving the day at the end after Eri gave him his quirk back, jeanist saving the day after being revealed to still be alive, deku unlocking new parts of his quirk at plot convenient times, Deku saying he wants to save Shigaraki, etc. But despite all that I actually quite like where this is going. It's great that Horikoshi is kickstarting the prison break arc immediately and not making the villains stand off now like many other series would have done. Not having a cooldown between arcs is something I loved about certain parts of One Piece and it's great to see Horikoshi doing that here. There's a lot of potential for some good times ahead in this series.

rip best girl, midnight was probably one of the most lowkey of the reappearing characters in this series but she was always fun on screen and had quite intimate relationships with big characters like all might, aizawa and class 1-a so this is going to be huge loss for them and also some extra fuel to make things personal against Shigaraki

Guess Nejire is the new best girl now >_<

Technically the guy that was at the Top 10 heroes and died, is a more important hero to the society, and after watching how Endeavor, Edgeshot and probably others with more rank than Midnight finished, the society won't give much importance to her death.

Although for us the spectators she was more important.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 25, 2021 9:19 AM
Jan 12, 2021 4:52 AM
Aug 2018
The only thing I see here is people who say this arc has been disappointing just because we did not had enough death...which speaks volumes.

Let's ignore all the amazing moments of the arc. If Hori killed another 5-6 big names, it would have been good? Just for that reason alone?
Jan 12, 2021 8:57 AM
Jan 2021
GreenNet said:
The only thing I see here is people who say this arc has been disappointing just because we did not had enough death...which speaks volumes.

Let's ignore all the amazing moments of the arc. If Hori killed another 5-6 big names, it would have been good? Just for that reason alone?

I don't see anyone ignoring the great moments this arc has had. It's even more of reason why they found the aftermath, the resulting part of everything that has happened, underwhelming.

The answer to your question had been explained to you already pretty thoroughly. I can't understand how you can't understand their opinion, and if you still can't understand why, then all I can suggest is that you ignore what they say as things to "agree to disagree" and just enjoy what you like instead of needlessly wondering about it. It'll only add more stress if keep questioning and expressing your disagreement about it frequently.
Jan 17, 2021 1:13 PM
Oct 2020
Damn bro midnight death hit harder that anohana ending bro my heart drop when I say her mask . I don’t think I can’t feel pain no more I jus feel numb
Darkskin_NhamarJan 17, 2021 1:18 PM
Jan 25, 2021 9:20 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Please keep the discussion civil and on topic.
Jan 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Thank god this mess of an arc is over
Feb 8, 2021 8:09 AM

May 2016
It looks like Midnight really did die, damn... I don't even want to think about how brutal her death really was considering how her last moments were spent being surrounded by bloodthirsty wretches. I wonder if more notable characters would be kicking the bucket from their injuries in the next few chapters as well, as much as I dread it.

Civility is on its last legs with all of the deaths, devastation, and distrust while their No.1 Hero's career is pretty much done for. All For One deciding to start his jailbreak now of all times is just overkill at this point.

Jul 13, 2021 2:33 AM

Mar 2021
Maan this is anticlimactic asf. The only important deaths were Twice and maaaybe Midnight, but even her death wasn’t all that meaningful. I mean, there sure are in-world consequences, but with the villains escaping, I don’t care all that much.

The arc was enjoyable while it lasted but it ended abruptly and in a disappointing way.

At least we are hopefully jumping straight into the next big arc

Oct 20, 2021 7:19 PM
Nov 2015
MomoSinX said:
At least someone died on the good guy side despite them mostly being scrubs. It's something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
what more do you want? It would be silly to kill off characters that have ongoing arcs.
Oct 20, 2021 7:20 PM
Nov 2015
Klad said:
Thank god this mess of an arc is over
how was this arc a mess?
Oct 20, 2021 7:22 PM
Nov 2015
KoniginElle said:
The death of Midnight(or shall I call her Miss Dominatrix?lol) didn't have a huge impact on me as much as it did when Dabi revealed his true identity. Anyway, it's palpable that the villains are after Deku. So what are they going to do afterward? Surely after all these casualties they'd somehow monitor or have him guarded 24/7!
well its not really meant to have that much of a impact as she is just a tertiary character that's like asking at the end of fullmetal alchemist brotherhood that the grandpa ninja guy and the dude with the bearclaw to have more significant or impactful deaths
Oct 20, 2021 7:28 PM
Nov 2015
Paul_Foreign said:
Maan this is anticlimactic asf. The only important deaths were Twice and maaaybe Midnight, but even her death wasn’t all that meaningful. I mean, there sure are in-world consequences, but with the villains escaping, I don’t care all that much.

The arc was enjoyable while it lasted but it ended abruptly and in a disappointing way.

At least we are hopefully jumping straight into the next big arc
how was her death not meaningful? It was as meaningful as you would expect from a tertiary character perhaps even more so. Plenty of stories that are beloved follow this pattern fullmetak alchemist, the lord of the rings, the hobbit why are different expectations being held for my hero academia for a tertiary character.
Oct 20, 2021 7:33 PM
Nov 2015
Bowman145 said:
RIP Midnight. Surprising low amount of deaths (in regards to characters we actually care about).

I honestly hope Gran Torino is gonna get the same treatment nighteye got where he dies in the hospital. It’s ridiculous in of itself that he’s still alive.
in other major battles in story arcs how many characters that "we actually care about die in the battle" like take a look at lord of the rings both in helms deep and condor only one character that we actually cared about or was given focus in the story died in them and the one in helms deep is debatable. Like seriously think of all the major battle arcs you've seen how many characters actually died in them.
Oct 20, 2021 7:39 PM
Nov 2015
MiniatureMe said:
GreenNet said:
Why people are so bloodlusted? I dont think the page of heroes dead aside midnight was meant to make you emotional. Just to make you understand that many heroes died in this fight.

Which is the problem that they are expressing about.
well its a stupid problem one that most people are hypocritical about, so many scared cows have major battles where minimal named characters died. Yet no one complains about those look at lord of the rings, atla, fmab I could go on.
Oct 20, 2021 7:42 PM
Nov 2015
Retolee said:
This whole arc is a let down. Seems like it's only going to get even messier from here.

Edit: And why did they even get Mirio his powers back for this? He didn't really change anything, they could have just saved it for later.
what are you on about? Mirio helped in the bakugo side of the battle, he did all he could have done once he got his quirk back and what more could he have done? You can't expect a singular person to turn the tides of an entire battle.
Oct 20, 2021 8:29 PM
Nov 2015
DruMzTV said:
man i remember talking to one of my friends who said every chapter "just wait for it"
"it will come" "something meaningful like in marineford"
and i've told him i could see horikoshi doing that but i'm not sure if he has the balls to do it...
and he clearly hadn't
as said in jump festa MHA will end soon (even if MHA as a whole is only Part 1 of a bigger Hero story hori has in mind) it still needs to do something really impactful and it hasn't done it yet in my opinion.
there was some stuff that came close, but i think the majority would agree that none of MHA's arcs belong in that Marineford/ Chimera Ant /Enies Lobby/ Coalition/ Shogun assasination/ Farewell Shinsengumi Arc Tier
hell i would even put the current JJK Arc above MHA's finished war arc since it killed off someone *really* impactful in a great way.

man i'm just so sad that this war didn't even fulfill the low expectations i had for MHA
the only really good executed death was Twice and he's still a goat. But even then, if a death of a side character is executed so well that's not as impactful as having someone actually really important dying.

Can't wait for the shitstorm but yeah, this really hit a nerve. At least i feel verified by the MAL ratings since i remember the score was at 8.48 and now it's at 8.36, so i highly assume many individuals share my opinion and just have been disappointed overall

First of all if you are talking about balls and killing off important characters Oda and one piece is the last person you should bring up. The only deaths of main characters oda has done is ace and white beard nobody else has died.

Secondly, your hinging enjoyment and disappointment with this arc heavily on named characters dying. Which is odd considering that ennies loddy is one your most favourite arcs?

Thirdly, yes mha doesn't have an arc that is better than the best arcs of those other series which isn't exactly criticism as most of the arcs in those series that you listed aren't better than them that's why they are the best of the best ( marineford is vastly overrated and I think this arc is as good if not better).

Fourthly, you say you had low expectations yet your main dig is that it isnt as good as some of those other arcs you listed which you and many others consider to be the best of the best. Also, the expectation of that a main character had to die is also unreasonable given that for the arcs above that doesn't happen, if you want to be technical about it sure ace, white beard and the chimera ants were main characters in those respective arcs but they were side characters in the story as whole in fact not even they one off characters for that arc alone. In the other arcs, no main character or important character dies as far as I can remember so the contention that he killed off a side character yet denied the possible emotion of killing off a main character keeps it away from being an arc in that same tier as the arcs you listed above not only doesn't seem like a low expectation but an unreasonable one. (Unless im misremebering cause I dont remember any major character deaths in gintama)

Fifthly, im sorry I know that people are entitled to feel whatever they want they want when it comes it art and what it can do for you, but the requirement that you need to kill off an important character during a bit of conflict in order to get a sense of emotional satisfaction from a story such that it is above a series that doesn't do this is the most simplistic and shallowest requirement one could have. I haven't read jjk arc yet but im guessing based on that you consider it better than most one piece arcs besides marineford.
Apr 6, 2022 9:51 PM

Feb 2021
Damn, just as I suspected, they have killed off Midnight... :(

A lot of the top pro heroes are dead (a ton of filler and small-time heroes are also dead)

At least the majority of the Paranormal Liberation front has been put behind bars.

The destruction caused by Gigantomachia's rampage is just too much. At this point, he should be executed by euthanasia or smth.

Okay, so AFO still needs his real body for some reason.

Aug 25, 2022 7:42 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Looks like Midnight is gone for good.

I enjoyed this arc.
Mar 26, 2023 11:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I don´t believe, Midnight fall, forever !!! :(

kekeke
Jul 20, 2023 10:49 AM

Jul 2016
Just now catching up to the manga.
I didn’t realize in the anime that the kids were the ones to find Midnight’s body and that breaks me, the poor babies.
I don’t think her death was useless at all, it made things more heavy for the majority of the students, because they weren’t on the frontlines.
Excluding the main ones that already have a lot of heavy stuff going on with them, the others more or less are always shielded from the more disturbing parts of being heroes. But now it’s right in their faces.
I agree that Midnight wasn’t an essential character and she didn’t have an arc or anything, her death was more for the development of other characters.
There is no way one of the kids would die at this point, this manga doesn’t really have that tone. I can’t say for sure and I’ve stayed away from spoilers, but my own prediction is that none of the kids will die and if they do, it will only be when it’s really close to the ending.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

50 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 14, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.