Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2011
i watched the PV, Milleniummon already? that thing is supposed to be universal level threat, time traveller, reality warper an other broken abilities, cant see how can they fight him without nerfing him by a lot
Dec 27, 2020 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
Sakarii said:
This, imho, highlights everything wrong with this reboot. And the responses above exactly why we can't have actual good anime.

1) Human on Digimon Problem: Sora and Taichi should literally not be alive after being burned or electrocuted. It's never addressed or even hinted at why they are able to shrug off attacks despite a bullshit explanation right there in their hands constantly. How hard is it for the kids to talk and conclude their digivices protect them?

2) Koushiro's "There's big trouble in our world!": Pretty much his entire character shtick. Almost every scene with him is basically a version of that line to the point it's gotten ridiculous. And I'm so sick of this show trying to artificially inject a sense of tension; it doesn't work. At all. It and "separate the kids" have become too overused and we're only just halfway through.

3) Digimon Can't Talk: We have an old character that talked just fine back in the day despite being a minor villain: Veggimon. Yet all it does here is squeak with personality. Villains barely being able to talk is seriously getting on my nerves because it's soooo cheap of them to not hear seiyuus or even have staff do simple lines.

4) Crests: Another bit that's simply never explained yet the audience is supposed to understand. Not only that, but it also tries to make them super important when they're literally just symbols that don't mean/represent anything, not to the audience nor to the characters.

5) Evolutions: It may seem like the evos are based on the Crests (whatever those are supposed to represent) but they're not, not really. And trying to import OG Adventure knowledge is a fool's errand because the entire buildup to WarGreymon wasn't Courage. It's Determination. Taichi has not ever been scared beyond that one scene with Hikari and the Crest certainly didn't light up when he continued on. WarGreymon wasn't earned! What made WarGreymon feel earned in OG (even those it took angel arrows) is that Taichi, once again, stands up in the face of being afraid and puts his trust in potentially dying to save everyone. (And no, this isn't replicated here because, as stated above, he's not afraid nor does he face death via digimon attack.)

That entire montage is meant to be emotional, but what emotions am I supposed to feel? Awed that some kid I know next to nothing about likes to fight monsters? Impressed? Excited? Why?

What weight do pretty visuals have when there's nothing worthwhile behind it to back it up?

Something isn't and shouldn't be hype just because it's pretty.

5) The fight: So when the plot wants it (Metal)Greymon can defeat enemies above its pay grade and can go toe-to-toe with its own level, but somehow Parrotmon can easily destroy MetalGreymon. Beyond being outright stupid, why even do this? It's obvious Parrotmon is meant to be nostalgia bait, but it feels more insulting than pandering. Then it evolves and acts very familiar in its rekting of MetalGreymon but is then easily rekt by WarGreymon? The power scale has always been BS, but this goes above and beyond.

Digimon Adventure: is the literal opposite of how Digimon Adventure was written.

This isn't a story, it's a toy showcase, through and through.

KANLen09 said:
I'd swear that Lopmon has a role up its sleeve, it can't be there for just appearances, right?

It's literally in the preview.

Can't agree more, this version is really lacking soul.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2020 5:46 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
pretty badass transformation from MetalGreymon to Wargreymon, considering no warp digivolution

always hated though how Wargreymon doesn't have a tail, also, was he always that big?

well it looks like Lopmon is actually gonna do something next episode, considering he's just been kawaii af and emotionless LMAO

Sakarii said:

1) Human on Digimon Problem: Sora and Taichi should literally not be alive after being burned or electrocuted. It's never addressed or even hinted at why they are able to shrug off attacks despite a bullshit explanation right there in their hands constantly. How hard is it for the kids to talk and conclude their digivices protect them?

2) Koushiro's "There's big trouble in our world!": Pretty much his entire character shtick. Almost every scene with him is basically a version of that line to the point it's gotten ridiculous. And I'm so sick of this show trying to artificially inject a sense of tension; it doesn't work. At all. It and "separate the kids" have become too overused and we're only just halfway through.

3) Digimon Can't Talk: We have an old character that talked just fine back in the day despite being a minor villain: Veggimon. Yet all it does here is squeak with personality. Villains barely being able to talk is seriously getting on my nerves because it's soooo cheap of them to not hear seiyuus or even have staff do simple lines.

4) Crests: Another bit that's simply never explained yet the audience is supposed to understand. Not only that, but it also tries to make them super important when they're literally just symbols that don't mean/represent anything, not to the audience nor to the characters.

5) Evolutions: It may seem like the evos are based on the Crests (whatever those are supposed to represent) but they're not, not really. And trying to import OG Adventure knowledge is a fool's errand because the entire buildup to WarGreymon wasn't Courage. It's Determination. Taichi has not ever been scared beyond that one scene with Hikari and the Crest certainly didn't light up when he continued on. WarGreymon wasn't earned! What made WarGreymon feel earned in OG (even those it took angel arrows) is that Taichi, once again, stands up in the face of being afraid and puts his trust in potentially dying to save everyone. (And no, this isn't replicated here because, as stated above, he's not afraid nor does he face death via digimon attack.)

That entire montage is meant to be emotional, but what emotions am I supposed to feel? Awed that some kid I know next to nothing about likes to fight monsters? Impressed? Excited? Why?

What weight do pretty visuals have when there's nothing worthwhile behind it to back it up?

5) The fight: So when the plot wants it (Metal)Greymon can defeat enemies above its pay grade and can go toe-to-toe with its own level, but somehow Parrotmon can easily destroy MetalGreymon. Beyond being outright stupid, why even do this? It's obvious Parrotmon is meant to be nostalgia bait, but it feels more insulting than pandering. Then it evolves and acts very familiar in its rekting of MetalGreymon but is then easily rekt by WarGreymon? The power scale has always been BS, but this goes above and beyond.

Digimon Adventure: is the literal opposite of how Digimon Adventure was written.

KANLen09 said:
I'd swear that Lopmon has a role up its sleeve, it can't be there for just appearances, right?

It's literally in the preview.

LMAO as a late 80s kid who grew up with the original Digimon, which was my favorite anime back then, i can say i completely understand, however the "WTF are they even going for?" factor of this alternate version actually i find intriguing

one of my friends told me they're going for a Tai more like in the original manga, who was a bit of a lone warrior and figured shit out on his own, which is obviously far different than the "power of friendship" stuff from the original anime

EcchiGodMamsterDec 27, 2020 5:55 PM
Dec 27, 2020 5:55 PM

May 2008
Skyguardian said:
Dear Nostalgia-Adventure watchers.

Just drop it if you don't like it. Go away, you are kinda annoying us with your constant bitching.

Bye.

Bye! See you next week, hunny!

EcchiGodMamster said:
LMAO as a late 80s kid who grew up with the original Digimon, which was my favorite anime back then, i can say i completely understand, however the "WTF are they even going for?" factor of this alternate version actually i find intriguing

one of my friends told me they're going for a Tai more like in the original manga, who was a bit of a lone warrior and figured shit out on his own, which is obviously far different than the "power of friendship" stuff from the original anime

tbqh, I have the same question. It's what keeps me watching; I gotta see where everything goes. As for the V-Tamer-like (I think?) Taichi, it'd be totally plausible if not Omegamon in the beginning and the show giving Yamato almost equal treatment. It does make me curious if we're gonna get extra Yamato eps to make up the balance or not.

I'd actually be okay with that kind of Taichi since I heard he's a bit of a badass.
SakariiDec 27, 2020 6:03 PM
Dec 27, 2020 6:15 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Sakarii said:
Skyguardian said:
Dear Nostalgia-Adventure watchers.

Just drop it if you don't like it. Go away, you are kinda annoying us with your constant bitching.

Bye.

Bye! See you next week, hunny!

EcchiGodMamster said:

tbqh, I have the same question. It's what keeps me watching; I gotta see where everything goes. As for the V-Tamer-like (I think?) Taichi, it'd be totally plausible if not Omegamon in the beginning and the show giving Yamato almost equal treatment. It does make me curious if we're gonna get extra Yamato eps to make up the balance or not.

I'd actually be okay with that kind of Taichi since I heard he's a bit of a badass.

yea its kinda weird they did Omnimon so early then didn't build on their friendship or even rivalry

its more like theyre just there to help eachother when in need, but not really close... i mean, Yamato was in the Digiworld even before Taichi and even that was kinda disregarded

and ofc, Greymon and Garurumon were clearly good friends beforehand, they even joke with eachother, but that hasn't really been looked at... yea i know they were all friends before

im still waiting for the plot twist where these are the same digimon but after Last Evolution Kizuna with either reincarnated children OR an alternate universe in the future

as far as Digimon like Veggimon not talking, well shit, if anything that was kawaii af.. and i mean, there were instances in the original, like the first Kawagamon who didn't talk

Lopmon still cutest digimon ever though, i wonder if its a boy or girl in this one
Dec 27, 2020 8:39 PM
Feb 2020
Did we have to flash to Koshiro talking about the satellites?
That isn't even a threat as it's literally to small to reach Earth for the most part and what does will probably be smaller than your fist
Dec 28, 2020 1:05 AM

Jul 2013
...Really? We're seriously gonna waste the first mega evolution on this random fight? This is dumb even by this reboot's standard.

What's the point of the ghost Wargreymon if it isn't gonna lead into any key to unlock the actual Wargreymon? Why didn't they just introduce him during the Devimon fight? There's literally no reason to delay it from the writing perspective.
Dec 28, 2020 8:20 AM
Oct 2019
I really hate Taichi always on top of Greymon... Wtf you doing there... He should be dead already...
This is so dumb...

They really gonna use WarGreymon on this random boss battle??? Lol
The transformation Animation is good...

They show us the Crest, but didn't explained what it means unlike in the OG, where every Crest has a meaning behind it...

What is the weight behind this Transformation??? I can't feel any emotional at all... ( Ohh I don't want to lose) lol

The writing skill are so mediocre... Please stop butchering Digimon...
Dec 28, 2020 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
[quote=Sakarii message=61514078]This, imho, highlights everything wrong with this reboot. And the responses above exactly why we can't have actual good anime.

Sakarii said:
This, imho, highlights everything wrong with this reboot. And the responses above exactly why we can't have actual good anime.

Wow you just explained everything that i wanted to say... Thank you...
Dec 28, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 2014
Sakarii said:

If you haven't read the manga I really recommend it, it was great!
Dec 28, 2020 5:09 PM

May 2012
So Wargreymon has finally been properly introduced. Except the difference is, instead of evolving from Agumon in the original version who was a Child Level Digimon, now evolves from Metalgreymon who is a Perfect Level Digimon. This means they need to evolve from Child to Adult to Perfect before reaching Ultimate Level. I wonder if this is going to be tedious in future fights lol. Still, the music for Ultimate Evolution was nice, even though I kinda like "X-treme Fight" more for Perfect Level evolutions. The animation for Wargreymon was great. Now just waiting for the other 7 Digimons to have their Ultimate Evolutions.
Dec 28, 2020 8:14 PM

Sep 2011
Man this show is really bipolar. It honestly drags most of the time but it knows exactly when to drip feed me the good stuff. Like that Wargreymon evolution and the Gaia Force were near perfect. And then the preview has Reapermon and flippin MILLENIUMMON. Like holy cow I really want to know where this is going now.
Dec 28, 2020 9:38 PM

Jan 2020
Very interesting episode, finally Wargreymon shows up. The beginning of this anime was slow and very boring ngl, but since the battle against Devimon the show is taking a very good direction talking about epicness. The scriptwriting might not be good, but I'm willing to watch more of this show if things stay at this level (or become better), it's entertaining.
Dec 29, 2020 8:57 PM
Nov 2015
BliuTiger said:
I have never once felt the main characters were in any sort of danger during the entirety of this series. How could I?
Just random meaningless bullshit powerup after powerup.
Incompetent enemies with no personality.
Kids don't take virtually any damage from direct hits with lightning bolts and fire.
Power scaling is literally up to the writers' whim at any given moment.

This is trash. Am I supposed to care because WarGreymon looks pretty? Things were never this easy in the original. It wasn't perfect but there was still at least meaning behind evolutions beyond Adult level, or at least a semblance of an honest attempt behind certain ones.

I agree on everything, and is not nostalgia factor cuz i re watched the show like 2 years ahí and i still find it with cohesive plot, good character develpment and good narrativa

This one is just a Big Showcase for selling tots, they don't Even WORRY of giving the kids actually dialogue of a sense of adventure, they just fight NON STOP for what ? They don't sleep, there is no sense of days pasing by, no fear no emotions + the kids get hit by attacks and they are like no Big deal
Dec 30, 2020 4:06 AM

Apr 2015
The only good visual part of this episode was the Wargreymon stock animation, I don't know where people were looking at most of the episode O.o

Also, Taichi tooking a Genki Dama in the face and just standing up and running with the "power of determination"... what was that again?
ShadowUnownDec 30, 2020 4:09 AM
Dec 30, 2020 6:32 AM

Jan 2009
just has to say! Wargreymon <3 <3
loe it so much, best treat for end of the year :)
Dec 30, 2020 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
new transformation of MetalGreymon I really liked hypeee next episode
Jan 3, 2021 6:05 AM

Sep 2013
Goddamn this was great, might be the most hype ep of 2020
Jan 3, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2008
AGUMON.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP SHIIIIIIIINNKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 4, 2021 1:56 AM

Jun 2014
Anyone knows why there was no episode on January 3rd?
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jan 4, 2021 4:51 AM

Jul 2016
SailorVeki said:
Because of new year holidays.
Jan 4, 2021 7:55 AM

Apr 2020
SailorVeki said:

You will find there were no updates on the animes airing now last weak.

Jan 5, 2021 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
SailorVeki said:
Because of new year holidays.
I see, thank you. Waiting for next sunday then.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jan 19, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2021
Everyone fearing for their lives and Lopmon's just (●ᴥ●)

What's up with the lil Vegimon controlling all those Allomons lol (ToT)

WarGreymon finally appeared after they teased it several times. The evolution was cool as fuck but honestly they should've just made him appear officially in that Devimon fight and not some random scuffle like this. Parrotmon was clearly a nod to the first movie.

And Taichi and Yamato's the only ones getting these sick evolutions too (ToT). None for the rest of the cast. This is so sad.

Milleniummon next episode already?

ALSO HOLD ON, WHY IS WARGREYMON SO FUCKING HUGE LMFAO
Hound-of-MALJan 19, 2021 8:01 AM
Feb 11, 2022 4:04 AM

Feb 2020
WarGreymon's transformation was pretty cool. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.