Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 27, 2020 3:15 AM

Oct 2007
grandstorm said:

the problem of the forecast says it's sunny but has rain maybe because Shizuku sings the "rain song". lol.

Shizu is not pleased! :<

lol
Liddo-kunDec 27, 2020 5:44 AM
Dec 27, 2020 6:59 AM
Oct 2020
The last episode is so good i like it
Dec 27, 2020 7:21 AM

Dec 2011
I am so torn apart right now.

On the one hand, I really enjoyed the series.
...until episode 12 happened.

Then, I really liked the concept of the girls being separate performers with their own ideas for their shows.
...until it grew boring after hearing "they are so different after all" kind of stuff for the 20th time.

Because of it I was also uncertain if they would perform together at all, which luckily happened in ep. 13 when they finally found something they feel the same about. It was a nice song, too.

Other than that, the art improved in my opinion, especially CGI - it made a huge leap compared to the very first LL! season with μ's. It doesn't really stand out when shown near 2d characters. That's a plus for sure.

The songs were a bop as well, at least to some extent, but it depends on individual taste. As for me, I absolutely love Rina's performance - it is the cutest shit I've seen this year ♥

Until the superfluous and absolutely trash yandere Ayumu started her stupid shenanigans, the series was very entertaining and was just as I expect Love Live to be - a light-hearted, adorable, and fun to watch anime, and I would have given the series easily a higher score than any other Love Live-related show, but because of the forced drama and romanticized toxic behavior I had to lower it a notch.

But the series was very nice overall, so 8/10 should suffice. It was better than the predecessords in many aspects.
Dec 27, 2020 5:23 PM
Jul 2015
Kimurah said:
People complained that it was kind of cheap that LL Sunshine recycled the same idea the original Love Live had about saving the school. Now look at Nijigasaki Gakuen, making something completely different does not equal to a better final product.

On Paper the whole "single" idols was kinda ok, but in reality, Love Live and most Idol shows rely on the unity of it's cast during the big performances. I personally didn't like the whole idea of making Yuu as a sort of protagonist or orchestra maestro that manages each and all the girls in the group. The OP was a blatant lie showing all 10 girls in the same stage wearing the same uniform and dancing in unison.

I know Covid hit all kinds of enterprises really hard all over the world, but I think it would had been wise to postpone the finale for a whole month and allow the 2D & 3D animators some room to catch up with their workload and produce something more polished for the finale in terms of animation. This much use on just panning shots even during the big moment isn't the staple of the Love Live franchise.

Quite frankly I hope this new iteration just stops here and if there are any plans for a movie, just save all those resources for the next Love Live iteration that goes back to the original formula.

Nah, Nijigasaki is leaps and bounds better than the previous two schools because of the ways that it's different. Every episode of this anime was interesting while muse and aquors had several that were boring to me.

If Nijigasaki has come first I'd probably be a super love live fan instead of just thinking it was ok and being very pleasantly surprised with this season.
Dec 27, 2020 5:43 PM

Oct 2019
Boring, all characters looked like cheap copies of the U'S, i was happy to see a new Love Live anime, but it end up been a dissapointment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2020 4:35 AM
Oct 2016
And it's over. It certainly was a good show. Better than Sunshine in my book, but it can't top off School Idol Project as that had such an impact on me.
Dec 28, 2020 12:04 PM

Dec 2016
YoshiYogurt said:
Kimurah said:
People complained that it was kind of cheap that LL Sunshine recycled the same idea the original Love Live had about saving the school. Now look at Nijigasaki Gakuen, making something completely different does not equal to a better final product.

On Paper the whole "single" idols was kinda ok, but in reality, Love Live and most Idol shows rely on the unity of it's cast during the big performances. I personally didn't like the whole idea of making Yuu as a sort of protagonist or orchestra maestro that manages each and all the girls in the group. The OP was a blatant lie showing all 10 girls in the same stage wearing the same uniform and dancing in unison.

I know Covid hit all kinds of enterprises really hard all over the world, but I think it would had been wise to postpone the finale for a whole month and allow the 2D & 3D animators some room to catch up with their workload and produce something more polished for the finale in terms of animation. This much use on just panning shots even during the big moment isn't the staple of the Love Live franchise.

Quite frankly I hope this new iteration just stops here and if there are any plans for a movie, just save all those resources for the next Love Live iteration that goes back to the original formula.

Nah, Nijigasaki is leaps and bounds better than the previous two schools because of the ways that it's different. Every episode of this anime was interesting while muse and aquors had several that were boring to me.

If Nijigasaki has come first I'd probably be a super love live fan instead of just thinking it was ok and being very pleasantly surprised with this season.

Better in what department?

Animation? Nope

Songs? Nope

Comedy? Nope

Character arcs? Nope

Side characters/Rivals? Nope

Overarching Plot? Nope

Story plot twists? Nope

You claim that Muse & Aquors had episodes that were boring to you? I'm sorry but that doesn't make them worse than Nijigasaki that was pretty barebones in all subjects. Nijigasaki feels like a better version of 22/7 with characters having just one episode each to tell their story, but it's still a very underwhelming product compared to previous Love Live Series. Overall and specially the last episode feels like a big advertising just for the SIF. School Idol Project & Sunshine on the other hand had identity, specially Sunshine that expanded the story of School Idol Project.

Like I stated before, different does not equal to being better if there isn't something tangible superior in it's characteristics. It's just that, different.
KimurahDec 28, 2020 12:18 PM
Dec 28, 2020 12:14 PM
Jul 2015
Kimurah said:
YoshiYogurt said:

Animation? Nope

Songs? Nope

Comedy? Nope

Character arcs? Nope

Overarching Plot? Nope

Story plot twists? Nope

You claim that Muse & Aquors had episodes that were boring to you? I'm sorry but that doesn't make them worse than Nijigasaki that was pretty barebones in all subjects. Nijigasaki feels like a better version of 22/7 with characters having just one episode each to tell their story, but it's still a very underwhelming product compared to previous Love Live Series.

Like I stated before, different does not equal to being better if there isn't something tangible superior in it's characteristics. It's just that, different.

Hard to take you seriously if all you can say is nope. You sound like a pokemon genwunner.

The animation is significantly better than the very first season of love live.
Dec 28, 2020 12:22 PM

Dec 2016
YoshiYogurt said:
Kimurah said:

Animation? Nope

Songs? Nope

Comedy? Nope

Character arcs? Nope

Overarching Plot? Nope

Story plot twists? Nope

You claim that Muse & Aquors had episodes that were boring to you? I'm sorry but that doesn't make them worse than Nijigasaki that was pretty barebones in all subjects. Nijigasaki feels like a better version of 22/7 with characters having just one episode each to tell their story, but it's still a very underwhelming product compared to previous Love Live Series.

Hard to take you seriously if all you can say is nope. You sound like a pokemon genwunner.

The actual "animation" in the original Love Live is better because it's actually "animated" even if it's in the early stages of 3DCG during the concerts (not to mention is more complex to animate several characters on stage than just one character per stage). Nijigasaki shoved in tons of just panning shots in the finale along in other arcs as montages. You can't even tell the difference between animation and artstyle.

I don't give 2 Fs, believe me, it's not going to keep me awake knowing that some random guy who can't even make a compelling retort doesn't take me seriously.
KimurahDec 28, 2020 12:29 PM
Dec 28, 2020 12:38 PM
Jul 2015
Kimurah said:
YoshiYogurt said:

The actual "animation" in the original Love Live is better because it's actually "animated" even if it's in the early stages of 3DCG during the concerts (not to mention is more complex to animate several characters on stage than just one character per stage). Nijigasaki shoved in tons of just panning shots in the finale along in other arcs as montages. You can't even tell the difference between animation and artstyle.

I don't give 2 Fs, believe me, it's not going to keep me awake knowing that some random guy who can't even make a compelling retort doesn't take me seriously.

lol now you're just making excuses for why it looked like crap.

You have failed to make any compelling retorts yourself outside of "nope."
Dec 28, 2020 12:59 PM

Dec 2016
YoshiYogurt said:
Kimurah said:

You're not giving any actual defense/argument to your original babling. You're not even trying to debunk what I stated in my list of characteristics. Your only argument that you felt bored in some episodes in the original LL is just a weak subjective excuse.

The previous installments had heart in the story saving both schools, having the uncertainty of getting accepted by the audience in their early stages, working their asses off training and building stamina along with group coordination for the live perfoemances. Nijigasaki has nothing of it because there's no end goal, it's just build an idol club for fun (wich isn't bad, but it's not remarkable in comparisson to previous series). There are no plottwists in Nijigasaki because there's no storyline.

There are no remarkable rivals or side characters in Nijigasaki because again, there's no room for characterization of side characters. Sunshine had Saint Snow that had their very own side story that made them feel like protagonists. Original Love Live had A-Rise that also gave the group a bar to be surpassed by the original cast.

The comedy is among the most noticeable downgrade in Nijigasaki, the only characters that had some funny gimmick or fun routine were Kasumi & pretty much it, the rest of the girls just acted the Tsukomi part for her Boke. Sunshine had surplus of gags with Yoshiko playing her chuuni antics, Riko and her fear of dogs along with her tsundere stance, Mari and her engrish along with also playing dumb and waiting for a retort, Chika & Hanamaru were pretty much walking memes, and it would be pretty lenghty to describe all her antics.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeJan 18, 2021 6:02 PM
Dec 28, 2020 1:25 PM

Jul 2014
This iteration of Love Live was probably the most frustrating of them all, and I say this as someone never fully enamoured with the franchise and someone who's had his fair share of issues with each iteration: OG had a few teething problems as the first entry of the franchise, not least some of the worst melodrama I've ever seen at the end of season 1; Sunshine spent too long in Muse's shadow (even if doing so did serve a thematic purpose) and relied too much on turning the characters into memes over giving them actual personalities.

With a move away from the same group structure as the first two iterations of Love Live, I was optimistic for something different from Nijigaku. As it turns out, however, different doesn't necessarily equal better. There's many problems I have with Nijigaku overall, but the biggest of them all is that the cast are all so dull besides Kasumeme (and, as entertaining as she is, that's just the Sunshine problem all over again) and they all just feel like rejected character concepts that were considered for Muse and Aquours. I've never been too fond of Love Live's characters in general, but this is definitely the weakest group of the bunch (I also liked Karin and Ai to a degree, but nowhere near as much as my favourites from Muse or Aquours).

The show's structural decision to give each character one episode to shine, only to then fade into the background for the rest of the show, proved to be a big problem on a weekly watch when the personalities and character arcs are so thin and bland to begin with; maybe watching it all in one sitting would offset that problem to a degree and make the characters more memorable, but I'm not too convinced.

Then there's what they did for the final four episodes. The Ayumu drama comes out of nowhere for a character who lacked any presence after her focal episode at the very start of the show, not least because there is a sum total of zero foreshadowing for it. Not only that, it essentially serves to function as padding to get a cour of content while also being yet more pointless yuri baiting that is obviously never going to go anywhere because romance for idols is apparently a big no-no.

However, in terms of the music, this was my favourite iteration of Love Live by virtue of the fact that the songs are actually even remotely memorable rather than just being generic, samey JPop like almost every Muse and Aquours song in the anime; from OG and Sunshine, the only two songs which were even vaguely memorable were Snow Halation and Believe Again. By contrast, Nijigaku's focus on solo idols over a group of idols gives the songs and performances so much more personality than they've ever had, fitting each character's unique style perfectly and almost always standing out from the rest. Still nowhere near as memorable as Bandori music, mind you, but a definite improvement.

Also, the choice to treat the musical performances as MVs makes them much more dynamic than simply confining the characters to the stage, and Love Live's trademark CG animation for these scenes is even better than it's ever been before here.

Overall, though there are some positives, this is definitely my least favourite animated part of the Love Live franchise so far, besides both movies (which are at best superfluous and worst downright insulting to the story beats of the main show).

6/10, a point gained for the technical and musical merits and for the power of Kasumeme.

Character rankings:

Kasumeme >>>>> Ai > Karin >>>>> Setsuna > Kanata > Rina > Emma > Shizuku >>>>>>>>>> Ayumu (Though honestly, anything below Karin is irrelevant as I barely remember their names. Except Ayumu. Fuck Ayumu)
AtavisticDec 28, 2020 1:34 PM
Dec 28, 2020 1:55 PM
Jul 2015
Kimurah said:
YoshiYogurt said:

You're not giving any actual defense/argument to your original babling. You're not even trying to debunk what I stated in my list of characteristics. Your only argument that you felt bored in some episodes in the original LL is just a weak subjective excuse.

The previous installments had heart in the story saving both schools, having the uncertainty of getting accepted by the audience in their early stages, working their asses off training and building stamina along with group coordination for the live perfoemances. Nijigasaki has nothing of it because there's no end goal, it's just build an idol club for fun (wich isn't bad, but it's not remarkable in comparisson to previous series). There are no plottwists in Nijigasaki because there's no storyline.

There are no remarkable rivals or side characters in Nijigasaki because again, there's no room for characterization of side characters. Sunshine had Saint Snow that had their very own side story that made them feel like protagonists. Original Love Live had A-Rise that also gave the group a bar to be surpassed by the original cast.

The comedy is among the most noticeable downgrade in Nijigasaki, the only characters that had some funny gimmick or fun routine were Kasumi & pretty much it, the rest of the girls just acted the Tsukomi part for her Boke. Sunshine had surplus of gags with Yoshiko playing her chuuni antics, Riko and her fear of dogs along with her tsundere stance, Mari and her engrish along with also playing dumb and waiting for a retort, Chika & Hanamaru were pretty much walking memes, and it would be pretty lenghty to describe all her antics.

Working towards the same goal of saving the school doesn't make the show entertaining just because there is a ridiculous end goal, and neither do the characters having more antics or personally traits. The first cour of each is a slog to get through. Saint snow is the one thing that kept parts of sunshine mildly entertaining.

I didn't call the choreographs crap, I said the early animation it looks like crap, which it does.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeJan 18, 2021 6:03 PM
Dec 28, 2020 2:26 PM

Jul 2012
I thought this was a good anime, but not a great LL anime. I hope this gets a season 2, because I think it was pretty strong, but the characters need a bit more development. I always thought LL worked better when they all had to work together.

I do think the production value was much better, but aside from Ayumu and Yu, I didn't think the character dynamics were that great, and to me, that is the best part of LL.

To be fair, the theme to this series was originality, but for some reason, it doesn't click as well to me in comparison to the other two series. I still liked it, but not as much as the other two.

A bit torn on what to score this. I am a HUGE LL fan (traveled across the country to see Aqours and Guilty Kiss perform), so my bias wants to give this an 8/10, but part of me feels like it might only be worth a 7/10.

Episodes 1, 11 and 12 were probably the best. This finale just flew by. I was kind of hoping they'd sing their first single or the OP to finish it up, but if they do that with season 2 I'll appreciate it even more.

I have to think about this. But I really hope to get a season 2, since I really like Yu and Setsuna.
Dec 28, 2020 8:33 PM

Oct 2015
HalRyder said:
Plot wise, it is easily the weakest of the 3 Love Live projects, as this takes on a more SoL side, as compared to the plot heavy previous 2 projects.

Not sure I like this as much as, LL season 2 or LLS season 1, but still a solid idol anime all the same. 7/10

Compare to the other two, this one had a more refreshing characters and storyline. At least it’s not a plot heavy trying to save their school again.
Dec 29, 2020 4:03 AM
Jul 2008
One thing that separates Love Live from other idol animes was the girls made their own songs and costumes.

Now the songs and costumes appear magically from nowhere, without any explanation.

LoveLive now magic anime?
Dec 29, 2020 4:39 AM

Jun 2015
LeonLanford said:
One thing that separates Love Live from other idol animes was the girls made their own songs and costumes.

Now the songs and costumes appear magically from nowhere, without any explanation.

Nah. They had their costumes made by volunteer students from other clubs.
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Dec 29, 2020 3:50 PM
Jul 2008
Mugipyon said:
LeonLanford said:

When it was mentioned the costume made by volunteers? Who were those volunteers? It was never mentioned, they could just bought the costumes from a shop.

The song where did it came from? And suddenly they can sing perfectly without practice.
Dec 30, 2020 10:52 PM

Jun 2015
LeonLanford said:
Mugipyon said:

When it was mentioned the costume made by volunteers? Who were those volunteers? It was never mentioned, they could just bought the costumes from a shop.

The song where did it came from? And suddenly they can sing perfectly without practice.
Did we even watch the same anime? It was already mentioned about the costumes since the fifth ep, aka Emma's episode. The costumes are made by the Costumes and Accessories club. Some proofs: they made a trip to that club to try on costumes before Karin finally picked the perfect choice for Emma. Kanata designed her own. Shizuku's was made in tandem for her drama club role. Karin's was probably made the same way as Emma's (by help of Costumes and Accessories department, since it was Karin who has friends on that club in the first place). They had support from most of their friends or classmates who's on other clubs.

About the songs? Other than Rina who made her own (proof in ep 6), I think it's not a stretch to think that their songs were made with the help of Nijigasaki's music department students. Setsuna's already famous, she probably already has frequent helpers. Hinted too by the last couple episodes, each of them had their own helpers, including sets and venue preparation team.

To be honest, Nijigasaki's production is more believable than μ's and Aqours, because eventhough all LL gens mentioned they're being helped by other students, Otonokizaka and Uranohoshi are on the brink of being closed while Nijigasaki has 3000+ students and 100+ clubs. Plus Nijigasaki is mentioned as a school focusing on their students individual talents and takes pride on their diverse extracurricular activities. They're definitely big on human resources. Definitely more believable than Kotori and You making extravagant 9 frikkin costumes by themselves, or Maki and Riko making songs only with the help of a piano.

Perfectly without practices?? Lol the amount and intensity of practices shown between all 3 gens are basically the same. If you wanna complain about that, you must complain for μ's and Aqours too.
MugipyonDec 30, 2020 10:59 PM

Dec 31, 2020 3:43 AM
Jul 2008
Mugipyon said:
LeonLanford said:

Did we even watch the same anime? It was already mentioned about the costumes since the fifth ep, aka Emma's episode. The costumes are made by the Costumes and Accessories club. Some proofs: they made a trip to that club to try on costumes before Karin finally picked the perfect choice for Emma. Kanata designed her own. Shizuku's was made in tandem for her drama club role. Karin's was probably made the same way as Emma's (by help of Costumes and Accessories department, since it was Karin who has friends on that club in the first place). They had support from most of their friends or classmates who's on other clubs.

About the songs? Other than Rina who made her own (proof in ep 6), I think it's not a stretch to think that their songs were made with the help of Nijigasaki's music department students. Setsuna's already famous, she probably already has frequent helpers. Hinted too by the last couple episodes, each of them had their own helpers, including sets and venue preparation team.

To be honest, Nijigasaki's production is more believable than μ's and Aqours, because eventhough all LL gens mentioned they're being helped by other students, Otonokizaka and Uranohoshi are on the brink of being closed while Nijigasaki has 3000+ students and 100+ clubs. Plus Nijigasaki is mentioned as a school focusing on their students individual talents and takes pride on their diverse extracurricular activities. They're definitely big on human resources. Definitely more believable than Kotori and You making extravagant 9 frikkin costumes by themselves, or Maki and Riko making songs only with the help of a piano.

Perfectly without practices?? Lol the amount and intensity of practices shown between all 3 gens are basically the same. If you wanna complain about that, you must complain for μ's and Aqours too.

Oh I missed about the costumes. I only remembered they going to the shopping mall to choose costume.

The songs of course not made by the music department students. Everyone already sang their own song, even Ayumu on the first episode.

They were only doing basic practice, no singing practice at all, the intensity of course not same at all. They can also do the final song together perfectly without practice. Did you remember how hard for the girls to sync moves without practice?

And you're now complaining about μ's and Aqours? I wonder if we're even discussing about the same franchise. LoveLive showed how hard the process of the girls striving to be idols.
And now on the third anime, all of those were discarded.

I don't want to debate anything. Iif you like the new LoveLive and think that the previous installments were nonsense, I wonder what made you like about LoveLive.

ps: All the performances were also delusion except in final episode. They changed costume, sing, and changed back, magically.
Dec 31, 2020 9:53 PM

Oct 2007
LeonLanford said:

ps: All the performances were also delusion except in final episode. They changed costume, sing, and changed back, magically.

don't really want to join in this, but I'm certain Shizuku's stage performance is not a delusion. It's a stage play, the costume she used to sing and dance is the costume used in the stage play. Shizuku is still wearing the costume when being interviewed after the play.
Liddo-kunDec 31, 2020 10:09 PM
Jan 1, 2021 3:29 AM
Jul 2008
Liddo-kun said:
LeonLanford said:

don't really want to join in this, but I'm certain Shizuku's stage performance is not a delusion. It's a stage play, the costume she used to sing and dance is the costume used in the stage play. Shizuku is still wearing the costume when being interviewed after the play.

Sorry I forgot to add 'almost', almost all the performances.

Don't mind me. I'm just sad the current LoveLive is just generic idol anime.
Even in training camp they were only playing tag and playing in the pool, somehow they got all the things the previous generations achieved without effort.
Jan 2, 2021 1:52 AM

Jun 2015
LeonLanford said:
Mugipyon said:

Oh I missed about the costumes. I only remembered they going to the shopping mall to choose costume.

The songs of course not made by the music department students. Everyone already sang their own song, even Ayumu on the first episode.

They were only doing basic practice, no singing practice at all, the intensity of course not same at all. They can also do the final song together perfectly without practice. Did you remember how hard for the girls to sync moves without practice?

And you're now complaining about μ's and Aqours? I wonder if we're even discussing about the same franchise. LoveLive showed how hard the process of the girls striving to be idols.

I don't want to debate anything. Iif you like the new LoveLive and think that the previous installments were nonsense, I wonder what made you like about LoveLive.

Lol calm down. I never said I'm complaining about μ's and Aqours, just thinking from my understanding all groups must be practicing equally, it's just a matter of what's shown on screen. I never said previous installments are nonsense either. Just on the production side Nijigasaki's is more believable due to its more bizarre setting.

I think we expected different things from Nijigasaki, hence you're disappointed with it. I knew right from the start I didn't expect any hellish training scene to appear (oh yes that includes ep 10 the supposedly "gasshuku" ep, totally expecting them to not show us their training, I was already prepared for ep 10 to be the obligatory fanservice episode cuz there's no place for it in other episodes) because Nijigasaki's story is more about each character's personal emotional problem and motivation rather than any physical aspects as a group. There's no "we must win Love Live" motivation too because they already decided NOT to join Love Live since ep 3. Lol the original club was disbanded on the first episode literally because their "idol group" ideals clashed with one another. Still doesn't mean they aren't practicing on their own. Just accepting the facts that they wouldn't show us their training on screen. I'm here to enjoy the character development because I already read the plot-driven development (including their grueling practices) on the game.

I enjoyed Nijigasaki differently from both previous groups. I love how in Nijigasaki they give equal screentime for everyone, with each having their highlight episode, and no one is getting sidelined. Plus all the N girls cameo and seiyuu-related easter eggs.

The point about performances, not only Shizuku's is real. It's like for the first four (plus Ayumu's ep 12), they performed them for real bar the costumes and sets (those are imaginary). The rest are real including the costumes and everything else.

I also didn't want to debate anything, was only answering all the questions you asked lol. You asked so many, I just answered them all properly so you won't be confused anymore wwww. Chill yo.
MugipyonJan 2, 2021 2:09 AM

Jan 2, 2021 2:51 AM
Jul 2008
Mugipyon said:
LeonLanford said:

Lol calm down. I never said I'm complaining about μ's and Aqours, just thinking from my understanding all groups must be practicing equally, it's just a matter of what's shown on screen. I never said previous installments are nonsense either. Just on the production side Nijigasaki's is more believable due to its more bizarre setting.

I think we expected different things from Nijigasaki, hence you're disappointed with it. I knew right from the start I didn't expect any hellish training scene to appear (oh yes that includes ep 10 the supposedly "gasshuku" ep, totally expecting them to not show us their training, I was already prepared for ep 10 to be the obligatory fanservice episode cuz there's no place for it in other episodes) because Nijigasaki's story is more about each character's personal emotional problem and motivation rather than any physical aspects as a group. There's no "we must win Love Live" motivation too because they already decided NOT to join Love Live since ep 3. Lol the original club was disbanded on the first episode literally because their "idol group" ideals clashed with one another. Still doesn't mean they aren't practicing on their own. Just accepting the facts that they wouldn't show us their training on screen. I'm here to enjoy the character development because I already read the plot-driven development (including their grueling practices) on the game.

I enjoyed Nijigasaki differently from both previous groups. I love how in Nijigasaki they give equal screentime for everyone, with each having their highlight episode, and no one is getting sidelined. Plus all the N girls cameo and seiyuu-related easter eggs.

The point about performances, not only Shizuku's is real. It's like for the first four (plus Ayumu's ep 12), they performed them for real bar the costumes and sets (those are imaginary). The rest are real including the costumes and everything else.

I also didn't want to debate anything, was only answering all the questions you asked lol. You asked so many, I just answered them all properly so you won't be confused anymore wwww. Chill yo.

Yeah sorry I was really heated up.

I think we expected different things from Nijigasaki, hence you're disappointed with it.

I think the point of Nijigasaki was they're so all over the place so they're having difficulty doing performance as a group so they're doing the solo idol things.

I somehow already accepted that, but then in the final episode they just did the performance together perfectly without any hint of them practicing together(they were so busy setting their own stages), and it just somehow made me mad.
Jan 2, 2021 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
for some reason, this iteration of Love Live is the only one that was able to make me order from Japan.

orginal Love Live - ordered none.

sunshine - ordered none.

Nijigasaki - Shizu cd that cost 1800 yen, the delivery fee 2392 yen (cost more than the cd), then when it arrived I had to pay an additional customs tax that is almost the same amount as the cd (lol, wtf). It's because of this that I was not able to buy anything from Kuma Bear. But it's fine.. I was driven by the strong desire to support Shizu, and get the limited first press version (sounds better than normal release).. so the Bear would understand. @_@

for anyone interested, Good Smile would be releasing figures for Niji members. :)

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/lovelive_nijigasaki
Liddo-kunJan 2, 2021 11:26 PM
Jan 3, 2021 3:39 AM

Aug 2018
First, Lets talk about the last episode

I think it was okay their performance was great but it could be better if they become as a group, that makes the anime 10x better. Oh well i give them a thumbs up for originality and not following the formula of the last 2 Love Live series.

Second, As a whole, i think the story was very unique but the characters were still lacking in development. Some of them are not memorable. Songs and performances were great also. I'm thinking whats the point of naming this a Love Live if they will not become a group ans join Love Live or did i miss something...

Laslty, if i will make a comparison of this to the previous series

For me Love Live School Idol Project still the best Love Live series!
This series failed to top off or be better than the 1st season of SIP but this is better than Sunshine at least.
It is just i dont get attach to this new characters theres a few i like Kasumi and Yuu unlike in SIP i like all of them. You can really feel the bond/closeness of all characters in SIP in all seasons, in Niji its non existent i know they are solo idols but still they still in same club. It's more like divided in groups like Sunshine series.

So i still give this a 9 because im bias in Love Live series
Hoping for season 2.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 3, 2021 5:48 AM

Jan 2010
Definitely my favorite LL so far, with a score as high as the first movie for me (didn`t watched the Aqours movie yet). I also liked so much the references to the game to the point I really liked the whole school idol festival thing instead of them going to try the Love Live (which I hope that happens on a second season).

Tsuukaku-Zanryuu said:
I'm thinking whats the point of naming this a Love Live if they will not become a group ans join Love Live or did i miss something...

In episode 3 Setsuna says something about the Love Live. They intended to participate but just in a different category.
Jan 3, 2021 2:34 PM

May 2011
I enjoyed this last episode of Nijigasaki Idol Club a lot.It was an enjoyable performance.
''I was dead serious''

Jan 5, 2021 7:03 AM
Oct 2020
I so like this last episode
Jan 7, 2021 6:21 PM

Nov 2009
WOW, the school actually ends up letting the Idols perform after the scheduled event.

It's not a bad end, they all end up doing a group stage for the Finale.

TBH, I still laugh everytime I saw Rina's Headset, LOL
amlgJan 7, 2021 6:29 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 14, 2021 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
That's quite different since Yuu didn't perform with their final show...
4/5.

Jan 14, 2021 6:12 PM

Mar 2013
What a beautiful show. This was just as good as the SIP and Sunshine groups if not better. The entire group is wonderful. I honestly liked every single girl in the group. Kasumi best girl!

I really hope we get to see more of these girls in anime form. 9/10.
Jan 31, 2021 7:45 AM

Mar 2017
Put the series on-hold after episode 10 just because so I was honestly surprised at how good the group song is. But really the best part about the finale is that it's a love letter not only to Yuu but to everyone who supported the franchise since SIF. Just seeing the N card girls in the festival really hits home if you've played the game before Nijigaku.

Although Aqours is still my favorite, the way this series handled everything was refreshing while also still being Love Live at its core.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 22, 2021 4:22 AM

Feb 2020
And this is the prime example of how to make a good spin-off series. This Love Live installment was refreshing, intriguing, and very entertaining. The concept of having a solo performances was interesting in my opinion. However, seeing the girls performing together at the end was obviously the right way to end the show. :)

I absolutely loved all the girls, their chemistry and the bonds between each other. The animation was very good, the solo performances and the songs were nice and catchy.

SerafosNov 19, 2023 2:54 AM
Apr 28, 2021 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
This might be my favorite Love Live theme yet. In contrast to its predecessors, this rendition of Love Live took a departure from saving the school and slowly building the unit to work as one. True to the title Nijigasaki, each idol brought her own unique color to center stage to flourish. While their individuality was important, it was also because they could find their own answers separately that they could then bring it all together to form a rainbow of distinct but harmonically arranged colors.

With Love Live & Sunshine, the centers (Honoka & Chika) were easily my favorites. This time around, however, I feel like Ayumu blended in and allowed the rest of the cast to shine right along with her. If I had to pick a favorite, I would pick Ai just because of how Ai felt like I could fall in Ai with her any moment. Puns aside, I think it's because of how Ai feels like she captures the spirit of this series. Rather than competing to be the best, it was about the free spirited joy of school idols and how they draw out the dreams & happiness of everyone around them.

Another important aspect of this LL was the addition of Yuu acting as support. She took on the perspective of a fan and helped to connect that important dynamic between the idols and those who support them. In the process, she was also able to find her own dream on the other side of the rainbow.

8.5/10
May 13, 2021 9:50 PM
Nov 2018
Yume ga koko kara hajimaru yo is the perfect way to end this show, my heart is full. nijigasaki is such a dope group, each one of them complement each other well. gonna be a while until season 2, so back to SIFAS!

it's hard to choose a top 3 for niji since it always changes for me, but Rina will always be the one that grabs my attention the most with her unique design.
Jul 8, 2021 6:23 PM

Oct 2014
13 episodes, no male characters has been seen. Even all the audiences and performers are girls.

Anyway, easily the best Love Live series. Better art and animation. Live CGI is godlike. And yuri romance. Lot of hugs, holding hands, and cheesy dialogues between the girls.

It was better than I expected. 8/10
Jul 22, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2007
My Ayumu and Kasumi figures have arrived. :)

very satisfied. They look exactly as they were advertised by Goodsmile Company.

Aug 4, 2021 4:01 AM

May 2014
Alright season but overall pretty unremarkable and forgetful. Watched the first 12 episodes on and off as it was airing, got busy with life and was so detached from it that I didn't watch this final 13th episode until now, several months later.

Doing the whole thing of giving each character their own episode to have some challenge or personal problem to overcome is already kind of boring, but it meant even less here since it was more about each character getting closer to their own solo idol goals instead of things contributing to an overall group goal. (It kinda did for some, but not very much.)

Animation quality as well as CG all seemed pretty good, although in this day and age with their kind of budget it's to be expected.

Ai and Kanata are best girls just because genki and sleepy, Setsuna is after them although really all of the characters are kinda bland.

Was going to be generous with an 8 but now that I type this out it's definitely a 7 at best. Hopefully season 2 helps it out the same way LLS season 2 did.
Aug 7, 2021 3:19 PM

Dec 2014
I hate to use buzzwords to describe how I feel about anime, but compared to Sunshine and the Original, Nijigasaki definitely felt a lot more soulless -- BUT I did feel that this Love Live was a lot more reminiscent of the Original than Sunshine was. Personally, I didn't like Sunshine, I thought it was incredibly boring, but I felt Sunshine at least tried to disguise the whole "this anime is just for marketing" than this show did. The interactions and music were nice and all, but overall it just felt cookie-cutter and very calculated (for lack of a better word).

Despite that, I guess I did enjoy this season and I look forward to Season 2 coming out. In the mean time, I better start catching up on Superstar.
Oct 16, 2021 3:25 PM

Oct 2007
this is my favorite Love Live.. and ordered figures to support them. Have spent more on this anime that any other anime.

Rina, Kanata, Emma, and Setsuna figures have arrived. :)

Rina

Kanata

Emma

Setsuna

Liddo-kunOct 16, 2021 3:29 PM
Dec 14, 2021 12:06 PM

Nov 2017
What an incredible final episode this was. A lot of nice songs featured, the first group performance with all nine Nijigasaki girls, and there was a reference from the previous Love Lives!~

The girls themselves are great. Every single one of 'em. They're all likable and relatable. It's interesting too since in this anime, there isn't the issue of a school closing down. The story is just about a group of girls chasing their dreams by doing what they love.

I can dig it!
Jan 1, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2011
It was a fun anime. I'm glad they performed as a group in the end.

The problem for me in Niji is performing solo then a group. I really prefer group
performance like the past love live series.
Apr 5, 2022 12:18 AM
Oct 2021
This feels more like a Love Live fanfic rather than an actual installment. The characters aren't interesting for the most part.
Apr 13, 2022 6:12 PM

Jun 2021
Amazing final episode! I love my Niji girls so much :')

Season 2 is gonna be better for sure!
Nov 3, 2022 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
This is such a pure and inspiring series.
Rina feels like a hacker lmao (as always) that took her first step to change herself;
Setsuna is still my best geeky girl, I love her since she sang on the rooftop;
Ayumu being lovely and adorable;
Yuu just being herself and inspires the other Niji girls especially Ayumu herself;
Shizuku who took her first step on overcoming her hidden self to finally accept it;
Kanata who I first thought of being a weak character actually has her goals in mind with her lovely sister;
Ai who seriously wants to try out things from her daily routine;
Emma who was just a country bumpkin actually has a strong will;
And lastly, Karin who provoked Setsuna because she worry for Emma's well-being.
I really, really appreciate this kind of animation.

P.S.
There's no lesbian/girls love/or homo sexualisation in this series just so you know.
The things the others uploaded above are self-published doujinshi that aren't even the story.
Seriously... *facepalm*
Giving equal love to all the girls are what the most important for an idol series and seeing them grow up as a person (and not being delusional and freely shipping them nonstop to become a GL character).
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 18, 2023 3:43 AM
Apr 2020
Nijigasaki is my favorite installment in any anime idol project. Glad to finish the first season. 
Jun 3, 2023 10:34 PM

Aug 2008
It was a nice ending and i really liked how they all came together!

Jun 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Oct 2021
Yuu has gotta be the most cheerful, optimistic character ever lol.
Nov 5, 2023 7:19 AM

Nov 2020
I never thought they will perform altogether that was nice. I kinda got demotivated early on since they're solo idols. I just watched this for Yuki Setsuna banger songs. I think Yu is such an underrated character tbh. Overall great show it presented a better performance than the past LL series but it kinda lacked some more fluff imo
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

56 by Vhailor »»
Nov 1, 2023 6:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.