Forum Settings
Forums

'Non Non Biyori' Manga Ends 11-Year Serialization

New
Dec 25, 2020 5:54 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The editorial department of the Monthly Comic Alive magazine announced on Saturday that Atto's Non Non Biyori manga will conclude in three chapters, including the chapter in the February 2021 issue. The April 2021 issue will publish the final chapter on February 27, 2021.

Atto debuted the slice of life comedy manga in Monthly Comic Alive in September 2009. Kadokawa published the 15th volume on May 23. The manga has a cumulative 1.8 million copies of its volumes in print as of November 2018.

Silver Link. adapted the manga into two anime seasons in Fall 2013 and Summer 2015. The seventh and tenth limited edition manga volumes bundled two original video animations in July 2014 and September 2016, respectively.

The Non Non Biyori: Vacation anime film opened in Japan in August 2018, grossing over 190 million yen (approximately US$1.7 million). Non Non Biyori Nonstop, the third anime season, will premiere on January 11, 2021.

Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime series in North America and released both seasons and the anime film on home video in January 2015, November 2016, and June 9, respectively. Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga in English in October 2014 and published the 13th volume on August 25. The 14th volume is planned for a January 5, 2021 release.

Synopsis
Asahigaoka might look like a typical, boring countryside to most; however, no day in this village can ever be considered colorless thanks to five students of varying ages occupying the only class in the only school in town. The youngest student is first grader Renge Miyauchi, who brings an unadulterated wit, curiosity, and her characteristic catchphrase, "Nyanpasu!" Then there are the Koshigaya siblings consisting of the quiet ninth grader and elder brother Suguru, diminutive eighth grader Komari, and the mischievous seventh grader Natsumi. The recent arrival of Tokyo-raised fifth grader Hotaru Ichijou, who appears overdeveloped for her age and thus naturally holds an air of maturity, rounds out this lively and vibrant group of five classmates.

Based on the manga penned and illustrated by Atto, Non Non Biyori chronicles the not-so-normal daily lives of this group of friends as they engage in their own brand of fun and frolic, and playfully struggle with the realities of living in a rural area. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Manga special page: https://comic-alive.jp/special/non-non-biyori/
Official Twitter: @nonnontv

Source: Oricon News

Dec 25, 2020 5:59 PM

Oct 2010
Most depressing (anime) news all year. Pien.
Dec 25, 2020 6:01 PM

Feb 2014
Damn it's been over a decade? Hope we get a third film after this new season

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Dec 25, 2020 6:11 PM

Jun 2020
Most depressing news. Non Non Biyori will always be in my heart as my favourite.
Dec 25, 2020 6:19 PM

May 2010
Genocyber said:
Hope we get a third film after this new season

Wait, there was a second film?
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Dec 25, 2020 6:54 PM

May 2017
I’ve watched the anime before and was lucky to read the Non Non Byori series just a couple of years ago. Next to Mitsuboshi Colors, this one was of my favorites.
Dec 25, 2020 7:11 PM

Aug 2016
albertbrown said:
I’ve watched the anime before and was lucky to read the Non Non Byori series just a couple of years ago. Next to Mitsuboshi Colors, this one was of my favorites.

daily reminder Kaytranada and moe is for gigachads with taste
:v
Dec 25, 2020 7:41 PM

Mar 2015
all good things must come to ends. T_T
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 25, 2020 7:48 PM

Mar 2020
Makes me sad. I plan to read the manga though once it is done. I only discovered the anime recently and It s one of my favourite Slice of Life ever.

Worst Christmas present ever. Feel like I opened a box of shit that was spring loaded :( I guess all good things must come to an end...doesnt make me happy it happens.
Dec 25, 2020 7:51 PM

Oct 2017
Its been a long journey and now it's coming to an end.
Dec 25, 2020 8:29 PM
Jun 2020
It was about time.
Dec 25, 2020 8:34 PM

Jun 2017
I feel pain... and suffering... and even more pain... help :(
Dec 25, 2020 10:08 PM

Mar 2018
This hurts. Non Non Biyori is very special to me... :(

It will always be one of my favorite Slice of Life series.

"Ehehehe.....I did my best!" - Pururut
Dec 25, 2020 11:33 PM

Oct 2018
Nooooooooooooooooo! Not one of my favorite slice of life anime! :(
Oh well! When the time comes, farewell Ren-chon! :(
Forum set made by Nate
Dec 26, 2020 3:11 AM

Sep 2011
Very sad about this. It's one of the few series out there that I have bought every volume of. I mean, it had to end eventually, but I was hoping we would be going for another 2-3 years. Hopefully all of it gets adapted as well.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Dec 26, 2020 3:40 AM

Dec 2018
Well noting last forever. Looking forward the new season

And god I hope the lesbians will finally kiss,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Dec 26, 2020 5:05 AM
Aug 2009
Damn, so no more anime adaptations after upcoming season. I didn't have enough of Koma-chan yet, need much more.
Dec 26, 2020 6:36 AM

Feb 2020
This series was a ride, and also one of the first iyashikei slice of life for me, and is still my favourite SOL series. Sad to see it go.

Hope another series like this comes to fruition.
Dec 26, 2020 7:16 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Wow, bummer, hopefully Atto-Sensei works on something new after this~^^'>

Btw, does anyone know the total amount of volumes we'll get for this series?:o>
Dec 26, 2020 9:51 AM

Feb 2012
Noooo Ren-chon gone noooooo
Dec 27, 2020 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
I already missed this series. Very adorable and relaxing.
Dec 27, 2020 4:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Yuri-Crusader said:

I think we should have real expectations about anything yuri really going ahead for this series, yes loveable, but people better not expect much from that front.

Dec 27, 2020 5:17 PM

Dec 2018
Playcool said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

I think we should have real expectations about anything yuri really going ahead for this series, yes loveable, but people better not expect much from that front.

Anime usually disappoints me when it comes to Yuri. So I know better then expect anything. But Hotaru is a lesbian, She is in love with Komari after all. So the previous have some Yuri vibes. So you never know my dreams about lesbian kissing may come true.Even if I dont expect it, I rather hope and wish for it =)

Yuri-CrusaderDec 27, 2020 5:21 PM
Dec 28, 2020 3:07 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Yuri-Crusader said:
Playcool said:

Anime usually disappoints me when it comes to Yuri. So I know better then expect anything. But Hotaru is a lesbian, She is in love with Komari after all. So the previous have some Yuri vibes. So you never know my dreams about lesbian kissing may come true.Even if I dont expect it, I rather hope and wish for it =)

For all we know, this could be only a phase in Hotaru's life and one day she would grown out of such feelings, since she is still very young, I would wait till her later teenager years to really call her a lesbian.

As for Komari, she never gave any implications she is aware of those feelings from Hotaru, nor that she likes females as well.
Would say she has yet to experience love and mature from that.

Also, the manga seems to be contained to tight period of their lives, that same one year, maybe there will be a time skip at the end, doubt it, but we will never see such developments happening from Hotaru's side, even if they were to happen, that is just NOT the focus the mangaka seems to have for this, so while I will take my yuri scenes to feel my yuri quota for the year quite nicely, I m not expecting anything major in time in development, like to see the ship setting sail or them going to high school, college or their adulthood life.

The feeling I was always having is the intention from the mangaka to skip to this period of their lives, so again, don't expect anything.

But I will gladly take that picture for myself~~
Dec 28, 2020 4:53 AM

Dec 2018
Playcool said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

For all we know, this could be only a phase in Hotaru's life and one day she would grown out of such feelings, since she is still very young, I would wait till her later teenager years to really call her a lesbian.

As for Komari, she never gave any implications she is aware of those feelings from Hotaru, nor that she likes females as well.
Would say she has yet to experience love and mature from that.

Also, the manga seems to be contained to tight period of their lives, that same one year, maybe there will be a time skip at the end, doubt it, but we will never see such developments happening from Hotaru's side, even if they were to happen, that is just NOT the focus the mangaka seems to have for this, so while I will take my yuri scenes to feel my yuri quota for the year quite nicely, I m not expecting anything major in time in development, like to see the ship setting sail or them going to high school, college or their adulthood life.

The feeling I was always having is the intention from the mangaka to skip to this period of their lives, so again, don't expect anything.

But I will gladly take that picture for myself~~

I dont base my interpretation on what might happened in the future. She is a fictional character after all, and probably will never even have a future. And because she is a mere drawing on a paper she is very bendable, The authors/directors can change her sex, personalty ,mentality, and sexual orientation after how they see fit. Therefor I solely base my interpretation on the anime that I have watched so far

So far Hotaru have show very strong emotion towards another female. And have kept doing so for several seasons . Even If Komari haven't answer dont take away the fact that 'Hotaru have a big crush on her. And a female that loves another females is a lesbian in my book. If you interpretation of this fictional media difference form mine I respect that. But I am still going to stick with mine

And as I said I dont expect anything . But hope is the last thing that dies in man. And as long as this anime are running I will hope for it =)

At least I have the fanart were my lesbians are kissing,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderDec 28, 2020 5:04 AM

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
6 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.