Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2020 3:35 PM

Jun 2020
That was a good fight the animation is good as always.

Next episode is gonna be lit.
Dec 25, 2020 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
So if I'm interpreting this correctly, out of all the characters Sakuna has seen thus far, Fushiguro is the only one he cares about? Not Gojou nor Itadori?
Dec 25, 2020 3:38 PM
Feb 2013
irondark30 said:
So if I'm interpreting this correctly, out of all the characters Sakuna has seen thus far, Fushiguro is the only one he cares about? Not Gojou nor Itadori?

Yep. He may have beef with Gojo, but his genuine interest remains with Megumi. He could care less about Itadori lol
Dec 25, 2020 3:43 PM

Jul 2015
dedeogbe said:
irondark30 said:

Yep. He may have beef with Gojo, but his genuine interest remains with Megumi. He could care less about Itadori lol
now I'm hyped for Fushiguro
Dec 25, 2020 4:23 PM

Nov 2019
Ao_Blue said:
And Sukuna cared for Megumi? Why? Is he going to use Megumi in his future plans?

See episode 5 and 6 for the reason why..
Dec 25, 2020 4:30 PM

Mar 2018
Man the show really ain't stopping being visually superb. Can't thank Hironori Tanaka enough, hope he comes back again this season or the next.

This arc is the one that made me fall in love with the manga. I LOVE Mahito, antagonist whose progression mirrors the MC's ? Sign me up, this why I love Shigaraki from MHA just as much.

Also, Nanami's backstory hits weirdly hard, a guy that only cared about making money by making rich people even richer finally accepting his desire to be useful and helping others with small daily actions is so inspiring.

First court is a super strong 9/10, direction outside of action scenes could be a tad more refined but othewise it's a beautiful and ambitious adaptation.
Dec 25, 2020 4:56 PM

Dec 2016
If Family Guy or any other show throws in a flashback in the middle of something important then it's a piece of "carp". But holy shit, if yet another generic battle shonen does this, it's short of a masterpiece in terms of storytelling and direction /s

The animation is pretty good, but it baffles me how much MAPPA recycles previous cutscenes in episodes like this to pad runtime (it's ridiculous that Nanamin somehow has recollection of Gojou's realm expansion despite him not being no where near at that time)

Looks like next episode the overused and typical TOURNAMENT ARC will take place... zzz
Dec 25, 2020 5:00 PM

Mar 2016
I love nanamis backstory, how I wish to live but more ambitious.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Dec 25, 2020 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
Goddamn, I was certain Nanami was a deadman walking. I'm glad I was wrong. Slowly I've been catching up on this one, and now I finally have on Christmas. I'll admit, through 13 episodes this series has impressed me. I even got misty eyed during that last section on bullying. I genuinely hope it keeps it up with these last 11 of this first series.
Dec 25, 2020 5:22 PM
Feb 2018
MrCreepyAvss said:
deg said:

what CG Mahito? its all drawn or corrected by Hironori Tanaka in 2D drawings being the AD of this episode

or if you do not mean 3DCG when you say CG then ye obviously

I mean 3DCG
it was just a fast shot of literally 2 seconds at 13:14, but it looked totally awful to me :(

It's mappa, so cg or 3dcg will always be there
Dec 25, 2020 5:33 PM

Apr 2013
Kimurah said:
Looks like next episode the overused and typical TOURNAMENT ARC will take place... zzz
It really isnt but you seem hellbent on categorizing jjk as following every shounen tropes so you do you.
Dec 25, 2020 5:37 PM
Apr 2016
So just to confirm there hasn't been any delays or anything? This arc's ending was well put together and kinda gave me the impression the season was done despite MAL saying they're doing 24 episodes.

Edit: Alright, ignore me, completely forgot to watch the end card with what's happening next week, my bad.
Dec 25, 2020 5:41 PM

Jul 2008
Darkcommander said:
So just to confirm there hasn't been any delays or anything? This arc's ending was well put together and kinda gave me the impression the season was done despite MAL saying they're doing 24 episodes.

Edit: Alright, ignore me, completely forgot to watch the end card with what's happening next week, my bad.

Ep 14 will air Jan 15.
Dec 25, 2020 5:41 PM
Feb 2018
The best episode so far.
The Production quality in this episode is insane
They solely focus on Mahito's every movements and moments

There will two week break before episode 14 airs. It's gonna be long and painful without JJK :(
Dec 25, 2020 5:47 PM
Apr 2014
Outstanding episode, made me love Nanami even more.

Darkcommander said:

Next cour starts on January 15th it seems https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/kk1t2d/jujutsu_kaisen_episode_14_will_air_on_january_15th/
Dec 25, 2020 5:48 PM
Dec 2015
Amazing episode! That domain expansion was something else, thought for sure Nanamin would get killed
Dec 25, 2020 6:02 PM

Jul 2020
Damn I really thought Nanami was gonna die when they showed the flashback to his life as a salaryman, but really glad he didn't.
Dec 25, 2020 6:04 PM

Jul 2016
irondark30 said:
dedeogbe said:

now I'm hyped for Fushiguro

It has something to do with whatever Fushiguro was going to do at the end of their fight. I got impression it will be something death related.
Dec 25, 2020 6:20 PM
Apr 2016
Gar_Logan said:
Darkcommander said:

Ep 14 will air Jan 15.
Viz said:
Outstanding episode, made me love Nanami even more.

Darkcommander said:

Next cour starts on January 15th it seems https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/kk1t2d/jujutsu_kaisen_episode_14_will_air_on_january_15th/

Appreciate the info lads, thanks.
Dec 25, 2020 6:22 PM

Dec 2016
Sourire said:
Kimurah said:
It really isnt but you seem hellbent on categorizing jjk as following every shounen tropes so you do you.

And fans try to deny the obvious, but they never bring actual evidence to back up their words, so you do you.
Dec 25, 2020 6:29 PM
Feb 2013
Kimurah said:
Sourire said:

And fans try to deny the obvious, but they never bring actual evidence to back up their words, so you do you.

Because that would involve posting spoilers in an anime only page? Really not that hard to work out why lol
Dec 25, 2020 6:33 PM

Jul 2015
Omg, 20 DAYS till the next episode of JUJUTSU KAISEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How I gonna SURVIVE without weekly JUJUTSU KAISEN???? HOW???
Why so late???????????? T-T
OMG, MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT UNDER CONTROL RIGHT NOW

I feel like we’ve finished a great arc and we’re going to get into an even better one.

How is it possible JK not to miss anything?It's HIT AFTER HIT! IT'S A BLAST!

I never tought the perfect anime for me would come, but look at this!

Dec 25, 2020 6:38 PM

May 2019
A great finish to the first cour. Probably sitting at a 9.3/10 right now, with serious potential to reach a 10/10 by the end of the second cour. AOTY easily.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 25, 2020 6:48 PM

Dec 2020
Wow Mappa blew my expectations out the water.
I saw the sneak peak of the episode earlier,
but Mahito's Domain expansion was insane.

But it's unfortunate they replaced the narration with the characters actually speaking.
There are several scenes I can think of that work best with a third-person narrator.
Dec 25, 2020 6:55 PM

Apr 2020
There comes the conclusion of the fight between Yuuji/Nanami and Mahito. We saw the flashback scene of Nanami when he was a jaded businessman. I admit he could fell in love with that baker girl.

I was kinda confused on why Mahito would have touched Sukuna for the second time. But it was actually Mahito's Domain Expansion that touched Sukuna's soul (u know if this was a romance/drama anime, this would have a very different meaning).

Mahito is now injured and is forced to retreat from the Sorcerers. They were about to chase the shape-shifting curse, but because of his injuries, Yuuji is exhausted and they are forced to let Mahito flee.

That concludes the first half of Jujutsu Kaisen. In the Juju Stroll, we see Fushiguro, Nobara and others eating some hot pot. Megumi remembers Yuuji's recipe of the meatballs that they are eating. Aww, they really missed Yuuji, don't worry you'll see him soon.

So the second half will involve the Kyoto Jujutsus, and damn it, IT'S GOING TO BE KYOTO v TOKYO TOURNAMENT ARC. Hope the second half keeps the hypeball rolling as we're getting some fresh new cast and the second OP's & ED's of JJK.

If the show ends with this episode, I will say it's between 8 to a 9 out of 10. What a very good shounen show and JJK will truly be special to the next couple of years.
Dec 25, 2020 7:10 PM

Mar 2020
A great episode. Itadori and Nanami were about to win the fight, but it got stronger during and ended up learning to use an expansion domain, I really thought that Nanami was going to die but Itadori managed to help him even if indirectly.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 25, 2020 7:20 PM
Apr 2020
YoDyl6n said:
Whats the song at 20:15
YoDyl6n said:
Whats the song at 20:15
Anybody knows about this?

Dec 25, 2020 7:26 PM

Jan 2020
I really liked this episode. Nanami's flashback was short but really enjoyable and I'm glad nothing bad happened to him. 20 days without Jujutsu Kaisen will be painful but hopefully the second cour will be worth the wait

Dec 25, 2020 7:28 PM
Oct 2017
It was really nice to see Nanami's past, and I hope he doesn't die soon...This anime is probably AOTY for me, considering AOT S4 barely started.

Unfortunately, the next thing is a tournament arc...
Dec 25, 2020 7:38 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Not sure if it's because the episodes feel shorter and shorter, but this week gave me filler energy (although I know they were just finishing the arc from last week). Interesting that we see Sukuna delivering on his word. Also---everyone escaped. Yay(?)
Dec 25, 2020 7:41 PM

Dec 2018
The fighting scene is great but, I feel like this episode is just an ok episode.
When Nanami past just appear, I thought it was his death flag. luckily he is still alive.... Mahito is still alive too.. No one special die in this episode~

Serve that rich bully boy right~ He can't move his arm and is hurt badly too.
Sukuna is so interested toward Fushiguro only? Fushiguro is so lucky then.
That ending part, poor Fushiguro and Nobara to still don't know that Itadori is still alive...

Dec 25, 2020 7:55 PM
Nov 2014
dedeogbe said:
Anyone catch Yuji's tears at the very end of the opening? :(

I did! Fucking MAPPA putting him dreaming the picnic scene where everyone is friends and him waking up, crying because of Junpei :'(
Dec 25, 2020 7:56 PM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, that whole episode was just Sakuga scenes Jesus. As much as I don't wanna wait 3 weeks for the next episode, the animators deserves a break and spend time with their family.

Respect to Itadori for doing what needs to be done, killing those transfigured souls. At that point, I think that was the proper death for those poor souls, they were already beyond saving.

At least Junpei's death managed to make the school act against bullying, they were too late but this is a good start to avoid the Junpei incident from happening again.

I legit thought Nanami was gonna die, they even showed his flashback. Thank God he lives to fight another day, thank you Itadori. Nanami's backstory was fantastic though, I like bakery girl.

Juju Stroll was great, can't wait to see Fushiguro and Nobara again.
Dec 25, 2020 8:06 PM
Oct 2007
So damn good!
3 weeks wait for the next episode is going to be so hard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2020 8:27 PM

Apr 2013
Kimurah said:
Sourire said:

Evidence is me reading the manga.
Dec 25, 2020 9:01 PM
Jul 2020
I like how they kept the first op and ed, i was thinking that they’ll change it cuz its ep 13 but they didn’t. Overall really good episode, art was amazing, animation was smooth, got some character development with yuuji and nanami, 4/5
Dec 25, 2020 9:22 PM

Sep 2019
Decent firsr cour storywise but the adaptation was really great.
Dec 25, 2020 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
Jujutsu keeps on delivering! Nanami was indeed doomed if it wasn't for Yuuji. What a badass he grew up to be.

Now the only thing i can think of, especially after watching that ending scene, is Yuuji's reunion with Fushiguro and Kugisaki!
This first half was insanely good, a solid 9/10, hope it will end with a 10/10, i am loving this!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 25, 2020 9:52 PM
Apr 2018
ITADORI : What is a proper death?
NANAMIN : I don't know what that is, either. Even if good people dying in peace and evil people being punished with death is the proper way, most of the people in this world are neither good nor evil. Death is the final destination for all of us, but no one dies the same death. Trying to guide all of them to their proper end would surely be adruous. I personally wouldn't recommend it.
Dec 25, 2020 9:56 PM
Apr 2018
So DOMAIN EXPANSION can be breached from outside.
Dec 25, 2020 10:24 PM

Jun 2020
:’(
RIP Junpei

Itadori & his musings on death with that Stand in the Darkness song playing.....great end to 1st cour. Will also miss the absolute bangers of an OP & ED but I’m so excited for the Cö Shu Nie ED!

I totally thought Nanami was going to die. I laughed a little when Itadori managed to invade the domain expansion. And damn of course Mahito managed to get away.

I also liked Nanami’s backstory & his interaction with the bakery girl was really cute. I think that Itadori has had decent character development and I like how unassuming & kind he is, I hope they delve more into his character next cour. He’s slowly becoming one of my favourites, I really like him!!!!

Cute Juju Sanpo. These friends really miss one another. Can’t wait to see them back together again!!!!!

Pweenie said:
dedeogbe said:
Anyone catch Yuji's tears at the very end of the opening? :(

I did! Fucking MAPPA putting him dreaming the picnic scene where everyone is friends and him waking up, crying because of Junpei :'(

So sad (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 25, 2020 11:26 PM
Feb 2019
this might be out of topic but what's the title of the song where yuji walking into gojo and nanamin?
Dec 26, 2020 12:42 AM

Nov 2018
seems they go all out on this ep animation. but I just realize mappa skipped a little narration that explaining some stuff did they..?
Dec 26, 2020 12:47 AM

Dec 2013
Ok ending to an ok arc. The domain expansion looked really cool but it's too bad we didn't really get to see it in action.
Dec 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Mar 2015
Nanamin don't play with my heart like that ;_; I really thought he'd die there. Especially with how they threw in the good old death flag of backstory.

So Junpei is gone for good huh, really sad how it took his death (or I guess disappearance in their eyes) for his bullies to get their punishment :(
Dec 26, 2020 3:16 AM

May 2018
What a way to finish this cour, This Sakuga was pure eye candy, but the intensity and creativity with the domain expansions is so well executed.You could just tell that MAPPA put so much love and effort into animating this. And a big part of that comes down to how good, fluid and creative the Gege's original work is. Itadori as a protagonist is such a cool blend of inexperience but fearlessness and my unbothered king Nanami got his backstory explained too. Like a lot of people, the only person Sukuna's simping for is Megumi Lmaoo!!, The wait is going to be worth it but I'm gonna miss the OP and ED. Itadori looks like he's crying too , So glad that this show is doing so well and really excited for it to continue exploding with the second cour

Dec 26, 2020 3:23 AM

Sep 2020
Sakuna being done with Mahito as THE highlight !!! And welcome back Gojo !!!!!!
Dec 26, 2020 3:30 AM

Aug 2019
Looks like a tournament arc is starting next episode.
Can't wait.
Also, is that emo guy actually dead?
Dec 26, 2020 4:08 AM
Jan 2020
MAPPA delivered crying Yuuji who woke up from his illusions and now I'm sobbing too. Dammit, MAPPA...

MAPPA also showed us snippets of Kyoto folks' voice actors' job on Twitter, I'm so-so excited to see them! They're pretty good and lovable characters.

Dec 26, 2020 4:11 AM
Jan 2020
jasevy said:
Looks like a tournament arc is starting next episode.
Can't wait.
Also, is that emo guy actually dead?

Yeah, he is dead. You can see 4 body bags in the afterbattle scene with Nanamin and Yuuji, containing 3 transformed kids and Junpei himself.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.