Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2008 1:09 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Things are starting to get pretty interesting now. I wonder if Tenma and Anna/Nina will get to the house in time.
Oct 11, 2008 4:03 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, that was intense.

I think this show just might end up as one of my favorites.
Feb 3, 2009 11:56 PM

Jul 2008
Yes this show is great, I think the will get to the house to find everyone dead.
Jul 29, 2009 4:58 PM

Dec 2008
great anime
Jul 31, 2009 6:12 AM
Jun 2009
Holy snap it's getting intense!
Aug 7, 2009 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
Fantastic! That whole episode had me gripped from start to finish and the end was so intense. I haven't felt this excited by an anime in a long time, I can't wait to watch the next one :D
Aug 18, 2009 12:17 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Things are really starting to heat up. I am definitley going to continue watching this series.
Oct 26, 2009 9:29 PM
May 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
Yes this show is great, I think the will get to the house to find everyone dead.

Yeah that's what I think too. If so this anime is pretty predictable so far... But I like it. And FINALLY the suspense kicked in a little ;). It took them long enough. I like the news reporter guy we just meet.
Oct 29, 2009 8:51 AM
Sep 2009
Can't wait for the next episode...
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jan 18, 2010 11:36 AM

Sep 2009
this is getting really intense. I wonder if her fake parrents and that journalist are already dead since we saw Johan at the castle.
No sig :(
Jan 25, 2010 9:04 AM

Jan 2010
I knew that it had to be a trap as soon as the reporter said the phone lines were cut.

This is getting pretty intense. I wonder if the parents will be dead or not. Or maybe just kidnapped...
\
May 27, 2010 6:38 PM

Sep 2008
Yeahhhh go Mamiko Noto go! She's such a strong character; it's too bad she lost her parents again... if I was her brother though, i'd want to take her away too... so I don't blame him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2010 2:31 AM

Mar 2010
Tenma getting his ass saved by Anna/Nina was lame!!!
Also I don't see why the parents should be harmed..They didn't do anything bad.But who DO have to deal with a psycho..
Nov 6, 2010 6:10 PM

Mar 2010
ah nina was awesome still a little cracked up too though

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 11, 2011 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
I bet they're dead.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 6, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
I BET Tenma is going to get framed for both the parents and journalist's (he took his car after all) and for the creepy guy's deaths (because I assume he did not live long after Johan got to him; and he was tied with Tenma's tie, which means trouble for him)...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 11, 2012 2:16 PM

Mar 2009
Big mistake. Tenma should've made sure the parents went along with him since it's easier to kill them in their own home.
Feb 22, 2012 4:30 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome episode, fast pace... I really hope her parents are alright but... I don't know.
Jun 19, 2012 7:12 PM

Jun 2009
Whew, I forgot how damn intense this series can be.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2012 1:45 PM
May 2012
I was a little disappointed by this episode. For someone who's presented as an intelligent person, it was pretty idiotic of Nina to meet an anonymous stranger without accompaniment, or telling anyone where she was going. She's a law student; Stalkers shouldn't be a new concept to her.

On top of that, deciding to bring Nina back to her house, right after the hired watch indicated that Johann might still be there seemed a little dim.
Sep 14, 2012 8:48 AM

Nov 2009
Rockkun said:
I was a little disappointed by this episode. For someone who's presented as an intelligent person, it was pretty idiotic of Nina to meet an anonymous stranger without accompaniment, or telling anyone where she was going. She's a law student; Stalkers shouldn't be a new concept to her.

On top of that, deciding to bring Nina back to her house, right after the hired watch indicated that Johann might still be there seemed a little dim.

lol agree so much with the idea that she actually met what was obviously a stalker, although she did tell people where she was going. Although I kind of want them to go back to see how bad it is (the scene of the crime that is). Also why did the parents all of a sudden trust what the guy was saying... and why did the newspaper guy lend, what should appear to be a "crazy person", his car.
Sep 18, 2012 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
Rockkun said:

This.
I'm also not keen about the hired thug who acted like a zombie, for no reason other than to scare the audience.
Dec 16, 2012 9:06 AM

Feb 2012
And here we go time event can Tenma save Nina / Anna's parents.

About Episode:

Haha that Maurer man seems pretty nice dude. His reactions to this case was funny and when Tenma prayed that he has to see those files I mean newspaper articles. Guy just put a lot of books in the table and said do what ever you want haha. :DD

So collapsed Nina was fine again and talked that teacher to Johan and when she sensed that Johan is pure evil and bad guy and he is basically Nina's brother.

Again another email. Let's meet in castle and knight will arrive there yeah right? It's really stupid to Nina's believing those emails and just why the heck she went to castle of course because she wanted to get her memories back who wouldn't.

Why those parent's didn't come to castle with Tenma and that Maurer guy I mean of course it's dangerous but now it's pretty sure they are not there anymore. Only if Johan was so kind this time and didn't do anything. But I don't expect that because nature of this show. Oh Johan thought lesson what could happen if you fail in mission.

I was sure Johan is going to be in a castle but again he hired some old man to keep watch on Nina. Seems like Johan has either good manipulate powers to control humans or there is supernatural events used here. Or another one he could hypnotize those thugs. That was just pathetic Nina's beating that guy and Tenma is just looking there...

Good for Nina though she can use some karate to his brother later haha.

Hope they can arrive in time.

5/5 Fast paced episode yay!
Jan 27, 2013 7:59 AM

Jan 2012
So intense, love this show.

Jan 30, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Uhh.. maybe the phone isn't working because it is not plugged in? lol

Anyways good episode, Nina/Anna seems to have some recollection of what went on in her past.

I feel bad for the newspaper reporter.. I'm pretty sure he's dead now...
I wonder if that type of thing is going to keep happening, i.e. Someone will give a sad backstory and then later die. It already happened twice so far.

Rockkun said:

I think She thought she was strong enough to handle anything on her own, and maybe that city didn't have many killings, robberies etc. I remember when I visited my cousins in the US they never locked their doors and their kids could go out till dark. Even so, I agree with you, she was a bit naive.
Apr 26, 2013 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Cliffhangeeer, uaaa! This series is intense, dat thrill!
I am expecting the worse. Poor Nina!
Apr 28, 2013 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
People are picky with this anime.
5/5 intense episode, too bad theres 68 more episodes to get through.
That's such a daunting task
Jul 2, 2013 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
This is really getting intense. Also, can we assume now that Tenma has just given up medicine for the time being to pursue this mystery? It seems he doesn't even eat since that newspaper worker gave him the meal.

Johan came out quick (or at least assumed to be Johan) once Tenma and Nina left the castle. Maybe that means his work is done at the house already? Exciting stuff
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 16, 2013 9:54 AM
May 2012
Is that dude a zombie? crazy dude is crazy ohh this is getting intense!!! and I smell romance maybe.
Sep 15, 2013 9:55 PM

Jul 2009
another excellent episode :)

and wow just like the reporter, it seems Tenma hasn't showered in awhile now XD

btw since he's the cheif surgeon, is this really okay to let him wonder on his own? what about the detectives? surely Lunge would have followed him?

and wow when the reporter said he was at the crime scene on one of the victims, he said he would kill this person without hesitation.

man that garderner guy is crazy! good thing Anna has got awesome judo skills :)

and wtf as soon as they left it seems Johan is back to finish the garderner guy.

please reporter-san and foster parents!!

you promise to quit smoking and come back to your wife reporter-san!!!

this is getting intense by the episode!!

i wish we had more anime's like this!!!

next episode!!!
Nov 20, 2013 10:14 PM

Sep 2011
Damn that was freaking good! I am now officially hooked.
May 25, 2014 3:17 AM

May 2011
as the conspiracy slowly unfolds...just to realise that there's darkness within the darkness.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Aug 11, 2014 2:17 PM

May 2012
OMG. My heart. That was so intense.
Sep 16, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2011
I liked the reporter. He seemed pretty reasonable, and even believed Tenma once they found the parents. There were death flags all over the place, though. They'll likely be dead by the time Tenma and Anna get back. Hopefully Tenma won't get framed for it: He's been going this alone too much.

Seeing how Johan will react to not finding Anna could be interesting.

Rockkun said:

You have to keep in mind the time period. This is 1995, when parents still let their kids walk the streets and people were more trusting in general. The awareness of stalkers and danger-consciousness in general has increased since then. Plus, Anna is quite curious about her past. I find it to be pretty believable, even if it wasn't smart.
Dec 15, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
Algirdyz said:
this is getting really intense. I wonder if her fake parrents and that journalist are already dead since we saw Johan at the castle.

I was gonna say exactly this. Great episode.
Dec 16, 2014 7:19 AM

Jul 2013
oh my this is getting interesting. too bad the reporter guy has a huge red flag painted on him, I liked him.
Jan 17, 2015 2:15 AM

Nov 2013
Sheesh why was that gardener so fucking nuts?!

Seeing that the phone wires were cut, I have a bad feeling that the reporter and Nina's foster parents are gonna die.

Seeing Johan slowly approach that tied up gardener was scary.

Pretty good episode. Definitely felt flawed at some points but I still enjoyed it.

8/10

Feb 11, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2014
Maaan, I hope her foster family and the journalist didn't die, although I am pretty sure they are dead already. Hard times are approaching to the poor Anna :(
Feb 11, 2015 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode!
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Mar 27, 2015 11:25 AM
Nov 2014
Decent episode, Tenma finally found Anna/Nina.

Looks like the journalist bro and the fam are gonna be in a big trouble next ep.
Apr 19, 2015 10:24 AM

Feb 2015
The people in the house are so going to die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2015 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Man, this show just keeps getting better and better and more intense with each episode. I love it!

5/5
Aug 7, 2015 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
Rip Nina's "parents" and that other dude.
Aug 23, 2015 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
I like Tenma, he's so dedicate.
I'd like to have him as a father.
Aug 29, 2015 11:16 AM

May 2012
this is getting intense af
Sep 22, 2015 12:07 PM
Sep 2015
Getting saved by the person you are trying to save ftw!
Oct 2, 2015 4:47 PM
Feb 2015
Rockkun said:

She clearly told her parents where she went... How else did Tenma find her?

I really hope the parents didn't die. Mostly because I liked that news reporter guy cause he eventually understood the truth.
Apr 22, 2016 5:25 PM

Jul 2015
Meh, the rescuer get rescued, that felt dumb
May 23, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
Too bad that her foster parents are probably already dead because Johan is already at the castle to "finish" that guy.
Jun 9, 2016 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
That was really smart of Johan to distract Tenma.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.