Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 54 Discussion

Apr 3, 2008 11:50 PM
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was alright... but I didn't really find it funny as I did when I read the corresponding chapter. Anyway, onto a more important topic: Filler arc! It actually looks exciting! I really wanted a change of direction and I'm glad we're going to get one. Is anyone else excited?
Modified by radiantfire, Apr 4, 2008 12:41 AM

Apr 4, 2008 12:01 AM

I myself excited as well,sense I didn't read the manga,so I don't care that much.

Apr 4, 2008 7:21 AM

didn't the show suddenly go widescreen? :)

well it's about time they aired naruto in HD :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

Apr 4, 2008 7:10 PM

:( for fillers...oh well

Apr 4, 2008 7:14 PM

Has it really gone WS or is it just cropped by DB or something? =p Anyone watch the raws? I can't be bothered wasting precious bandwidth on Naruto atm with so many other shows starting this season. >.> Will pick it back up once I've decided on my spring shows and work out how much data is involved.

Apr 4, 2008 8:15 PM

*Shrugs.* Eh...

Apr 4, 2008 8:31 PM

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Shippuuden is so disgustingly slow, that they even need a filler arc to make it even slower!?

Disappointing. Completely disappointing.

Apr 4, 2008 9:29 PM

"Hello, um... gorgeous."

Lol, gotta love how Ino responds *blush*

Apr 4, 2008 9:32 PM

i thought the gags in the manga was funny, so i enjoyed this episode somewhat. i am actually happy for filler.

personally fillers > really stretched out episodes.

Apr 4, 2008 9:48 PM

1. HELL YES widescreen.
2. Thank god for a new op. I was really getting tired of YOU ARE MY FRIEND.

This ep was really interesting, it's nice to see all the old characters again just hanging out. <3 Ino. I have a feeling i'm gonna love this arc.

Apr 4, 2008 10:25 PM

Faust721 said:
personally fillers > really stretched out episodes.

thats what I been thinking the whole time while watching NS. I rather have filler than stretched out eps. unless if the fillers are stretched out too... which I dont even want to imagine.

anyway, as for this 1 hour special. I liked it. it wasnt that slow, in my opinion.
Im so happy that a new arc is starting, I hope they realize its not too late to speed it up.

oh and
SAI <3333

Apr 4, 2008 10:52 PM

All of the shonen I'm watching right now are in filler (up to Bleach ep. 85, MAR 48, and One Piece 54 if you were curious, and yes, they are all filler). Now, I have to say this, have you all forgotten the horrors of the Naruto filler arcs so quickly? Sure, the dragged out arc was annoying, but I'd do ANYTHING to avoid watching more of Pierrot's award-winning (sarcasm) writing. I will be EXTREMEMELY disappointed in Shippuuden if this arc is filler. If so, that does it, I'm done with this show. It can consider itself dropped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 4, 2008 11:16 PM
i foresee a regurgitated version of the jiraya training section.
multiple episode of naruto being flustered over very random steps
trainer explaining what to do for like. 10 minutes
& of course random trips -.-

i really truly hope im wrong =T

Apr 5, 2008 12:22 AM
The manga is so far ahead and they pull out another filler arc, ohh yea and if you think they wont' stretch the episodes when it gets back to cannon you're mistaken. I get the feeling there doing this because the manga looks like it will wrap up soon. Many feel the author as lost his passion for the manga, with how fast everything is moving, looks like he wants to get done with it.

Apr 5, 2008 12:33 AM
lulz, Sai is so cute ♥
yay for HD and new OP, even though YOU ARE MY FRIEND always made me laugh xD
I'm disappointed that a filler arc is necessary even with all the crappy pacing. I don't read the manga or anything, but is it just me, or do the new characters in the OP look very fillery, lol.

Apr 5, 2008 12:34 AM

Hmm, most enjoyable episode since, hmm naruto vs orochi fight. This probably shows that they failed horribly. Or was it because of HD quality, rather not.

Op 3 times better than 'You're my friend. My ass!'

Yes, I'm nowhere near latest eps in manga, so filler arc doesn't bother me.

Apr 5, 2008 12:43 AM

It's been a (big) while, since I've actually enjoyed a Shippuuden episode. I hope this filler arc will be more interesting than the previous cannon episodes. And hopefully, it will allow them to speed up the pace, once this arc finishes.
Like the new OP btw, was getting really tired of "You are my friend".

Apr 5, 2008 12:57 AM
Naruto is a bit too Naive.

He doesn't think at all into the future, only there here and now. I mean that in a bad way too. In all reality he should realize that Sasuke is far more powerful than he, and that bringing him back to konoha without the Kyuubi is impossible. In fact, most everything he's done would have been impossible without the Kyuubi. And now that Naruto has garnered the "I can do anything without my Bijuu" mentality, he would (had I not already read ahead) already be doomed to fail.

Apr 5, 2008 1:25 AM

there we go again ....
ffs again fillers whats up with this crap ...
I just hate them ...
this can be the second time I give up on naruto like I did on the normal naruto with all fillers even give up bleach cause of fillers dont you see ppl stop making those shitty fillers for the love of god xD
damn well hope they are bit good or funny otherwise I fear the worse

Apr 5, 2008 1:57 AM

new op: cheer!
sai's new personalety : cheer
Ino blushing : cheer

I wasnt looking forward to the filler arc but tbh i enjoyed this ep alot. Good humor, some story development and i cant wait to see what kakashi will be teaching naruto :p

Apr 5, 2008 2:06 AM
the episode is Ok, but what`s up with animation and with the picture... It`s AWFUL!!!

Apr 5, 2008 2:14 AM
It's not the fact that it's filler it's the damn watermark on DB release that disturbs me >_>

Apr 5, 2008 2:16 AM

The new opening friggin ROCKS XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 5, 2008 3:20 AM

Sai is adorable, Sasukefied Naruto is <3, but why oh why must they curse us with a dreadful filler????????? do not want!!!

Apr 5, 2008 3:47 AM

This filler arc actually looks interresting, compared to the earlier fillers. So I'm actually looking forward to it :)

Apr 5, 2008 6:42 AM

well it probably wont be pointless littl eevents like the previous ones. maybe the'll do it along with naruto's training too. probably to streach it as far as possible. it should be interesting.

Apr 5, 2008 10:19 AM

im glad that they finally decided to change it to widescreen. i mean, their animation is far too outdated compared to new anime. this has refreshen my outlook for this anime. filler arc, damn... just don't makes this filler more than 12 episodes. meanwhile, the op seems interesting for me, hope to see more asuma in this filler.... before he...

Apr 5, 2008 11:49 AM

the episode was okay. but, filler=nooooo!!!!

Apr 5, 2008 1:30 PM

I'm actually looking forward to some fillers. Hopefully they'll pace the episodes better than what they're doing with the actual story.

This episode was pure win, I lol'd at this chapter in the manga and I did so again at the episode xD

Also downloaded the OP. I love it.

Apr 5, 2008 1:34 PM

I actually liked this episode. 54 at least. The quality is picking up and I never though I'd see inner Sakura again!

The Sai jokes were funny.
I have a small amount of hope Naruto will become good once again. I don't really mind fillers mixed in as long as they are timed right and are good and the fillers do seem promising.
The new OP is also pretty awesome but I miss the old ED :(

Apr 5, 2008 3:18 PM

Loved the new OP, definitely. The whole Sai thing with the nicknames was pretty funny too. And I was glad to see Shikamaru again ^_^

I don't mind having a filler arc too much (especially since it seems team Asuma's gonna be in it), just as long as it's short.

Apr 5, 2008 4:22 PM

This is really a terrible period in this show, but at least I have hope for it now. The return of Kakashi, Naruto resuming training, maybe the involvement of other characters, and new villains...these are good signs for future episodes. I just don't know how many more slow, empty episodes I can watch weekly.

Apr 6, 2008 5:20 PM
the whole reason i was still following Shippuuden was so id know when Hidan and Kakuzu showed up... and i was hopeful itd be soon with the end of the current arc... but NO, theres fillers instead Dx i just want to see Hidan and Kakuzu animated, nab some animated gifs and run... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK??? Dx

i guess it is... :|
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...

Apr 6, 2008 5:27 PM

this sucks men,,,,, filler again damnnnnn WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!

Apr 7, 2008 6:16 AM

Why does everyone keep saying they're fillers? This part is in the manga and so is the future episode. (I don't mean to talk about the manga above, but this confuses me.

It's not the most reliable source, but this says we're entering the Hidan and Kakuzu arc

And, the episodes are speeding up again. They only like slowing it down when they are at climax moments.
Modified by Virgil, Apr 7, 2008 6:32 AM

Apr 7, 2008 6:57 AM

This series is SO ASS-BACKWARDS. They make canon material utterly unwatchable and then they go and introduce filler and suddenly the anime becomes watchable again. WTF. I absolutely hate filler, I avoid it at all costs and yet a part of me is almost sighing with relief at the increased quality on display in this episode.

Utterly baffling.

Virgil said:
Why does everyone keep saying they're fillers? This part is in the manga and so is the future episode. (I don't mean to talk about the manga above, but this confuses me.

It's not the most reliable source, but this says we're entering the Hidan and Kakuzu arc

Although the episode was not filler and the preview also shows non-filler scenes, the characters featured in the OP, and who appear at the end of the episode, are filler characters so there's no doubt at all that filler is on its way. Although this time they might interweave them into the canon story which will either be really good or catastrophic. And not catostrophic in a 'fillers are lame and boring' way but in a 'they've royally screwed Kishimoto's story and backed themselves into a corner and the only way out is to write more filler and screw it let's just do a Rurouni Kenshin season 3 and end this' way.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Apr 7, 2008 8:55 AM

Well, this isn't exactly a whole filler arc. Since, the story in the manga is still there. The filler is inserted into the ORIGINAL STORY from the manga. So they're just adding some screen times of characters that really didn't exist from the manga. Not exactly that I hate fillers, it's a better way to see something that isn't introduce in the manga. I only hate fillers if they are really damn boring. If this filler is not going to be boring, then it is good to have this filler.

Come on guys! If the story itself in the anime won't put fillers but just animate everything in the manga, for us (manga readers) it will be expectively boring! Since, we know what will happen, so this filler is just an exciting way to make us anticipated to what's going to happen next, since we really don't know what's going to happen to that FILLER ARC cause we haven't read that in the manga.

I hope someone is with me in this idea. But yeah, filler really sucks! But exciting too at the same time! ^^

PS. If they make this filler arc really boring, I'm gonna drop a rating to this show again and again.

Apr 7, 2008 9:03 AM

I hate fillers because I'm watching writing from someone who isnt the author. There hasnt been a single filler that has entertained me, they're all going to be subpar because they're not the ones who came up with the original story in the first place. Its not like western superhero comics where many different respectable authors tackle the same material and try to do new things with it. Fillers in anime are probably written by the office junior who just graduated from college, and I know that sounds too ridiculous to be true but you shouldnt be too surprised when you look at the complete lack of quality on display in every single filler in the history of anime.

*and thus the rant came to an end, the crowd were whipped into frenzy, spittle flying from their mouths as they gave the nazi salute and as they did so Cihan's eyes widened in horror at what he had inexplicably awakened in the people, he stepped back from the podium and stumbled to his ass, while covering his face as if he could hide the monster he had created, he screamed, he screamed "NOOOOOOOO!"*
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Apr 7, 2008 12:16 PM

was getting tired of the endless searching for sasuke. glad naruto is going to learn a new technique finally. op was nice. sai is funny. pretty smooth episode.

Dreamt Of You Again
Under The Sakura Tree
Just Like We Promised

CLICK HERE TO SEE ME NAKED

Apr 7, 2008 3:33 PM

Ya'know what, just because so many people are complaining about the filler arc, I'm gonna write the the authors of Naruto and tell them to make so many f***ing fillers that they have to air a filler episode every 5 minutes :P Seriously people, complaining and ranting about how your pissed off about fillers will not help the series out...

However, complaining and ranting about how your pissed off about the people who are complaining and ranting about how they're pissed off about fillers WILL help the series out XD

PS If so many of you people hate fillers how come you vote 3-5 on the little scale thingy, wouldn't you vote like...1?

Apr 7, 2008 4:42 PM
I"m pissed because there is no reason for a filler arc, they have cannon to last a couple years. Why can't more Shounen anime follow the example of one piece, the anime is one arc behind the main story, in the manga.

Apr 7, 2008 8:59 PM
Cihan said:
Fillers in anime are probably written by the office junior who just graduated from college, and I know that sounds too ridiculous to be true but you shouldnt be too surprised when you look at the complete lack of quality on display in every single filler in the history of anime.

That's generally true, but one cannot deny the godliness of One Piece's G8 filler arc :D

Hawaiian420 said:
I"m pissed because there is no reason for a filler arc, they have cannon to last a couple years. Why can't more Shounen anime follow the example of one piece, the anime is one arc behind the main story, in the manga.

Methinks they're trying to milk Naruto as much as they can by dragging it out because apparently the manga appears to be coming to an end (I don't read the manga so don't quote me on this).
Modified by Asuka, Apr 7, 2008 9:03 PM

Apr 8, 2008 2:32 AM
Yes the manga seems to be coming to end, it looks it is being rushed, everything is happing super fast. Also what are they milking the anime is dropping in ratings, and can barely keep in the top 10 each week >.<.

Apr 8, 2008 4:27 AM

Hawaiian420 said:
Yes the manga seems to be coming to end, it looks it is being rushed, everything is happing super fast. Also what are they milking the anime is dropping in ratings, and can barely keep in the top 10 each week >.<.
I think Kishimoto got bored...like the rest of us.

Apr 8, 2008 10:43 AM
Yea he did get bored, and the presure from the top heads aren't helping I bet.

Apr 8, 2008 3:34 PM

Shao said:
Ya'know what, just because so many people are complaining about the filler arc, I'm gonna write the the authors of Naruto and tell them to make so many f***ing fillers that they have to air a filler episode every 5 minutes :P Seriously people, complaining and ranting about how your pissed off about fillers will not help the series out...

They already did that with the regular Naruto o_0

Apr 9, 2008 7:45 PM

They dont want people watching there show, dah.

I mean 2+ years of filler wasnt enough, and the disgusting slow pace of shipuden isnt enough, so they need to make another filler arc, to drop the ratings lower to what they want.

Apr 10, 2008 5:51 AM
Better as the 53 :O

Apr 11, 2008 12:33 AM
I've just seen it but the ending part (after the credits) was kinda strage... Asuma said it was on his treat... Why the hell does Sai have to pay for it?

Apr 11, 2008 12:43 AM

Fhant said:
I've just seen it but the ending part (after the credits) was kinda strage... Asuma said it was on his treat... Why the hell does Sai have to pay for it?

Pay for the damages done to the building?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store