Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 21, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That injury ...ouch. Tough to watch but protrayed in a very realistic way.

Once again, I'm very impressed at how this show is able to protray how real everything looks even for the series' finale. We got Aspira reuniting with her friends again too, which is a pleasant sight to see. I's too bad Sugimoto couldn't get the clear shot he wanted but that scene was chilling.

Another fantastic season imo. 8/10.
Dec 21, 2020 6:27 AM

Mar 2019
What an episode, very violent fights, my boss was worried RestInPissBozo
This whole piss image describes well what the season was to me, it was really bad compared to the first one, also all this russian talking confused me I had to learn the language because I didn't trust what the subtitles were translating. It disappointed me a lot
Also Asirpa was too similar to my ex wife in this season, thats a subjective thought but it killed my enjoyment.
The blindfold scenes reminded me of the "taste day' in middle school, but it wasn't that violent.
Dec 21, 2020 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
IT'S TIME...FOR THE END. To settle all unsolved grievances and see this to fruition.

Kiroranke vs. Koito, Tanigaki and Tsukishima, and the big guy lost his life while withholding his own secrets even to the end. RIP Kiroranke "Aca" Nispa, and Sofia being both discontent and content with your loss.

Love how Sugimoto and Asirpa left Koito just like that, and Gansoku just appeared like a joker for comedic effects LOLS, but finally...everyone is on their way back to Hokkaido (even bringing Svetlana along and sending her off to her own journey with Gansoku before going home).

AND OF COURSE, how can you end Golden Kamuy without some "Hinna Hinna!" with Mosu! But Ogata's one-eyed situation is quite severe, and Sugimoto isn't gonna let him die just yet. The only way to stop him from living is to seal his predicament fate of death, but with too much time lost...

The journey to find the Ainu gold will continue...in the manga. What an ending though @ Chapter 200.
KANLen09Dec 21, 2020 8:42 AM
Dec 21, 2020 6:28 AM

Aug 2017
The last 3 episodes were excellent, I thought it was going to be a normal season and never going to have the quality and twists of the second season but I was wrong! The gathering between all the protagonists and the last unexpected past of Tsurumi were the best part of this season.

8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 21, 2020 6:42 AM

Nov 2010
As the whole story is not designed to end here, the last episode was kind of weak. Obviously, the previous episode was way too strong.
Dec 21, 2020 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
Rip Kiroranke. His last moments got me and I'm glad that he could pass away with a peace of mind.

Such a good episode as whole. Wrapped the arc up nicely and served as transition finale too. Season was a blast overall as well and when the credits started I became all emotional again. Hope we don't have to wait long for more Golden Kamuy greatness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 21, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
9/10 overall and my 3rd favorite anime of the year behind Major 2nd Season 2 and Dorohedoro.

A great end to what has been a great season again for this very consistent franchise. One of the highlights of the year for sure, and for 3 full seasons without a dip in quality in writing and characterization is amazing to say the least, especially for a manga that only started a few years ago. RIP Kiroranke, and fuck Ogata. Glad to see Sugimoto and Asirpa finally back together and be partners again. They were separated for most of the season but that only helped in fleshing out the supporting characters a lot more and have stories surrounding Wilk's backstory told that helped the narrative flourish even further in this arc. Comedy was not quite as up there with the first two seasons but the more serious content thrived for me with some real intensity and great sense of pacing and excitement it. Gonna miss these guys (except Ogata ofc but we'll meet him again someday where Sugimoto can hopefully take him out).
Dec 21, 2020 8:40 AM
Sep 2015
While I'm glad that it doesn't end with a big cliffhanger like season 2, I still want to see the story until the very end. Golden Kamuy puts lovable characters into the twisted fate.
Dec 21, 2020 8:43 AM

Sep 2019
I liked the previous seasons of Golden Kamuy but this season was way better. I had fun every single episode. The fight scenes were well-directed and they looked great. This season managed to achieve the perfect balance between action and comedy. Golden Kamuy 3rd Season was definitely one of the best shows of this season. It's a high 8/10 from me.
Dec 21, 2020 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
Spin off series when?

Dec 21, 2020 8:57 AM
Oct 2016
Third season come to a close with a great resolution while still leaving the door open for more adventures to come. This latest season has definitely been the best yet. It feels like the characters have all been put in their right positions to make everything excel. After that season two ending things were shaken up a lot adding tons of tension to how events could proceed forward. Season three showed us many great !moments between the three major groups. Especially the two groups lead by Sugimoto and Kiroranke. Both pivotal forces in the story with Kiroranke trying to manipulate Asirpa to remembering infrastructure her father told her while Sugimoto was desperately trying to save her from Kiroranke clutches.

From the stenka to the circus to learning more about minority cultures at the Japanese and Russian border, to hearing more Russian in a show than I've ever heard before, to a prison break, to a dementia samurai, to an ice lake battle. I loved ever moment of this season with the intense moments equalling the comedic ones. So many instances of cheering and laughing in the same episode, all leading to that crazy conclusion we just witnessed. Ogata fleeing leaving a major piece on the board. This season was wild and I loved every minute. This cast is great and this show is a whole nother experience than anything else. Hoping we get a season four one day!

95/100
Dec 21, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
RIP Kiroranke, his last moments got me. Motherfucker Ogata managed to escape, what a character! xD.

Ah, such a great season. A different experience with Sugimoto and Asirpa separate but both POVs managed to stay interesting and fun. Very surprised with Tsukishima and Koito, I had my doubts with them but they ended up being pretty nice additions to the group. Golden Kamuy really excels when it comes to characters.

I'm tempted to say that this was my AOTS but it is tough when this season there were quite a few shows that I really liked so... At least one thing is for sure, I would absolutely like to see more of this story so I'm hoping for a season 4.
Dec 21, 2020 9:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad for Kiroranke and omg that twist with Ogata! Damn this season was just incredible! Really a masterpiece for me, I hope for S4, this anime is better and better
Dec 21, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2018
Farewell Kiroronke, you will be miss.
Great closing episode for season 3.
That was close Ogata. Too bad he escape.
Another chapter will start and when is season 4?

Its an 8/10 final rating.
Dec 21, 2020 9:43 AM

Mar 2016
7.5/10

It was a solid season overall like with the previous ones, but the reason I'm not with most people in the OP thread here about this being the best season was that I got quite lulled by the amount of side characters and "quests" and beating around the bush plot-wise up until the last few parts, even though I know they were supposed to add to the recurring characters' background. It felt jarring to me, personally, considering that I wasn't sure if the story really needed them that badly.

Nevertheless I thought the last couple of episodes rectified things, though not enough for 8/10. Will be looking forward to possible season 4.
Dec 21, 2020 9:47 AM

Apr 2020
My favorite of this season. This show has been great since the beginning 9/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 21, 2020 9:56 AM

Jan 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That injury ...ouch. Tough to watch but protrayed in a very realistic way.

Once again, I'm very impressed at how this show is able to protray how real everything looks even for the series' finale. We got Aspira reuniting with her friends again too, which is a pleasant sight to see. I's too bad Sugimoto couldn't get the clear shot he wanted but that scene was chilling.

Another fantastic season imo. 8/10.

I want to read your final review of s3
Dec 21, 2020 10:03 AM

Apr 2020
"i'm renewing our contract as partners" T⌣T

so emotional episode and impresive season finale
Kirokanke's last fight giving his all to the end and Lieutenant Koito was not far behind. luckily there were also moments of wholesome emotions, rest, meal. i didnt expect to see Gansoku again, such a hilarious character. in add gave us a nice view of how his journey with Svetlana continues.

and while Sugimoto fought in fear for Ogata to survive, he's still tough af even to knock out a person and steal a horse lol
am already waiting for the next season ♥______♥

Dec 21, 2020 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
We got an amazing finale to end this season, really thought Ogata was dying there but then he pulled that off, dat madman. Thou Kiroranke is dead for good, that's one nuisance gone. Koito cutting the grenade scene was cool af.

Sugimoto renewed his contract with Asiripa and their journey continues. Great season overall and one of the few animes I gave 9/10 this year.
Dec 21, 2020 10:10 AM
Mar 2015
So Kiroanke dies and Ogata gets away Sugimoto vows to get Aspira out of this mess he does not convey her father's wish that she lead the Ainu fight
Dec 21, 2020 11:00 AM

May 2016
I still don't know why Kiroranke killed Aca... Sofia was acting strange as well they are hiding
tons of secrets and I like this a lot makes more excited for new season.

episode wise not as good as last one but fair enough.

really good season I would rate it solid 8.5 maybe 9.
Dec 21, 2020 11:48 AM
Jun 2016
I am still sad that not too many people are watching this fabulous show which has a lot of realistic settings. This season finale was just amazingly done no words I am speechless to know how unique it is. We got BANYA scene from Asripa journey and Damn that Shiraishi Thick ass and Ogata Thigh 👌. Overall we also got to see sniper v sniper, Naked poses, Tsurumi backstory and breaking the 4th wall reveal, Sugimoto and Shirashi reunion and catching up with Asripa to enjoy quality clean showers. Best anime of the year 2020! JJK, AOT, GOH? These so called mainstream anime is the reason that people don't watch other amazing shows like Deca Dence, Pet, ID Invaded and this (GOLDEN KAMUY) and I absolutely hate this thing about anime belng mainstream.
Animer_manDec 21, 2020 11:59 AM
Dec 21, 2020 11:59 AM

Feb 2017
An excellent season, hoping for more eventually. Now I really need to start the manga.
Dec 21, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
Rip Kiroranke, with the injuries he got last week, I had already the feeling he wasn't going to make it out alive. That stab in the neck this week really did him in though. RIP.

Impressive season, especially the latter half had me sit on the edge of my seat during the final few episodes. So tense and the story just kept on delivering with it's twist and turns.

9/10, Hope a 4th season will be announced soon!!
Dec 21, 2020 12:40 PM

Feb 2014
He might've been a villain, but he was an intriguing character all the way to his death. RIP, Kiroranke, as you'll be missed.

Ogata's plan to escape, despite his injuries, was ballsy, and one that somehow did work, which surprised everyone. Sugimoto's face at the end when Ogata rode off into the distance, vowing to kill him in the future, was a bit scary, though. ^_^;

Overall, I have to rate this 3rd season at a 9/10. The tension that this season had to offer was great, and the same can go for the impressive backstories for our cast, especially Kiroranke, Sofia and Wilk.

I don't care if the odds of it happening are low, but I want a 4th season already. =3
Dec 21, 2020 1:10 PM

Oct 2016
Top 5 anime. Season 4 when?

Ogata setting himself up as the final boss of the show.
Dec 21, 2020 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
RIP Kiroranke.
That sneaky bastard Ogata ran away, goddamn!

And so my AOTY is over. What an amazing show! This season has been absolutely great.
I can't wait until season 4! I need to start the manga!
Dec 21, 2020 1:39 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
RIP Kiroranke, your journey ends on a glacier surrounded by ice. That bastard Ogata managed to escape despite his injuries, but Sugimoto vowed to take him down the next time he sees him. Asripa and Sugimoto are back to working together again as they race to find the gold before Tsurumi's group gets to it first.

I give this sequel a 9/10 and if there is no announcement for a fourth season, then I have no choice but to read the manga. A strong contender for anime of the season besides JJK.
Dec 21, 2020 1:42 PM

Feb 2015
This show never holds back, season 3 has been brilliant. One of the most compelling stories I've seen in an anime. 9/10
Dec 21, 2020 1:47 PM

Jan 2017
And with this season, Golden Kamuy went from being in my top 10 anime of all time to my top 5, and my favourite of the year. Really hoping for a season 4, but I'll probably read the manga anyways.

Ogata is really the epitome of characters you love to hate, and I'm SO glad Koito survived a possibly deadly situation TWICE, he's amazing too.
Actually, pretty much every character in this series is amazing, and that's a quality that all of my favourite anime have.
*laughs in Dimple*
Dec 21, 2020 2:05 PM

Mar 2018
last couple episodes have been brutal and amazing at the same time, seemed like kiroranke vs the world lol and ogata got away a little to easy too

such a shame that this show is overlooked by a lot of people they're missing out. i look forward to this show almost more than anything else airing in the season.

cant wait to see what happens in s4
Dec 21, 2020 2:22 PM

Aug 2019
Ogata you slick bastard. This season definitely brought him into the limelight and I really appreciate it -- such a badass character.

Now we can only hope for a season 4 announcement to look forward to.
Dec 21, 2020 2:48 PM

May 2011
Golden Kamuy continues to be great.I really hope we get a season 4 too.
''I was dead serious''

Dec 21, 2020 3:07 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
ogata is such a beast!
we need season 4 and if it won't happen i guess i'll transition to the manga at some point, i really hope there is some flashback concerning kiroranke in the future of the series as i'm not ready to say goodbye, not to him and not to golden kamuy.
great season overall that continues the greatness that is golden kamuy, hinna hinna and see you next time ainu cowboy.
Dec 21, 2020 3:13 PM

Jun 2016
No cliffhanger, no epic fight but a escape that's so decisive that let me utterly curious about will happen. Golden Kamuy as always amazing, great fights, great cooking and penis jokes and already have a spot on my top 20 for sure. 4TH SEASON, COME FORTH!!! BOKIIIIIII!
Dec 21, 2020 3:18 PM
May 2019
9/10, Hope a 4th season will be announced soon!!
Dec 21, 2020 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
Another great season of Golden Kamuy unfortunately comes to an end. RIP Kiroranke, despite his intentions it's still sad to see him go. Just shows how good this show is at making you care for most of the cast. Ogata just won't let death overtake him, he somehow managed to narrowly escape and is now on the run. So much great setup for future events and I hope we get to see those events in a 4th season. Until then, whenever that day (hopefully) comes, peace out Golden Kamuy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 21, 2020 4:39 PM

Jan 2018
Another Fantastic season of Golden Kamuy, and to me, the best. I love this show all around.

Also, for everyone that is worried because the show just ended and they did not immediately announce a season 4, they announced season 3 a whole 7 months after season 2 ended, and it took almost a year and a half to come out after that. Don't lose hope!
Dec 21, 2020 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
the manga is in climax as well so the wait for season 4 won't be so long.
Dec 21, 2020 5:28 PM

Apr 2018
Glordit said:
Spin off series when?

I want this so bad! But first I want a fourth season announcement.

Probably my AOTY. Either this one, Keep Your Hands of Eizouken or Ascendance of a Bookworm.
Dec 21, 2020 5:51 PM
Jun 2017
love this final episode... and we even have some death on it...

im not sure of this one will have a season 4 but im going to be happy if there will be
Dec 21, 2020 5:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh man, what an intensed final.

That close combat risking lives between Kiroranke and Koito. That effort to killed each others. For the end, Kiroranke just officially lost. He suffer a great damage at his neck and then got shot after that. But he was right, even though there was a dang pointless action some where, still, his purpose to brought back Asirpa just succeeded. Its gained not for nothing, Kiro-chan. Your contribution, and the death were just very welcome. And ofc, you were just unlucky by meeting such a bad meet like that. So, yeah, at the end, rest in peace, you warrior.

Sofia still alived? Thats a good news! I thought she might be suicide after watching a bad fortune of Kiroranke. But, its looked like she could move on, While carrying those information alone with her. Hah that teasing about those two. I am now remember curious with their story at russia. But, well, lets save it for another time.

Okay, the important part where Ogata surprisingly came back alive from his crisis. Damn, what a persistent man! And he proved himself to be decent enough as an important character at Golden Kamuy huge journeys. Unironically i am proud much with his characterization. He deserved that kind of revival xD.

Ogata, be well enough already. So that Sugimoto will gladly kill you without any hesitations! End of lines. But the story still continues. The mystery behind the Ainu's gold. The mystery behind Asirpa's code. And how this masterpiece will end. I will be waiting patiently for another season, and obviously with the OVA too.

easy 10/10 for this one!

Thats it all from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 21, 2020 6:35 PM
Nov 2018
Season 3 has been such a treat. This just keeps on getting better and better! So many cool moments. Visually seems to be the best it has ever been. Rip kiroranke. Season 4 when???
Dec 21, 2020 6:55 PM

Jun 2016
darkling692 said:
Glordit said:
Spin off series when?

I want this so bad! But first I want a fourth season announcement.

Probably my AOTY. Either this one, Keep Your Hands of Eizouken or Ascendance of a Bookworm.

It'd be really really nice, i'd even pay to watch this
Dec 21, 2020 7:03 PM

Apr 2020
Glordit said:
Spin off series when?

I hope so. This would be hilarious.
Dec 21, 2020 7:49 PM

Aug 2019
god out of all the shows that have aired in the past couple seasons this and the Toaru series are the two series I really hope get a sequel more than anything else
Dec 21, 2020 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
Watching Kiroranke lying there bleeding out, delirious and suddenly calling out Sofia's name as he lay dying was really sad.

I loved the blatant spin off tease.

Shoot first, think never.
Dec 21, 2020 8:43 PM
Feb 2018

Solid episode.
R.I.P Kiroranke
Sugimoto's happy face when he said "Come back when your'e better then I'll kill you" was the best

I'm hoping for S4 announcement.
Dec 21, 2020 9:56 PM

Jul 2016
And that’s it for Kiroranke in the story. He sure fought with all his might but after receiving such severe injuries, his death was just a matter of time. It’s still a shame he died tho, since I found his character truly intriguing. His last moments were quite moving and particularly speaking, I loved the part with Shiraishi covering his body with ice blocks while explaining how he would become one with the water of his homeland. Quite the heartfelt sequence indeed.

As for the rest of the episode, Ogata managed to escape and now we have a naked lunatic riding a horse to who knows where xD For a moment, I seriously thought he would die as well, considering how determinate Sugimoto was when he entered his room but I should have known better in the end. Well, guess we still have Ogata for a couple more episodes then.

This said, excellent final episode as well as perfect way to conclude an overall outstanding third season. It has been such a thrilling ride in which I enjoyed every single episode to the fullest so of course, it’s kinda sad to know it’s the end for now.
Learning more about both Wilk and Kiroranke’s backgrounds was truly interesting and the exact same can be said about all the new information we got concerning the situation of the Ainu minorities as well as the general context regarding the Russian-Japanese war.
Action, tension, “feels” and comedy were also perfectly balanced for the most time and as for production values, they remained as consistent as in season 2 but if I’m completely honest, as long as the writing remains this solid, I couldn't care less about animation and the likes of it.

Now, my only “complain” about the show would be its two or three times where the comedy didn't blend well with the overall serious context. Those moments being Sugimoto’s ridiculous photo scene, which was placed right after the heartfelt talk and eventual promise to Svetlana’s parents of finding their daughter and the other scene being, of course, the “golden shower” one from last episode. But other than that, this third season ended up being almost perfect in my book.

9,5/10 -> 9/10 – Easily best anime of this season and contender for AOTY as well. Really hoping for a fourth season announcement but as for now, I’m sure as hell I’m gonna miss this wonderful group of characters.
SouthRzVaDec 21, 2020 10:13 PM
Dec 21, 2020 11:24 PM

Nov 2019
"I'm renewing our contract as partners".

Golden Kamuy is a perfect masterpiece, filled with suspenseful minutes and character development .
I'm waiting for new season.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2020

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2020

61 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

120 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

50 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2020

57 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.