Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Dec 23, 2020 7:42 AM

Sep 2020
Trying my hardest not to go on the wiki and see if that really killed junpei but I think I already know the answer :(
Dec 23, 2020 7:01 PM
Oct 2015
The voice acting in this episode... was something else. "The next words that spilled from my lips came from so deep within my gut that it nearly made all the things I've ever said feel like a lie"... Damn.
Dec 23, 2020 8:54 PM

Jul 2016
So is Junpei actually dead? I mean, the series already killed Yuuji once so I still have my doubts there. Not to mention that having an entire arc focused on a new character only to get rid of him immediately after would be kinda disappointing to say the least.

Anyways, another entertaining episode in terms of action. It's a shame Mahito is becoming less and less interesting with each passing week tho.
Dec 24, 2020 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
Holy, this episode was amazing omgggg, had my heart pounding there was so much in it
Dec 24, 2020 10:11 PM

Oct 2019
Expectation, subversion! Junpei's death definitely caught me off guard. I wasn't sure how to feel about it at first, but now I can say this-
this is definitely anime of the season.
Dec 25, 2020 9:20 AM
Nov 2020
الحلقه ذي كانت اجمل حلقه بالانمي البطل فقع وجه الشرير
Dec 25, 2020 10:59 AM
Jun 2019
I hate both Mahito and Junpei since they both wanted to kill people for their goals or satisfaction and that doesn't I mean I support this act of killing... those who kill the innocent shall be punished!!!

Mahito has manipulated and used Junpei let's see how the Jujutsu sorcerer deal with him.

Looking forward for more!
Dec 25, 2020 7:14 PM
Apr 2020
Zener said:
Muzan2020 said:
To manga readers out there. Stop spoiling the story ffs.

Yeah and anime-onlies,don't repeat what you got spoiled in this thread,so that other anime-onlies do not get spoiled.FFS,I opened this thread sorted by latest reply and first thing I see is you spoiling shit.I mean spoiler tags are made for a reason.If they don't use brain doesn't mean you should also not.
Lol sorry, i wasn't paying attention

Dec 26, 2020 12:11 AM

Aug 2019
lots of action this episode, F for Yoshino. By the time he realised what he was saying and doing, Mahito got his ass good. Rn everything so far seems to be falling into Mahito and the other sorcerers plan, unless Itadori can compromise, i don't know how he'll get outta this one.

Sukuna god damn, when it's a battle of whos the better antagonist, Sukuna knows how to play. Dude went from pointing and laughing at Itadori with Mahito, to giving Mahito first hand PTSD for the rest of his life.

Nanami coming in clutch last minute. Although Itadori might have taken 2 hits from Yoshino's curse and probably has poison following through his veins, many puncture wounds to his hands and probably a few to his vital organs as well as minor blunt force trauma, my predictions would be that fucking concrete boulder Mahito transformed his arm into, would knock Itadori out cold at best.
Looking forward to what happens next.
Dec 26, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2008
Rage Yuji is the best Yuji.
Dec 26, 2020 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
episode was tense I was sad about junpei transformation
Dec 26, 2020 5:50 PM

Aug 2019
Bro, ANIME OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE. What a fucking good episode, i'm holding myself so much to not watch the next one now.

I knew this was gonna be fire, but holyyyyyy
Dec 26, 2020 8:52 PM

Sep 2020
I wasn't expecting Junpei to die

that was such a rough episode
Dec 26, 2020 11:10 PM

Aug 2017
This was definitely one of the best episodes of this series.

I really feel bad for Junpei. He didn't deserve to die.
I really hoped for this to happen:

Also, Itadori snapped. He said the words he swore he'd never say. Damn!!

Definitely a 10/10 Episode!!

Jan 4, 2021 4:58 AM

Mar 2010
Sukuna is boss. Nanamin shows up to save the day and how sad, Junpei died.
Jan 4, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
Mahito has shown his true color to Junpei who have realized waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to late how bad of a being Mahito really is. It's so easy to manipulate someone who is in pain, especially one that believes everything told to him. This is his downfall, Junpei and his mother's death. Man seeing the OP over and over again and seeing Junpei hanging out with the Jujutsu students together made me wish such a thing will come true. But reality says otherwise as what's left of Junpei breath out his last comprehensible word... "Why?"

A friend's death, the failure to save these 2 individuals and the fact that the curse he used to rely on are laughing alongside his current enemy at Yuuji himself... This is the kind of furious rage that boils your blood

Yuuji's punch to Mahito is so goddamn satisfying, as a curse with immense power and versatile power, he still holds the advantage over Yuuji even if Yuuji could directly affect the soul. But nothing stops Yuuji from beating the shit outta Mahito's scarred face. The fuck outta here with your playdough-like human editor mode. That shit won't work on Yuuji!

This is the most intense fight so far, with the most amount of emotion involved as well. I love it.
Jan 24, 2021 5:58 AM

Jan 2021
By the looks of Mahito's plan, Yuji hasn't made a pact with Sukuna yet??? I thought healing his heart was part of the plan or are people capable of making multiple pacts with a curse?

I wanna spoil myself so bad to see if Junpei's actually dead or not because introducing a new character only to kill him a few episodes later is just..... I do like the whole structure of this arc though. It just lacks enough buildup to effectively make an impact on the viewers.

I do like that part where Sukuna was laughing at Yuji begging him for help though. At least we know this guy doesn't just pop out to save the day. For now that is.

Fight was great per usual.
Jan 24, 2021 6:44 AM

Jan 2018
Hound-of-MAL said:
because introducing a new character only to kill him a few episodes later is just..... I do like the whole structure of this arc though. It just lacks enough buildup to effectively make an impact on the viewers.

What's wrong with killing a character after a few episodes? If that said character's arc is done, if he wasn't meant to be important and if the death pushs the story forward then
there's no reason to keep the character around just for the sake of it. I don't think there is a predefined number of episodes necessary before killing a character.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 24, 2021 6:47 AM

Jan 2021
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Hound-of-MAL said:
because introducing a new character only to kill him a few episodes later is just..... I do like the whole structure of this arc though. It just lacks enough buildup to effectively make an impact on the viewers.

What's wrong with killing a character after a few episodes? If that said character's arc is done, if he wasn't meant to be important and if the death pushs the story forward then
there's no reason to keep the character around just for the sake of it. I don't think there is a predefined number of episodes necessary before killing a character.

If you like characters being reduced to mere plot devices then more power to you babe.
Jan 24, 2021 6:50 AM

Jan 2018
Hound-of-MAL said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

If you like characters being reduced to mere plot devices then more power to you babe.

Everything in a story is plot device
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Jan 2021
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Hound-of-MAL said:

And just like any other medium of storytelling, depends on how well-executed it is.
Jan 24, 2021 7:03 AM

Jan 2018
Hound-of-MAL said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

And just like any other medium of storytelling, depends on how well-executed it is.

Exactly, and when something in a story isn't needed anymore you get rid of it, like Junpei, who is a tragic character
Jan 24, 2021 7:09 AM

Jan 2021
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Hound-of-MAL said:

Exactly, and when something in a story isn't needed anymore you get rid of it, like Junpei, who is a tragic character

Which pretty much constitutes what a cheap plot device is and takes back to my first point.
Jan 24, 2021 7:14 AM

Jan 2018
Hound-of-MAL said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Which pretty much constitutes what a cheap plot device is and takes back to my first point.

A plot device that accomplishes its purpose and is well executed isn't cheap, but whatever
Jan 24, 2021 7:57 AM

Jan 2021
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Hound-of-MAL said:

A plot device that accomplishes its purpose and is well executed isn't cheap, but whatever

Well duh... if didn't accomplish anything, it wouldn't be a plot device in the first place. Execution is debatable but I'll just leave it at that. You do you.
Jan 24, 2021 8:03 AM

Jan 2018
Hound-of-MAL said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Well duh... if didn't accomplish anything, it wouldn't be a plot device in the first place. Execution is debatable but I'll just leave it at that. You do you.

woah, plot devices can have different purpose, here it's too push the plots forward, if the execution failed and didn't accomplished anything it wouldn't have change the fact that Junpei is a plot device even if his death didn't have any impact( and this is what a cheap plot device is). Yeah leave it at that, bye.
Feb 2, 2021 11:54 AM

Aug 2017
Looks like the opening trolled me. Junpei was going to join to the Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School according to the opening but in the end he died.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 10, 2021 1:16 PM

Oct 2013
Junpei :'( fuck, as a side character, he was so cool, too. aaaaargh.

Mahito trying to touch Sukuna's soul gave me chills. What a cool ass moment that was.

I'm 12 episodes into this shit and it is still RIDICULOUSLY cool. If this was mere novelty, it would've worn off. This show is clearly the real deal and will cement itself in the upper echelon of shounen.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 12, 2021 12:16 AM
Sep 2020
Best episode so far🔥🔥
Feb 12, 2021 12:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That confrontation with Sukuna was so damn satisfying.
Feb 20, 2021 2:23 PM
Feb 2021
I loved this episode so much. Best episode so far!
Mar 2, 2021 5:41 AM
Jul 2020
what a great episode. My boi Junpei though;-;, I liked him a lot and thought he'll join the squad given that he was in the opening, but in very the end, he got killed instead. What a tragedy...

The talk between right and wrong etc got me very emotional because I can, someways, relate.
SadBoiTimeMar 2, 2021 5:47 AM
Mar 5, 2021 12:50 PM
Aug 2019
Damn man..... Junpei and Yuji deserved such a good friendship and school life together. They deserved all the happiness because they both are such good boys.

His death made me cry and hate that bastard Mahito more. Also, Sukuna and Mahito are on the same level of bastardy. At least, he hasn't used the pact yet...probably waiting for the right time.

The fight is fucking amazing, Yuji's raw rage coming out and how versatile Mahito's technique is. Does make for some terrific direction in this fight.

Nanami for the save, too! Teacher & student vs incarnation of human's hatred and envy.
Mar 6, 2021 8:00 PM

Jul 2010
Dang Mahito killed the homie Junpei kinda grew to like him RIP. Great episode really liking this anime.
Mar 14, 2021 8:42 AM
Mar 2021
I'm so happy that it looked like Mahito was getting his ass kicked because he deserved it. This episode had more emotionally driven scenes and I'm excited to see Nanami and Yuuji vs Mahito
Mar 15, 2021 11:07 PM
Dec 2020
Great ass episode. Action packed and still rip dudes Mom. Yuji turned up that’s what I like to see. I don’t think they’ll be able to exorcise him but sukuna still is badass I got hella respect for him.
Mar 16, 2021 2:53 AM
Sep 2018
what a episode, it was funny, I take a lot of fun to watch jujutsu
Mar 23, 2021 10:47 AM

Dec 2015
Man, I didn't expect both of them to die. Goddamn it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 25, 2021 12:26 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was brutal! o_o; Dang, love the way Sukuna showed Mahito who's the boss XDD

Also, R.I.P Junpei and mom :( what a tragic death.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 26, 2021 4:32 PM

Mar 2019
I love Nanami SOOO much. His VA fits perfectly, couldn't have found a better one. And his character is just amazing.

Now, the important part of this episode, Junpei. Poor kid, the fact that Yuuji stopped and listened to what happened was the best choice but what came next was horrible. Well, can't expect more from a curse after all (Mahito).
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 1, 2021 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
I refuse to believe Junpei is dead :C
Apr 5, 2021 12:18 AM

Aug 2018
rip Junpei
Nanami is so cool

Apr 5, 2021 12:49 PM

Mar 2020
damn this shit was fucked up
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 10, 2021 1:45 AM

Dec 2009
Awesome episode, I really was surprised when Mahito killed Junpei because the opening always showed Junpei with Yuuji at the end so I thought he had plot Armor haha silly me.

Great move from Mappa though, fake spoil with opening is not something I've seen much in animes but should be done more often !

I must admit I laughed a bit with Sukuna and Mahito after Junpei's death because really thinking a devil spirit would help humans was really silly from Yuuji.

I'm glad the author had this idea for the plot, Junpei's character was awesome but his death serves the plot right to reminisce that they're fighting against evil forces beyond human understandings and should not be treated as lightly as Yuuji previously thought.
Apr 12, 2021 9:28 PM
Oct 2019
wtf is wrong with all you weirdos that actually liked that little bitch kid? i was happy when he was disfigured and died. he deserved death

Apr 20, 2021 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
Poor Junpei, why'd he have to die :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 21, 2021 8:44 PM

Jan 2016
Can't wait for Mahito to die. I appreciate Sakuna a bit more for putting him in his place. Poor Junpei :(
Sulfur2Apr 21, 2021 9:10 PM
Apr 25, 2021 1:00 AM

Aug 2015
The opening lied to us DX! Junpei DX!!! T^T It's not fair. I was already sad when they showed the scars from when he was bullied...then all that happened to them. And then they show us Junpei if he would have joined Jujutsu high </3 (Also, his jellyfish shikigami was pretty).

Mahito is hot, but yes, exorcise his *ss.

(side note: Sukuna looked good when he was looking down at Mahito XD )
mangocutiesApr 25, 2021 1:23 PM
Apr 29, 2021 8:20 AM

Aug 2017
Honestly don't care for the bullies. Bullying is something that destroys a human being from within. Junpei's death was crazy in the sense that he didn't have any happy memories in his life. He got bullied to the extreme, and when he finally got the chance to really live a happy life, he dies in one of the most miserable ways.
May 17, 2021 3:31 PM
Jan 2020
Mahito's weakness against Yuji is really inconsistent. One time, Yuji punches Mahito's soul and he's troubled that he can't regenerate, another time, Yuji inflicts fatal wounds to Mahito's soul and he shrugged it off like any other attack.

Even if Mahito's shapeshifting doesn't have a mass limit, that means he should have just made a million of himself to gang up on Yuji.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Yesterday, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.