Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2020 5:59 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So we kinda got an open harem ending for the final chapter ig XD. All of them together for one last time. Lol poor Nariyuki fainted after all of them were on top of him during the fest and wow all of them were holding his hand. Also the fireworks rumor was started by Teruaki huh.

All the girls had thoughts of their own route in the last few pages. Btw don't get distracted by that and think that the routes upto now were some sort of dream or something alike. Tsutsui himself has confirmed that all the routes are canon and it's upto us readers to decide which route is canon for us. So yes those stuff happened. Basically think of the routes as alternate worlds. This chapter also started by saying "We still have one more story of another world". So if this doesn't make it clear to you then u r just dumb.

Anyway a lovely harem manga overall. God bless Tsutsui for giving us alternate routes and specially for giving Mafuyu sensei magnificent chapters. Mafuyu sensei will always be one of my fav waifus.

8/10 from me just cause Mafuyu got such a wonderful ending. That said Sayonara to Bokuben, gonna miss Sensei a lot.

Edit: The color pages were beautiful.
Final route ranking:
1.Mafuyu Sensei
2.Asumi senpai
3.Fumino
4.Rizu
5.Uruka
MegamiRemDec 20, 2020 11:48 PM
Dec 18, 2020 5:44 PM

Jan 2018
So, everything were justvtge fantasies of the girls lol and don't try to convince me otherwise cause i ain't gonna lmfao and people were saying it has better ending than quintuples.
Dec 18, 2020 7:36 PM

Feb 2008
About what I expected, but as far as I'm concerned the true ending happened at chapter 186.
Dec 18, 2020 7:46 PM
Jan 2016
I wouldn't call it an open harem ending. This ending is mainly a 6/5 route to reinforce the possibility of futures Nariyuki has with the girls. That being said, it has been a gerat 3 year journey. I love that Taishi lets us see all the other girls routes. A 9/10 for me
Dec 18, 2020 9:24 PM
May 2020
Congintive said:
So, everything were justvtge fantasies of the girls lol and don't try to convince me otherwise cause i ain't gonna lmfao and people were saying it has better ending than quintuples.

No, I understand that this was an alternative scenario where Nariyuki didn't take any girl. It's a way from the author to say goodbye
Dec 18, 2020 10:54 PM

Oct 2017
Congintive said:
If u gonna play salty and blind then ofc no one can convince u mate. Unless u r trolling ofc.
Dec 19, 2020 7:54 AM

Jan 2018
MegamiRem said:
Congintive said:
If u gonna play salty and blind then ofc no one can convince u mate. Unless u r trolling ofc.

Well, I've been really salty since uruka won and yes i think im blind because im gonna belive what i see.
Dec 19, 2020 2:08 PM
Dec 2016
I honestly would have liked Mafuyu to win and that's it, but the author made routes, which I liked better than just winning one, I must admit that I cried on several of the routes, if I'm a crybab,
Dec 19, 2020 2:10 PM
Dec 2016
I honestly liked that everyone has their route, of course, I would have liked him to win only Mafuyu, but I would have found it somewhat unfair to others, crying on several routes (yes, I am a crybaby), in any case, with this last cap leaves us with open ending that does not seem bad, enjoy reading it to the end, it is not bad end, so I give it an 8.5
Dec 20, 2020 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Loved this. So this is like the true (?) timeline on the series and the fans are free to choose any route as canon. The author is a legend for this
Dec 20, 2020 8:11 AM

Mar 2015
i love how each route give different insight to each character. of course it has up and down. but overall, very satisfying with ending. very nice romcom. stand on it's own. final decision 9/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 20, 2020 8:15 AM
Aug 2016
Decent romcom. I'm just gonna give 7.5 for the Asumi route, which was easily the better arc in the entire manga. Otherwise it would've been a 7. Some good arcs, some bad arc, 3 routes outta 5 were really mediocre and it questions me how can Tsutsui write something so bad and then something so good. Misteries...
Not gonna miss this manga a lot, aside from Asumi and Mafuyu.
Dec 20, 2020 8:17 AM
May 2017
So it's been a journey. It's not the best harem manga but i still enjoy some parts of it.

My route ranks are definitely : 1. Mafuyu, 2. Ashumi, 3. Fumino, 4. Rizu, 5. The worst girl

Dec 20, 2020 8:33 AM

Jan 2017
Welp. I guess it concludes to that. T'was a good run. Still would've preferred a single ending where yuiga gets to choose a girl. Not really a fan of harem endings, but I guess Tsutsui did leave a good harem ending at least. 7/10

Best girl would be: Sensei>Fumino=Senpai>>Rizu>>>>>Uruka

Best route would be: Sensei>Senpai>Fumino>Uruka>Rizu
Dec 20, 2020 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Ye, this has been quite a journey. I didn't care about which girl would win in the end or routes but it has been an entertaining ride even with this sort of ending.

Dec 20, 2020 8:34 AM

Jan 2016
And so it ends, honestly it was a really nice chapter to end if off.

Been reading this weekly since it came out in 2017 so this is kinda bittersweet. But it's been a fun Manga, even though it started to drag out a bit, the decision to make routes is a decision I whole heartedly agree with and I'm glad tsutsui did this.

Route ranking:

1. Asumi
2. Fumino
3. Mafuyu
>>>>>>>>>>
4. Uruka
5. Rizu

The Uruka and Rizu routes where garbage but the 3 other were good, Asumis route being the standout writingwise even though she was my 3rd best girl behind Fumino and Sensei

Can't wait to see what Tsutsui brings us next, but first he needs a good well deserved rest!

7/10
Dec 20, 2020 8:36 AM

Nov 2010
This has been a long journey. Absolutely loved the decision of making separate routes for all the heroines. I will definitely miss this series.
Final ranking for the heroines: Sensei > Fumino > Senpai > Rizu > Uruka

For me, this was one of the most satisfying endings for a harem series. Looking forward to the author's next work.

9/10
Rinji-Dec 20, 2020 8:56 AM
Dec 20, 2020 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
They played it way too safe with going down this route, never liked the manga at all but it just felt like a waste of time with this '6th route' option. At least it's over now.
Dec 20, 2020 8:48 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Personally, this wasn't the best final chapter I could've imagined, but it was still a nice way to wrap up this manga.

It feels really weird to see this manga finally be finished. It's definitely a manga that I didn't think I would enjoy so much. Also, I don't know if the route endings is something completely ground-breaking, but I found it to have been the perfect way to finish this manga off.

Overall, it was a really fun manga, and although this chapter wasn't great, it was still very sweet seeing everyone together for one last time.
Dec 20, 2020 8:51 AM

Feb 2019
Sad that one of my fave manga has finally ended, but I’m glad I got to experience it together with all of you. Every week for over 3 years. The ups and the downs. It’s been a pleasure. 10/10 from me.

Final rankings: Sensei>>>Senpai>>Uruka>>>Fumino>>>Rizu
Dec 20, 2020 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
Not a huge fan of this chapter. It's okay, I guess. It kind of reminds of the sentiment at the end of Back to Future Part 3 when Doc says to Marty and Jennifer, "It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you."

When I was thinking about what this chapter could do this week, this was one the things I thought could happen, except in my version it was Nariyuki having visions or dreams and seeing the various endings before he woke up on the day chapter 1 began. It is the same sort of idea that the future is whatever you want to create for yourself. A true Mafuyu epilogue was what I was hoping for but this is what we got, so whatever I guess.

This "route" does leave open the possibility of one-shots or short stories in the future if they want to do that, since even Miharu, Mizuki, and Sekijou fell on top of our poor boy. I think it goes without saying, but the Mizuki story in this scenario wouldn't end in romance, but I guess I better say it because of the idiotic Alabama comments this would invite otherwise.

I'm not holding my breath though - this was a tag that just brought everyone back for one more spin.

I agree with @loplop - the book ended for me last week. I didn't get everything I wanted out of this manga, but I ended up getting a lot of what I wanted and it gave me more than most. I'll think about it some more but it is at least an 8/10 for me and will be on my reworked favorites list.

I guess the only thing left for me to do is to be true to my word and commission someone to draw Nariyuki, Mafuyu, and their children together. I already have ideas on what I want it to look like, but I guess I need to start nailing down details soon!
ArchsagePentDec 20, 2020 9:35 AM
Dec 20, 2020 9:01 AM

Oct 2013
I thought for a second 22i pulled "twas just a dream" stunt, but then reading the text just confirms that all the routes indeed happen but in "different futures"

And of course, route 6 is now a Harem end (Mizuki wins too!)

Overall, it has been a very cute manga, and I've been reading it weekly for a year and a half now. Damn... I'll really miss it.

I'm glad 22i went the routes way instead of deciding on a random winner and angering 4/5 of the fandom.

It's been fun with you guys and we'll see you next time, in the next Harem romcom

Route rankings: Ashumi>Sensei=Foom>Uruka>Rizu
Dec 20, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
Nice way to close the series. They gave us an open/neutral/actual ending after gave us the route endings of all the heroines. I'm usually a fan of a 1-clear-winner harem ending, but this is one of the few ones that actually delivered another ending method and it become just as good due to that.

Best Girl = Sensei
Best Route = Sensei
9.5/10 from me
Dec 20, 2020 9:50 AM

Sep 2007
Thanks for the whole series.
Was great from the start. :-)
Dec 20, 2020 10:09 AM

Mar 2018
I guess the ending is an open-ended one, but I can’t really complain as I’m glad I got to see all of my characters happy in their “timeline” one way or another. To be honest, after the first couple routes with Uruka and Rizu I was expecting the worst, but the last 3 have been really good (and were also for the best girls).

Good ride all around (in my memory) and although this hasn’t been the best of mangas, I have to pay my respects to Kirisu, Asumi, and Furuhashi. I’m gonna miss these characters, if not the manga, but it was still fun nonetheless. 9/10
Dec 20, 2020 10:30 AM
Jun 2009
Considering Tsutsui took the routes path, I think it was a fun way to end it. I do love that Nariyuki’s dad started the fireworks legend! Haha. The previous chapter was definitely my ending. Just wish we would’ve gotten to see their family. Love the color illustrations! I think the TWGOK’s mangaka did an illustration of all the heroines in similar attire.

Definitely one of my favorite romcoms! Lots of laughs and a few tears. I’m so sad to see it end, but absolutely love that we got the Mafuyu ending. I will be forever thankful for that. Haha

I can’t wait to see what Tsutsui does next!
Dec 20, 2020 10:56 AM
Apr 2020
So many series have ended this year, domekano, quintessential quintuplets, beaststars, demon slayer, minamoto, oregairu and now bokuben. Goodbye Bokuben, my first rom com harem, it will always be special to me :'(
Dec 20, 2020 11:16 AM
May 2020
Harem ending hahah, good one. The author is absolute legendary, wow. And thus, the story has ended, huh...
Nice journey, my final score is 8/10
Dec 20, 2020 11:30 AM
Dec 2019
So,all the routes were just a dream?
Dec 20, 2020 11:40 AM
Mar 2017
Fumino was definitely my best girl for 95% of the series, but the asumi and sensei route were damn good.

1. Asumi
2. Sensei
3. Fumino
-----------
4 & 5. Rizu and Uruka since they were both just plain bad.
Dec 20, 2020 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
So every route were delusions, speak about surprise

After reading all routes in one go i must say my order for best ones is: Sensei-Kohai-Fumino-Uruka-Rizu

And my favourite girl didn't change since begening, Mafuyu sensei was solid until the end.

Really funny romcon and i didn't hate any of the girls wich is a surprise.

Solid 7/10, was good.
Dec 20, 2020 12:51 PM

Aug 2018
Congintive said:
MegamiRem said:

Well, I've been really salty since uruka won and yes i think im blind because im gonna belive what i see.

"im gonna belive what i see"
Well then, this final chapter is "a story of another world" as it clearly says in page 3. If you're gonna believe what you see then there is no point in denying that the 5 routes are the canon endings (as the author himself said) and this last chapter is quite literally not. Because you know... another world.

I don't usually respond to people but dude... don't be like this. Please don't think this is hate towards Gotoubun, I really liked that entire manga (more than Bokuben even, check my favorites if you don't believe me) even though my preferred girl didn't win.
I just see time and time again people saying things like that and I can't understand what's going on in their minds.

Drekaelric said:

After reading all routes in one go i must say my order for best ones is: Sensei-Kohai-Fumino-Uruka-Rizu

And my favourite girl didn't change since begening, Mafuyu sensei was solid until the end.

Solid 7/10, was good.

PS: LOL as I typing this the person above me literally said "So every route were delusions"... you know what I mean? WHY?
ThePiiemakerDec 20, 2020 12:58 PM
-On my way to make you confess-

Dec 20, 2020 1:09 PM

Jul 2014
ThePiiemaker said:
Congintive said:

"im gonna belive what i see"
Well then, this final chapter is "a story of another world" as it clearly says in page 3. If you're gonna believe what you see then there is no point in denying that the 5 routes are the canon endings (as the author himself said) and this last chapter is quite literally not. Because you know... another world.

I don't usually respond to people but dude... don't be like this. Please don't think this is hate towards Gotoubun, I really liked that entire manga (more than Bokuben even, check my favorites if you don't believe me) even though my preferred girl didn't win.
I just see time and time again people saying things like that and I can't understand what's going on in their minds.

Drekaelric said:

Solid 7/10, was good.

PS: LOL as I typing this the person above me literally said "So every route were delusions"... you know what I mean? WHY?

I was not saying in it in a bad way, it's because the last pages were funny, i want to believe the Mafuyu sensei is the real ending because she deserves to forgives herself, but the one i feel more natural is the one from Uruka, even when i felt that Fumino had the best chemestry with MC during the whole history.

It's weird, hahahaha.
Dec 20, 2020 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
Good read, Rizu will always be best girl for me but really all of the girls in this manga were really well done.

It's rare for a romance harem author to do multiple routes so I'm grateful everyone got their romantic ending.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 20, 2020 1:18 PM

Aug 2018
Drekaelric said:
I was not saying in it in a bad way, it's because the last pages were funny, i want to believe the Mafuyu sensei is the real ending because she deserves to forgives herself, but the one i feel more natural is the one from Uruka, even when i felt that Fumino had the best chemestry with MC during the whole history.

It's weird, hahahaha.

Oh well I'm sorry I misunderstood you!
As a firm believer in the best-girlhood of Mafuyu sensei, I agree with your statement about the real ending :PP
-On my way to make you confess-

Dec 20, 2020 4:18 PM

Jun 2017
Wow that was such a huge troll ending.
Dec 20, 2020 5:23 PM
Aug 2017
Honestly..how did people get out of this chapter that everything was a fantasy? It just said that any of those future is possible and it is up to the reader to pick how the story ends for them. The author aleardy confirmed all 5 routes as canon. It is what it is. For me,Fumino was the winner. And we move on. Great way to end this series.
Dec 20, 2020 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
Thank Christ this shitfest is over. I didn't know what the heck all that stuff was trying to accomplish. Grow some balls and pick one girl, ffs, smfh. First Gotoubun and now this SMFH.

Dec 20, 2020 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
Now that it's over I can fully say the alternate routes were meh. I'd say it's nice for the fans of those girls, but considering how a lot of them acted, it's not like they deserved it. And I actually liked all the girls, so don't try and play that card with me. Said it before, but the romance was never the big pull for me, but rather the slice of life hijinks. Series as a whole was still fun, and I've been reading it since close to the start, so I'll miss it. It did feel like it overstayed a bit with these extras though.
Dec 20, 2020 6:31 PM
Jul 2014
A very sweet message to end on :)

And if you didn't get it the first time here the mangaka is making it very clear EVERY ROUTE IS VALID!!!
Dec 20, 2020 6:46 PM

Apr 2019
Pretty good final chapter, seems like we did end on the harem ending lol. I'm gonna go with this ending as the main ending, it just seems fitting ya know? Plus everyone wins in this scenario.

I think I'm gonna give this an 8/10 overall, 'twas a pretty enjoyable series. And like with any series that I finish, I'm gonna miss this one.
Dec 20, 2020 9:27 PM

Feb 2013
No secret Sekijou route. Oh well. Best girl/best route was saved for last. That's what matters.
Dec 20, 2020 10:49 PM
Jun 2019
NTAD said:
No secret Sekijou route. Oh well. Best girl/best route was saved for last. That's what matters.

Wasn't quite clear she was lesbian? I dont know how you would want that to make it work out with naryuiki.
Dec 20, 2020 11:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I liked the approach the manga had for its ending. It's almost like a visual novel with these different heroine routes. Pretty much read volumes 1-16, then read the heroine volume of your choice to get your preferred ending. If I were to rank the routes themselves, it would probably be Asumi > Fumino > Mafuyu > Uruka > Rizu. Uruka's was kinda weak, but the only route I truly disliked was Rizu's. It literally wasn't even about her, it was about Sekijo, lol. As dumb as the dead dad's ghost was in Uruka's route, at least it was still her route. In terms of my heroine ranking, it would be Mafuyu > Asumi > Fumino > Uruka > Rizu.

Honestly, this whole route thing actually made this manga feel a lot more original and unique than other manga from the same genre. It's the least boring way to end this series imo. However, as a whole, this manga's only okay at best. Everything preceding the endings just felt like one-off shenanigans with the heroines. Random fanservice situations that moved the story nowhere. If it wasn't for this whole route structure, this would've been a really forgettable and dry harem manga. But the unique approach for its ending actually makes it stand out quite a lot.

Everything leading up to the end was a 4-5/10, but the route endings pushes it to a 6/10 for me.
Dec 20, 2020 11:22 PM
Jun 2019
animejas said:
They played it way too safe with going down this route, never liked the manga at all but it just felt like a waste of time with this '6th route' option. At least it's over now.

I don't like the routes/what if paths that mangakas use. It does break the plot, argument and story for me. And that's just a safe bed that novels, movies, etc., lay down bcz it gives a neutral response for all the different people tastes amd it's a way to recicle content and stories. But life is not like that, you dont have different finals, life flows like a river you make your choices, or destiny work in a certain way and the result of the mix of those two things leads to a conclusion.
That's why i prefer when authors choose a linear end to things, some will like how the story ended, others dont, but so it's life. And to me, if i may guess, i believe that from the start Tsutsui had at least one girl of his choice or at least leaning towards one of them but didn't had decided yet. And i will say thatbwas probably Uruka, bcz, i remember that fella that was so fan-boy of her that he became annoying and idk what happened to him, never saw him again here, but i will need to agrer with one of his points: uruka routr wasn't clear a what if route, bcz it didnt had any separation from the main story and only in the end of the route it was only them that we saw the warning "route 1/5" and to the others that sign was already in the beginning of their first chapter of their individual routes. But at some point, the author saw the popularity of mafuyu and probably a character that was there in the beginning with the main focus of being for fan-service purposes, it became quick enough the most favourite girl for the readers. And truth to be said, her route i think it was the most beautiful of them all and mafuyu in her route was shown that she was the first love of naryuki and that he made a promise to be with her when the the time was right and mafuyu still very young, almost a kid herself, got touched by that little boy, the first guy that wasnt affraid of approach her and tell that he liked her.
My fav was mafuyu but still, two of my main complains: no close up kiss like the other girls had and everyone got half assed what if routes that 9 chapters would feel little and rushed out bcz in the main story no one really got deep development to take off and those what if routes would just need to finish and add small details to it. Althought i would say that i feel like tjr most developed couple in the main story was naryuki and mafuyu...all those intimacy in her house, the sexual tension of both wanting each other in some occasions like in the kitchen when naryuiki was doing a pony tail to her or tat locker room scene where both where undressing themselves.

P.S.: this last route was just to Tsutsui make it clear that each route isnas canon as you want to be, he didnt want to dissapoint anyone, so, "meh...here what if routes, stop busting my balls."
Dec 21, 2020 4:25 AM
May 2016
I don't know why people is confused aboud this chapter, they say that everythigs was a dream. Of course that idea is wrong. This is another alternative world when every girl are capable of have memories from the other routes which are dimentions completely diferents. By the other hand, I was expecting a better episode than this where nothing special happens, although is great seeing them again. Bokuben is probably my favorite harem manga due to it shows us the diferent point of view of each girl and is not only focus in one of them like whatever manga with a clear winner since the start. I have loved all the routes and that idea was aboslutely full of creativity that made me delighted of reading the story of my favorites waifus, something that obviously don't happen 'cause I never like main heroines. This is one of the best harems that you can read in your life.
Mafuyu > Fumino/Asumi > Rizu > Uruka
Dec 21, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
I honestly wasnt a fan, thinking back on it now I still hoped the author had the balls to just stick with one girl, 22i is an ass kisser, definitely in the bottom list of harem mangakas.
Oh well at least its done now. Since everyone is doing route rankings I’ll put mine too.
Fumino>Asumi>>>>>>>>Kirisu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uruka. I dont even wanna talk about the shitfest that was Rizu, girl was barely in her own arc.
When it comes to favorite characters
Fumino>Kirisu>Rizu>Miharu>Mizuki>Asumi>Uruka.
Dec 21, 2020 7:50 AM

Nov 2018
Since this Bokuben manga anime is officially close, and the result is perfectly better than other Harem anime that at the end of the story the best will become winner and other ladies are become suffer that will cause of lots commotion, arguements and lots of debates...

I would to say that this will be best and fair route arc that all the viewers and readers that all of your favorite waifu have a own ending...

So next time if you want to read manga specially about the Harem series, choose wisely... and dont pick your favorite female character as a best waifu ever otherwise your favorite waifu will become rejected squad...😅😅😅😅

Thank you for a wonderful and the best manga harem ever... "Arigatou and Oyashumi Minnasai"... S A Y O N A R A BOKUBEN (WE NEVER LEARN) MANGA SERIES...
Dec 21, 2020 5:21 PM
Mar 2015
The route were all a dream
Dec 22, 2020 11:09 AM

Aug 2016
wE WuZ sTEinS gATe aNd sH*t ¡¡¡¡
:v
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 24 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 24, 2017

15 by Celestialshard »»
Mar 2, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 176 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

21 by _Zanga »»
Mar 3, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 44 Discussion

animefan8800 - Dec 24, 2017

9 by T0PP4 »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Mar 5, 2020

114 by _Zanga »»
Mar 1, 2023 5:57 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 149 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Feb 27, 2020

105 by _Zanga »»
Mar 1, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.