Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 19, 2020 1:46 AM

Jun 2019
Believe me... next season is gonna be insane. Karasuno vs Nekoma.
Dec 19, 2020 1:52 AM
Jun 2019
Rough start to the season but man these last 6 or so episodes have been fantastic the animation issues were expected with covid. Just give me Nekoma vs Karasuno already.
Dec 19, 2020 2:09 AM

May 2017
man haikyuu just keeps on being awesome. I just can't stop smiling with this anime. Please give us another season soon.. Please.. I pray for a full adaptation..

Wonderful season. Yes not as incredible as the first 3 seasons with its animation but still really good.
Dec 19, 2020 2:27 AM

Mar 2017
Whole episode got me in tears. 10/10. Loved it!
Dec 19, 2020 3:49 AM

Oct 2019
Damn, this episode felt like it flew right by..

It was great to see everything wrap up and see everyone interacting outside of the matches once again. I'm also glad that the series bounced back up on its feet towards the end after that somewhat of a weaker start for the season.

Filled e with yet even more anticipation for the 5th season.
Dec 19, 2020 4:47 AM

May 2018
Great final episode. Can't wait for Kasaruno v Nekoma now
Dec 19, 2020 4:52 AM

Jan 2020
Man what an awesome episode! Cant wait for the nxt season to come already & to see ppl's reactions xd

Still got chills the part when kita said he's teams is amazing, even back when i read it in the manga. Also Atsumu claiming to set up toss to Shoyo one day. Yall ready know whats up this 2 gonna be a beast together :D

Made by k3ti
Dec 19, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2019
It's such a sweet episode. Can't wait for next season.
Dec 19, 2020 5:52 AM

Apr 2009
Sourire said:
Not sure if I can give this season more than a 6 or 7 overall. I rated part 1 a 7 but felt that part 2 was worse even though the content was more hype. It had really good episodes as well as possibly the worst episodes ever produced in Haikyuu. The drop in art/animation was noticeable and dreadful, pacing was jarring at times and the direction lacked.. well a direction. Really disappointing after the high that was season 3. Not sure how anyone can say with a straight face that this season was on par with what was produced in previous seasons.

THIS.
I dunno, the show is trying to tell me that this match is one of the most anticipated, even more hyped than the match against Shiratorizawa, I do realize that. But I felt....almost nothing. I wasn't nearly as engaged as with the previous two major matches and this match is supposed to be on another level. This season felt like a chore. I could live with the new art style if the animation made up for it and if it were consistent, but it was neither. Not to mention the pace and direction.There were some highlights but they couldn't save the season for me.
I can't understand either why some ppl would call this one of the best seasons when it failed in almost every department. If you can look beyond the hype and your bias this season is clearly not even close to the quality of the previous three seasons. Even the first half of to the top is better.
shiroi-ookamiDec 19, 2020 6:07 AM
Dec 19, 2020 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
What a great season. Obviously a bit dragged but still great nonetheless. Now Karasuno vs Nekomata goddamn I'm excited! When are they gonna announce the sequel?

Dec 19, 2020 7:47 AM

Aug 2019
Honestly, when sports anime gets dramatic it's when it shine the most and that's what we saw in the last 2 ep of haikyu TTP and it's fucking awesome but, the season was fine plot-wise but the inconsistency of the animation killed it a little for me, character development was shown and it's great but the all the jokes sadly don't land for me not like the previous seasons. The season was probably the worst haikyu season to date but but it's not that bad, if they make a sequel i hope they fix the animation problem, overall i think it's fine or average 5/10
Dec 19, 2020 7:54 AM

Dec 2016
It's over, but it surelly was a very intense match! :O Both teams did their best!

Waiting for next season so we can watch the next match of Karasuno x Nekoma X3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 19, 2020 8:24 AM
Feb 2019
Honestly, it was very emotional and a heartwarming last episode. It wrapped everything up nicely. Now we'll have to wait for s5.
Dec 19, 2020 9:11 AM

Aug 2008
Actually in tears... What a fantastic episode to close off this season. And so many cute moments and all those little pointers. Cats cropping up everywhere. xD I am so excited I honestly can't wait for the next season! I hope they won't make us wait for too long!

Dec 19, 2020 10:35 AM
Oct 2020
Ryuseishun said:
Probably the worst season overall, imho. The soul and heart of the franchise is just not there anymore sans the parts with Tanaka’s background, Nishinoya, and also Hinata’s first receive.

The production value really disappointed overall. They basically forget what truly made Haikyuu so good in the first place.

+1 agreed.

This season didn't feel like '' the Haikyuu ''we know . Except a few episodes I really enjoyed(I think 3 eps in total) the rest was meh, sadly.

Animation was really off sometimes ; it just felt so weird.
I really hope in the next season, things go back to the old style.

Because I really like Haikyuu, I will still give 6/10.

Dec 19, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2020
Agree with some that I didn’t feel much for this match for most of it, the inconsistent art didn’t help at all & it’s definitely the weakest season visual-wise, I didn’t even care much for the twins even with Mamo on board & all that hype, that was until all their back stories came along. Kenma’s episodes were also really great & left such an impression on me & I also loved how the match went full-circle with Hinata’s ball boy training paying off. And Kita I just I just I just I just I just I 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 HIM

“I don’t need any applause, I’m just going to do what I need to do” — 𝙺𝚒𝚝𝚊 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎

Anyway nice little episode to wrap up the season. So many heartwarming moments I especially loved when they were watching themselves on the news, and when the 3rd years were chatting on the balcony. And of course Tsukki’s commentary on the day he witnessed Hinata falling deeper in love with volleyball. Hinata remains an all inspiring character!!!!!!

Excited for the next season & I really hope it doesn’t disappoint.......like PLEASE (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 19, 2020 11:17 AM
Sep 2018
This season was really INSANE
Dec 19, 2020 12:13 PM

Mar 2017
This season felt like a tribute to volleyball as a sport, not just an anime about volleyball, with all the incredible techniques, the strategic appreciation, and the battle-like match between Karasuno & Inarizaki. Absolutely amazing. I'm sad that it's over though because we'll hardly see the twins and Kita now.

I can't wait for the next season! This is the match a lot of us have been waiting for and it feels even more special because the two teams have no hostility towards each other; they simply want to play the game they love, fight their hardest, and see who comes out on top!
Dec 19, 2020 12:32 PM

Nov 2015
Great wrapup. This was not my favorite season of Haikyuu, but it was still satisfying to watch. Very much looking forward to the Battle of the Garbage Dump.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Dec 19, 2020 12:40 PM
Oct 2020
I'm speechless!!! I'm really looking forward to season 5😭
Dec 19, 2020 12:47 PM

Apr 2019
seeing the teams out of their games was just as interesting as in the games. I feel maybe this season was a little lacking in the animation but nonetheless still good. 6/10 for me. Onto the battle of the crow vs cat

Dec 19, 2020 2:20 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know if I should be happy Haikyuu didn't sink to mediocre levels, or sad that it was really close to happen. To the Top was definitely a downgrade in character design and animation, but most importantly, it was a huge downgrade in direction. This series relies in make you feel the tension of important moments of a match, but it barely executed properly those moments in this season overall. Not to mention, it just made me lose more interest to the rest of the story. It still was entertaining, but a huge disappoitment nonetheless. 7/10.
Dec 19, 2020 2:44 PM
Oct 2019
Atsumu telling Hinata that he will one day set to him but before that, he will crush him first. Bokuto is really motivated to win it all. Nekoma vs Karasuno. Next season will bring us a lot.

The end was really nice with wholesome visuals and the s1 opening. Really happy feelings episode in general.

Sidenote: How did Daichi, Suga and Asahi manage to get on that balcony? Where is the door..
Life is not daijoubu
Dec 19, 2020 2:48 PM

Jul 2017
Well, and so it ends! I must say, the whole To The Top season, wasn't as great as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Haikyuu, but was still pretty damn good! This last game was hype! And now the boys will be facing Nekoma in the best 16, i believe that game will be the peak of Haikyuu once again. I'm looking forward to a new season, hope we can get it soon!!

9/10
Dec 19, 2020 3:17 PM
Sep 2020
I loved it I know I’m a bit late but I can’t wait for the 5th season. Omg I felt like it was kind of slow and haikyuu seasons always end up making u cry :( but can’t wait :D
Edit: Not slow I meant it felt a bit short :)
Dec 19, 2020 3:19 PM

Jun 2020
And it's finished, looking forward next season.
Dec 19, 2020 4:05 PM

Feb 2014
So the Battle of Garbage Dump awaits us. Can't wait to see the battle of ages.
Also Miya's declaration to toss the ball to Hinata was a great foreshadowing for what's about to come.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 19, 2020 4:30 PM
Aug 2019
I don't knwo why I didn't like much this second part of this season compared to others. At first I thought it was because it was just 1 match, but I really enjoyed the game against Shiratorizawa. Probably it's because that Inarizaki (even if it had interesting characters) was the most boring team so far.

Istill a good show 7/10
Dec 19, 2020 5:37 PM

Sep 2011
Haikyuu remains the peak of sports anime.

10/10
Dec 19, 2020 6:26 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, Shimizu is so beautiful! she's like an angel!
Dec 19, 2020 7:50 PM

Mar 2020
A good and relaxing episode, Karasuno is at his apex with the victory over Inarazaki. Looking forward to the Battle of Garbage.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 19, 2020 9:45 PM
Aug 2020
Stark700 said:
Im kinda in tears after this long but emotional journey. Karasuno earned their spot for all their hard work. Their opponents put up a hell of a fight too. What is important is how both teams managed to show what they've learned.

Goodbye Haikyuu, definitely will miss u

Don't say goodbye already dude it hurts :( and Nekoma match is coming up better be hyped :)))
Dec 20, 2020 2:53 AM

Feb 2014
That was so good, can't wait for season 5. Hopefully we'll see how Hinata vs Lev will be after all this time.
Also guys, I find the ways the Miya twins lost here very similar to how Karasuno lost to Seijou in season 1. I kinda get the feeling that Kageyama and Hinata felt that in their last chance they were going to use the quick.
Dec 20, 2020 2:55 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
We don't need the memories we need the next season.
Dec 20, 2020 3:24 AM
Jan 2020
This was a great match and a great season. Looking forward for the next season.
Dec 20, 2020 3:42 AM

Mar 2011
super excited for the next season!!

nekoma vs. karasuno!!
Dec 20, 2020 5:59 AM

Apr 2016
It was a good series but I still feel disappointed, I was expecting something better, probably.
Dec 20, 2020 7:13 AM

May 2018
Atsumu’s “I’m gonna be setting to you one day” to Hinata feels good to hear, knowing that
I didn’t think much of that line back when I read the chapter, but knowing what I do now makes it feel more impactful. Similarly hearing Kita praise his team and saying the same thing about Atsumu
Plus, Kita’s smile is too precious, it even made his team cry!
I really hope that season 5 is announced, I need to see Battle at the Garbage Dump animated! After all this buildup it’d be criminal to not animate it.

Dec 20, 2020 9:59 AM

Jun 2013
This was the weakest season in terms of production values and direction, but given the circumstances of this entire year it's not something to entirely fault it(s staff) for. Hopefully the final arc of the story gets some more time and care to its planning and execution, as it'll be closing the franchise.

That Hinata-receive episode was beautiful & the couple of episodes focused on Nekoma are personal favourites that I found noteworthy. The Miya twins and their dynamic, of course, also get honorable mentions.

This final episode was the most Haikyuu!! this second season of this part felt, which was a refreshing note to end it at.
Dec 20, 2020 11:41 AM
May 2019
A great closure episode...

The senpais were talking about Hinata, Kageyama and Tsukishima like they were old men hahaha

And about next game with Nekoma, Kuroo said it perfectly: "Rock beat scissors, but don't beat paper".
Dec 20, 2020 1:32 PM

Apr 2018
Kinda tearing up when they were so happy that they won. This season was good although the animation dropped a bit it was still good. Solid 7/10

Cant wait for the next season tho if they announce it soon.
Dec 20, 2020 6:49 PM
Jul 2019
Overall, I will rate this 7/10. The first half of it was very subpar with poor artwork, wanky animation and terrible pacing hurt with ton of flashbacks before every move.

However second half and particularly last few episodes were a good improvement. Pacing became faster, the match became more tense and animation improved massively. Episode 10 and 11 in particular were great and so tense like a real match. It's the quality I expect from Haikyuu, but unfortunately wasn't present for the majority of this season.

So 7/10 is fair for me. Good but with some serious flaws. Definitely there's a room to improve on this next season.
Dec 20, 2020 8:48 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
It seems like a waste of an episode in my opinion, but it's a very necessary cool down episode that we don't get a lot. Honestly, this season seemed to drag a little, but it only made Hinata's growth a little more satisfying. He's becoming an allrounded boi.

Also that ending sounded especially grand and nice. 10/10 though
Dec 21, 2020 2:04 AM
Jan 2017
Is no one gonna talk about Miya Atsumu telling Hinata that he'll be tossing to him one day... Made me proud of Hinata hearing that, damm would I like to see that one day..
Dec 21, 2020 7:37 AM
Oct 2019
Season Finale...
Wrapping things up, and get ready for the next match... Hell yeah

They played the First OP in the end, DAMN THE FEELS 😥

Nice after credit scene between Coach Old Ukai and Young Ukai...

Alright waiting by for Season 5 Battle of the Garbage Dump...

So many Epic, Funny, Sad, Wholesome moments during this Season...
And I loved it...
Very Good Solid Season 8/10
Dec 21, 2020 10:05 AM

May 2016
Oh dear, I was going to put all the reasons why I am hella dissappointed with this season but is not worth it. As a volleyball and Haikyuu's fan I expected as much as with the previous season but it was not near as good as the previous ones.

Not pretty much looking forward to the next season.
Dec 22, 2020 9:22 PM

Dec 2013
A really strong aftermath, Kita's moment hit me harder than I expected.

Seeing the team watching TV and laughing at themselves was funny.
Dec 22, 2020 9:22 PM

Dec 2013
A really strong aftermath, Kita's moment hit me harder than I expected.

Seeing the team watching TV and laughing at themselves was funny.
Dec 23, 2020 12:23 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Great season finale!! I'm looking forward to watching next season!! <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2020 10:21 PM

Oct 2019
Argh, this season definitely left me with mixed feelings.
It definitely would have been a 10/10 if only the production was better. Excluding the outsourced episode 2, the animation was not as good as previous seasons and the art was hit and miss. But not only that, there was also OST misuse(aside from the Miya twins theme playing at the end of episode 1, and the Omnivorous OST playing during Tanaka's cut shot). Episodes seemed to lack cohesion this time around, probably due to the pacing. Overall, it was pretty weird to watch.
I will say that Inarizaki completely won me over this season. And holy crap, Karasuno is incredible and truly deserved that win. All around stunned by the new characters/developments this season.
Unfortunately this isn't really what I expected from a series renown for its animation and art. Even given the circumstances, it was a letdown.
But 8/10, I'm hoping the production for next season will be better. I hope they are able to fix some of the stuff in terms of art and animation for this season in the Blu ray release.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

214 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

159 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2020

94 by vit_ »»
Feb 21, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

160 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

103 by SHS13 »»
Feb 15, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.