Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 14, 2021 8:54 PM
Jul 2021
Kyrosta said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

I don't necessarily want them to be plain but you want them to be LIKABLE. Someone who only cares about himself, leaves his party members behind, and coldly states that humans are basically garbage and should die is the farthest thing from likable. Honestly he could be in another Anime as a villain with the exact personality and nobody would blink an eye or question it in the slightest. He's our protagonist we're supposed to want to like him in some way, and from the reviews there are a ton of people who agree and absolutely hate him. Being negative and not caring about human life doesn't make him a good character it just makes him sociopathic, at least to me. I have no issues with a character with flaws, and it can be good as long as they get character development and start to get better as a result of their experiences. His logic skills are really good, and they get better, but I really wish his personality would get better. They kept making it seem like he'd develop, but he goes through an entire season of 'development' and by the end of the season he's just as shitty a person as he was in ep1 if not worse because we didn't realize how little he valued human life(or that he still feels that way).

Everyone not only in anime have their own perspective so i cannot say much. But by judging from your words you havent watch s2 or read the manga dont you? I suggest you look further first. Bcs u cannot judge the character from the first season since the first season is basically just a prologue. If you're saying that he's a bad person, then how about vindland saga Thorfin before the farmers arc. He's even worse than yotsuya

Yeah I haven't yet, but I plan to in the hopes that he'll actually improve. But as far as Vinland Saga there is murder, slavery, and rape and awful stuff going on that they are intimately involved with. This MC is just some punk kid wbo never dealt with anything like that but for some reason doesn't value human life, it makes no sense for someone who's 14 to be like that and they didn't show anything to even try and justify how he is other than being teased that he's crappy at sports lol(although there is very little to me that would justify the way he is in current times). Imagine if you met someone who was 14 who said everyone should die and human lives are worthless just because they got teased a little? MAYBE if it was the kid from Jujutsu Kaisen who got beat, bullied, and had cigarettes put out on, then I might consider how he is being justified because that was awful(hard to watch even).. But I will give S2 a try(and I've seen several people say the Manga is way better online) and I hope I agree with you. Do you think the Anime shows him develop into a better human being by then? The thing that really solidified my feelings though was the ending, like he saved a life, and I was like Yeaaaaaah, Finally! And he was worse than ever ugh.... Well 🙏🤞 my thoughts improve.
Sep 14, 2021 9:04 PM
Feb 2020
DKDiabloLicht said:
Kyrosta said:

Everyone not only in anime have their own perspective so i cannot say much. But by judging from your words you havent watch s2 or read the manga dont you? I suggest you look further first. Bcs u cannot judge the character from the first season since the first season is basically just a prologue. If you're saying that he's a bad person, then how about vindland saga Thorfin before the farmers arc. He's even worse than yotsuya

Yeah I haven't yet, but I plan to in the hopes that he'll actually improve. But as far as Vinland Saga there is murder, slavery, and rape and awful stuff going on that they are intimately involved with. This MC is just some punk kid wbo never dealt with anything like that but for some reason doesn't value human life, it makes no sense for someone who's 14 to be like that and they didn't show anything to even try and justify how he is other than being teased that he's crappy at sports lol(although there is very little to me that would justify the way he is in current times). Imagine if you met someone who was 14 who said everyone should die and human lives are worthless just because they got teased a little? MAYBE if it was the kid from Jujutsu Kaisen who got beat, bullied, and had cigarettes put out on, then I might consider how he is being justified because that was awful(hard to watch even).. But I will give S2 a try(and I've seen several people say the Manga is way better online) and I hope I agree with you. Do you think the Anime shows him develop into a better human being by then? The thing that really solidified my feelings though was the ending, like he saved a life, and I was like Yeaaaaaah, Finally! And he was worse than ever ugh.... Well 🙏🤞 my thoughts improve.

Yeah as far as i read the manga, he's developing into a better person. You know i think the reason why a 14 y.o yotsuya having a thoughts like that probably bcs of a childlish mindset itself. When u are still a kid you will have a lot of delusional minds and thoughts. But when you know the reality of it, you will get shocked. Also fyi after the dragon bishop arc, the anime didnt follow the manga anymore, they changed it to light novel route B which i dont rlly know too. But the drug dealer arc which should be after the dragon bishop arc, is the best arc probably. Enjoy my man

Also a little bit about thorfin, he's just a suck MC lmao(before the farmer arc) . Even thorkell is better
Sep 14, 2021 9:18 PM
Jul 2021
Kyrosta said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Yeah as far as i read the manga, he's developing into a better person. You know i think the reason why a 14 y.o yotsuya having a thoughts like that probably bcs of a childlish mindset itself. When u are still a kid you will have a lot of delusional minds and thoughts. But when you know the reality of it, you will get shocked. Also fyi after the dragon bishop arc, the anime didnt follow the manga anymore, they changed it to light novel route B which i dont rlly know too. But the drug dealer arc which should be after the dragon bishop arc, is the best arc probably. Enjoy my man

Also a little bit about thorfin, he's just a suck MC lmao(before the farmer arc) . Even thorkell is better

Dude I haven't gotten past like ep6 of Vinland. I REALLY loved the guy who sacrifices himself, I was like YEAH a badass viking is going to whoop everyone it's going to be great 👍!?! And then he dies and we get a 120lb(I read that was his adult weight, even Viking women are waaay bigger than that) and he was really annoying as a kid. He challenged some dude and did alright but lost I think and disappeared in the water. Does he get really good at some point?
Sep 14, 2021 10:03 PM
Feb 2020
DKDiabloLicht said:
Kyrosta said:

Dude I haven't gotten past like ep6 of Vinland. I REALLY loved the guy who sacrifices himself, I was like YEAH a badass viking is going to whoop everyone it's going to be great 👍!?! And then he dies and we get a 120lb(I read that was his adult weight, even Viking women are waaay bigger than that) and he was really annoying as a kid. He challenged some dude and did alright but lost I think and disappeared in the water. Does he get really good at some point?

Yes but after s1 ends. Since vindland saga anime s1 is also the prologue too
Oct 2, 2021 5:07 AM

Jul 2015
Certainly different from your usual generic isekai but too bad the animation and story sucked as I only found our edgy misanthrope of a main character Yotsuya interesting with his scummy personality to complete quests as his fellow heroes were for the majority of the time just useless luggage. Still hopes for s2 to be better.

Oct 21, 2021 12:00 AM

Nov 2016
what started out fun got pretty boring in the long run. couldnt tell which direction they were aiming for, but the serious tone setup nearing the end wasnt done correctly imho. honestly i was fine with their tragic backstories to spice thing up like angel beats, but the interaction 'in game' didnt cut it for me.

welp, wonder how s2 fairs up to this...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 31, 2021 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
I mean if the future the game master shown is real, then why are they even worried about whether they will fail the quest or not?

That would just mean regardless of what they did, they will 100% complete up to tenth quest until the appearance of the dragon.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jun 4, 2022 8:40 AM
Dec 2020
The name of this thing should be generic isekai the anime. Sometimes I find it difficult to understand how some give a high score to an anime like this.
Jul 5, 2022 1:15 PM

Jun 2011
What a strong finale, wow.

I am actually baffled at the people who said that this is a generic isekai, I've probably read a couple dozens of isekai manga, manhua, manhwa and this is the first time I've seen premise like this one.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 10, 2022 8:15 AM
May 2018
good anime and no more comment

Aug 19, 2022 4:06 AM
Dec 2019
First season looked promising but the second season was under performed.
Aug 28, 2022 8:23 AM
Mar 2020
Pretty good I liked alot <3
Jan 6, 2023 9:29 AM
May 2017
I Love this ending, can't wait for next season!
Apr 6, 2023 8:04 PM

Apr 2020
Initially I stopped watching it after a few episodes. But now that I have returned to it, I now see and can appreciate the great parts of this show and story. It actually has things to offer to the isekai theme. I liked the depth of all the characters, and I'm glad that the show discussed the nature of the other world. It's intriguing what else can happen with how the main characters lives change and how they operate differently from other 'NPCs' in the other world.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

May 21, 2023 7:47 PM
May 2023
it is very slow with little progression per episode. The characters just have generic personalities and the main character is a wuss. It seems like an isekai where characters grow at very tiny steps but the work put in is definitely shows later in the series.
Jun 15, 2023 11:13 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
This anime should change its name to I'm Standing On A Million Flashbacks because holy shit this anime had a lot of them. 
Jul 11, 2023 5:04 PM
Jul 2023
REGULAR EPISODES SO OKAY
Aug 11, 2023 3:45 PM
Jul 2023
muito bom e espero que tenha mais temporadas e episódios
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.