Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2020 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That girl with the fortune telling ball is a weird one.

Episode turned out to be quite entertaining with Adachi's personality at full display. Watching Adachi be more of herself this episode is also quite amusing. She can be so unpredictable sometimes.
Dec 17, 2020 9:50 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Adachi is just so unbelievably cute, its much better see her be her real self.
Dec 17, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
adachi is was so damn cute in this episode!! hopefully we get a second season cause one more episode isnt gonna be enough :<
Dec 17, 2020 10:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very cute episode but I also feel bad for Adachi, she has other problems and not only being in love with Shimamura, her behavior like crying like that and being extremely jealous is quite weird... but still cute to watch xD
Dec 17, 2020 10:35 AM

Apr 2019
Negative thoughts are always hard, but you have to keep fighting them away.

Glad adachi is being herself now.

Dec 17, 2020 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
really sad to see Adachi cry..

agreed with the other posted. We need season 2 of this! ><

_______

oh, and due to being so busy.. forgot to post this the last time.

Adachi to Shimamura cd that I ordered arrived about a week ago. :)

front

back

Dec 17, 2020 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
God, my turn when?? https://imgur.com/a/y36k1jy

I’m so glad Adachi finally stopped running from how she feels and embraced it. Some really bold moves from her today and I’m proud of her for it :) so many cute moments that made me squeal this week.

That “but” at the end from Shimamura got me wondering if she’s gonna reject Adachi though and keep her as a best friend, at least initially. I know the books are ongoing(plan to get em for Christmas) so we’ll see if that’s the case. Gonna be sad to see this end next week :(. Season 2??
Dec 17, 2020 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
Liddo-kun said:
really sad to see Adachi cry..

agreed with the other posted. We need season 2 of this! ><

_______

oh, and due to being so busy.. forgot to post this the last time.

Adachi to Shimamura cd that I ordered arrived about a week ago. :)

front

back

W as usual from you boss man. Excellent purchase
Dec 17, 2020 10:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ascending to second year sure created plenty of new problems for the two. Hmm to think that Adachi will meet another girl in the hideout though. Gosh those pets in the pet shop sure were adorable. Wow that fortune teller sure appeared randomly. Adachi's shout though sure was brave of her. Still it did well to allow her to face Shimamura's new friends. It was cute seeing Adachi be so reluctant to let go of Shimamura's hands. Love the reference to Doraemon though. Decent ep as always. Nice to see Adachi make up her mind and awaken her determination to forge a new path with Shimamura. The question though is what will Shimamura do in the face of this. Can't wait to see what happens in the finale next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2019
Best ship of Fall 2020 continues to be best ship of 2020. Another wholesome and heartwarming episode. I’m gonna miss this series when it ends next week.
Dec 17, 2020 11:17 AM

Oct 2007
Marinate1016 said:
God, my turn when?? https://imgur.com/a/y36k1jy

I’m so glad Adachi finally stopped running from how she feels and embraced it. Some really bold moves from her today and I’m proud of her for it :)

nice pic.

and the sitting on the same chair.. Adachi has become so bold indeed.

I like how they're joking if the final episode does not air, then the anime will never end. lol

and on another thing.. that keychain looks important to Taru-chan. She so happy to get it back.
Liddo-kunDec 17, 2020 11:28 AM
Dec 17, 2020 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
Yikes, this episode hit me quite hard.

I feel really bad for Adachi, just think about her situation for a second. She isn't on a good relationship with her mom, we dunno about her dad, no siblings, no pets or anything and no friends.

Being a loner like that must really be tough on her, then finally she finds someone who cares about her - Shimamura.

So naturally, she gets attached to her, and with that also comes her possessive nature as she doesn't want to be alone, and she enjoys the time with Shimamura where she's valued.

And now, I really thought that she'd say something along the lines of "This is the first time anyone has said this to me" but even without that, I know that's pretty much what she was thinking.

All Adachi needs is some love and affection, the love and affection her mother didn't seem to give her.

And with that, the crying scene has definitely hit me hard. Harder than anything else so far in the season.
Dec 17, 2020 11:27 AM
Aug 2009
Interesting that fortuneteller was right about long hair. Like, normally you would expect that a girl would be thinking about a boy who usually wouldn't have long hair.
Dec 17, 2020 11:37 AM
Mar 2013
Is that girl with book voiced by Hanazawa or I mistake?
Dec 17, 2020 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, first of all, that third-year girl has to be important in the story because she is voiced by Kana Hanazawa lol.

Nice to see Adachi and Shimamura being friendly again but God damn, Adachi can be so relatable that it even hurts xD.

One episode left, I don't want this show to end.
Dec 17, 2020 12:16 PM

Oct 2016
Man, this had to be the best episode so far. Clingy Adachi was absolutely adorable to watch unfold, and the crying scene at the end fit perfectly with the OST placement.
Such a good episode, sad to think that this won't get an S2, Yuri anime just don't get those.
Dec 17, 2020 1:00 PM

Sep 2019
Hearing hanakana made me happy.
bobryforever said:
Is that girl with book voiced by Hanazawa or I mistake?
Yes, that was her.
Dec 17, 2020 1:03 PM

Apr 2020
I feel like the art is slightly improved from the earlier episodes but I may just be a imagining it,
pretty cute ep at the end, sadly next week is our last episode
Dec 17, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
What is it with Hanakana getting such small roles but yet instantly recognizable from the first tone when she speaks. Pleasant surprise to my ears.

I feel bad for Adachi, the way she was reflecting upon herself and comparing herself with that puppy behind the glass was rather painful and somewhat relateable.

She needs some love and Shimamura is the only one who can give that to her right now. So I can understand that when Shimamura is talking to other girls she just got to know, that Adachi would get jealous and distance herself.

Man when Adachi started crying, that was tough and difficult.. Still the signs that Shimamura doesn't feel the same way as Adachi.

Finale next week already.... This went by so quick.
Dec 17, 2020 1:54 PM

Oct 2020
Adachi finally talked to Shimamura again! and it only cost her 1000 yen.

Dec 17, 2020 1:58 PM

Nov 2016
Adachi holding back for so long and it's all coming out now has ALL of my heart she REALLY deserves to be happy :,c
Dec 17, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2019
Ok so I just saw the 11th episode.... first of all was that girl reading book voiced by Hanazawa Kana ???? Of course I am sure from how much of her voice acting I have heard/liked, but yeah I wanna hear others.
On to the episode, yeah nice work uranai ona yo!! Beautiful emotions and enthusiasm Adachi-chan, but damn I got serious when the crying scene came and repeated it for a while xD.... it was good to see the pace coming to the point where, Shima really feels serious towards how Adachi behaves but the last “ watashi” from shima.................
“ Does Adachi not only wants me to be her big sister, but also her mother?”
It’s hard for me to think about a condition where someone can think this for other in the way shima thought.... bless shoujo ai.
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Dec 17, 2020 3:20 PM

Sep 2012
that final shot felt like a hit directly at the stomach
Dec 17, 2020 3:28 PM
Jun 2017
Shimamura thinks of Adachi as ---> little puppy, Shimamura as a sister or mother to her (adachi)

Adachi thinks of Shimamura as more than friends...

Well they are friends but the other thinks otherwise so its a sad one and the "BUT" IN the end statement of shimamura is so interesting.

For me, i just hope Adachi can open more to other people as her (feeling of) love makes her possesive to Shimamura already.

Next week is the final episode so lets see what will happen.
Dec 17, 2020 3:29 PM

Sep 2020
Adachi's unexpectedly cute on this one. We got to see her perspective in this episode.
That one critical hit on the last panel though,my poor Adachi. She doesnt have anyone to care for her most of the time since Shima's kinda ice queen when it comes to pursuing people.

Im quite pleased to see Shima's recognizing Adachi's feeling though not completely understanding it. She's still kind of dead inside.
And the last scene, "but i . . . ", oofff.

Well,series gonna end next week, kinda sad but been a pretty good ride. Lets hope Nagafuji will really stop the airing so the anime will never end,LOL. Messing the post credits as always.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Dec 17, 2020 4:26 PM

Mar 2019
It should be illegal to end an episode like that seriously cmonnnn. I swear if Shimamura breaks Adachis heart I'm not sure how I'll ever recover.
Dec 17, 2020 4:37 PM

Sep 2018
Man, I'm praying for a happy ending right now, poor Adachi....
Dec 17, 2020 4:57 PM

Dec 2014
One of the things I want to do is goto the edge of a cliff and shout for no reason. I don't know why I want to do it but I feel like I'll find some weird kind of satisfaction from doing it so I strangely understand why the fortune teller asked Adachi to shout. Speaking of her, I loved it when she mentioned that "People don't need to know the future, they need to desire the future". Probably the best line in the show so far and I'm hoping we see more of her.

Adachi being absolutely adorable throughout the episode, good for her to finally be a little more assertive. Adachi crying at the end when Shimamura mentioned that she cared for her hit pretty hard. Does she feel that no one else really cared for her before?
Dec 17, 2020 5:17 PM

Oct 2017
Adachi's adorable and damn wonder what will happen now. I'd hate to see Adachi heartbroken.
Dec 17, 2020 5:35 PM

Dec 2020
Ah, back to that Adachi spaz and cringe we all know and love.

Why did the issue have to be resolved by some random charlatan psychic, though? The show has a magic alien that does nothing but, sure, random charlatan psychic.

And why do they walk to the front gate together and then part ways? Does the author not know how to friend? Or is it Shimamura? You would walk to the bike rack first, get her bike, then go to the front gate and part ways. It's just as weird as when they rode to Adachi's house and then made Shima walk from there.

And what kind of pet store name is "One Love Bob"???

Only one ep left and there's naked yuri bathing.
Dec 17, 2020 5:58 PM

Jul 2017
Adachi and Shimamura are back to square one...and that's excruciating enough for the former.

She'd thought that Shiramura would come finding her at the very same place, and a coincidental bookworm girl voiced by HanaKana (her voice is instaneously recognisable), WELP for small roles this season.

Going back to the puppy methodology though, it seems as if that Shimamura thinks of Adachi as a puppy, and that this "relationship" is going nowhere. The weird fortune telling right in the middle of nowhere though, to waste 1000 yen to shout with enthusiasm...NO THANKS, but the whole scene was funny though. Essentially, this is her breakthrough of confidence, and I'm glad she took the plunge.

Going for the offense as compared to episodes of just being on the defense, Adachi's really moving forward substantially...while still holding back a bit. The only thing now left is for Shimamura to notice and accept her advances.

The alien Yashiro still intrigues me though, she's just there for cameo placement reasons with her younger sister all the time.

Adachi's broken heart is open for the taking...and the only possibility is left to Shimamura to take her hand. Reservations for the final episode next week.
Dec 17, 2020 5:59 PM
Jun 2020
This episode was cute!! I can't wait to see what happens in the last one 💕 :')
Dec 17, 2020 6:30 PM

Apr 2013
Fuck. I want to pet Adachi. She's so goddamn cute.
Dec 17, 2020 7:05 PM
Mar 2015
Glad they got back together again
Dec 17, 2020 7:17 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, well, look whose that girl that finally made up her mind before its too late. Its pretty sure a hard time for Adachi before gathering all of her guts into one solid move. The plot device was actually funny, tho. She used some kind of random fortune teller again to gathered all of her minds up to be like that. Its rather amusing, and those senpai voice somehow quite familiar too. That event, that made Adachi to be more possessive and aggressive. Thats really needed for waking up Shimamura mind over Adachi's existence. That Adachi was not just a possibilities of her to be narrowed down. That Adachi really didn't need anyone else but you. Slowly burnt, before its getting heat, and the feeling was actually pretty understandable to their personas. Especially with Shimamura's personality that really hard to forcefully openned. While about Adachi, this girl really had a massive development over her existence. Idk what happened at their last episode. I don't wanted this to be over. But, thats really happening.

Judging by the preview, i don't think something huge might happening. Another mind explanations, but well received at the end. So, this is just a wholesome show with a highly note for their end: to read the source material for knowing more about their relation continuations.
Okay, then! Its really understandable!
So, as the end card, that below really suited well to close my comment here:
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 17, 2020 7:41 PM
Oct 2018
Great ep and a nice setup for the finale.

If this is just going to be a 1-cour, I expect a happy ending, or at a minimum NOT a bad end. But if a 2nd season is coming, I suppose I could live with anything for now.

Since this has been one of my top 3 shows of the season I am hoping for an S2.
Dec 17, 2020 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
Sometimes I dislike Shimamura, he doesn't seem to take anything seriously.
I hope the next chapter ends well and is not "bittersweet".
Dec 17, 2020 8:38 PM

Jul 2020
It's about time Shimamura called out Adachi's possessiveness even though it's cute most of the time. That preview was such a trase though, can't wait for the last ep !
Dec 17, 2020 9:32 PM
Oct 2018
Photography in this episode was breathtaking. Btw, I loved the way this anime treated it's characters introspectively, and now there's only one episode left... though I think that Shimamura still doesn't have romantic feeling for Adachi, so maybe we'll have some anti-climatic ending to this anime...
Akkarin! Hai!
Dec 17, 2020 9:33 PM

Jan 2018
Adachi was really cute, she's starting to be more open with Shimamura.
Also the end of the episode tho, let's hope that Adachi's love will be reciprocated.

Next episode will be the last one, i hope they'll make a second season.
AntonioWuxDec 17, 2020 9:42 PM
Dec 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Oct 2016
Adachi is indeed very possessive but, she's adorable so I'll let it slide lmao. Adachi is very relatable though as someone who would be satisfied and very happy with just 1 person by my side.

I better hear a season 2 announcement next week or I'm about to k i l l someone lmao. Looking forward to the next episode, Shimamura don't break poor Adachi's heart.
Dec 17, 2020 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
Beautiful episode. Leaving the obvious fanservice shots aside, its execution was almost perfect.

Adachi is such an introvert girl I can't help but smile and feel proud with every little step she takes. Thanks to that weird fortune teller girl and the book her senpai left behind, she managed to boost her confidence and even started to be more straightforward with Shimamura. And that way of concluding the episode tho. Not gonna lie, seeing Adachi crying was tough and it really moved me. Her love for Shimamura really goes beyond a typical teenage crush, uh?

This said, it's such a shame there is only one episode left. Highly doubt there will be a confession next week so in any case, I really hope this series receives a sequel announcement at some point.

P.S.: So yeah, episode 11 and I still have no clue as for why Yashiro is even included in this story.
Dec 17, 2020 10:46 PM

Dec 2020
SouthRzVa said:
So yeah, episode 11 and I still have no clue as for why Yashiro is even included in this story.

She's basically the author's mascot. There was an extremely similar character also named Yashiro in Denpa Onna. I don't think she actually exhibited anything supernatural in that series but she was equally useless to the plot.
Dec 17, 2020 11:22 PM

Apr 2014
Lovely and heartwarming episode. The fortune-teller did a good job by encouraging Adachi. Adachi is very cute. Adachi starts to move forward, that's the good point. Her hug also looks amazing, she really misses and wants to stay with Shimamura.

Hope the final episode will be a lovely ending, and Adachi can get a matching strap with Shimamura.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 17, 2020 11:28 PM

Apr 2020
Alright the penultimate episode of AdaShi, and first of all that "fortune teller" woman there pretty much scammed Adachi a 1000 yen for an above-average advice...yep.

Adachi is lonely but that fortune teller actually gave her a boost of confidence to speak with Shimamura. And after weeks of slowburn and dates, Shimamura finally realizes Adachi's sentiment of her, that she only needs her (aww). I felt Adachi's cry when they're on a phone call, it pretty much was a payoff of all she's been through with Shima. Hopefully they finally have their relationship on full swing as the final episode looms for next week.

I don't think that the second season is viable for the series, but more of like a movie. The continuation of the story might work on a movie format, because I think they adapted pretty much the majority of the original source. (unlike what happened to Bloom Into You, we need that Season 2 as well)
Dec 18, 2020 2:15 AM

Oct 2018
I'm glad they are talking again!

Adachi is also as cute as ever :D

Next, and last episode: bath time together
Dec 18, 2020 3:04 AM
Nov 2020
Well, Adachi's confidence got +100 this episode. That's good.

But Seriously, Shimamura is so unaware af. Makes her wonder why everyone is holding her hand. XD
Dec 18, 2020 5:26 AM

Feb 2014
Adachi is certainly a precious cinnamon roll, despite her faults. =3

She was having a tough time trying to get her thoughts together, and it showed really well when she related herself to the cute puppy at the pet store. Luckily for her, a fortune teller was at hand to tell her what Adachi was lacking and what she had to do next. She might've broken the rules by doing her business at the shopping centre, but her words did help Adachi to re-ignite that determination within her to stop herself from running away all the time.

So seeing her walk up to Shimamura and talk to her again felt so good. You can tell by how natural their friendship has become when they were eating on the same chair together. =3

The phone call between them later on in the episode was sweet, but with a pinch of sadness, too. Shimaura was spot on to call Adachi rather possessive when it comes to how much Adachi likes Shimamura, but I did feel for Adachi when she broke down crying during their phone call. This was probably enough to finally make Shimamura realise how Adachi truly feels for her.

However, Shimamura's response during the final shot of the episode felt like a dagger to the heart. I do have a bad feeling that she won't be returning her feelings to Adachi the same way. Whatever happens in the final episode, I hope it ends on a good note. Besides, I see another fanservice scene up ahead, and that's always perfect in my book! XD
Dec 18, 2020 7:41 AM

Nov 2017
these two are quite frustrating... cute. but frustrating...

i was hoping this anime would give me at least some watch time where they are in a relationship
but the story and character development is also very beautiful to watch.

now let the final episode never come!

plz @ me
Dec 18, 2020 9:45 AM
uwu

Mar 2014
Still have the feeling that Shimamura still looks Adachi as her friend and she hasn't have any romantic feeling towards Adachi.

In this episode we can see that Adachi is basically helpless without Shimamura but not vice versa, Shimamura only need "real friends" tho, and Adachi her only one (at least in the class). Looking how the story progressed so far, I don't expect any romance ending coming soon but at least something important happen in the next episode, just hope they put something good to end this cour
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Apr 18, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

74 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.