Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2020 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, even Sherlock himself can make mistakes when it comes to more complex cases involving murder.

I kinda like the psychology and character chemistry between the detectives this episodes, especially on that train. That train isn't safe for sure with the gruesome murder. There's a mastermind behind it all.
Dec 13, 2020 6:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very big and tense battle of wits between Sherlock and Moriarty, it's becoming more and more interesting with that case in the train, now it's really going to be a Sherlock vs Moriarty for the last episode of the first part I guess
Dec 13, 2020 6:31 AM

Nov 2019
Leave it to Sherlock to make a murder investigation and finding out who did it into a competition

But woah wait a minute, as if things haven't been escalated enough with a competition between Moriarty and Holmes, that twist with Watson in the end takes it up a notch. Can't wait for the final episode next week.
Dec 13, 2020 6:44 AM

Jul 2017
Chapter 15 of the manga: The Two Detectives, Act 1. Putting the final nail on the coffin for the 1st Cour to finish on a high note.

The scuffing that was Moriarty's testing the last few episodes for Sherlock Holmes, that's the type of mysteries he's truly craving for. The mind games that sieves in his mind and the psychology that tramples his thought process, really setting up for the conflict between Sherlock and Moriarty forthcoming.

Even with Watson and Inspector Lestrade tugging along on his whims, Sherlock's struggles are real, and this version of Watson is the one that I am really appealed to, not just a follower of the Consulting Detective.

Fancy him coincidentally meeting both Moriarty and younger brother Louis on the same train...and deducing the mastermind plot ON THE SPOT. A very tense series of accusations...and a murder in the train. A game between the Crime Consultant and the Consultant Detective...not to mention Watson's doing...?

"Catch me if you can...Mr. Holmes..." THE STAGE IS SET, HELL YES.
Dec 13, 2020 7:15 AM
Jul 2020
Sherlock Holmes: The biggest idiot in history

was it only me who saw that one subbed line where sherlock called William "Liam"?.... yeah, ok

omg the catch me if you can part took. me. out.

amazinggggg episode, enjoyed it a lot.
excited for the next :))
AryaleDec 14, 2020 11:16 AM
Dec 13, 2020 7:23 AM
Sep 2015
What I like the most is Inspector Lestrade. His manliness aura makes me want to dominate him. Another one is Moran and his womanizing nature.
Dec 13, 2020 7:27 AM

Nov 2016
Even the great Sherlock Holmes has to go through some lows, but it made seeing him coming back in full swing even more awesome. That confrontation reminded me kinda of

His way of fronting Moriarty and how the latter gladly took the bait. Scenes like these are what I love about shounen. Hyped for the climax of the cour.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2020 7:43 AM
Feb 2020
I SCREAAAAAAAAAMMMMED SO LOUDLY AT WILLIAM'S "Catch me if you can... Mr. Holmes." LIIIIKEEE; THE EXPRESSIONNN, THE TONE IN VOICEEEE, EVERYTHINGGGG!!! I SCREAMED "OH MA GAAAAAAAAAAD" SO MANY TIMES I HAD TO GO APPOLOGIZE TO MY MOM!!

Dec 13, 2020 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
''Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes''
Yup I'm dead with that, it was PERFECT!!!!!! Damn I haven't stop thinking if he was going to said it in english or not but thanks god it's in english!!! Thank you Souma Saito for this perfection, I'm still screaming for that!!!

On the other side... only one more episode before the wait for april...

set by taiyaki

Dec 13, 2020 8:11 AM

Apr 2020
Sherlock is really dead set to who the true mastermind of Count Drebber's murder. To the point that he just fired gunshots at his apartment and distancing himself for his friends.

Boy when Sherlock decided to sit with the Moriarty brothers, I can already tell some psychological warfare will due to commence. Even Louis got a Nana-like impression on his face and was about to go for the initiative. But Moriarty came in with a joke and just blindedly tells to his foe that he was the mastermind.

"Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes". That immediately blew me away until an interruption from Lestrade and a sudden shriek. Looks like a murder happened in the train, and a pretty gruesome one at that. So Sherlock decides to challenge Moriarty for the first one to solve it, nice one there. Although I was shocked that John was also shot, wondered why that happened. Next week is actually the last episode, how are they gonna end this though, well we'll see how it goes.
Dec 13, 2020 8:17 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I remember the part in BBC Sherlock where Watson shows up and asks why there's a bullet hole in the wall, it was funny there but the scene was a little more serious here. Sounds like they moved forward pretty fast to show Sherlock being annoyed by the lack of interesting crimes to solve so he takes it out on the people around him.

Oh boy, that part where Holmes confronted Moriarty and accused him of being the mastermind was fantastic, I grinned after hearing that. Epic scene.
Moriarty's "Catch me if you can" was glorious too. This show has somehow made it's way to be one of the shows I looked forward the most this season.

Looking forward to end the of the first cour next week, it's gonna be a tough wait until the next one.
Dec 13, 2020 8:25 AM

Sep 2017
Love what they did with Sherlocks character starting to regret his actions and obsess over the previous mysteries. Moriarty was the perfect person for him to run into to boost his spirits after all the failures on his end to find a lead. Great for me because I was craving some Moriarty the last few eps.

Now for this crime I'm rly not sure if it was something team Moriarty orchestrated or not. It could def go both ways. Kinda think it would be more fun if it wasn't something they set up so that Sherlock and Moriarty could have a lil detective off for the last ep of this part 1.
Dec 13, 2020 8:49 AM

Mar 2016
Sherlock was very agitated this episode. Though, I wish he didn't get angry at Watson. In the book, he's always so kind.

I had been wondering if this would be The Sign of The Four because of the similar start of the episode, but I couldn't think of how Moriaty would appear there. This is not that case, though, I guess.

I didn't think this episode would be very good when I'd seen the preview since the protagonist and antagonist meeting each other too much isn't good. However, I loved this episode.

"Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes" Has the real Moriarty said that too? The way they showed that sentence made it seem like it's a line we should recognise, but I can't remember it.

Until the next episode comes, I guess I will try to make my own theories about the murder. I also want to see if I can figure out how Sherlock knew it was murder and not suicide.
Dec 13, 2020 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
I loved how Moriarty saved his ass by using Probatio diabolica/Devil's proof. Moriarty taunting Holmes was lit af and nice a contest between the two of them.
Dec 13, 2020 9:05 AM

Feb 2019
The tension in that train scene .. that “catch me if you can”... man this was an amazing episode. From Sherlock’s mental breakdown to the mind games between he and Moriarty. It was funny seeing how shook Louis was, but his brother was still several steps ahead.

Can’t wait to see how this culminates next week and in the second cour. Such a slept on gem.
Dec 13, 2020 9:45 AM

Mar 2020
The games on between William and Sherlock!!

William and Sherlock meet once again, this time on a train. Both will compete to see who will solve the murder case first!!

''Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes''

Great episode :)
Dec 13, 2020 10:37 AM

Sep 2019
I got so hyped when Moriarty said, "catch me if you can".

1 episode to go, I'm glad that there's a 2nd part of it.
Dec 13, 2020 11:43 AM
Dec 2019
raiderublaze said:
Sherlock is really dead set to who the true mastermind of Count Drebber's murder. To the point that he just fired gunshots at his apartment and distancing himself for his friends.

Boy when Sherlock decided to sit with the Moriarty brothers, I can already tell some psychological warfare will due to commence. Even Louis got a Nana-like impression on his face and was about to go for the initiative. But Moriarty came in with a joke and just blindedly tells to his foe that he was the mastermind.

"Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes". That immediately blew me away until an interruption from Lestrade and a sudden shriek. Looks like a murder happened in the train, and a pretty gruesome one at that. So Sherlock decides to challenge Moriarty for the first one to solve it, nice one there. Although I was shocked that John was also shot, wondered why that happened. Next week is actually the last episode, how are they gonna end this though, well we'll see how it goes.

2nd cour confirmed, so no it wouldn't be the last episode
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Dec 13, 2020 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
WHEN JAMES SAID "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN" I SCREAMEDDDDD THIS MAN IS FINE ASF. I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT EPI
Dec 13, 2020 12:04 PM

Jan 2010
so it looks like the anime skipped over a couple stories in the manga. I don't see the anime ever adapting them? Neither of the stories had anything to do with Sherlock, so maybe that's why the anime has left it out.
The first story was very unpleasant to read, lots of gore/torture involving child victims. It really only gave Fred and William's brother a smidgen of character development. The second story focused on Moran. But it also had a character from the James Bond Universe, so that could be another reason the anime left it out. Could be copyright issues or something.
Dec 13, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2020
Cath me if you can, Mr. Holmes
!!!!!

Best episode yet! I love psychological warfare.

Did Watson get shot?1?
--AbiSa--
Dec 13, 2020 12:25 PM

Apr 2018
It would be fun seeing Moriarty vs Holmes in solving the case first. Sherlock had regretted his choice not to kill Hope in solving the mystery.

Watson with that blood stain on his shirt makes him very suspicious.
Dec 13, 2020 12:53 PM

May 2019
Ooof this is seriously my biggest AOTS candidate. 1 more episode left and it has been a truly fun ride so far.

I love both Moriarty and Sherlock and I honestly can’t get enough of their witty dialogues. Louis is acting very sus tho and I expect Sherlock to realise that.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 13, 2020 1:07 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Whew this is getting juicy. The added twist of Watson being stabbed will make this all the more interesting.

Holmes really was breaking down due to the obsession of wanting to know who the benefactor really is. So much so it's putting his friendship with Watson into jeopardy.

This show has been a welcome surprise. Well written, intruiging characters, and downright enjoyable from beginning to end.
Dec 13, 2020 1:35 PM

Feb 2020
A locked murder case? Nice! Hyped to see how they solve this one. Makes things confusing how Watson just walked out despite the room being locked (or perhaps he bled in another room).
Dec 13, 2020 2:38 PM

Jun 2020
Well fuck this show keeps upping itself every week. This and Talentless Nana are sustaining my Death Note boner and I love it
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 13, 2020 3:45 PM

Apr 2020
Soupisekaitrash said:

2nd cour confirmed, so no it wouldn't be the last episode

It's the last episode of the first season next week. And yes I know 2nd cour will air on April 2021.
Dec 13, 2020 4:12 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting, a competition in which the contenter who resolves this murder case the fastest wins. Besides the case seems even more interesting because Moriarty isn't involved (I think, at least) !

Dec 13, 2020 4:19 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Another interesting episode! They almost lost me at the "poor tortured genius" bit in Holmes room with the gun, but the train part made up for it. Now we have to solve a murder and mend fences with Holmes and Watson.

I do so love the detail in the artwork. In Holmes room there was a box of matches on the table labeled Fusees. I looked it up and it is a match that is made to stay lit in strong winds. The detail of putting that on a match box in an anime is fantastic. Accurate and period perfect!
Dec 13, 2020 5:07 PM
Feb 2019
I did not expect this series to be this awesome, even as a Sherlock Holmes fan
Dec 13, 2020 5:43 PM

Apr 2019
Absolutely beautiful. "catch me if you can, sherlock!" Well, they have finally met. How will they kill time on this train to london.. 1 episode left, defo will be watching s2 too.

Dec 13, 2020 5:53 PM

Jun 2014
KANLen09 said:
Chapter 15 of the manga: The Two Detectives, Act 1. Putting the final nail on the coffin for the 1st Cour to finish on a high note.

The scuffing that was Moriarty's testing the last few episodes for Sherlock Holmes, that's the type of mysteries he's truly craving for. The mind games that sieves in his mind and the psychology that tramples his thought process, really setting up for the conflict between Sherlock and Moriarty forthcoming.

Even with Watson and Inspector Lestrade tugging along on his whims, Sherlock's struggles are real, and this version of Watson is the one that I am really appealed to, not just a follower of the Consulting Detective.

Fancy him coincidentally meeting both Moriarty and younger brother Louis on the same train...and deducing the mastermind plot ON THE SPOT. A very tense series of accusations...and a murder in the train. A game between the Crime Consultant and the Consultant Detective...not to mention Watson's doing...?

"Catch me if you can...Mr. Holmes..." THE STAGE IS SET, HELL YES.

Wait buddy....this episode' is adapted from manga chapter 15?! Holly molly, how many chapters did the anime skip? I only purchased the first printed manga volume released from Viz (the first volume only contains chapter 1-3), so I have no idea which chapters they adapt, and which chapters they are saving for season 2 or just skipped.
SmilingBeginnerDec 13, 2020 6:02 PM
Dec 13, 2020 5:54 PM
May 2020
It's too bad they don't have the guts to make all the players older. I guess age is still an issue in Japan.
And the kids hate those old people can't have wrinkly skin in the anime. Still digging it for this season.
Dec 13, 2020 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
This episode is setting us up for what should be an exciting finale.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 13, 2020 6:14 PM

Mar 2018
Lily_Anna_R16 said:
I SCREAAAAAAAAAMMMMED SO LOUDLY AT WILLIAM'S "Catch me if you can... Mr. Holmes." LIIIIKEEE; THE EXPRESSIONNN, THE TONE IN VOICEEEE, EVERYTHINGGGG!!! I SCREAMED "OH MA GAAAAAAAAAAD" SO MANY TIMES I HAD TO GO APPOLOGIZE TO MY MOM!!

finally, i found somone who was excited by that phrase!!!
Dec 13, 2020 6:16 PM

Mar 2018
Amazing episode
The "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN MISTER HOLMES"
And the last scene
OMOCHIROOOOOOY!!!
Dec 13, 2020 7:26 PM

Jul 2017
@SmilingBeginner

This 1st part is only 11 episodes long, and each arc is 2 episodes long. So give or take, leave the rest of the adaptation for Part 2 coming out in Spring next year, so not to worry if they went ahead of time. Just covering the sequence of events otherwise, no skipping.
Dec 13, 2020 8:12 PM
Apr 2018
Ah, they skipped The Hunting of the Baskevilles and The Man with the Golden Army. Those were good arcs, fleshing out Fred and Moran's character.

Anyhow, this episode was really good.
Dec 13, 2020 8:23 PM

Jun 2019
The interactions between Holmes and Moriaty continue to be the best part of the series. Their conversation in the train car was pretty fun.
Dec 13, 2020 8:43 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, that Holmes frustation scene kinda scared me a bit. Somehow he could be quite wild at a certain time. And those first part showed how determined he was to solved the mystery behind the aristocratic serial killer with such a, well, overly dramatic. However, his brain still worked out well enough to conveyed everything in to the right place.

As expected, his 'bluffing' hitted the right place, at the right time. Coincidence? Nah, its a fate! Poor Louis, there, almost ate Sherlock bait. He almost did a radical preventive moves that might led into a blunder. Fortunately, Moriarty was just too genius. He outsmarted him, right before everything turned out of control, and took the lead again by saying those provocative lines to holmes. 1 to 1. Surely Holmes had a fun too with that statement. No shit, Sherlock.

However, the case suddenly arrived to be their playground. Watson, poorly, involved there. Either he was fighting the culprit, or he was simply became a random victim too, or too the extreme, he was the culprit, i know nothing. So, lets see the last episode of these first cour! Two detectives. Sherlock Holmes, and William Moriarty!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 13, 2020 9:58 PM

Sep 2010
Aryale said:
Sherlock Holmes: The biggest idiot in history

was it only me who saw that one subbed line where sherlock called William "Liam"?.... yeah, ok

There are times Sherlock calls him "Liam" in the manga, which pisses off Louis a lot. It's not disrespect or anything, they just like to hang out with each other.
Dec 13, 2020 10:09 PM

Apr 2015
Ok ngl, that "Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes" got me feeling some kind of way...also made me laugh though, the sudden English in anime never fail to catch me off guard. But yeah, Sherlock and Moriarty's interactions are definitely the highlights of the entire show. Looking forward to seeing how they're going to solve the case in the finale!

LemonadeYou-kyan said:
Ah, they skipped The Hunting of the Baskevilles and The Man with the Golden Army. Those were good arcs, fleshing out Fred and Moran's character.

Anyhow, this episode was really good.

I have a good feeling they're postponing it to next season since there were only two episodes left. Fingers crossed.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 13, 2020 11:20 PM
Feb 2020
houssam_04 said:
Lily_Anna_R16 said:

WERE THERE PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T!? I DOWNLOADED THAT SCENE TO MY PHONE FROM YOUTUBE!!! 20 seconds anyway lol
Dec 14, 2020 12:09 AM

Mar 2018
Lily_Anna_R16 said:
houssam_04 said:

WERE THERE PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T!? I DOWNLOADED THAT SCENE TO MY PHONE FROM YOUTUBE!!! 20 seconds anyway lol
You are the first person that mention it thats why.
The scene its the best scene of the week (for me)
Dec 14, 2020 12:09 AM

Mar 2018
This got some extremely loud and excited reactions out of me, oh my GOD. It's gonna be HARD for this to not be my anime of the year.
Dec 14, 2020 2:14 AM

Oct 2016
I did not expect them to actually show how that case last episode affected Sherlock's mind. Goddamn, his breakdown was fantastic.

"Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes"... Jesus Christ. Looking forward to the last episode and for season 2.
Dec 14, 2020 2:20 AM
Oct 2018
That ‘Catch me if you can’ really got me. Saito Soma’s voice sounds soooo good. One more ep to go.
Dec 14, 2020 2:56 AM

Apr 2016
Moriarty got my ovaries exploding

Lily_Anna_R16 said:

I felt this on a spiritual level

AND GOSH MORIARTY AND HOLMES GET A ROOM YA TWO!!!!!

Dec 14, 2020 3:58 AM

Aug 2015
Man this is such a good dynamic. Great tension between the two.
Dec 14, 2020 4:16 AM

Apr 2012
The whole rivalry is so intense and elegant omg I love every minute of it. This anime is really getting better and better with each episode. I already can't wait for the second season. I still hope that Sherlock will find out about Will and Louis' past.
The "Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes" was just the cherry on top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2020

118 by Avenger-senpai »»
Feb 23, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2020

135 by insideGegeswalls »»
Feb 4, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2020

99 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 18, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

95 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 16, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2020

96 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 15, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.