Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2020 6:59 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool episode, Sonoka can have cute moments especially with such a cute smile and this yukata
No idea why but the whole episode reminded me when I almost got stabbed in Cergy Pontoise in 1993, maybe because this guy has a similar face
My necktie itches
Dec 12, 2020 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like a buildup episode for the inevitable huge fight for the final few episodes. Miyako and Azusu had some cute moments together.

Miyako in particular is a person who can cheer others up. What a good friend to have tbh. It's also nice to see the girls dressed up in their kimonos as a way to celebrate their days together.
Dec 12, 2020 8:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Beautiful episode especially at the end... it was nice to see all the girls with their yukata during the festival but that scene where she sings was the best...
Azu really suffered it's sad to see her like that but at least she has true friends with her.
I really liked all the lanterns in the sea too
Dec 12, 2020 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
Man, Tappei sensei.. please don’t 😔 https://imgur.com/a/t9kOcdd

Death flags so strong for Azu and Miko at this point. Such a beautiful episode seeing the girls have a calm before the storm. Who knows if they’ll ever get to be together like this again. Claudy’s song at the end was a nice way to send us off for the week.

Odin’s betrayal was one of those things that’s so obvious that you don’t believe it because you think it couldn’t be that straightforward lol. He gave off such evil vibes from the jump.

P.S those azu scenes in her room.. 🤤
Dec 12, 2020 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
Very sweet episode, the final few moments were beautiful. From the lanterns in the sky, to Azu and Miyako enjoying themselves in the sky and Claudia singing and tearing up. Even the captain and the mechanic's conversation was great. The whole thing was poignant yet picturesque.

The way the ED just plays after all that is so fitting and beautiful.

All the girls looked great in their Yukatas, loved the way Claudia had her hair tied up and Miyako letting hers down for a change was great too.
I really hope all the girls make it through to the end. :(
Dec 12, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Those death flags. :(

A calm episode this week. Azu has a huge burden and I feel sorry for her. Good thing she has Miko as a friend.
All the girls looked good with their Yukatas.

The last part with the lantern and Claudia's singing was great.

Dec 12, 2020 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
THE HUMAN FALLACY of questioning whether Odin's friend or foe...and it's DAMN clear of his plan of the "Second Coming of Ragnarok" really etching in the harsh truth of reality. He's an enemy I say.

"The Eve before the battle": really readying Tappei Nagatsuki's death flags for the remaining 2 episodes. Regardless, Tateyama Base won't leave the open chance to nothing to know as much of the enemy's tactics before their big battle.

Meanwhile, the Valkyrie girls are readying...for summer festival? Kinda a weird case to happen in this atrocity, but it's normal for them, or so says their last time of bonding memories before sending one another to time their survival or death incoming.

Azuzu has been really hitting it hard with her various dilemmas, and really am glad that someone like Miko is there for her, for both her good and bad times, in sickness and health, till death do us apart?

Their last summer festival together of light-hearted fun, and the symbolism of lanterns sending each and every soul lost while carrying the heavyweight burdens of safe flight.

Now...it's time to fight all you humans against gods.
Dec 12, 2020 9:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the end of the world as foreseen by the mainline gods have already happened while Odin denies it then. Still Odin jumping from an ally to an enemy huh interesting move with Odin literally slapping us in the face. But to think that the location for the final battle will be the Fuji pillar again. Despite the sudden reversal its nice to see that no one has lost heart and that humanity is now even more united than ever. Despite the grim situation i think that having the festival now will have the effect of raising everyone's morale and help prevent any regrets. The interaction between Miko and Anzu as they talked about their fears sure was nice. The girls though really looked nice in their yukata's. But the festival sure proved to be a fun time for both the girls and their friends at the base with the water lanterns and Anzu and Miko's fireworks display being especially so. To guide the dead to the afterlife huh a role that it ablely accomplished. Overall an excellent ep that featured equal bits revelations and heartfelt emotions and determination from everyone in their desire to live a free life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2020 9:22 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Fanservice on point, especially of Azuzu<333
Dec 12, 2020 10:53 AM

Sep 2019
The girls looked so cute in their yukata.
Dec 12, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
So Odin pretty much declared war on the humans. This was to be expected!

That talk between Azu and Miyako on the cliff .... Too many death flags :( Stahp it!

A festival while a crisis is going, only Miyako would come with an idea like that. Looking good though, especially the girls in their Yukata!!

Also underwear Azu was something else!
Dec 12, 2020 2:47 PM

Aug 2018
Looking forward to next week when the action returns.
Dec 12, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2017
Not a bad episode but what are they gonna do? They can't beat Thor and absolutely don't stand a chance against Odin. They also have less people who can fight now.

Unless Azu came up with some super duper genius plan everyone will just die. :(
Dec 12, 2020 5:32 PM

Sep 2020
I still don't understand what Odin's ultimate goal is; he has started another Ragnarok but so what?
This apocalypse 2.0 seems kinda pointless to me.
Dec 12, 2020 7:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn Odin. He really showed his true identity to be a lovely god that loved to threw a random war for human, at those universe. Its his last attempt, for sure, the final moments. As soon as he announced his true intentions at that summit, the last shit must be reached them sooner or later. However, ofc, they must did a little fun agenda first before attending the bloody final battle. Its simply understandable. What a nice idea, Miko-chan. So, yeah, the festival plot was quite welcome to me. The calm before the actual storm. Something to be like that.

The moment of Azu and Miko was quite emotional, there. Together with Claudia momentarily cry. Oh well. Its even so nice to seeing how strong Sonoka feels, there. At the end, they just really needed that little relaxation moment before entering the battlefield, that possibly led them into another death. Cute and wholesomeness word were not enough to explained the girls conditions. Its more deeper than that....

Okay. Lets see how well Azu's plan and the rest of the others Valkyrie actually trying their second rounds to fight Odin and his friend, Thor. Were they actually come up with a proper strategy? Well, i am really looking forward to see the epic moment of the aerial combats again. So, lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 12, 2020 8:06 PM
Jan 2017
Warlords of Sigrdrifa delivers yet another fine episode! The truth about Odin and the Pillars stands revealed and our heroes prepare for what is likely to be their final battle; but before that, it's time for a summer festival. The character moments in this episode were beautiful, and this episode does a fine job at giving the characters one last moment of peace before the big battle. This show is amazing and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Dec 12, 2020 11:01 PM

Apr 2020
Another calm before the inevitable disastrous storm. The Tateyama base conducts a summer festival with our precious Miyako on charge. Azuzu does not like this and she bursts away for the sake of drama.

The last part where the lanterns drifts away on the sea and Claudy once again with her angelic voice hits strong. And Miyako x Azuzu's moment by the rock cliff was really warm (do not give me the death flags Tappei-sensei). It seems that Odin is the enemy (kinda predictable tbh) and the whole world is now united to defeat the GODS for humanity to survive.
Dec 13, 2020 12:32 AM

Apr 2020
Initially I also agreed with Azu, holding a festival when the situation is serious is ridiculous, but it's not bad either, I enjoyed the festival scene and I was happy to hear Claud's monologue.
Dec 13, 2020 2:14 AM

Oct 2017
The Azuzu fanservices were delicious.
Dec 13, 2020 4:21 AM

Oct 2016
Amazing and beautiful episode. Bro, them death flags on Miyako and Azuzu NO! I want all of the Tateyama people especially the main 4 to be happy :(.

That song at the end with Claudia's monologue was beautiful, it's amazing how much Claudia has developed. Calm before the storm, I am not looking forward to the storm.
Dec 13, 2020 6:03 PM

May 2018
The inevitable calm before the storm, before they attack that pillar and hopefully suceed this time.

Miyako flying the plane with fireworks and Claudia singing, while everyone raises their glass, were really good scenes.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 18, 2020 12:17 AM

Oct 2008
this episode of peace reeks of incoming despair and DOOM!
5/5.

Dec 22, 2020 9:12 AM

Sep 2020
Sad & beautiful insert song + matsuri & fireworks + cute girls in tears expressing their love = i cry
Feb 9, 2021 9:16 AM

Mar 2020
Think this was my favorite episode of the show so far.

Gotta admit, I cried towards the end. The beach scene was very heart warming and this all feels very much like the calm before the storm...

Can't wait for the climax of the season to start kicking off...
Feb 21, 2021 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
Bit strange to celebrate a festival after the huge defeat by the thor pillar, but also understandable considering they are going against a literal god who started this whole mess on a whim...chances of survival are quite slim so best to have some fun before shit goes down.

Jun 15, 2021 12:43 AM

Feb 2020
Beautiful and emotional summer festival.
Mar 15, 2022 12:51 AM

May 2020
Azuzu best gurl after all. This should be a festival moment with happiness, but it turn to sad moment. Give an honour to fallen comrades, and to respect them. Flying Air Miyako moment is epic. Emotional episode, festival shouldn't be like this, it make tears drop.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

119 by Flores2412 »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

67 by Lolicon »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:11 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

63 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.