Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 12, 2020 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like the idea of them getting an idol festival getting. It celebrates their talent and brings people together in one place.

However, there's a bit of drama going into this episode to set up the process. Not everything is easy in the first place.
Dec 12, 2020 6:09 AM

Mar 2019
Wonderful episode, lots of risqué scenes, I was a bit stressed that someone would peek over my shoulder, I almost forgot it was this late and that I was the last one in the office anyways.

I've been listening to Koba LaD all day since theya announced (?) it for bnha 5th season
RingareDec 12, 2020 6:12 AM
Dec 12, 2020 6:31 AM

Feb 2019
Probably my 2nd or 3rd fave LL episode of all time. The sexual tension between Ayumu and Yuu was so damn thick today. Ayumu being jealous of Setsuna and Yuu hanging out was really cute, and then that final scene “please just belong to me” ... 🥵🥵. This episode was so gay and I loved it.

10/10 episode
Marinate1016Dec 12, 2020 6:34 AM
Dec 12, 2020 6:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very cringe episode, please stop that whole jealousy plot it's wasting the anime
Dec 12, 2020 6:40 AM

Jan 2019
With this episode we now have the drama. Ayumu is on the way to get a yandere. There is not much missing to cross this daramatic line. Ok, This will not happen, but her love to Yuu is gettig poison.

And I want to mention the scenes with Setsuna/Nana the school council. They are all great!

In the end, I am no Yuri fan. So for me this episode was just mediocre. But I will rewatch this episode, because there are things happening, I still not fully understand. Therefore there is a high possibility, that i will write a second post ;)
Dec 12, 2020 6:56 AM

Apr 2014
Preparation jobs are always hard. Eventually, everything went well in the end, of course!, when you have a student council president who really wants to approve the event as soon as possible. The big event is coming.

Ayumu got herself in a tough situation with her jealously. Hope that the situation will be better in the next episode. “Please just belong to me” and her hug shows that Ayumu really wants to stay with Yuu and doesn't want to lose her to anyone. She might be the first person in Love Live anime that really think about others more than a friend.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 12, 2020 6:58 AM
Jun 2015
ayumu uehara lesbian.
Dec 12, 2020 7:26 AM

Nov 2016
How to make this anime even better? Add some yuri

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 12, 2020 7:47 AM

Nov 2019
That yuri content though ^^

First Karin with her fan from the other school, Setsuna with her Vice President and then Ayumu's yandere-ness showing for Yuu

Dec 12, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2017

Cucked Ayumu is best Ayumu, asserting dominance unlike You.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Dec 12, 2020 8:08 AM

Jan 2019
i was waiting the whole time to see ayumu explode, so the payoff was satisfying. but damn, it be gay af lmao.

"please belong to me" 😅

also kasumin box is important to remember
Dec 12, 2020 8:10 AM

Jul 2012
These cookies are too cute to be eaten. I really don't want to eat them when I get to see them:

I have mixed feelings with this episode. It had some good moments like the Kasumin Box that has alot of messages, but it's mostly focused on Ayumu having a difficult situation. She's so worried if Setsuna's more important to Yu than to Ayumu, and Ayumu wanted to become a school idol just for Yu. It looks like there's going to be some jealousy, but of course Love Live! wouldn't be Love Live! without some kind of drama. I hope episode 12 will be good & relieving.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Dec 12, 2020 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
I guess they did go this route, sorta reused the You-Chika plot from Sunshine in a different way cause this time, it's Ayumu coming on strong.

The vice president of the student council becoming a Setsuna with Setsuna right in the room was hilarious.

Curious to see how they are gonna handle the drama.
Dec 12, 2020 8:12 AM
Dec 2013
Ayumu's jealousy was surpassing any kind of LL Character problem.

What an unexpected episode and also this anime series!!!!
Dec 12, 2020 8:28 AM

Sep 2019
Ayumu is one of my least liked Love Live girls, her jealousy is too much.
Dec 12, 2020 8:36 AM

Oct 2013
...and then they fucked

gg Yandere Ayumu
Dec 12, 2020 8:46 AM

Aug 2019
This episode doing a great job highlighting on Ayumu jealousy. Every frame and camera was prepared for the final moment. I'm satisfied
Dec 12, 2020 8:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well god damn, shit just got real lol

dem yuri vibes XD
Dec 12, 2020 9:15 AM

Aug 2020
this is basically you watanabe's drama all over again
this ep kinda meh but it's still fun to see
that yuri at the end of the ep tho, way to go ayumu.
Dec 12, 2020 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
The yuri content this episode. *intense sweating*
Dec 12, 2020 11:38 AM

Mar 2016
Just my personal take here:

It truly seems like they're thinking this through. Instead of just for the sake of Idol competition and/or saving their club/school, it's a festival for the sake for both the performers and all the fans and audience. However, it doesn't come without the dramatic complications. I'm very on edge and picky when it comes to drama writing, but I feel like the implementation of Ayumu's jealousy actually adds more meaning to what the narrative has been rolling with so far....not everything should be "sunshine and flowers" and/or "black and white". I really like shows that can do this without too much hitches, although I do enjoy my share of monotoned series. (like Mushishi and Casshern Sins)

Can't wait to see where this is headed, and whether or not this will have a genuine sense of urging more progression from the cast without being too overbearing (something like how OG IdolMaster did).
Dec 12, 2020 11:39 AM

Jul 2008
Ayumu is acting so ridiculous.
Dec 12, 2020 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
nothing new here
we already know that LoveLive can't bring something new, specially when we talk about drama stuff
its just the generic or the same ideas of other seasons but i still like this show, thats funny
well, i didnt know Ayumu was like this, i though she was the must protecc child but wow here she is
and this was the gayest episode of LL i've ever seen lol
Know your place, fool. - Ryomen Sukuna
Dec 12, 2020 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Damn Ayumu, now I wanna see her holding a knaifu and stares Nana with her dead eyes XD
Dec 12, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2011
What the hell im watching? Since when love live is yuri?
Dec 12, 2020 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
Love Live's hard yuri scenes? I-I'm not excited to see more of it at all I s-swear..
Dec 12, 2020 2:34 PM
May 2020

After the commotion of episode 10 I was aware that this episode was gonna be dedicated to Ayumu and her jealousy for Setsuna because of Yuu but... this episode went beyond everything I imagined. This episode literally makes the You jealousy in Sunshine look like baby stuff. I'm... pretty shocked not gonna lie. I never EVER thought a Love Live! episode would ever go and end this way. I can't even imagine what will happen on episode 12... will Yuu and Ayumu kiss? Will Ayumu confess her undying love her? I swear to god if there will actually be a Love Live! anime episode with 2 girls kissing each other... I won't really know how to feel. I will be completely... I don't even know. I lost all of the possible words for this situation. I can already tell this episode had some serious yandere shit. I was insane. I can't actually believe yandere Ayumu is becoming cannon.
Dec 12, 2020 3:18 PM

Apr 2015
Damn Karin, you smooth talker!!!

So many venues and the support is incredible. The School Idol Club is getting help offered from all kinds of other clubs from the school.

Glad to see that the student council allowed the festival and approved their application. Setsuna almost giving herself away in excitement. Can't blame her, cause even I am very excited to see this festival!
Dec 12, 2020 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
Surprised, even if Setsuna is the council president.. it's still not easy to get the event approved.

Kasumin box is funny and cute. xD

did not expect Ayumu to be possessive like this. My first impression on Ayumu-bun has neen shattered! lol
Dec 12, 2020 4:27 PM

Jul 2008
I assume Yuu is going to write "Nijiiro Passions" and the main girls are all going to perform it in ep 13?
Dec 12, 2020 4:42 PM

Aug 2018
Hands down the worst ep of the show so far. My initial image of Ayumu was already significantly worsened by the hints about her jealous side that sifas' story gave occasionally but this ep just took it to the next level and well now I hate her more than anyone in the cast. Good job anime. One more reason to not use anime as a basis for rankings and stick to sifas' story.
Also a side note - aqours' love triangle episode was so much better, it's unbelievable. Same type of drama but with a great execution that, while showing not the most positive trait of You's personality, still doesn't make her character/personality look bad at all.
Dec 12, 2020 5:34 PM

Aug 2011
Gar_Logan said:
I assume Yuu is going to write "Nijiiro Passions" and the main girls are all going to perform it in ep 13?

Probably Tokimeki Runner, new group song or Yuu solo song.
Dec 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
CrazyFrogz said:
Gar_Logan said:

Yeah my only reason for guessing Nijiro Passions is that in the convo between Yuu and Ayumu this ep, Ayumu talked about everyone having "different colors" which is also used a lot in the lyrics of the OP.
Dec 12, 2020 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
this seemed far more yuri than the usual , Ayumu out here acting like a fool meanwhile everyone else is just doing their best for the fes

i'm bummed this is our image of her now super possessive

but at least we had Karin whipping out the ara ara and a chin grab max charm levels.

and they really had to throw in the meme corner face at some point huh
Dec 12, 2020 6:16 PM

Mar 2020
Well this is an interesting development. Ayumu wants to keep Yuu all to herself.

Karen be making girls fall for her.
Dec 12, 2020 6:24 PM
Jan 2016
I have been having qualms about this "solo idol" concept for a while now but... What the hell is going on with this episode?! I had to wipe my glasses and double check to make sure that I wasn't watching Citrus by mistake... I love me my yuri melodrama but this feels so contrived!

Love Live is supposed to be about goofy friendships, overcoming hardship together, crafting new stories, the whole being more than sum of the parts... I have to say I'm hugely disappointed by the direction this episode has decided to take with Ayumu.

Also are they never going to perform together as a unit? Man I miss Aqours.
limmaestroDec 12, 2020 6:30 PM
Dec 12, 2020 6:27 PM

Aug 2011
Gar_Logan said:
CrazyFrogz said:

Yeah my only reason for guessing Nijiro Passions is that in the convo between Yuu and Ayumu this ep, Ayumu talked about everyone having "different colors" which is also used a lot in the lyrics of the OP.

I think probably new group song sine they want to sell the cd.
Dec 12, 2020 8:57 PM
Apr 2013
Calling this the worst episode because it depicts "yuri" is far too simplistic, and to be frank, quite unfair to the series in my opinion.

Does the last five minutes contain any romantic subtext? You could say it does, and I do share the same opinion. But it is also important to remember that many people do not see it that way. What they see is a girl whose only friend is her neighbor, feeling lonely and betrayed by the latter for not upholding the promise they made earlier. And these feelings were built up over the course of the series (with tiny, subtle moments during the first half and more directly shown in these two episodes), culminating in the outburst of emotions in the last five minutes of this episode.

That, objectively speaking, is not "yuri". It's perfectly normal human behavior, even more so in the case of Ayumu who is implied to have an awkward, shy, even possessive personality. I'm willing to bet that over half of the commenters here have met at least one person in their lives who is like that.

On the other hand, is one allowed to view that scene in a "yuri" lens? Absolutely. But demeaning the writing of the episode because of what you subjectively saw, without considering other possible perceptions, is going a little too far.
Dec 12, 2020 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
Ayumu's character arc was better in the game. Ayumu reason for being upset with Yuu made more sense.

Her character arc in the game also helped develop another character. Unfortunately, that character isn't in the anime.

Dec 12, 2020 10:56 PM

Dec 2007
Do we have to do the "main protag goes jelly" arc in every season of idol anime?
Dec 13, 2020 12:03 AM

Oct 2007
depending on what the next episode will be... I might actually be buying some more from this show. Already bought something, but might buy even more now.

if they had showed me this earlier, could have added their cd to the previous items batch ordered from CDJapan. Now, have to pay shipping charges again. Paypal is always ready.. if the next episode offers a good resolution to the Ayumu problem.
Liddo-kunDec 13, 2020 12:21 AM
Dec 13, 2020 4:10 AM

Aug 2019
guess I’m in the minority of people that thought this was a good episode, made this season a bit interesting if this isn’t just yuri bait
snowykevinDec 13, 2020 4:15 AM
Dec 13, 2020 4:15 AM

Aug 2012
ah yes, the baiting is strong in this episode. Doubt they will go that road (but if it does...will be a surprise..)
Dec 13, 2020 5:03 AM

Dec 2018
I love this episode. Usually love live girls share each other. But my little lesbian angel Ayumu wants her girlfriend all for herself ,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES

She almost interrogated Yuuki. Demanded to know what the fuck are you doing with my girlfriend? All that jealousy are gold for me, So much sweet Yuri

Ayumu honey! I am so impressed! I never thought you have it in you. You are my little tiger and should fight for your girlfriend to four fill your dream. Marry her and grow old together,,,YEEEEEEEEEES Keep on fighting sweetheart and I will cheer for you all the way

IMO this may be the best episode in the history of love live . The Yuri is stronger then ever before

Yuri-CrusaderDec 13, 2020 8:09 AM
Dec 13, 2020 5:31 AM

Oct 2007
oh, forgot to say.. I'm well aware that this is just baiting by the writers.. but there are kinds of yuri bait that make me spend money (won't give example, but there are many), and there are kinds of bait that makes me severely dislike a show (example: first season Hibike). So will be observing next episode which kind of bait this is....
Liddo-kunDec 13, 2020 8:01 AM
Dec 13, 2020 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
limmaestro said:
I have been having qualms about this "solo idol" concept for a while now but... What the hell is going on with this episode?! I had to wipe my glasses and double check to make sure that I wasn't watching Citrus by mistake... I love me my yuri melodrama but this feels so contrived!

Love Live is supposed to be about goofy friendships, overcoming hardship together, crafting new stories, the whole being more than sum of the parts... I have to say I'm hugely disappointed by the direction this episode has decided to take with Ayumu.

Also are they never going to perform together as a unit? Man I miss Aqours.

I completely agree with you. I had to put the series on hold after reading what happened in this episode, so I'm waiting for it to finish airing before watching the rest so I don't get fucked by cliffhangers. The drama lately has just been so forced and it doesn't feel right at all, at least for a love live series.

Maybe a better title for this anime would be 'Love Live!: Angsty Idol Club'
Dec 13, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2019
Those twins are more adorable than any of the 10 main girls

@limmaestro

You miss Aqours but ain't Sunshine the most notorious in yuri baits? That's quite a contradiction don't you think? I don't see this is any different from You hugging Chika because she got jealous

It's yuri bait coz it's platonic, there's just no yuri in LL as much as I want it have it

@p4rad0x-

Ayo Imma need the source pic for that KasuAri fam otp
Haunt88Dec 13, 2020 7:49 AM
Dec 13, 2020 7:50 AM

Dec 2011
What the fffuck is happening?

I was okay with all that shoujo-ai teasing and stuff, it was also in the other Love Live series, but bruh... the drama, those unsolicited and strong yuri vibes are ruining the show. It was supposed to be about chasing dreams and stuff, something goofy but relaxing to watch, not some yandere shit out of nowhere, like seriously.

I also honestly thought they would finally perform as one unit, but there they go with this "they are so different after all" shtick until the very end. Setting up so many stages would normally take enormous amounts of work too lmao. This is getting out of control.

And there I thought this show would be most enjoyable of all of LL.
Dec 13, 2020 8:23 AM

Oct 2007
despairazure said:

Cucked Ayumu is best Ayumu, asserting dominance unlike You.

that made me laugh. Best Ayumu indeed.

and now I realize why she is looking at Takasaki like that in the OP theme. lol

Dec 13, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2018
Surprised to see people asking when have LL ever have Yuri in it. Well it have always been strong at the Yuri =P

This is the cd cover from the first season even named lily white. Do you know how to say lily in Japanese? Yuri . And the white lily is the strongest symbol used in Japan when they portrays lesbians in anime and manga. So IMO its noting new they just ramp it up

Please dont take this the wrong way. I respect your opinions and interpretations of this fictional media. I am just a bit surprised how the Yuri is received

Yuri-CrusaderDec 13, 2020 9:24 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NV2301 - Dec 26, 2020

99 by Desaturate »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.