Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 12, 2020 11:34 AM

Dec 2019
Great episode again, clichè done right in my opinion. Really looking forward the next one.
Dec 12, 2020 12:37 PM
Jan 2020
Alpha_Druid said:
jerryjoonie said:

- The "explaining your techniques gives you an upper hand" has already been told by Nanami. Even Mahito understood that. Episode 9.
- Nanamin decided not to use his techniques on Mahito because the latter's Idle Transfiguration is a bad match up for them + he's tired and injured and just one-two more touches from Mahito would kill him. Episode 10.
- Mahito's "immortal" because he himself said it's not healing - he strongly maintains the shape of his own soul. And yeah, bad match up. Episode 10.

My friend. Please do rewatch some episodes in your free time.

Regarding other points - I don't even wanna say anything. You seem picky as hell. Do you press play with grudge? Do you ever notice anything good about this anime? Your life okay? U good?

I'm picky only because the exposition broke the immersion. Normally, I overlook such trivial stuff because other things are good enough.

I don't see no reason to believe that how explaining powers to the opponent makes you stronger? When was it previously established that one can do that? He made a pact with whom? Apparently, now anyone can have any power that is needed for the plot. Much like the shit pulled in HxH. Sorry, I side tracked a bit, but it seems a new problem has been uncovered due to that.

What reason does Nanami has to believe what his opponent says, like when Mahito says he's immortal? So Nanami was tired but still gave it all for a non fatal blow? Why would he do that?
Almost as if the author doesn't want to kill Mahito yet. Basically, blatant plot armor.

You don't address my other points because you don't have an answer to them. So you resort to ad hominem.

I-
Friend, what do I even do with you
Explaining your power to the enemy in JJK increases its effectiveness because it’s basically a contract. By giving up information on how your power works you lose that element of surprise and give the enemy knowledge so in return you gain an increase in effectiveness. If it misleads - even better. This was explained in episode 9 (rewatch it, really), and there will be more details told by other characters.

Nanamin doesn't even need to believe Mahito's explanation when he already saw 7/3 doesn't affect the curse. Mahito deadass waved his broken arm like a flag and reformed it with ease. Nanamin furthermore being unable to harm Mahito properly just proves his fear (bad match up).
Even with Overtime (another contract now based on time), if wounded Nanami comes close to Mahito, one touch could kill him so he opted to destroy the wall with increased cursed energy, distract Mahito and give the curse a "goodbye for now" blow. What's there not to understand?
jerryjoonieDec 12, 2020 12:46 PM
Dec 12, 2020 12:47 PM

May 2015
RIP hot milf. She will be missed.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 12, 2020 1:40 PM

Dec 2020
I read the manga but I've really been enjoying the anime.
Aside from the animation the soundtrack's really good.
The way the music can go from rap to dark souls music like the one that played at the end of the episode is really impressive.
Can't wait to see how they'll adapt the laughing scene.
Dec 12, 2020 2:14 PM

May 2018
As soon as I saw Junpei's mom I knew that she was going to die this episode lolol

Also Nanamin's overtime is amazing
Dec 12, 2020 3:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. Finally i had a time to watch this latest episode. Then i must be honest that its actually Getou arranged all of those thing, which cause me a bit of surprised. Well, it should be happening, since i know that Mahito was Getou friend. So, yeah, that mother death was really unavoidable scenario. Rip. Evil sorcerer Getou took the lead again at this episode, after knowing that he was actually the one behind the juvenile center incident too. Damn!

To be my surprise, Nanami was also survive from that Mahito's child play. Well, actually its both of his luck and effort to make that happened, at the end he decided to retreated. The explanations of his technique was also nice too. Its actually the ratio technique, the name of his technique. Thats kinda cool, knewing all of those line imaginery was actually not just the background display and to put up his imagination to pinned the critical/weak point. Its really his technique that could even blow up the target by imbues his cursed energy, and span the line toward even to non living object. Well, after that, the visualization still cool and he succeeded to retreated. However, its just a temporary, he decided to still play with Mahito. And i must say, its not a good decision....

Well, Junpei and Itadori situation was not so good there. Junpei looked so angry and released his cursed technique, or even, was that cursed spirit (?) to the wrong one. They both actually get manipulated, and Junpei became Getou's puppet. So, well, to make this short, lets see what happened nexr inside those looks alike Mahito's domain expansion (or not?). Its must be entertaining much that make me decide to post-poned watching this.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 12, 2020 6:08 PM

Aug 2015
Well, highlight of the episode is that Junpei´s mom is hot as hell, or well, was. Besides that it was more than obvious that he was going to be emotionally manipulated. Not its Yuuji time to "save" him and he will be added to the Sorcery School. It doesn´t take a genius to see any of that.

What I truly wonder is what the fuck Getou wants or what his goal is, since he and Gojou are familiar with each other (kinda obvious by this point) and I don´t find Mahito appealing at all.

Kinda weird that while all of this is happening, Nobara and the others are just messing around in the "training" they are doing.

Finally, the Nanami fight was weird, like I can see the good animation but the choreography didn´t make sense at all, and it was kinda hard to understand what he really did until the end. Also, why not killing that thing if he was that desperate to exorcise it? I understand it was more of a scouting mission, but still what was the point of cutting a leg. Put a goddamn mark on his head or something. What a ripoff of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. This show really takes a lot from others without too much discretion.
Dec 12, 2020 7:08 PM

Jul 2020
Junpei got the personality of a school shooter... yikes
Dec 12, 2020 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Kento gave a good fight but he got injured, i still wonder how those 2 would fight at 100%.
Yuuji is such a cold kid! I was really enjoying his scenes with Junpei, but that poor kid...he was baited, and now, damn... I just hope he will find out the truth about who actually killed his mom and who is at fault.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 12, 2020 9:12 PM
Jan 2017
Pronunciation of numbers, in Japanese
7(Nana、shichi):3(san、mi)
Dec 12, 2020 10:29 PM

May 2018
Omg Junpei hates the fact that his mom smokes because he was traumatized by those school bullies, I'm a manga reader but I never made that connection, I thought he was just worried about her health or smth but she says that he asked not to smoke in front of him

Dec 12, 2020 10:48 PM

Nov 2014
HulkAgiota said:
LOL, that guy is literally a torturer, even if he is "the wrong person" (LOL) he is one of the mfs who fucked with junpei's life and consequently made his mother die. He deserves to die just like the other pieces of shit who tortured junpei.
He didn't do anything to "consequently" made Junpei's mom die. Her death was caused by the curses. That bully/torturer have no idea what curses even are how is he supposed to cause her death?
Dec 13, 2020 12:13 AM
Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:
Another trashy episode.
>Nanami explaining his powers to the enemy for no reason other than exposition for the viewers.
>Nanami not killing his opponent after having the upper hand.
>Mahito explaining his power to the Getou guy. Same shit as Nanami.
>Cheesy and cringey moments between Yuji, Junpei and the mother.
>The mother being nothing more than being a plot device to further Junpei's descent into darkness.
>Cringey philosophy and psuedo-intellectual bullshit about not killing by Yuji-sama.
>Events happening one after another with no coherence among them.
>The story elements not given enough time/ not fleshed out enough for the viewer to care.
>Kind of a personal opinion but the fight choreography is complete shit this episode as well. Not a single fight after the Sukuna vs Curse womb has came close it. Be it choreography, the impact of the blows, camera work, etc.

You just have to watch it again.

Sorry, but this is the stupidest opinion I've ever seen. You are harshly criticizing something you basically don't understand.

just a suggestion, if you want to criticize an anime to make it look "elite" do it right, don't be stupid like this.
Dec 13, 2020 3:46 AM
Jul 2020
It's so good because Itadori he's strong
Dec 13, 2020 4:30 AM

Jul 2020
ManWild said:
Amazing episode. My favorite part of the episode was definitely the character dynamic between Itadori and Junpei.(it's unfortunate how it looks like they won't be friendly with each other anymore with the way the episode ended.) They feel very natural talking to each other and it's great to watch.

Itadori's conversation about killing and how if he kills the value of life of in general and the way he perceives the idea of it really added lots of character to him. It's also clear that he's growing as a character through his conversation with Nanami. Can't wait for next week. I loved this episode
I really hope that Yuuji talks some sense into Yoshino and makes him realise who the real bad guy is but I haven't seen the manga so I got no clue whats gonna happen next
Dec 13, 2020 4:31 AM

Jul 2020
jerryjoonie said:
also shotadori? bless mappa
NEW PROFILE PICTURE ALERTTTTTTT
Dec 13, 2020 6:02 AM
Oct 2019
Nanami Overtime mode is Incredible!!!

F for the MILF

Sadly Junpei didn't realize he is being manipulate by Mahito...
Dec 13, 2020 6:38 AM

Sep 2018
Although there was a certain inconsistency between what was seen and what was perceived during the narration, the comedy was enjoyable, almost sorry for the death of the mother of the character of Junpei, as well as for the brevity of the fight which, however, leaves a good impression on the level of emotional impact. Perhaps the script in the final part is a bit obvious, but the most interesting thing is the relationship between the character of Mahito and Geto, the latter does not seem to tell it right. The villains' plan of action seems to be a bit weak, because they take for granted perhaps a little too much. The Itadori and Ijichi duo are hilarious, although not so much when Itadori's character is with Gojo. Ah! I hope that Nobara and the other characters will soon return to the limelight, however I miss them, despite the direction made interesting the episode. The dialogic comedy of the usual sketch at the end of the episode was very funny.
Dec 13, 2020 7:07 AM
Aug 2016
nanimeanswhat said:
Awww no Juju Stroll this week. Bummer.

I wonder why Junpei doesn’t even question a weird looking dude with stitches all over not even once lol but welp, what happened happened and now it seems like we’ll be focusing on the other students too next week.

RIP Junpei’s mum. The latest victim of the latest shounen plot...

Because at that point of time, those bullies are more evil than the evil stitches guy who helped Junpei destroy those bullies. The current Junpei have regard everyone is evil other than his mother, and that's why every life is equal, even its a evil sorcereer.
Dec 13, 2020 9:09 AM

Apr 2018
F to hot milf. Deserved better.
Dec 13, 2020 9:44 AM

Mar 2019
Joei-12 said:
the artistic section is getting worse and worse it's as if they really didn't work in the slightest.

And what happened towards the end of the episode. Did they forget that the Junpei blows had to convey anger and rage the only thing I felt when seeing those blows was sleepy. they even omitted the detail of how the eye of the bully got infected.

the worst thing is that they had the time to make an unnecessary shot at Mahito's feet and a close shot yeah Dude because that's what people want to see

Yeah it is clear that they focused more on the fights than moments like this. It's a shame since the Manga does such a good job at conveying everything perfectly when all the anime can do is cool fight scenes.
Dec 13, 2020 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
What a shame, his mother was so much more interesting and fun than Junpei himself :/
I'm glad he was fleshed out a little at least, but they kinda ruined it by killing his mother like three seconds later and turning him into an even more edgy and tragic character (who's only being bullied/losing his mom for the sake of it) immediatly after.
I hope his evil phase doesn't last too long ^^'

I really liked Itadori this episode tho (his interactions with Junpei were really nice)! :)
He's growing on me.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Dec 13, 2020 11:17 AM

Sep 2015
Are they building up a romance subplot between Yuuji and Junpei?

It would be pretty cool to see them go in that direction, that's never really been done in Shonen before
Dec 13, 2020 11:20 AM
Dec 2020
EckhartPilgrim said:
Didn't read the manga but it felt rushed as hell.

The antagonists have zero charisma, can't get excited about anything they are planning.

This is exactly what i thought at first when i read the manga a year ago. The antagonists seem lacking and instead of giving the antagonist vibes, they felt like normal goons.

But rest assure.. there is an appeal to the villains and why some people praise them. (Imo i also think they are really that good now) *change of heart haha 😅
Dec 13, 2020 12:49 PM

Jun 2019
Alpha_Druid said:
Another trashy episode.
>Nanami explaining his powers to the enemy for no reason other than exposition for the viewers.
>The mother being nothing more than being a plot device to further Junpei's descent into darkness.
>Cringey philosophy and psuedo-intellectual bullshit about not killing by Yuji-sama.
>The story elements not given enough time/ not fleshed out enough for the viewer to care.
>Kind of a personal opinion but the fight choreography is complete shit this episode as well. Not a single fight after the Sukuna vs Curse womb has came close it. Be it choreography, the impact of the blows, camera work, etc.

Totally agree with what you wrote, specially that last opinion. I mean it's right on everyone's faces, I guess fans can get pretty blind to issues like that sometimes.
Dec 13, 2020 3:12 PM
Mar 2020
Is it just me or this anime has a HUGE bnha influence?
Not saying that's bad, I'm really in love with this anime, but Mahito gave me some Shigaraki vibes in this episode, and Gojo really reminds me All Might, but sorcerer xD
Anyway this episode was really cool, and i really like the friendship between Yuji and Yoshino.
Dec 13, 2020 3:35 PM

Jun 2015
XPoison said:
Omg Junpei hates the fact that his mom smokes because he was traumatized by those school bullies, I'm a manga reader but I never made that connection, I thought he was just worried about her health or smth but she says that he asked not to smoke in front of him

Oh damn I never made the connection but now that u say that... it makes sense why she said "I promised i won't smoke infront of you".
NycroDec 13, 2020 4:23 PM
Dec 13, 2020 3:43 PM

Apr 2018
Damn R.I.P Junpei's mom, it would make sense that Junpei would want to get revenge on the one who planted that Sakuna finger on his mom.
Dec 14, 2020 12:22 AM
Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:
Another trashy episode.

First.. i want to ask you.. is this a troll? Nanami explained his ability is because of the cursed technique pact "revealing hand". Explaining a curse technique makes the curse user more powerful. Its been explained beforehand with the gojo vs jogo fight. You clearly didnt even paid attention so all your arguments fell down quickly 😕.
Dec 14, 2020 1:23 AM

Feb 2018
I knew this would happen but wanted to stay positive...I'm torturing myself with positive ideas :D
Dec 14, 2020 7:10 AM

Dec 2016
I feel bad for Junpei. He trusts Mahito so much but he's actually being used by them...

Junpei's mom was so fun and nice.

Those three getting along so well and Junpei laughing like that was so wholesome, too bad that it was short lived...

Ijichi: I'll probably cry
Ijichi the Zenitsu in your heart is showing ≧∇≦

Nanami without glasses is quite fine ◐.̃◐
Dec 14, 2020 4:24 PM

Oct 2019
Phenomenal episode.
Nice conversation about movies between Yuji and Yoshino. That was seriously beautiful to watch, pretty realistic too. Akutami is a pretty good writer when it comes to realism.
Mahito and Junpei’s relationship seems BL, we kind of got hints of it earlier... but now I’m somewhat sure—
Mahito and Geto seemed cool... why did Geto just walk off? Damn, are they hyping him up or something? We haven’t seen him fight yet.
Good cliffhanger ending. Makes me want to watch the next episode.
Dec 14, 2020 6:35 PM

Oct 2008
This is gonna be unavoidable clash between Itadori vs Junpei!
shame the mom of Junpei is such an milf that got foddered!
5/5.

Dec 14, 2020 10:09 PM

Jan 2019
Are Junpei's scars supposed to be cigarette burns? Would make sense why he asked his mom not to smoke in front of him. Now the question is- did she do that, or did his fern obscured dad?

This is the first episode that has felt rushed. Also was a shame we got all hyped up for a fight that was over as soon as it started. Still, we've got plenty of season left here.
Dec 14, 2020 11:10 PM
Jan 2020
aplacebeyondMAL said:
Are Junpei's scars supposed to be cigarette burns? Would make sense why he asked his mom not to smoke in front of him. Now the question is- did she do that, or did his fern obscured dad?

This is the first episode that has felt rushed. Also was a shame we got all hyped up for a fight that was over as soon as it started. Still, we've got plenty of season left here.

There were a few very short instances when you could see it were bullies who scarred Junpei (ep 9 when Mahito moved his bangs away, revealing cigarette scars, and ep 10 when Sotomura-sensei approached him). Junpei's mom is too nice for that.
Dec 15, 2020 4:04 AM
May 2019
This episode made me laugh at Yuji's impersonation of Cast Away, I wasn't expecting it hahahahahha

But I got so sad when Junpei showed his cigarettes scars (we found out why he didn't like his mom smoking). We know he suffered pretty much bullying, but seeing it made me sick and understand his hate.
Dec 15, 2020 7:43 AM

Jul 2013
I sympathize with Junpei but man this kid is fucking dumb
Dec 15, 2020 4:56 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Aw, the mum was nice ;-;
Dec 15, 2020 6:08 PM

Jul 2012
I was finally able to watch this episode!

Yuuji never fails to crack me up. The way he made a friend just like that was just awesome!

Junpei can't catch a break, man. Poor mama, that was way too sad :(

Also, I know Gojou is the "popular husbando" now but damn Nanami is making me fall hard lol... he's such a hot badass!
Dec 16, 2020 12:17 AM
Feb 2019
ttcchen said:
zygyterza said:
there's always a moment in anime about fighting naiveness and i guess this is the time kinda boring because we know itadori need to cross it anyway

By naiveness... do you mean Yuji's refusal to kill another human? If so, I don't see how that is naive.
nope that's not what i mean i was meant to talk about a storyline about this kind of naiveness on killing others not only itadori ( i took him as an example ) but the whole debate in the anime storyline because this kind of perspective ain't only apply to itadori but every protagonist on jujutsu
Dec 16, 2020 9:29 AM

Feb 2020
I feel bad for Junpei mom, she was a nice character.
I get hyped for a fight between Junpei and Itadori.
Dec 16, 2020 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
I'm starting to get really cornerned what might happen to these characters :O
Dec 16, 2020 8:09 PM

Nov 2014
zygyterza said:
ttcchen said:

By naiveness... do you mean Yuji's refusal to kill another human? If so, I don't see how that is naive.
nope that's not what i mean i was meant to talk about a storyline about this kind of naiveness on killing others not only itadori ( i took him as an example ) but the whole debate in the anime storyline because this kind of perspective ain't only apply to itadori but every protagonist on jujutsu
Im sorry. What? JJK only has 1 protagonist and that's Yuji. And what naiveness on killing others? Are you saying characters like Nanamin are being naive for feeling bad about killing others despite not hesitating when he had to kill transfigured humans? i don't get what u mean by the "whole debate in the anime storyline". can u elaborate further?
Dec 16, 2020 8:17 PM

Jul 2016
Well, that sure was a quick introduction followed by an equally quick disposal, uh? RIP Junpei's mother, I guess. I was really liking her character despite the little screen-time she got.

Kinda okay episode overall. Mahito's mindset interests me but his execution as an antagonist leaves to be desired. For someone who knows so much about the soul and the place of humans in the great scheme of things, his way of acting isn't much different from your standard shounen villain. Guess he really is just a kid like Nanami said.

As for Junpei, the kid is having it quite rough right now so I can't really blame him for going full vengeful emo with his classmates. Wonder what Yuuji will have to do in order to stop him.
SouthRzVaDec 16, 2020 8:23 PM
Dec 16, 2020 8:26 PM

Jul 2017
Nanamin's Overtime is amazing, I love it. Junpei is a sweetheart. I like Yuuji's response to killing someone, it seemed to rub off on Junpei. His poor mother :( . Mahito's veil is pretty neat. I'm excited to see the next episode play out betweeen Yuuji and Junpei.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Dec 17, 2020 8:29 AM
Feb 2019
ttcchen said:
zygyterza said:
Im sorry. What? JJK only has 1 protagonist and that's Yuji. And what naiveness on killing others? Are you saying characters like Nanamin are being naive for feeling bad about killing others despite not hesitating when he had to kill transfigured humans? i don't get what u mean by the "whole debate in the anime storyline". can u elaborate further?
i know yuji is the only main protagonist but in my opinion other characters are also side protagonist lykwim because yuji development is also depend on the other chara from jujutsu academy ideology, i know nanamin didn't hesitate to kill the transfigured and it also indirectly affecting yuji but still the main plot of the story is about whether or not the chara able to lose emotions to kill the transfigured so either way it's still the same thing because it's reflected on the story. but honestly this kind of story line cannot be avoided because there's only two possibilities either make a extreme and unrealistic will to kill someone or being naive, imo this storyline is still the best choices for the anime although i said it was kinda boring but it doesn't means i want it to be the otherway. i don't read the manga so idk if there'll be development in the future but my words was meant for this episode only not for the whe anime
Dec 17, 2020 9:12 AM
Dec 2016
In this episode, how come Getou said (in the school scene with Mahito) that the "the finger from the juvenile center quickly absorbed into Itaodori Yuuji" ? Did Yuuji eat one at that center?
Dec 17, 2020 5:21 PM

Nov 2014
zygyterza said:
ttcchen said:
i know yuji is the only main protagonist but in my opinion other characters are also side protagonist lykwim because yuji development is also depend on the other chara from jujutsu academy ideology, i know nanamin didn't hesitate to kill the transfigured and it also indirectly affecting yuji but still the main plot of the story is about whether or not the chara able to lose emotions to kill the transfigured so either way it's still the same thing because it's reflected on the story. but honestly this kind of story line cannot be avoided because there's only two possibilities either make a extreme and unrealistic will to kill someone or being naive, imo this storyline is still the best choices for the anime although i said it was kinda boring but it doesn't means i want it to be the otherway. i don't read the manga so idk if there'll be development in the future but my words was meant for this episode only not for the whe anime

ok i see where you're coming from now. It's understandable why you may come to that conclusion from this episode alone, however, that isn't the main plot of the story. The next few episodes should give you the answer to your questions/theory.
Dec 18, 2020 11:19 AM
Jan 2020
Luckaret313 said:
In this episode, how come Getou said (in the school scene with Mahito) that the "the finger from the juvenile center quickly absorbed into Itaodori Yuuji" ? Did Yuuji eat one at that center?

Not really Yuuji, but Sukuna. He took the finger from the special grade curse's chest and ate it in front of Fushiguro.
Geto mentioned how he was the one placing the finger in the juvenile center in ep 5. A huge mastermind Geto is.
Dec 19, 2020 1:32 PM

Jul 2008
Damn it when they introduced the mom I saw this coming....damn it these curses are screwing this kid over.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.