Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2020 11:58 AM
The memelord

Feb 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Such a good movie, almost teared up at the end. Kudo is just so cute. Her doing the “kinniku yay yay” at the beginning was super adorable too.

However, I didn’t want to see the precious, pure, Kudo doing such lewd, indecent things.............like handholding.

The music was amazing in this as well. I hope to find full versions of all the songs soon.
My Candies:
Main:
Dec 9, 2020 12:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Loved it, with the limited time they had and it being a crowdfunding project, i was way surprised with what i got.

Brought all the Little Busters! nostalgia back, too.
Dec 9, 2020 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
Seeing Little Busters! again was so amazing <3 I wish we had more group interactions but it makes sense considering the story.

I love the art style so much and I really missed Riki.

Saya appearing for a cameo did my heart well, but it being at a cemetary.......
Dec 9, 2020 2:06 PM

Mar 2016
Real talk, Little Busters is one of the few times I really appreciate Jun Maeda’s work. Unfortunately this movie felt rather rushed to me, though perhaps it was a matter of adapting issues, cause apparently Kud Wafter is supposed to be some separate spinoff from the main LN. The emotions weren’t there for me this time around, but at least seeing Kud facing her inner weaknesses with some help was still a nice thing to see.

Sadly underwhelming for me, personally, but not a total disappointment by any means.
Dec 9, 2020 2:35 PM

Jan 2008
Well, Ryuseishun, it felt rushed to you because it WAS rushed. You'd need at least 6 episodes to fully do justice to the VN. They only had a third of that. It's unfortunate, but we take what we can.

It was great to see the gang again, and Kud is just so damn adorable.
Dec 9, 2020 2:43 PM

Jan 2017
This could have be SO MUCH BETTER If It had double the time to adapt things more properly without Rushing. BUT Still good, I am so glad that I am still alive to see this
Dec 9, 2020 5:11 PM
Sep 2010
Oh well, it was way too rushed to be good on its own, and I wouldn’t recommend it to people who haven’t played the game, but as someone who knows the plot of Kud Wafter I enjoyed it anyway.
Dec 9, 2020 8:25 PM
May 2020
am i the only one crying. I wish Kud was the main heroine because she the best they should make a whole series about her.
Dec 10, 2020 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
Wish I could have liked the movie. First half was some decent SOL and it was nice seeing the gang together again. The actual serious part of the movie was kind of a rushed mess though. It relied way too much on you being familiar with Kud's characterization and relationships from the OG series/visual novel. Even as someone who does remember, I still felt like I was missing something important. The transition to the closed world stuff in the middle of the movie was so jarring it was almost funny.
Dec 10, 2020 9:44 AM

Feb 2018
Am I the only one who feels nothing after watching this? I've been watching Key a lot lately. This all makes no difference, happy at the beginning sad at the end. Even so I was attracted to Kud. Ma, this isn't bad.
Dec 10, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
sekai_sshi said:
Oh well, it was way too rushed to be good on its own, and I wouldn’t recommend it to people who haven’t played the game, but as someone who knows the plot of Kud Wafter I enjoyed it anyway.

I haven't played the game. But I watched both the anime for Little Busters, Little Busters EX, and Little Busters Refrain. It seemed to happen after the Kud ark in the Refrain series. Well I did submit a correction to have it connected to Little Busters Refrain since the watch order is supposed to be:
Little Busters (2012) > Little Busters Refrain (2013) > Kud Wafter (2020)

I just lose my patience with light novel games so I don't play any. The only games I play are puzzle, Pokemon, and action games.
Dec 11, 2020 4:45 PM

Feb 2008
It was a lot of fast forward skipping but it still show the relationships through it and so on and I still cried in the end for some reason.
I haven't read the visual novel on Kud Wafter well I haven't read much visual novel this year.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 12, 2020 9:00 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Bit rushed but overall it was fun/
Dec 16, 2020 2:24 AM

Nov 2015
not a totally adapt (LB minus 2 were all going home in VN) and the later-part is original
WhateverlifeDec 19, 2020 4:39 AM
Dec 16, 2020 7:21 PM

Feb 2016
As a fan of Kud, I approve of this movie.
その目だれの目?
Dec 17, 2020 4:11 AM

Jun 2017
did you all see that? they were mad fucking under those sheets, rikki's a chad
Dec 17, 2020 6:34 PM
Mar 2020
I liked it but am disappointed this movie was delayed over and over and what we got was a half finished movie it's like they said screw it let's just cut a bunch of content and put it out
ImperialLumaSep 5, 2023 5:04 AM
Dec 19, 2020 1:28 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, this music.. Good old memories on the Little Busters.. ;P
Oh, so breaking the water pipe with baseball homerun is what got everyone inside girls' dorm?.. lol, nice reason, to be honest.. ;P
Well, anime probably won't have hentai scenes.. But as I heard, visual novel has them, lol.. So yeah.. Staying in the same room is ahem.. interesting.. I guess.. ;P
Well, Kanata was always a bit thick in the head sometimes.. ;D So yeah, why she doesn't catch to Kud's sayings like this.. Well, I like this.. Reference to Kanata's personality.. ;P
And Kurugaya reacts in accordance with her personality as well.. Not liking this stuff, but being more lenient with rules, really, in the end, and leaving personal choices for others.. ;P I like, how good old personalities of characters are still present.. ;P
lol at how Komari reacted as well.. ;D I guess, everyone will know that Riki and Kud living together, huh?.. ;D And I mean.. I like it this way more, probably.. That others are supportive about this, as well as it's not secret to them.. ;P
Yep, Haruka and Mio as well.. I guess, even if we won't see someone, news will spread among closest friends.. ;P And yeah - glad that everyone is just supportive and like whatever.. ;P
Also lol that Rin made sense in summer comment "he'll follow his idiocy path, because it's summer, I guess" - is what she essentially said.. ;D It's also in line with her personality.. Ah, so nice to see old characters from Little Busters I like.. ;P
Ryachka?.. Why this Himuro-san calls Kud Ryachka?.. ... Ah, because Kudryavka in little would be Kudryavochka, I guess?.. Well, I mean, small name - like how you'd call someone John-Jonny.. Not sure, if it works in English, but idea is like that, yeah.. Well, as I know Russian.. And Kudryavochka in short could be called as Ryachka, I guess.. kudRYAvoCHKA, I mean.. It's first time I see anyone do that with this name, but it's clever, I guess.. ;P So, I guess, Himuro-san also knows Russian then, I'd guess..
Ah, the nicknames for the ranking battles.. Nice, nice.. ;P
Wonder, if in this dimension Kud's family is again involved in some political stuff..
I wonder, why Kud has so many references to Russian, and Russian space, like play on her surname, or Belka and Strelka being her dogs, which are famously named dogs in Russian space development.. I mean.. If you're Russian, or know Russian like me - it's pretty entertaining to hear all of this.. But is it really entertaining for others?.. Well, I guess, for others it's just that Kud has a million names, and not understandable, why.. As well as Belka and Strelka are just dogs.. I don't know, if Japanese oriented game had to have so many playing on Russian culture, to be honest.. Yeah - I enjoy it personally, as I catch some of them.. But I don't know, how good of an idea is this in general..
Or like "kosmonavt" Kud uses, or other words.. Kosmonavt is astronaut in Russian.. It's enjoyable to hear this, when you understand, but not sure, how good it's in general.. Oh well..
Well, it seems some strange stuff such as in Refrain is kicking in.. People disappearing, or maybe as if there never was any of them.. Dreams.. This all makes me feel uneasy, and somewhat sad as well.. I wonder, what it's a metaphor for..
But.. Even if it's all confusing.. I still like it.. It makes me feel, and I enjoy suffering of characters, if it ends well for them.. I'm not too sure, what fight are they holding.. While being in coma, or something.. Is it fight between hard reality and perfect inner world, or something?.. I'm not too sure, what the fight is about, to be honest.. But I like the feels, the characters, and oh this great music..
And I think.. That it suits.. If it's all dream - then yeah - it's chaotic like that.. And symbolic all around.. Just as the dreams are, switching between things, some of them having meaning..
2 question by Kud, hm.. And first one is "what is strength?".. I think that Riki's answer is good.. Maybe people find their different strengths, and what they value, what is strength for them.. Not what other person will decide for them..
On the other hand, I wouldn't agree with the second part of the thing.. "Strength to acknowledge weakness, and move on".. If it was weakness in the first place, you know?.. Sometimes it's even greater strength to acknowledge that you're pathologizing sometimes, I'd personally say..
In the end, liked this movie a lot.. Was great to return to these lovable character! Was great to listen to this beautiful music again - both funny, and sad, and every one.. Was great to feel again.. It was a great movie for me, 10/10 is what I rate it for sure.. ;P
Dec 22, 2020 3:00 AM

Mar 2019
Wow just wonderful. It's so wonderful to see out Little Busters! back again!

I cannot say anything about the VN but as someone who loved every part of LB! I really enjoyed this one.
Dec 24, 2020 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
This movie reminded me how great this series was. But this child sex scene was completely unnecessary.

Dec 27, 2020 12:34 PM
Jan 2020
Kud have a sex with Riki.
:V
Dec 28, 2020 3:31 PM

Mar 2015
tjinie said:

I think I missed something..where??
Dec 28, 2020 6:28 PM

Dec 2012
JacksonSparkle said:
tjinie said:

I think I missed something..where??

It was when several shots of the group appears to show the passage of time. So you see everyone hanging out, having fun etc. one of the shots shows Kud, Komari and Riki at a cemetary, in the background you can see Saya hiding behind a tree.
Jan 1, 2021 2:40 AM

Apr 2015
I have no idea what happened in the second part. Can anyone enlighten me? I just saw they were in some kind of accident. But how did it get to that when the last thing was an implied sex scene?
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Jan 2, 2021 8:29 AM
Feb 2013
OK not read Wafter but wasn't Kyousuke supposed to be the last one to make a recovery from the accident?
Jan 3, 2021 12:58 AM

Aug 2013
They skipped so many things that I don't even know where to start.
If I didn't read the VN I would be satisfied.
It was nice to see LN characters and hear their voices again, along with amazing LB OST, but...
-ShInIgAmIsAmA- said:
I have no idea what happened in the second part. Can anyone enlighten me? I just saw they were in some kind of accident.

Did you read or watch Little Busters at all? As rushed as anime adaptation was, they explained everything in Refrain.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 3, 2021 1:09 AM

Apr 2015
rsc-pl said:
They skipped so many things that I don't even know where to start.
If I didn't read the VN I would be satisfied.
It was nice to see LN characters and hear their voices again, along with amazing LB OST, but...
-ShInIgAmIsAmA- said:
I have no idea what happened in the second part. Can anyone enlighten me? I just saw they were in some kind of accident.

Did you read or watch Little Busters at all? As rushed as anime adaptation was, they explained everything in Refrain.

Oh I see. Haven't seen refrain yet. Just LB.
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Jan 5, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2012
Piromysl said:
This movie reminded me how great this series was. But this child sex scene was completely unnecessary.

As young as she may look (or rather 145cm small) Kud is actually 16. Riki ~17yo IIRC.

And I think they did it in very decent way, I'm actually glad they didn't shy away from obvious else whole narrative would make no sense.
Jan 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
Mich666 said:
Piromysl said:

As young as she may look (or rather 145cm small) Kud is actually 16. Riki ~17yo IIRC.

And I think they did it in very decent way, I'm actually glad they didn't shy away from obvious else whole narrative would make no sense.

Ah, yes. The good old "500 years old vampire" defense. Well, nevermind.

Jan 5, 2021 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Piromysl said:
Ah, yes. The good old "500 years old vampire" defense. Well, nevermind.

Well, if you ever saw CGs from the actual game you would agree the movie was rather pure in comparison (and she looked ever younger in that eroge). Not gonna say her loli archetype wasn't fanservice or anything but then again they are just fictional characters so it doesn't really matter.
Jan 12, 2021 3:41 AM
Apr 2020
Glad I see Kud-chan getting her own story in the end but..

I don't know about this movie.. I didn't feel like anything at all. Maybe I don't want to see Kud getting that kind of relationship.. But the important part is she get her happy ending

7/10 for this movie. I'm now officially saying goodbye to LB! anime series. It's been a long and fun ride. Definitely miss this gang :)
Jan 12, 2021 9:13 PM
Dec 2018
It was fine, I guess...
Feb 14, 2021 7:16 AM

Nov 2016
Too bad there isn't a Kurugaya sidestory.

This was short, but nonethless sweet and managed to hit the spot. Made me want to rewatch Little Busters!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2021 12:58 PM

Jan 2020
i don't understand, wasn't this delayed to May 2021?
Mar 25, 2021 4:54 AM

Sep 2019
I enjoyed it, but it was somewhat confusing concerning the latter part. So this movie (man, I wish the Kickstarter got enough funds to get a longer time) was all along based inside Kud's dream world.

Yet, the Kud Wafter manga (I can't 100% confirm this as there isn't a full version) said early on that the Little Buster gang avoided a terrible bus accident; thus avoiding the whole original Little Buster route.

Then there's the OG Visual Novel. Again, can't confirm since it isn't TL'd (not yet anyway, but it's on its way), but it seems the VN Kud Wafter is based in a non-dream world.

So it's a little confusing in terms of how accurate the movie adaptation is. Plus, as a person who has wanted the VN translated for quite a while, I'm hoping the fan-patch will come quickly.

Either way, I enjoyed it, but mainly for Kud and Riki.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 20, 2021 8:49 AM
Oct 2016
anyone know if the dub will come out soon
Jul 16, 2021 6:11 AM

Feb 2018
What the heck? It just a bullshit?

Just like ending, that confession zzz
Jul 29, 2021 6:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well okay, not bad as a bonus for Kud's route, nothing impressive at all but that was interesting, Kud created her own world after the bus' accident, sure that she had some "wild" scenes with Riki though (and that was a bit weird... I mean I only wanted to see that with Yuiko, not her lol). Happy ending of course, just like the main series.
Aug 7, 2021 12:40 PM

Jan 2020
The visual quality felt amazing. Especially after watching the tv series just recently, the difference was clear.

I love the way the water animation looked lmao

I don't really care much about the relationship between kud and riki and as harsh as that sound, it's just the sad truth which does affect my enjoyment here. I would prefer a kurugaya route with this animation

but not awful. It was dope seeing the characters and it makes me wonder if there'll ever be another little busters entry in the future

Jan 8, 2022 4:28 AM

Apr 2020
sex with kudo
nuff said

Apr 17, 2022 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
So I guess this was simply the Wafu route, was okay.
Feb 19, 2023 7:32 PM
May 2013
enjoyed this for what it was, though overall i'm just glad we got more LB! at all. i know kud is supposedly the most popular girl from the cast but she's easily my least favorite. loli bait and annoying catchphrases couldn't die soon enough. 

would've been more satisfactory if it merged with the canon plot at the end - Kud wakes up in a hospital bed and realizes

i haven't read the VN and don't think i'll ever have time for it, but if the other routes were animated in similar fashion i'd watch them in a heartbeat. couldn't Key just open an international crowdfunding instead of limiting it to Japan? we'd fund a full cour no problem.
felipecardelFeb 19, 2023 7:41 PM

More topics from this board

» Can you watch this before Little Busters?

1cY - Jun 20, 2021

4 by Noegusis »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:39 AM

» will this get a dub

Rukasumi - May 20, 2021

0 by Rukasumi »»
May 20, 2021 11:32 AM

» Kud Wafter Delayed to Late Nov 2020

Gardevoir101 - Sep 14, 2020

16 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 8, 2021 10:14 PM

» Kud Wafter delayed till 2020

Gardevoir101 - Mar 25, 2019

9 by Robiiii »»
Aug 27, 2020 11:34 PM

» First pv of Kud Wafter is out

Ishkoten - Jul 19, 2017

33 by keimaconquesta »»
Mar 27, 2019 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.