Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2020 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, as this show approaches it climax, the Neuroi is out in full force with their enhanced abilities.

We got the operation to take back Berlin and this feels like a climatic episode with all the events. On the other hand, I'm glad to see this show featuring all the major characters in the operation.
Dec 9, 2020 6:30 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like the last few episode will probably focused on Hatori and Miyafuji.
Hatori finally made a notable kill and in doing so she has proven her skill.
The ending of the episode suggests she will probably be feeling down for a while tho still it was nice to see her in action.

Also it has to be said, RIP Yeager.
He passed away 7 December.
Dec 9, 2020 9:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well that end of episode is really dramatic :/ I wonder what will happen for them now, especially Miyafuji, that's pretty sad
Dec 9, 2020 10:04 AM

Feb 2017
This was one of the best episode so far, finally some real action and the ending was great. Its sad that there is only 2 episodes left.
Dec 9, 2020 11:15 AM
Apr 2020
I think that episode was great, and this ending is just so great can't wait to see the next episode. the attack on berlin is sure to be spectacular a specialty with a P. 1000 Ratte (I think that it is the super weapon).
Dec 9, 2020 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
Personality, this is probably the best episode that we've had of this season so far, both in terms of production values and the huge amount of action that we were treated to, as well.

The neuroi were proving to be a massive pain in the backside for our girls again, which did force them to retreat from Berlin when the whole team got caught in a neuroi trap.

Hattori did really well in this episode, too. Not only did she manage to successfully send Miyafuji back to base, but she was able to solo a neuroi by herself. However, that same type of neuroi came back the next day in its aim to destroy the main base at Kiel. To make matters worse, the core of this neuroi was somewhere else, which not only caught Hottari off-guard, but she also got injured in the process. Thankfully, Miyafuji defied orders to save everyone with her shield, which gave the others enough time to take out the neuroi for good.

Sadly, it came at a cost. Not only Hattori is injured from a nasty wound on her leg, but Miyafuji's powers seems to have gone, as the doctor couldn't find a trace of power within her at all. What a way to end the episode on a cliffhanger, but I really do hope Miyafuji can fly again one more time, if possible. =)
Dec 9, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2017
Badass Yoshika is always the best Yoshika.

For some reason I find Shizuka's photo extremely funny.

Dec 9, 2020 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
That Nespresso pod sure gives them a lot of trouble. But since it landed, really hope we could see the tank witches action too.

Char Counterattack's legendary scene :D
Dec 10, 2020 2:13 AM

Apr 2015
What an intense episode. Wonder how Shizuka will recover her spirit. Love seeing Yoshika being badass.
And isn't that Shinden before Mio called Yoshika to ask about her magic capacity?
Dec 10, 2020 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
bet on Strike Witches if you want pantyshots even in the most dire situations

Also Yoshika lost her magic .. again? I guess the season had it coming but still.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 10, 2020 7:13 PM
Jun 2013
So, while the _Girls und Panzer der Movie_ had it as merely a carnival ride, _Strike Witches_ will actually be using a Ratte super heavy tank next episode, which should be interesting. Hopefully Yoshika will be back to form in the next couple of episodes.
Dec 11, 2020 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
Miyafuji's colossal shield is extremely impressive but this time it takes a serious toll on her own wellbeing. Even Hattori is down!
Two important strike witch is not for commission anymore oh no!
if without Miyafuji, the Neuroi has the upper hand!
5/5.

Dec 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Nov 2009

This season is the one that I am suffering the most for the Witches because of Neuroi.
but it's good that the neuroi are finally strong and give major problems.

Poor Yoshika, the next episode may be critical for her >.<
Dec 12, 2020 6:28 AM
Nov 2019
Well, there are a lot of things to comment here. First, this episode, without any doubt, is one of the best that I have seen in Strike Witches.

Finally, we saw some Neuroi who are strong. And who actually think and set traps. Something that I have been wondering since the Neuroi that contacted with Yoshika in the first season.

I am also amazed about how Yoshika could protect the bombers, since I was during all that scene thinking "now the shield will fail, and we will say goodbye to the planes.

About the Witches, well, finally Shizuka showed her strength, taking that bad buddy down alone. And convincing Yoshika about going to the base safe.

Minna and, especially Trude, showed a bit of recklessly. When I saw that little buddy I was like "come on, it is a trap".

I would really love to know how they will succeed in chapter 11 and I imagine Yoshika won't regain her powers until last 12 chapter. If she regains them. Man that end was hard to swallow, Yoshika without magic to be felt (again) and Shizuka passing out.

Am I the only one who thinks the series have improved A LOT in this season?
Dec 16, 2020 7:35 AM
May 2012
So, the Berlin main enemy is Die Glocke, huh?
But what's the Neuroi bomber based on, BV222/BV238?
Dec 16, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
What an episode. It had a lot of action with all those Neuroi.

Poor Miyafuji, it looks like she lost her powers again. I wish to see her fly again. :(

Jan 5, 2021 5:52 PM

Apr 2014
as much as i like Shizuka it was pretty dumb of her to just think the core would be in the same spot

regardless this ep was great
"one step at a time"
Jan 7, 2021 8:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
General Jerry said:
Goddammu!

Thats pretty much tell everything that happened at these episode. Thats pretty bad. Idk if Miyafuji will be fine or not, and these episode was intens af. The road to Berlin, as those newspaper stated already secured. But, its cost too much, many bombers fell away, Miyafuji unconcious, and Shizuka fainted. Everything just not always running smoothly, thus same with their operation that executed very badly. Neuroi became more difficult, while the humanity ace card, got nerfed. Ah, i can't say much. Lets see how well they handled that worst case. Once again, Road to Berlin continued!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 9, 2021 10:57 AM

Jun 2017
Not that anyone cares, but I just found a few bits of the newspaper Yoshika is reading in WW2-era papers. See for example this:

Compare this clip from the Capital Journal (Salem, Oregon) for 24 Jan 1944:

This bit of course has nothing to do with WW2 events, but it comes from a front page packed with news from the front:

This particular page is probably not the direct source, since these stories were syndicated through a variety of papers worldwide, but it's the one I could find in high resolution.

source: https://img4.newspapers.com/clip/4586705/the-capital-journal/

Jun 24, 2021 6:49 AM

Feb 2020
This was so dramatic episode. Poor Hattori and Yoshika. :(

SerafosNov 29, 2023 7:24 AM
Aug 6, 2021 9:57 AM

Aug 2018
Poor Shizuka, must be hard for her.. Well.. I hope that Yoshika will just grope some boobs, and will be alright.. ;P But I also don't hope too much for this, unfortunately..
Aug 7, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2021
Gendolfas said:
Poor Shizuka, must be hard for her.. Well.. I hope that Yoshika will just grope some boobs, and will be alright.. ;P But I also don't hope too much for this, unfortunately..

Yeah, it is troubling that Yoshika is still struggling with her magic abilities so late in the season.

Maybe Lynette will give her some strength lol ;P
Aug 7, 2021 9:05 AM

Aug 2018
ColdBisquiT said:

Yeah, it is troubling that Yoshika is still struggling with her magic abilities so late in the season.

Maybe Lynette will give her some strength lol ;P

Well, you'll see soon.. ;P
Jan 3, 2022 11:24 AM

Nov 2010
I wonder what's preventing the Neuroi from spamming all these pesky enemy types. So far they've all been pretty powerful, but it's only sending one at a time. Plot is the answer I guess. lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2020

18 by Chaosx42616 »»
Jan 21, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Dec 23, 2020

53 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 17, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2020

23 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 17, 2023 6:32 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2020

23 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2020

38 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 17, 2023 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.