Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 7, 2020 9:04 PM
Jul 2020
I need a hug. What a profoundly great series filled with happiness and sorrow.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2020 9:08 PM
Jun 2020
That's wonderful, now read Metamorphosis for a lighthearted work.
Dec 7, 2020 11:11 PM

Jul 2020
Berserkerz said:
Another terrible show people think is good because "iT mAdE mE cRy!!!!"

smh

Let the man/woman like whatever they want it's a solid starter anime. No one has the same taste as you and nobody needs your goddamn negativity on this site
Dec 7, 2020 11:13 PM

Jul 2020
You should watch Haikyuu or Attack on titan next.These will immediately hook you to the anime community.Watch Haikyuu first.
Edit:I see that you already watched those so I'll recommend you to watch Promised neverland.It's really good.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 7, 2020 11:17 PM
Jan 2020
Berserkerz said:

smh

Okay? People have different taste my friend.
Dec 7, 2020 11:42 PM
Jul 2020
It's a decent gateway anime. Now, you should try out:
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai!
Bakemonogatari
Bleach
Burn the Witch
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Deca-Dence
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Hotaru no Haka
Kimi no Na wa.
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Koe no Katachi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Kotonoha no Niwa
Mob Psycho 100
Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu
Nisekoi
No Game No Life
Noragami
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Violet Evergarden
Yakusoku no Neverland
Tenki no Ko
Yuri!!! on Ice
Gintama
Tonikaku Kawaii
Akudama Drive
Jujutsu Kaisen
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Dec 7, 2020 11:47 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
NLonSec said:

Welcome to the MyAnimeList forums! Maybe try watching Angel Beats next. :)
Dec 8, 2020 5:10 AM

Apr 2020
cigare said:

Seconded

Best iyashkei slice of life in existence.
Dec 8, 2020 5:14 AM

Apr 2020
Berserkerz said:

smh

What's your point?
Lot's of people liked it, lot's of people cried, watching it --> They're all wrong and stupid and only you know that its secretly not as good? xD

Kid^^ Grow up, pretty please
Dec 8, 2020 5:16 AM
Jul 2020
Scordolo said:
You should watch Haikyuu or Attack on titan next.These will immediately hook you to the anime community.Watch Haikyuu first.
Edit:I see that you already watched those so I'll recommend you to watch Promised neverland.It's really good.

I've watched both of those, AoT the new season just came out, going to wait until it's all released to watch it, same thing with the 4th season of Haikyuu!!
Dec 8, 2020 5:20 AM

May 2018
"I need a hug. What a profoundly great series filled with happiness and sorrow."

Next time skip on tearjerkers...
Dec 8, 2020 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
NLonSec said:

when i first watched your lie in April i didn't had the balls to finish it
Dec 8, 2020 5:25 AM

May 2020
NLonSec said:

boku no pico is just a mixture of greatness yay
Dec 8, 2020 5:38 AM

Dec 2019
Watch both FMA and FMAB. YLIA didn't make cry but left me a heaviness in chest during a time... Watch Welcome to the NHK, despite the animation is meh. Tonikaku Kawaii is decent (because it's an iyashikei) and Kanojo, Okarishimasu is very bad. But for the God's sake (if he exists) don't watch Yosuga no Sora, don't lose five hours watching that atrocity (read my review if you want: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=358633).

There are other anime I recommend:

- ef - a tale of memories. (despite it is based on an Eroge, it convinced me).
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
- The Tatami Galaxy (watch Bakemonogatari first to warm up, due its dialogue is heavy)
SynkiizDec 25, 2020 8:50 AM
Dec 8, 2020 5:41 AM
Jan 2018
Clanned afterstory might give you something similar. Even though its more family oriented and less of raw romance.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Dec 8, 2020 5:48 AM

Mar 2016
Let me eat your pancreas or kono oto tomare

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Dec 8, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2018
cigare said:

I can also attest to the greatness of Metamorphosis, it's definitely a series that defies all expectations and shines diligently when it peaks in quality. A must-read manga series for the ages.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Dec 8, 2020 6:00 AM

Apr 2020
Berserkerz said:

smh
oh damn, all they asked was for a hug.

NLonSec said:

you can have a hug buddy but i wont be there when u watch the maquia or clannad after story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2020 6:03 AM

Jun 2020
cigare said:

This is an absolute classic. You will never forget it, it's that good. It will leave a very heavy impression on you. You will even have dreams about it for a long time, it's that good. It's a must read.
Dec 8, 2020 6:03 AM

Dec 2018
NLonSec said:

I know the pain, it was one of my firsts as well. To this day I can't listen to music from the show and not shed a tear. YLIA really did change me back then.

I suggest you watch 'A Place Further than the Universe', it's another life inspiring anime like YLIA and it became the only anime in New York Times best TV shows 2018. It's my favourite piece of media(film, animation, tv, whatever). It's also a tear-jerker but in a happy way(compared to YLIA's ending).
Dec 8, 2020 6:26 AM

Jul 2020
You need to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion to calm down, it's a really soothing anime to watch after a sad one.
Dec 8, 2020 6:32 AM

Dec 2018
Berserkerz said:

smh

oh yes, also in case you haven't known, when a drawing cries it means you cry as well. that's how tearjerkers work. easy 8.5+ rating.
. . .
Dec 8, 2020 7:01 AM

Apr 2018
I laugh at the people getting triggered over @Berserkerz for "bullying" OP with his opinion. Now, i may also believe that YLIA is terrible, so naturally i'd be more inclined to agree with them, but the point is:

If OP decided to open this general discussion thread in the first place, then they have to be willing to accept the negative opinions along with the positive ones, because surely at this point they understand that the Internet is not all sunshine and rainbows.

If what OP's really looking for is a positive echo chamber, then maybe they should make this same thread in an YLIA fan group instead. Otherwise, accept the negative inputs and move on; just because the majority likes YLIA doesn't automatically invalidate the opinion of those who dislike it.
Stygian_PrisonerDec 8, 2020 7:08 AM
Dec 8, 2020 7:06 AM

Mar 2015
Now watch Clannad and the depression from it & ylia will cancel each other out.
Dec 8, 2020 8:03 AM
Jul 2020
cigare said:

I think I just spoiled this one for me.. I went to wikipedia to read the synopsis and well, fuck
Dec 8, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 2020
Stygian_Prisoner said:
I laugh at the people getting triggered over @Berserkerz for "bullying" OP with his opinion. Now, i may also believe that YLIA is terrible, so naturally i'd be more inclined to agree with them, but the point is:

If OP decided to open this general discussion thread in the first place, then they have to be willing to accept the negative opinions along with the positive ones, because surely at this point they understand that the Internet is not all sunshine and rainbows.

If what OP's really looking for is a positive echo chamber, then maybe they should make this same thread in an YLIA fan group instead. Otherwise, accept the negative inputs and move on; just because the majority likes YLIA doesn't automatically invalidate the opinion of those who dislike it.

just so we're clear: i don't care for the negative or positive opinions regarding sad shows. I just wanted to post about it with no ulterior expectations from how the community would react.

The thing that people don't seem to be grasping is that Berserkerz is trying to say that YLIA is factually bad, while it is in fact a subjective one.

"This anime is not my type" vs "Another terrible anime"

Dec 8, 2020 8:27 AM

Jan 2020
Sweet! I liked that show even though it didn't make me cry. Really cute and did make me really sad.

You could watch AnoHana, Plastic Memories or Violet Evergarden next, if you want something similar with drama

If you're looking for some comedy and fluff after this sad one you can watch Lovely complex, Kimi ni todoke or Toradora!
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
Dec 8, 2020 8:33 AM

Oct 2018
so, are you telling me that you watched the best anime in history?

Come with me, then.

If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 8, 2020 9:10 AM

Apr 2020
Nice. You should try March Comes in Like a Lion next.

beep boop bop pow
Dec 8, 2020 9:15 AM

Jun 2020
A great unique series.Ill give you a warm and comfy hug.
Dec 8, 2020 9:25 AM
Jul 2009
NLonSec said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:

just so we're clear: i don't care for the negative or positive opinions regarding sad shows. I just wanted to post about it with no ulterior expectations from how the community would react.

The thing that people don't seem to be grasping is that Berserkerz is trying to say that YLIA is factually bad, while it is in fact a subjective one.

Good to see you haven't taken the negativity of others to heart. Not only that though, Berserkerz very first comment was nothing but a thinly veiled insult. That's another major reason in deciding why his "opinion" shouldn't be given the same respect as others.
Dec 8, 2020 9:35 AM

Dec 2012
Not a fan of that one personally, I dislike romantic tragedies.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 8, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2017
NLonSec said:

I feel your pain 🤗
If you liked it you might like
Kids on the Slope or Nodame Cantabile(a bit less sad)

Dec 8, 2020 10:30 AM
May 2020
YLIA is still my all time favorite. I will admit that I like sad animes in general and usually give higher scores to them. The ability to properly convey emotions to the audience is a positive quality that any objective and critical analysis of an anime should be able to recognize (which applies to many outside the romance genre like FMA or One Piece). In the case of YLIA though, it is also my favorite based on other qualities. I actually really like the animation style and think it contributes to the feel of the show. I also like the OPs and EDs. Also the general story of the MC pulling out of his musical funk is a great part of the story mostly unrelated to what has been asserted to be the only appeal of the show.
Dec 8, 2020 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
NLonSec said:

If you want to watch something heart warming you can check Tonikaku Kawaii. It´s pretty wholesome. Or even Hinamatsuri, it´s not romance but it felt heart warming for me.

If you want to cry more, I recommend Sakamichi no Apollon and Paradise Kiss. Both have very well done characters and very mature slice of life progression (mature does not mean sex or killing, just more realistic approaches).
Dec 8, 2020 10:38 AM

Apr 2018
NLonSec said:

I missed the part where Berserkerz implied that his statement was a "fact"? Because i'm pretty sure that, in any discussion forum/comment section on the Internet, it's safe to assume that people's inputs are almost always going to be subjective opinions, unless they explicitly state that they're being factual. Otherwise, without that unspoken rule, it would have to be mandatory for all of us to preface every single comment/forum post we make with "In my honest personal opinion, etc. etc." (which, by the way, i don't see anyone else here doing so).

That said, i will sincerely apologize for making assumptions about your reasons for opening this thread. Re-reading through the replies, it's clear that it was the other forum participants who got a lot more riled up about Berserkerz' comment than you did, anyway.
Stygian_PrisonerDec 8, 2020 10:47 AM
Dec 8, 2020 10:47 AM
Nov 2020
Berserkerz said:

smh
I agree, but I don't think the show was too bad. It is quite slow and boring lol.
Dec 8, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2020
i like how some guy saying he cried to YLIA sparked a war lol
Dec 8, 2020 10:52 AM

Nov 2019
i honestly found it appaling and didnt cry a millimeter but if you like that then watch koe no katachi or known in English as a silent voice. its a good anime. it didn't make me sad but if the other show did then this would.

plus cryin doesn't equal good.

i cried watch berserk 2016 but that didn't make it any better :(
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Dec 8, 2020 10:52 AM

Jan 2019
NLonSec said:

Glad you got something out of it, man! It's on my PTW list. Also, welcome to MAL/anime :)

Bloomberry said:
i like how some guy saying he cried to YLIA sparked a war lol

The guy that's going on like a bell-end is on my ignore list. No surprise there. Can't even remember why he's there but likely because he is always a salty dickhead.
Dec 8, 2020 10:53 AM
Dec 2019
NLonSec said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of anime!!

You should consider watching 3-Gatsu No Lion, I mean it's about Shogi, but if you liked Your Lie In April, I think chances are high you also like this show!

If you are an emotional and thoughtful person, you might also like A Silent Voice, Violet Evergarden and Clannad!

RazR32Dec 8, 2020 10:56 AM
Dec 8, 2020 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
NLonSec said:

I'm glad you like it. I also thought it's a wonderful anime with great art style, colors, story and music.
At the end, I swear I cried my heart out.

I just didn't like how often poor Kousei is beaten up by the women in his life, but there is a very sad truth behind it too... kids that were abused by their parents sometimes seek out partner / crush and friends, who continue to do so, because they don't know any better.

Please feel the virtual hug haha

Edit: If you like music anime, here's another one I really liked as well: https://myanimelist.net/anime/36652/Piano_no_Mori_TV
removed-userDec 8, 2020 11:05 AM
Dec 8, 2020 3:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was one of my first 5 anime actually as well, think I watched after watching sword art online. Now it's easy for a new anime watcher to be amazed by what they're watching as they are just being exposed to the medium and don't entirely know what to expect. Your first animes are probably going to get high scores from you personally because you still haven't manifested and curated your personal taste to tell what's good and bad to you.

I wasn't really impressed at all, even being one of my first anime. Not a trash anime by any means, I just disliked it personally because I can do without all the runtime being dedicated to people being crybabies

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 8, 2020 4:04 PM

Jul 2016
Berserkerz said:

smh

Man, I rated it a 2/10 but your need for attention sure is notorious, uh?

NLonSec said:

Now seriously, glad to know you had a nice experience on your first anime series.
Dec 8, 2020 4:17 PM

Sep 2010
NLonSec said:

It made me cry as well. Orange is another good show too if you want to check that one out!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 8, 2020 4:21 PM

Dec 2019
Watch A silent voice, what a great movie, legit made me cry.

more really good anime:
Anohana
Angel beats
Violet Evergarden
yo :)
Dec 8, 2020 4:25 PM

Jul 2015
Berserkerz said:
NeZeus said:

mhm but you got every season of aot as a 2 so i don't think your opinion is valid.

yes, main stream garbage deserves a 2.

I was going to give you some credibility based on our decent anime compatibility, then I noticed you rated Koe no Katachi and Monster 10/10, and your very plebeian mean score for someone who saw so much anime. I'm not impressed by your edgy attempts at being memelitist af.
Dec 8, 2020 4:27 PM
Jan 2020
Stygian_Prisoner said:
NLonSec said:

I missed the part where Berserkerz implied that his statement was a "fact"? Because i'm pretty sure that, in any discussion forum/comment section on the Internet, it's safe to assume that people's inputs are almost always going to be subjective opinions, unless they explicitly state that they're being factual. Otherwise, without that unspoken rule, it would have to be mandatory for all of us to preface every single comment/forum post we make with "In my honest personal opinion, etc. etc." (which, by the way, i don't see anyone else here doing so).

That said, i will sincerely apologize for making assumptions about your reasons for opening this thread. Re-reading through the replies, it's clear that it was the other forum participants who got a lot more riled up about Berserkerz' comment than you did, anyway.

Look at his responses & tell me he’s not stating it in a objective way. Berserker is basically saying anyone who liked that anime was just manipulated by the sad shit, like come on lol.
Dec 8, 2020 5:18 PM

Apr 2018
SaberHotMikasa said:

Look at his responses & tell me he’s not stating it in a objective way. Berserker is basically saying anyone who liked that anime was just manipulated by the sad shit, like come on lol.

Then that's his opinion on the matter. Whether he's right or not is irrelevant, that's just what it is.
Even if he worded his statement like so: "In my opinion, YLIA is another terrible show people think is good because "iT mAdE mE cRy!!!!", there's still not much difference to his main point and tone. I'll bet you anything that he still would have gotten bombarded by the YLIA fans here.

We don't need to express that whatever we're saying is strictly our opinion every single time we share our input on the Internet, because that notion is already a given.

Trust me, even though i dislike YLIA myself, i am aware that he's being kind of a dick about it, and i'm not too eager about "defending" the viewpoint of someone like him. But i still think that, any way you look at it, sharing a negative opinion is NOT bullying.
Stygian_PrisonerDec 8, 2020 5:26 PM
Dec 18, 2020 12:33 AM

Feb 2016
Moved to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso board
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Who do you like with Kousei Arima more ?

randomlock - Mar 24, 2016

20 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.