Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2020 8:30 AM

Jan 2018
I'm a big fan of sports anime and You ?
I hesitated to put some of them since it's difficult to classify them as "Sport" but I finally did.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
Ofc, I'm a big fan of sports too! 3-Gatsu no Lion is good too, but Haikyuu is my pick for sports.
Dec 4, 2020 8:33 AM

Sep 2018
Karuta IS a sport.

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

EDIT: I think that 3-gatsu no Lion & Hikaru no Go are the only ones that shouldn't be considered sports anime.
NirinboDec 4, 2020 8:38 AM
Dec 4, 2020 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
For me Haikyuu is the best :3

Also Ngl Beyblade Burst is sooo good (only the first two seasons)
Dec 4, 2020 8:35 AM

Jan 2018
Nirinbo said:
Karuta IS a sport.

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Yes but I hesitated to put hikaru & gatsu since they arent tagged as sport.
Dec 4, 2020 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
I'm going to have to go with Ashita no Joe on this one. Although I do also like Hajime no Ippo.
Dec 4, 2020 8:36 AM

Jan 2018
Aarav_Kurenai said:
For me Haikyuu is the best :3

Also Ngl Beyblade Burst is sooo good (only the first two seasons)

Me putting beyblade was just a troll haha but ok it's your opinion.
Dec 4, 2020 8:38 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Anima Yell is clearly the best but Chihayafuru is a decent runner up so I'll vote for that one.
Dec 4, 2020 8:41 AM

Oct 2020
I picked One outs but I haven't completed everything on this list and I've only seen the first season of haikyuu which was not very good in my opinion.
Dec 4, 2020 8:43 AM

Jun 2016
Good selection OP. Most other. polls seem to be only three or four choices. Catalano will be here soon so you should add kurenai sanshiro.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 4, 2020 8:43 AM

Jan 2018
onceexisted said:
I picked One outs but I haven't completed everything on this list and I've only seen the first season of haikyuu which was not very good in my opinion.

But still haikyuu is first and far away (here and everywhere).
Dec 4, 2020 8:44 AM

Oct 2020
I knew Haikyuu would win because it's a Netflix and casual anime. I will continue to engage in stories such as Slam Dunk
Dec 4, 2020 8:45 AM

Feb 2020
I am also a big sports anime fan.
My top picks would be Haikyuu, Hikaru no go, Hinomaruzumou, baby steps, Yowamushi pedal. Its hard to decide, but for now I went with Hikaru no go

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 4, 2020 8:45 AM

Jan 2018
Theo1899 said:
Good selection OP. Most other. polls seem to be only three or four choices. Catalano will be here soon so you should add kurenai sanshiro.

Yes but with a list of 35565 animes people dont read all of them and end up chosing one of the firsts on the list (even I think some of here did it).
Dec 4, 2020 8:46 AM
Apr 2013
Lol, Ro-Kyu-Bu isn't even in there? Fail Poll. Well.
Overall Chihayafuru is the best anime by far out of this list, but its romance first and sports second, kinda.
Haikyu was great for a long time, but they started to get lazy after the second season, also, the manga took a nosedive after the parts that are adapted in To the top, at least in my opinion. That leaves us with basically Yowamushi Pedal and Babysteps (I haven't watched 3-gatsu long enough, even though Im sure it might end up here as well). Babysteps has the problem that the manga got cancelled, but the anime was (and actually still is, I rewatched it just last month) really enjoyable, but will never come to a perfect ending. Screw that company, it was such an enjoyable manga... Well, Yowamushi Pedal on the other hand has the problem, that the art style seriously needs some time to get used to, and a few of my friends I recommended this show to just saw the opening and were like 'Yeaa, that looks like shit, pass'. But its also a really good show. I personally liked Babysteps more, but I think I rated Pedal higher.
Forget to mention Ippo, Hinomaruzumo and Ahiru no Sora, which are also all really enjoyable, but Ippo and Zumo suffer from being rather unpopular sportstypes (Boxing and ...Sumo, surprise), while Ahiru no Sora also needs getting used to with the art, and I personally thought that the band of deliquents trope is already way out of favor. After getting past the first episodes it got more enjoyable, also I liked how the mangaka basically predicted players like Nicola Jokic or Stephen Curry.
Dec 4, 2020 8:47 AM

Apr 2020
Most people haven't even seen half of this list (myself included). My vote goes to Ping Pong because I don't consider 3-gatsu a sports anime. What that show achieved in just 11 eps is out of this world. Hype was unreal.
Dec 4, 2020 8:48 AM

Oct 2020
Yaaceen said:
onceexisted said:

But still haikyuu is first and far away (here and everywhere).

I'd say that's mostly because of how popular it is. Its the most popular sports anime and its fanbase is obsessed with it. I haven't finished it so I wouldn't value my opinion so much but I'm basing this of the first season.
Dec 4, 2020 8:49 AM

Feb 2020
Nirinbo said:
Karuta IS a sport.

EDIT: I think that 3-gatsu no Lion & Hikaru no Go are the only ones that shouldn't be considered sports anime.

Hikaru no Go is a proper sports anime. Check out wiki page tag (their is something called indoor and outdoor sports)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikaru_no_Go

Olympics considers chess as sports. So why cant Go also be considered as sports
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 4, 2020 8:54 AM

Sep 2018
I haven't watched all those anime, but my vote went to Touch since it is one of my favourite anime.
Touch>Cross Game>Haikyuu.
Animes like Haikyuu or Kuroko's Basket focus mainly one the "sport side", neglecting the other sides of the characters, like the "slice of life" part.
Touch and Cross game are some good mixes of all these aspects.
Dec 4, 2020 8:56 AM

Jan 2018
Play2X said:
Overall Chihayafuru is the best anime by far out of this list, but its romance first and sports second, kinda.
Haikyu was great for a long time, but they started to get lazy after the second season, also, the manga took a nosedive after the parts that are adapted in To the top, at least in my opinion. That leaves us with basically Yowamushi Pedal and Babysteps (I haven't watched 3-gatsu long enough, even though Im sure it might end up here as well). Babysteps has the problem that the manga got cancelled, but the anime was (and actually still is, I rewatched it just last month) really enjoyable, but will never come to a perfect ending. Screw that company, it was such an enjoyable manga... Well, Yowamushi Pedal on the other hand has the problem, that the art style seriously needs some time to get used to, and a few of my friends I recommended this show to just saw the opening and were like 'Yeaa, that looks like shit, pass'. But its also a really good show. I personally liked Babysteps more, but I think I rated Pedal higher.
Forget to mention Ippo, Hinomaruzumo and Ahiru no Sora, which are also all really enjoyable, but Ippo and Zumo suffer from being rather unpopular sportstypes (Boxing and ...Sumo, surprise), while Ahiru no Sora also needs getting used to with the art, and I personally thought that the band of deliquents trope is already way out of favor. After getting past the first episodes it got more enjoyable, also I liked how the mangaka basically predicted players like Nicola Jokic or Stephen Curry.

If it's a fail poll just because there isnt one or 2 of the anime you wanted but still more than 40 one ,nobody will be satisfied. Especially that most polls have just 3 or 4 answers.
Dec 4, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2019
Really. Haikyuu is the best? Wow. Slam Dunk must be laughing hard. However, they have the same core, so....
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 4, 2020 8:57 AM

Oct 2020
Haikyuu is too girly for me and the only other anime I saw that I recogonize is Beyblade Burst and Megalo Box.. sports anime is boring in general
What's up with the WSJ hate
Dec 4, 2020 8:58 AM
Jul 2020
YOUR REALLY MAKING ME CHOOSE I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! The ultimate best is obviously Hajime no Ippo, but my personal fav's are knb and free. People are picking haikyuu cause of the hype surrounding it but wtvr... Yes, it's great I gave the first season a 9, but it's waaaaayyy too generic and the plot is pretty eh.
Dec 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Jan 2018
1r3n9 said:
I haven't watched all those anime, but my vote went to Touch since it is one of my favourite anime.
Touch>Cross Game>Haikyuu.
Animes like Haikyuu or Kuroko's Basket focus mainly one the "sport side", neglecting the other sides of the characters, like the "slice of life" part.
Touch and Cross game are some good mixes of all these aspects.

For me the best with a good slice of life part is Major (go watch it if its not the case).
Dec 4, 2020 8:59 AM
Apr 2013
Yaaceen said:
Play2X said:

If it's a fail poll just because there isnt one or 2 of the anime you wanted but still more than 40 one ,nobody will be satisfied. Especially that most polls have just 3 or 4 answers.

This was more of a joke, even if Ro-Kyu-Bu would be added, I'd still choose Chihayafuru. Don't worry about it.
Dec 4, 2020 9:01 AM

Jan 2018
Play2X said:
Yaaceen said:

This was more of a joke, even if Ro-Kyu-Bu would be added, I'd still choose Chihayafuru. Don't worry about it.

Ahhh sorry i thought you were serious xD
Dec 4, 2020 9:02 AM

Sep 2018
Adampk said:
Hikaru no Go is a proper sports anime. Check out wiki page tag (their is something called indoor and outdoor sports)

A better definition of board games are "mind sports", which fall in a different category from traditional sports. The same can be said for e-sports.
Dec 4, 2020 9:06 AM

Feb 2020
Nirinbo said:
Adampk said:

A better definition of board games are "mind sports", which fall in a different category from traditional sports. The same can be said for e-sports.

But its still a sport. unlike a boardgame like snake and ladder, chess and go are played at a professional level like other outdoor sports
E- sports are entirely different, I am pretty sure there are anime about e sports which dont have a wiki tag as sports

AdampkDec 4, 2020 9:24 AM
BIO

Dec 4, 2020 9:07 AM

Oct 2018
Sangatsu no Lion is the best anime in this poll by far, but Sangatsu no Lion isn't a sport anime.

The best sport anime that I know is Ping Pong. I'm not a fan of sports anime, but Ping Pong is 3 or 4 times better than Haikyuu, which is my second favourite sports anime.
PhosphophyllitaDec 4, 2020 9:15 AM
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 4, 2020 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
I'm baffled as to how Kuroko no Basket is so obscure in the west now when it's basically on par with Haikyuu in nearly every regard. No English dub, no licensor, no BD release in America, no Netflix treatment. Hell, even Googling "Kuroko no Basuke blu ray" brings up Haikyuu as the top result.
Dec 4, 2020 9:16 AM

May 2016
i don't see hxh, the dodgeball match was the best sports anime ever made
Dec 4, 2020 9:16 AM

Sep 2020
I have a soft spot on Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo. I like some of the anime in the poll too.
Dec 4, 2020 9:17 AM

Sep 2020
Hajime no Ippo is big time pog champ.
Dec 4, 2020 9:17 AM

Sep 2020
idk if 3-gatsu could really considered a sport but since its up there thats my pick

itd be ping pong if it wasnt
pomp --->
Dec 4, 2020 9:31 AM
Apr 2013
Yaaceen said:
Play2X said:

Ahhh sorry i thought you were serious xD

Haha, don't worry about it. But to be fair, if it wasn't a loli anime and had more budget for better animations it might have been a by far less obscure choice. But the way it is, it will probably stay in obscurity forever.
Dec 4, 2020 9:36 AM

Mar 2016
Why is One Outs not on this list is my biggest question here :P
Dec 4, 2020 9:36 AM
May 2017
Look, we all know that the best sports anime will forever be Keijo!!!!!!!! in all of its eight exclamation point glory.
Dec 4, 2020 9:53 AM

Jul 2020
Dawson_Armstrong said:
Look, we all know that the best sports anime will forever be Keijo!!!!!!!! in all of its eight exclamation point glory.
yo. i was just about to say the same thing. i was like, why dont this lad got keijo on the polls.
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Dec 4, 2020 9:54 AM

Jul 2020
because keijo not on here i voted for beyblades. it shoulda been metal fight cuz that is the single greatest sports anime (if we arent counting pokemon or keijo) but yeah
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Dec 4, 2020 9:57 AM

Dec 2016
Captain Tsubasa because it's the closest to a sports anime series I love.
Dec 4, 2020 9:59 AM

Apr 2020
I have a major soft spot for Haikyuu and I haven't seen any other sports anime. My answer will probably change soon.

beep boop bop pow
Dec 4, 2020 10:09 AM

Sep 2018
Adampk said:
Nirinbo said:

But its still a sport. unlike a boardgame like snake and ladder, chess and go are played at a professional level like other outdoor sports
E- sports are entirely different, I am pretty sure there are anime about e sports which dont have a wiki tag as sports

Snake and ladder aren't mind sports, so they're another matter (I didn't mean that all board games are mind sports).

Anyways, I think both our views are correct: it's just that the term "sport" can either refer to physical sports in particular or to the broader definition, that also includes mind sports and e-sports. From Wikipedia: "The inclusion of mind sports within sport definitions has not been universally accepted".
Dec 4, 2020 10:11 AM

Mar 2020
Run with the Wind is my favourite...an unpopular opinion ain't it?
Dec 4, 2020 10:22 AM
Jun 2017
Haikyuu is amazing but I've had the most fun watching inazuma eleven, definitely my favorite. Initial D and run with the wind are also great, this list is hard to choose from.
Dec 4, 2020 10:31 AM
Apr 2018
I picked Hajime no Ippo, but slam Dunk and captain tsubasa are also my favorites.
Dec 4, 2020 10:45 AM

May 2020
Haikyuu best
Diamond no ace 2nd best
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Dec 4, 2020 10:46 AM

Nov 2015
none, because i want a sport anime about hockey
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 4, 2020 10:51 AM

Apr 2020
I would say Diamond no Ace, Hajime no ippo, or Hikaru no go.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2020 10:57 AM
Jun 2017
Ashita no Joe, by far. Great depth to its characters, a complete exploration on its topic that shows both the pros and cons of boxing as a profession, excellent portrayal of its era's society that made it have far more cultural relevance than most other titles and, most rare of the sports genre, presenting good stakes through the repercussions of its plot both inside and out of the ring being permanent consequences. One of the oldest sports titles in manga/anime and still no other title has come close to matching it within its genre.
Dec 4, 2020 11:01 AM

Jan 2018
I really really wonder why the **** nobody voted Major yet !!!
Ryuseishun said:
Ryuseishun said:

It is on the list !!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

12 by traed »»
1 minute ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

67 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
6 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

46 by TitanOfPlasma »»
12 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

38 by Absurdo_N »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.