Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 4, 2020 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes, Flan and Sheila getting some valuable screen time with their trip. Tbh, I think it's an important episode for the two to bond more.

As far as Flan's character, she's shown a lot of personality with others and with Sheila, it's kinda unique given her role and being a skilled mage. Glad to see the two working well together when they both got captured.
Dec 4, 2020 5:07 AM

Apr 2020
The story of Fran and Sheila!

it seems that the encounter between Fran and Sheila, overlaps with the encounter between Eleina and Saya over time.
Dec 4, 2020 5:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was very interesting to see Flan and Sheila when they were still apprentice, and it's nice to see how their relationship evolved... they really destroyed the Curio Company, great.
Dec 4, 2020 5:33 AM

Feb 2019
Can’t believe another Friday is here already, but that means another Majotabi ep!

I loved this ep a lot more than last week’s tbh. Not even just tone wise, just quality wise. I really enjoyed seeing Fran and Sheila’s backstory and this all but confirmed that Niké is elaina’s mother and their teacher.

I hope they’ll at least show how Elaina recovered mentally after last week. She didn’t seem upset or anything on her way to the next town.
Dec 4, 2020 5:35 AM
Jul 2016
Elaina is all her mother
Dec 4, 2020 5:37 AM
Jul 2019
A relaxing and refreshing episode after the darkness and depression from last week. Best girl Fran and Sheila back and we got to learn about their past as apprentice witches. Their chemistry and banters were fun to watch and listen too., and I especially liked the action sequence near the end. I also found it funny that Fran somehow got skilled with knives. I’m glad Fran was back this week since she was the one that made episodes 1 and 5 so great to watch.
UncleJojoDec 4, 2020 6:58 AM
Dec 4, 2020 5:38 AM

Apr 2010
So there was a connection with Fron we didn't learn about yet and it's pretty obvious her teacher was Elaina's mother even is she isn't confirmed as such.
Still those two being her students is a bit surprising.

I have to say that their behaviour was funny with all those fight but they did manage to get those bad guys.
Well it was already clear that something made them become friendly with each other.
Dec 4, 2020 5:48 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
A great relaxing episode after the rough one from last week.
Dec 4, 2020 5:56 AM

Jan 2014
After last weeks deep episode, it was nice to have more chill kind of episode. Loved it.

Nov 2016
Gotta be my favorite episode. Not just more Fran, but also Sheila. Loved her deliquent-esque antics. The quarrels were amusing too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2017
Can we confirm that Elaina's mom is definitely Nikeh? And Elaina taking a backseat after last episode's trauma is a good thing.

Otherwise, Fran-sensei and badass Shelia's journey from back then they were apprentices under Elaina's mom, quite a fascinating teach of frenemies (much less having Elaina and Saya under their belt respectively in the present day).

HOT DAMN Elaina's mom is THICC, and also in a sexy way xD
And like mother, like daughter: "How much does it pay?"

The Curio Company, huh. Pretty much like Black Clover's setting of "nobles vs. commoners" (not to mention Shelia's broom being like Magna's Crazy Cyclone), Elaina's mom really is the in-between between both Fran and Shelia, with their arguing banter of constantly sabotaging one another being pretty tame (even down to their being captured). Regardless though, while they can't make it up for relations, at least their camaraderie is a great alternative.

Such a fun backstory though (of the Stardust and Night Witches), and with it a return to form on the calm side of Wandering Witch. And now, Elaina will descend onto the same town that both teachers resided back then...next episode.
Dec 4, 2020 6:00 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see more of Fran and Sheila backstory. They really destroyed those bad guys.

Fran's and Sheila's teacher is definitely Elaina's mother. It's pretty obvious at this point.

I guess Fran, Sheila, Saya and Elaina will be in the same town next week. I can't wait to see them together.

Dec 4, 2020 6:03 AM

Apr 2020
OK folks we got an episode without Elaina. After a terrifying outing last Friday, we got a flashback episode about the relationship of Flan and Sheila. They go way back with *Elaina's mother*, Nikeh as they try to defeat the Antique Hall group.

First impression and they're already like angel like devil, they're just too opposite. But when faced with the whole group of Antique Hall, their partnership really comes to shine and they defeat them in one swoop. It's funny how Nikeh swapped Flan and Sheila's titles as witches, like really. Anyways, Saya has the box which worries Sheila and forces her to go back with Flan.

And it seems like after a depresso trip from the past, Elaina is back to normal and she will run into Saya along with the Stardust and the Dark Night Witches. No ED theme this week, just like no OP theme last week.
Dec 4, 2020 6:08 AM
Jul 2020
So this episode all about the past of flan and Sheila and their sensei elaina's mom who teach them on how to become a official witches.

At first flan and sheila doesn't work together because they seem like they are different from each other for example flan likes fish and sheila likes meat, flan likes butterfly then sheila likes cigarette's

But in the ending when they got caught by the criminals who uses different kinds of weapons. they work together to break free and they capture the criminals together. And in the ending they realize that they were similar from each other and they became official witches now

"Team work makes the dream work"
Dec 4, 2020 6:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Unexpected episode, but surely a welcome one. I got to see Fran and Sheila backstory while they were still an Apprentice of Elaina's mom, in a full duration. I had a mixed feeling watched them all in one screen. Damn, those three were look so hot back there. Especially with Elaina's mom. She was so Elaina afterall xd. On this episode, its looks like even in her young age, Elaina's mom already found her own Apprentice, Sheila first, then Fran as her way to the association.

Talk about Fran and Sheila, they both pretty much like the water and oil, within their opposite personality. Until they found a way to using up their hatred to accomplished their job. A little unstoppable action from them happened lately proved that they were all could be a good friends, under Elaina's guidance ofc. Respectively, they both told their own reason to became a witch. To not so much surprised, they both had a same reasons, a same desires. They both already tangled up by Elaina's mom unification under her apprentice status. Night and Stardust backstory ended, with a happiness ....

Such a nice story, and i am satisfied enough with HanaKana became the main perspective, at least for one episode only. Well, its not over yet. The first time the show used two acts onto their arc. So, lets see the next one, to know whats goin on with that little box, that looks like became a tools to united them all, minus Elaina's mom, unfortunately.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 4, 2020 6:13 AM
Jun 2020
When badass Sheila and quiet and op Fran hated each other, but in the end agreed on their decisions of becoming a witch. Awesome.

AND IS NIKE THE SENSEI OF SHEILA AND FRAN??? POG???
Dec 4, 2020 6:14 AM

Oct 2018
Am I the only one who thinks that Fran and Sheila are a couple?

I don't know, that touching thing might have started something.

Jesus, I love female character smoking.

RePeaTT said:
When badass Sheila and quiet and op Fran hated each other, but in the end agreed on their decisions of becoming a witch. Awesome.

Yes, and Nike is also Elaina's mother.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 4, 2020 6:22 AM
Jul 2019
Nefelupitou said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Fran and Sheila are a couple?

I don't know, that touching thing might have started something.

Jesus, I love female character smoking.

RePeaTT said:

Yes, and Nike is also Elaina's mother.
After Hiratsuka-sensei, smoking anime girls does hit different in a good way.
Dec 4, 2020 6:22 AM
May 2019
This was probably my third favorite episode so far. There were some very telling scenes that explained a few things, like how Nike wanted to know how much the job paid first just like Elaina, and how Fran basically adopted Nike's personality.
Dec 4, 2020 6:23 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode with beautiful back drops of the city of Qunorts. We get confirmation that Elaina's mum was a witch and that she was the teacher for Fran and Sheila.

What i don't understand yet, there must be a reason, is why Fran and Sheila never mentioned to Elaina that they knew her mum and were her apprentices. I guess that when Elaina's mum became a mother she said to keep her past a secret from her daughter, well otherwise Elaina would know her mum was a witch, and the author of her favourite book. Then Elaina would have wanted her mum to teach her magic, maybe she just wanted to be her mother.

I also guess that Elaina's mum (it's annoying we don't know her name?) arranged for Fran to stay nearby so Elaina could approach her to be her new apprentice, maybe Fran did it as a favour to Elaina's mum. I assume Elaina's mum wanted to let Elaina go on her own journey and not follow in her mothers footsteps, but forge her own path. Therefore she kept her past as a witch a secret (or maybe her husband doesn't know also?) and thereby left the decision to become a witch Elaina's choice, she wasn't doing it just to follow her mother.

Now we know that the Adventures of Nike are written by Elaina's mum and based on her own adventures.
Dec 4, 2020 6:40 AM
Jul 2019
animejas said:
This was a very good backstory episode for Fran and Sheila, much needed after a godawful, rushed and forced episode 9 (and really a mediocre bunch of episodes recently). The tone, the conversations and chemistry, the world building and the general story all felt more natural, more enjoyable and just better in every single aspect here. Good banter between the two as a whole.
Sheila still gives Hiratsuka-sensei vibes. Both are tough hard-ass sensei’s with crippling smoking problems.
Dec 4, 2020 6:53 AM

Oct 2017
Finally backstory of best girl Fran sensei and every bit of it was amusing. Young Sheila was quite amusing too, she was one of those Yankee girls. Her broom also looked like those modified bikes Yankees have.

XD how much does it pay, certainly reminds me of someone else.

And with that now it's confirmed that Elaina's mom is Nike. Also lol looks like Elaina, Saya, Fran and Sheila are all headed to the same place. Next episode's definitely gonna be amusing.
Dec 4, 2020 6:54 AM

Sep 2019
Nike, who is most likely Elania’s mom, is the teacher of Fran and Sheila. Their backstory was good, I enjoyed this episode.
Dec 4, 2020 7:12 AM

Jun 2012

Itasha broom

I laughed so much at this, it's interesting to see modified brooms.

z00nex said:
Nike, who is most likely Elania’s mom, is the teacher of Fran and Sheila. Their backstory was good, I enjoyed this episode.

The episode with the wall was a dead giveaway that Nike is her mom.
GlorditDec 4, 2020 7:19 AM
Dec 4, 2020 7:20 AM
Feb 2018
Next episode will be great. Hopefully the last two episodes are as dark as 2,3 and 9. My ideal ep12 his elaina, Fran, saya and Sheila journey back to Elaine home to met he mother who I figure is Nike and Fran and Sheila mentor
Dec 4, 2020 7:42 AM

Apr 2019
Good episode on Fran and Sheila, was fun seeing how they met and them becoming friends. I guess Nike is Elaina's mom huh...

Dec 4, 2020 8:11 AM

Jun 2019
Nice episode. Fran and Sheila's past and their relationship changing with time was nice to watch. Their master is definitely Elaina's mum, that's for sure now.
Dec 4, 2020 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

Elaina's Mom is just as fine as her, love the little teasing demeanor she has especially the tone she takes with her apprentices. Her mind to get money and of course the pouting at the end was great. Also, loved her knife tutorial.

Sheila and Fran's story was great, really love how connected all the characters are. Truly is a small world. Sheila was quite the feisty apprentice, though Fran seems more collected, their relationship development was great and the action sequences at the end were pretty amusing especially those poses with the knife.

Sounds like we'll be getting an episode with Sheila, Fran, Elaina and Saya next?
Dec 4, 2020 8:27 AM
Oct 2020
Wait, wasn't Fran Elainas teacher? Why is she her apprentice in this episode.
Dec 4, 2020 8:44 AM
Sep 2020
Every episode of Majo no Tabitabi never fails to amaze me. It's a light anime (i usually watch dark anime) but it's interesting. I love all the characters and I really love this show💖
ririka20Dec 4, 2020 6:44 PM
Dec 4, 2020 8:53 AM
Aug 2020
Younger Sheila's side profile looked somewhat similar to that of Lalatina Darkness from Konosuba
Dec 4, 2020 8:59 AM
Jul 2019
lil_pan said:
Wait, wasn't Fran Elainas teacher? Why is she her apprentice in this episode.
This episode was about Fran’s past as an apprentice witch. Her teacher just looks like Elaina.
Dec 4, 2020 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
Switching up tones now, and wow, it was actually a longer episode, but it still felt short somehow.

The meeting between Fran and Sheila seems rather reflective of how Elaina and Saya first meet, but the overall directive composition of the relationship developing was much different. I really enjoyed the interactions and the silly ventures of the then young-and-upstart Fran and Sheila with their teacher.

By now, it should be quite crystal clear that the "mysterious witch" from episode 7 is Elaina's mom. Like mother like daughter, for sure.

It was a very good and solid episode, though unlike many of the people here in this forum (especially with a few in particular that I'm more familiar with), I personally think it utterly paled in comparison to the resound messaging and moral empathic presentations from episode 9.
Dec 4, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2020
I’m still questioning if the anime wanna be normal or dark
But this episode was actually good
Nina supporter for life💕
Dec 4, 2020 10:01 AM

Oct 2018
Yeah, so Elaina's mother was their teacher, that was expected.
Dec 4, 2020 10:07 AM
Jul 2020
Dang, its nice to see that we're finally getting some character development aside from elaina herself, good shit, good shit.
Dec 4, 2020 10:48 AM

Oct 2020
Is that a Matrix reference with Sheila blocking the bullets with her wand?

Dec 4, 2020 12:08 PM

Apr 2015
So the story of Fran and Sheila, both an apprentice under the Witch called Niké (aka Elaina's mother).

Was nice to see the Anime explore the story of the side characters of when they were both apprentices. Their attitudes towards each other was pretty amusing to watch. They were complete opposites through and through and now they get along like besties.
Dec 4, 2020 12:37 PM

Dec 2019
delightful episode after the darkness and sadness from last week. Though I hope they’ll show how Elaina healed mentally.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Dec 4, 2020 1:52 PM

Mar 2020
Well this was a change of pace. This episode tells the tail of Sheila and Fran and how they came to be.

Nice to see how two very different people were able to become so close.

I'm wondering if Sheila broom has an engine on it xD.

Well seems like the town that Elaina is heading will be the final destination for this season unless there's still more to show...I dunno.

Good episode :)

Dec 4, 2020 1:55 PM

Dec 2015
I guess I'll be the weird one
For the whole episode I was like "I don't care, go back to Elaina".
I don't get why would you ruin the pace of the plot by implementing random side story in the middle of seemingly the climax of the season. The same thing happened in Psycho-Pass. Like leave this shit for an OVA.
Dec 4, 2020 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Let me just ask something.

There was a 10-year backstory previously right? It showed Elaina's mom as a witch, she looks pretty young. "10 years". Elaina is 18 years old.

So basically at that time, Elaina's mom already had Elaina who was 8 years old while she is still traveling as a witch.

This is from episode 1. How old is Elaina here?

Dec 4, 2020 3:09 PM

Jun 2020
We get to see more about Flan and Sheila, well they got a good backstory there that involves probably Elaina's mother since they look alike.
Dec 4, 2020 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Fran sensei and Shelia duo were freaking amazing. I got so hyped when they started to get along and fight together.

They had the same teacher, looks like it was Nike. Wait . . . is Nike Eliana's mother?

Looks like the finale is near :( I'm guessing this mini story/arc is going to be the next 2 episodes. I wonder what's inside that box?
Dec 4, 2020 3:32 PM

Jun 2017
An out of the blue backstory but it was great. Now we will get Part 2 with Elaina and Saya next week most likely delivering some beating on the same bunch Flan and Sheila caught.

I thought it would be kept a mystery that Elaina's mom is pretty much a witch too but they just straight revelaed it like that. lol
Dec 4, 2020 5:15 PM

Jun 2016
KANLen09 said:
Can we confirm that Elaina's mom is definitely Nikeh?

I think we can be sure now. XD

KANLen09 said:
HOT DAMN Elaina's mom is THICC, and also in a sexy way xD
And like mother, like daughter: "How much does it pay?"

Like mother like daughter. XD

Blissful episode, it is this kind of atmosphere and stories i like instead of the traumatic ones... ;P
Dec 4, 2020 5:29 PM
Aug 2020
Another boring episode. They really love this pattern.
Dec 4, 2020 5:50 PM
Jul 2019
ChuuritsuTv said:
I don't get why would you ruin the pace of the plot by implementing random side story in the middle of seemingly the climax of the season. The same thing happened in Psycho-Pass. Like leave this shit for an OVA.
You’re not being weird at all. I’m pretty sure there’s others that think the same way too.
Dec 4, 2020 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
ChuuritsuTv said:
this show has seemly had no proper pacing from the start it's just them taking random stories out of order in the trend of "dark" and comedy lighthearted episode roulette , only at the start before it went into a flash back showed the most progress of the story by both of them knowing Elaina.

episode was alright really didn't care for anything going on just wasn't that interesting found myself skipping around ,even if i don't like Elaina was thinking can we just go back to her i wanna see if shes grown from last week.

well at least i know what side she gets some of her less desirable traits from
Dec 4, 2020 8:32 PM

Jan 2020
Amazing episode again. This flashback was really enjoyable and after last episode I really loved the light hearted style. I'm honestly surprised I enjoyed this episode despite the lack of Elaina's screentime.

Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left :(

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

132 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 11:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.