Forum Settings
Forums

Topics you're tired of in the anime community

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
@Timebomb420 sure shipping is fun, i like shipping, but some fans are far to into it.unhealty, and this uuuurgh makes me shiver.

or when they insult you, because ship XY is faaaar better. ooof.

Dec 4, 2020 10:09 AM

Jan 2019
Nurguburu said:
I'm tired of people talking about Darling in the FranXX despite being one of the worst anime ever made.

Obligatory Big Lebowski reference. The dude abides.
Dec 4, 2020 10:11 AM
May 2019
Overrated/Underrated topics
Sub Vs Dub
Waifu wars
Shipping wars
Dec 4, 2020 10:26 AM

Aug 2020
"if you haven't watched ___, you're not a real fan!"
"anime that everyone hates but you like it?"
"underrated/overrated anime?"
"why everyone hating on ____, it's actually a great anime!"
"what's your favorite anime?"
most of these questions are stupid af. people have their own taste, they can like whatever they want.

and on the other site, you'll probably see a bunch of clowns saying "sao > every anime"
Dec 4, 2020 12:12 PM

Jan 2020
"-What anime do you expected nothing but surprised you?
-I watched FMAB and HxH expecting just generic shounen, but oh God I was soooooo wrong. I have critical sense"
๐Ÿ˜’

Dec 4, 2020 12:18 PM

Oct 2019
People calling Demon Slayer overrated is getting really old.
Dec 4, 2020 12:45 PM

Aug 2017
Other topic I dislike:

"WhY dO mOsT pEoPlE's MeAn ScOrE oN MAL iS lOw? WhY ArE u StIlL wAtChiNg AnImE tHeN iF u DoN't LiKe It?"
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 4, 2020 4:41 PM

Mar 2020
comparing anime that really shouldn't be compared

an example is Shield Hero and Overlord

yes, both Isekai but both trying to accomplish VERY different things

Another one I hate, but it's not really a topic, people saying "in the manga" when the anime is based on a LN, a perfect example is Shield Hero
Dec 4, 2020 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Shitty relationship / sex thread.
Garbage judge my list
Dec 4, 2020 5:28 PM

Apr 2020
Why everybody loves/hates this anime, character or genre
Overrated or underrated stuff
Should I watch this anime? Is it worth my time? (seriously dude, just watch and take your own conclusion)
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Dec 4, 2020 10:48 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
i could go the rest of my life without discussing ecchi/fanservice with non-ecchi fans of neutral grounds like this one and i am 100% sure i'd be better off for it, confining myself to mostly just interacting with fellow fans instead of coming out and dealing with the likes of you lot would do wonders for my happiness

people do not understand how much i genuinely hate talking about this topic with most of you and how much i actually tend to just dislike you as people for your opinions on this topic, that contempt isn't an act, it's contempt born from half a decade of hearing the exact same revolutionary or conciliatory or vitriolic ideas, all laden with a total lack of perspective or even interest on the topic, for the 14,228th time

why am i still here honestly, i default to disliking people at this point
ManabanDec 4, 2020 10:53 PM

Dec 4, 2020 11:00 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Let' see:
-People wanting free therapy with threads like "I'm losing interest in anime, what do I do?"

-It was banned for a reason: Overrate/underrated and old vs new anime

-People asking why others don't "use the full scale". Rating threads in general.

-"Why don't people like x anime?" There's a review section to answer that question.

-Elitist threads. At its peak it was the most obnoxious trend on the forums since the loli threads days.

Dec 4, 2020 11:09 PM

Feb 2010
"objectivity in anime." topics are dumb and a waste of time.

also the "I hate ecchi/harem anime." just stop watching ecchi/harem dumb ass we have tags for a reason.

and most of all the "anime score." arguments.

@BatoKusanagi

any time anyone ask me why i don't have a 1 rated anime i tell them it's because i have yet to find an anime that is THAT bad.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 4, 2020 11:26 PM

Jun 2020
When stupid dragon ball fans shit on other shounen animes because they think Dragon Ball is the Best Anime because goku and other db Chracters can destroy planets with little effort and other anime Chracters cant.

I Love Dragon Ball but it's (most of)fans and plots are stupid and shitty.

Whenever im watching Naruto on YouTube there's always a stupid dragon ball fan saying ooo NarUto SuCks beCaUse anYonE fRoM dRagon ball Can BeAt hiM

At Least Naruto Anime has More Techniques than Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Only Has

Kamehameha
Galick Gun - What if we color Kamehameha pink
Final Flash - What if we color Kamehameha Yellow
Ki Blasts
Spirit Bomb
Final Explosion
Special Cannon Beam
Hakai

And Only Good Looking Move - Destructo Disc

I probably have forgotten 1-15 Moves but thats about it.

And People think Goku is Greatest Chracter Because he can Use Ki Blasts, Kamehameha, Spirit Bomb
6EyedBastardDec 4, 2020 11:40 PM
Dec 5, 2020 12:13 AM

Dec 2008
Topics I'm tired of are the type that are not controversial. Topics that don't encourage debate. MAL users don't wanna debate, because no one is convinced of the other's argument. So what do we get?

- Who is your only waifu?
- What is your favorite OP/ED?

topics like these don't encourage discussions. That's why MODs lock these type of threads that exist for only to express preferences without argument.

- Why my waifu <Nami> is better than yours?
- Why Bleach ED3 or One Piece OP6 is the best of all EDs/OPs?

because...... reasons. That's why.

Here's something provocative, but no one wanna start the spark. Everyone here is afraid of being BOOed by MAL community.
Dec 5, 2020 12:24 AM

Jul 2015
I'm tired of anime fans discussing, and dumping on, harem anime, moe/cute characters, and fan service. Give it a rest already!
Dec 5, 2020 2:37 AM

Jan 2019
MechaNaruto said:
When stupid dragon ball fans shit on other shounen animes because they think Dragon Ball is the Best Anime because goku and other db Chracters can destroy planets with little effort and other anime Chracters cant.

I Love Dragon Ball but it's (most of)fans and plots are stupid and shitty.

Whenever im watching Naruto on YouTube there's always a stupid dragon ball fan saying ooo NarUto SuCks beCaUse anYonE fRoM dRagon ball Can BeAt hiM

At Least Naruto Anime has More Techniques than Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Only Has

Kamehameha
Galick Gun - What if we color Kamehameha pink
Final Flash - What if we color Kamehameha Yellow
Ki Blasts
Spirit Bomb
Final Explosion
Special Cannon Beam
Hakai

And Only Good Looking Move - Destructo Disc

I probably have forgotten 1-15 Moves but thats about it.

And People think Goku is Greatest Chracter Because he can Use Ki Blasts, Kamehameha, Spirit Bomb

I only got into anime "properly" a year or so ago, but I watched DBZ as a kid and enjoyed it.

I didn't watch Naruto until recently but man, when I did, I was pissed that I didn't watch it as a kid. Don't get me wrong, DBZ has the spectacle advantage, but as an adult (and I think most right thinking adults would agree) I've realised that Naruto is a far, far superior show, partly because it's got better characterisation and tells a more human story.

Anyway, I realise this isn't a DBZ V Naruto thread and everyone has their own opinion on it, but to weigh in on your actual point, I think most people don't really care about the "power" of characters in X show VS Y show (although I get why kids do it, I used to have a lot of fun with my friends as a kid comparing who would win in a fight between Duke Nukem and Doom Guy, lol) as it's kind of a moot point.
CallMeHootDec 5, 2020 2:44 AM
Dec 5, 2020 8:00 AM

Jun 2020
Even though I am a big fan of AOT,
I am very tired of looking at all these AOT topics.
Dec 5, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2020
Taste. Something subjective shouldn't be argued about for hours, lol.
Dec 5, 2020 9:37 AM
Apr 2020
I'm sick of the perverted thick thighs
Dec 5, 2020 11:54 AM

Aug 2015
Sorrowson said:

Power scaling has ruined the greater One Piece fandom. Every time a new chapter comes out, a large part of the community will criticize the scaling instead of the actual writing. Instead of discussing the substantial content of the story, they argue about topics such as "how did character x beat character y?"

I feel like Marineford hurt the collective brain of the fandom, because before that people didn´t were so ballistic about who beats who and the fucking "Yonko Level" that everyone seems to care about after the new world. Like it matters, considering the fights are the weakest part of One Piece by far.
Dec 5, 2020 2:55 PM

May 2020
This basically is exclusive to MAL but is present in other forms in different places

"Why is (Insert anime here) rated so low?"
Or
"Why is (Insert anime here) rated so high?"
The problem is kinda dispersing on MAL cuz mod's always take down or lock those post's cuz people just argue, but it's still annoying
โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡
Dec 5, 2020 3:13 PM

Feb 2015
Anytime people come in to trash on an anime or genre that clearly doesn't appeal to them. Such as people hating on battle shounen because it isn't deep or dark enough. Or the anti-ecchi crowd trashing ecchi because it's only fanservice.

People bandwagoning whatever is a popular opinion at the time, usually as an excuse to hate on something, so they feel they can fit in with everyone else. Prime examples would be the bashing on Sword Art Online or Eromanga Sensei, but also the extreme overhype of certain anime, like One Punch Man.

Topics about the MAL top scored anime, and how these people seem to treat it like a kind of war.

Lolis and pedophilia. Because that's just a never-ending circle that never goes anywhere.

For topics more related to specific communities, I can't stand shipping wars. Those are like the dumbest stuff ever, lol.
Dec 5, 2020 6:02 PM

Feb 2020
Anything to do with power levels, at the end of the day, Danny Devito has the highest one of them all

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Dec 5, 2020 6:27 PM

Mar 2019
Something such as "Is Sakura of Naruto a useless character"

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Dec 5, 2020 9:16 PM

Jan 2020
The whole fairy tail is trash anime

SAO is a revolutionary anime

DN is overrated (if you think it is then don't talk about it we don't need your negativity nobody's forcing you to like it)

I hate the whole love triangles in every romance anime trope

The ecchi and harem are the worst genres. I don't like harem myself anymore but I don't go propagating it like the Bible.
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
Dec 5, 2020 9:28 PM

Dec 2019
- "I don't agree with [insert anime trope/character design/story plot here] because
I think it's wrong and anyone who defends it, is gross!"
- "[insert anime title/anime genre here] is Overrated"
- "[insert anime title/anime genre here] is underrated"
- "Objectivity vs Subjectivity"
- "How do people enjoy [insert anime title/anime genre here]?"
- "X character could beat Y character in a fight"
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
Dec 6, 2020 12:06 AM

Oct 2019
Like the people here said these type of threads are the reason why I rarely come on discussions forum and the most annoying and offensive is the loli/shota threads and I find these type of threads many times outside mal too.
Full_anime_FanDec 6, 2020 12:29 AM

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

Dec 6, 2020 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
The whole "who's the real big 3" debate and those few ppl who say your not a real weeb unless you have watched DBZ, One Piece, Naruto and so on.
Dec 6, 2020 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
- Why is [anime] not more popular?
- What is objectively the best anime?
- Anything to do with overrated/underrated
- Complaining about scoring systems
- The three episode rule, or dropping shows in general
Dec 6, 2020 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
*Why is new anime shit? It was soooo good back in the '90s*
I can pull up an IRC from the '90s of a guy saying the same thing. This topic is the oldest and most tiresome one ITT I assure you.
Dec 6, 2020 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
Topics about people complaining "why the low/high score?" when it isn't even low, usually around 7... and why complain if it's high? Either it's a brand new show and the first episode was great/fake votes, or it's mainstream, (or the show was actually good). Nothing can be done about that and I don't find a little difference in my rating a problem.
If a show I rated an 8 has an average score of 4, then I'd start wondering. Not if the score's 7.01 for example.
BunilleDec 6, 2020 12:03 PM
Dec 6, 2020 11:58 AM

Aug 2020
a friend has thought about leaving the anime community but I don't think he will soon.

it still needs some good animes for its closing
Dec 6, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
I'm gonna add the "Why is X so bad nowadays/ this was so much better X amount of years ago" I'm so tired of these nostalgia merchants.
Dec 6, 2020 12:28 PM

Jun 2016
Reading all these posts I wonder if there is something to talk about nowadays without annoying someone..
Dec 6, 2020 3:19 PM

Feb 2018
For sure the sub vs dub thing has gotten old.. like what's the point of discussing such topic that has already been discussed for more than a decade now?

Also is X stronger than Y? Man X is stroooong.. could he beat Goku tho?
Dec 6, 2020 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
Probably debates on liking/dislikes certain types of deres, and people questioning why others watch a lot of anime and rate them low. Seen those types of threads countless times.

Dec 6, 2020 9:01 PM
Jun 2020
The SAO hate threads. Seriously, if they hate the anime, just don't make a thread about because it's really annoying and no one cares about your opinion.

The sub and dub wars. Like who cares about it? Is it a requirement to watch sub if I want to watch anime? I watch both sub and dub for animes like One Piece & Pokémon and it's really good. Also, while watching dub anime, you can do your homeworks and play games.

Dec 8, 2020 9:13 PM

Aug 2017
WNchad said:
*Why is new anime shit? It was soooo good back in the '90s*
I can pull up an IRC from the '90s of a guy saying the same thing. This topic is the oldest and most tiresome one ITT I assure you.

I think its more a meme topic than a serious one.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 8, 2020 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
Threads where the OP doesn't understand subjectivity , I swear more than half of the threads in MAL are about subjectivity
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

55 by Pokitaru »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 7 hours ago

30 by iiKonata »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

74 by Otakupervert890 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 6 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
27 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 11 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
37 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.