Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2020 2:30 AM

Sep 2020
Oh my, this episode was so sweet with both Adachi and shimamura.
I loved this scene from this episode so much!
Valentines day this episode is really rocking it ><
Dec 6, 2020 3:44 AM

Jan 2020
Probably the best episode so far. That entire date was so heartwarming! Especially their hug at the end. I'm really glad that this didn't turn into a love triangle, and Shimamura is starting to become aware of her feelings.
Dec 6, 2020 9:44 AM

Oct 2018
love this cute relation between Shimamura and Adachi, they are so adorable together
Dec 6, 2020 9:27 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was more fun and entertaining to watch.

I guess it's because Shimamura was more active and excited in this episode.

Really, Shimamura's behavior affects the entire episode's theme!!

Dec 7, 2020 11:28 AM

Sep 2016
I like this anime.
However, it's so slow and we're basically at the end already.

Plus, the adaptation is way more similar to the axed manga than the new one (that doesn't even reach up to the point of this episode, btw).
If they do the same shitty ending of that manga here I swear...
bruh
Dec 7, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
hhhnnnggg that hug! so sweet!

Dec 8, 2020 2:58 PM

Mar 2019
to describe this anime as 'slow burn' would be an understatement, i honestly wish it would speed up! :( despite that, the animation is as beautiful as ever <3 interesting to see shimamura interact with an old friend after she's changed so much!
Dec 10, 2020 12:21 PM

Mar 2009
This was a great episode.
Dec 11, 2020 7:53 AM

Mar 2014
They cute AF. Shimamura's gesture was very romantic. The hug initiated by Adachi was adorable.

Tarumi and Shimamura's meeting was a bit awkward, but that's unfortunately common when you naturally fall out with someone from your childhood. However if both of them get to meet each other and see how they've changed, they could keep going, I think. It was very sweet how Shimamura was thinking of Adachi during their meeting though.
Dec 12, 2020 12:40 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Kinda teared up when Adachi saw Shimamura's message. ;o;;;
I love this so much. Everything just feels so right and not even like forced. It just so delightful.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 15, 2020 8:56 AM
Apr 2013
So, on Funimation the message was "I hope we can continue to stay close!" but the LN had "Let's keep rockin'!!". The context around 'em seems to be the same so does anyone know if the LN and/or anime translations were also different from one another in the original content?
Dec 26, 2020 10:26 PM

May 2009
Cute Valentine's episode!
It's so hard to not sympathize with shy and awkward Adachi. And how unfortunate that she would trip when she was going to hug Shimamura. But it seemed like it ended well despite that.

The progress is slow, but I like it!
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Dec 28, 2020 11:34 PM

Aug 2019
oh yep, yep this episode was the one. This episode fucking killed me with how much sweetness it contained, good lord i need more insulin now. There travel to Nagoya looked fun, and they seem to know how to keep each other company. Adachi pulled that sneaky uno reverse card on Shimamura with the chocolates. Found Adachi's reflection of herself as Shimamura's "puppy" pretty, interesting. i guess we know who will probably be the bottom in the relationship

Shimamura and her interactions with Tarumi were interesting, lets of self reflection from Shimamura's end. Ngl Shimamura can sometimes spit the deepest dialogues sometimes, especially this episode, some of her monologues were pretty interesting and philosophy to some degree, but i'm glad Shimamura and Tarumi left on a happy note.

That end scene with Adachi and Shimamura, ah that was the killer. The build up to what the text was going to say, to Adachi's reaction and their hug, got me right in the heart won't lie. And as if it wasn't enough, the scene right after was the final nail in the coffin for me. Man this anime is good.
Jan 3, 2021 4:27 AM

Sep 2020
Wow that was a great episode. The scene when Shimamura displayed the message "I hope we can continue to stay close" was amazing, then Adachi and Shimamura shared a hug. Amazing scene! It was hilarious when Adachi aggressively pat Shimamura's back when they hugged, I love her awkwardness.

This episode also built up Shimamura and Tarumi's bond, during the sneak peek for the next epsiode you can catch a glimpse of them getting closer together. Also, Nagafuji and Hino (the two bestfriends) have such wholesome moments. I really enjoy the scenes with them together alone and occasionally sharing intimate moments is always a treat!
Apr 11, 2021 12:38 PM

Aug 2018
Well.. Nice hug.. experiment.. I guess, there are lots of things and feelings in Adachi's and Shimamura's relationship.. At the same time it's nice.. They're like exploring some things.. And at the same time it's a bit worrying, because this anime really can go in whichever direction, it feels.. Like, I wouldn't be too surprised, if their relationship would stop after them changing classes in new year.. Not school, just after classes mix.. As they were wondering about this earlier too, really.. So I don't know, really, how to feel about their relationship..
Like.. Ok.. So Shimamura for Adachi is a sun, as Adachi thought to herself.. Alright, this is more understandable, I guess.. Still worrisome, how it'll be next, but ok for now.. And for Shimamura.. Who is Adachi to her?.. I don't know.. Even this episode ends more on Shimamura's thoughts about her past being full of spiky bushes, or whatever it's in English.. And more thinking this way about her childhood friend, rather than about Adachi.. I don't really feel for now that Shimamura likes and how much likes Adachi.. On the other hand, it's like Shimamura had better time on this Valentine date with Adachi, than just yesterday with childhood friend.. But I don't really know.. Shimamura a lot of times feels absent about many things.. Absent with her mind.. So she might as well just be getting closer to Adachi, but not really realizing that much.. Shimamura mentioned on the other hand that her life became less grey in following days, since February 4th.. But it's also hard to say, what for she attributes these colors.. So I just don't know.. With Adachi it's better to understand, what Adachi feels.. With Shimamura it's harder.. Also how fragile Adachi is, wouldn't be too surprised if she'd just break in some moment.. Like the fruit who was getting into the condition, but then who'd just pop on the ground one day, how she described herself.. So.. It's really unpredictable all these things, really, to me..
Apr 19, 2021 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
That was sweet in its awkward way. I'm glad to see that so far this hasn't become a love triangle. Or as long as it's only Tarumi potentially feeling that way then I don't care as much, just no need to have a constant third wheel.
RazielZeroApr 19, 2021 4:10 PM
Jun 7, 2021 5:34 AM

Nov 2013
I feel bad for Tarumi. She is a good girl, but they totally lost any connection and now they feel awkward in each other's company. Pretty realistic situation.
GvendolineJun 7, 2021 11:31 AM
Sep 20, 2021 2:29 PM

Feb 2020
That hug and the chocolate exchanging scene were adorable. :3
Mar 3, 2022 8:54 AM
Aug 2015
Aw my favourite episode so far ❤️
But I still wonder if Shimamura knows.. o.o
Apr 14, 2022 12:21 AM

Jan 2020
I wish I knew why so many characters are obsessed with Shimamura...

As we're approaching the end, I'm not sure if this is even going to get a resolution.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 7, 2022 10:33 PM
Feb 2022
again the ending was cute
Jan 3, 2023 10:40 AM
Nov 2022
i feel like they could of have done more with the episode but most of this series is just talking.
Jan 29, 2023 8:46 PM

Jun 2014
Tarumi was disappointed when Shimamura wasn't quite how she remembered, but people change, and those two just weren't meant to be.

Shimamura and Adachi are hugging now! Is Shimamura really that oblivious to how Adachi feels, though?

Aug 5, 2023 9:00 AM
Aug 2023
That was a pretty chill ep actually, maybe I don't hava a lot to say scince the gay panic queen Adachi Sakura (I finally know her name! yaay! they never mentioned their first names before) wasn't verry present this ep. But I really liked the ep overall. It's sad cause I kinda relate to Shima with is dang self sabotage, steping away from friends for no reson but the self sabotage and idk dosen't knowing how to relationship :´) but it's nice how she's seeing how much Adachi actually means to her!
Dec 8, 2023 3:49 AM
Oct 2023
The character performance slowed this episode down. The third girl (I am horrible with names) felt at best like an awkward cloud hanging in the background and at worst wasted time. Shimamura felt much unlike her normal self. I get it's probably due to seeing her friend the day before, but I think they played up her character change too much. It was like she was trying too hard. She wouldn't be the one trying too hard in the relationship. That would be Adachi. Adachi was fine btw. After nine episodes, my rating is 6.8/10. Heading in the wrong direction...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

59 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.