Forum Settings
Forums
New
How long do you think this will take me?
2-3 years
2.1%
5-6 years
9.5%
7+ years
88.4%
95 votes
Dec 2, 2020 4:48 PM

Nov 2018
Edit: Ok so basically, I've taken all of your advice, Cyanice has given me a better option with the AWCc. I'll be trying that, anyway, that's it.

OK, so, I have decided that I am going to watch every anime in alphabetical order on kimanime. Hand in your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions.

Side note: When I come across a series that is out of order alphabetically, I am going to diverge and do the series in order, and then continue alphabetically. Then I will also be watching seasonal shows as they come out with new episodes.

I will give an update around the time I finish N's list, and then one final one after I complete this.

Updated thoughts a little further down in the forum.
AukaiDec 3, 2020 8:17 AM
Dec 2, 2020 4:50 PM

Dec 2017
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Good luck!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I enjoy lightskyblue

Dec 2, 2020 4:52 PM

Mar 2020
Every anime? Are you sure about that? By the way, Good Luck .

Dec 2, 2020 4:52 PM
Jun 2020
May George Carlin, the only god that exists, be with you.
Dec 2, 2020 4:54 PM

Feb 2019
Aukai said:
OK, so, I have decided that I am going to watch every anime in alphabetical order on kimanime. Hand in your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions.

Side note: When I come across a series that is out of order alphabetically, I am going to diverge and do the series in order, and then continue alphabetically. Then I will also be watching seasonal shows as they come out with new episodes.

I will give an update around the time I finish N's list, and then one final one after I complete this.

Good luck 🤞........................
Dec 2, 2020 4:56 PM

Sep 2007
Quite an undertaking as that's decades of anime, I wish luck and good health.
Dec 2, 2020 5:01 PM

Jul 2017
Don't want to sound like some dick, but uh, why? Most anime is not good to say the least, and going alphabetically seems like a nightmare. If anything I came here to discourage you, it's quite literally a waste of time to do this, you won't find some hidden gems and if you do they will be few and far between and most likely won't make an impact in your life.

On top of that you want to watch seasonal anime?, this is just not going to happen.

Please, just watch "good" anime...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2020 5:01 PM

Aug 2018
probably 7+ years

wishing you all the best
Dec 2, 2020 5:07 PM

Oct 2020
You're going to end up hating anime at the end, but good luck!
Dec 2, 2020 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
Aukai said:

I command you to STOP doing that! This is an ORDER!
Dec 2, 2020 5:14 PM
May 2018
Is that... possible? And like on tv and you're watching invested or in the background? I mean obviously invested I guess but oof. Most anime sucks. I just cant see you being happy and theres alot of life and other hobbies youd be missing out on if you tried to seriously devote yourself to that. Momma Breach344 is worried about you Aukai come home and play the new Breath of The Wild. Give up on your dreams.
Dec 2, 2020 5:17 PM

Jul 2017
There's no light at the end of this tunnel. You should really stop before you regret this OP lol

Dec 2, 2020 5:23 PM
May 2018
Attackonfiller said:
There's no light at the end of this tunnel. You should really stop before you regret this OP lol

Yes... only darkness...
30 character limit
Its snowing on Mt. Fuji
Dec 2, 2020 6:02 PM

Dec 2016
Good luck, my friend...
You could probably start a 24hr livestream so we can make sure that u live through this

Lots of love,
Spagootle
Dec 2, 2020 6:19 PM

Aug 2017
You will never finish this but good luck trying.
Dec 2, 2020 6:37 PM
Jun 2015
I wouldn't recommend it man. There's no point in watching all those shit anime. I'd just stick to the good ones and leave it at that. Too much precious life to just waste on that.
shane_nicholsDec 2, 2020 6:40 PM
Dec 2, 2020 6:39 PM
Sep 2019
Wow man. If you see this task through until the end, that's pure respect. I wish you good luck on your journey.
Dec 2, 2020 6:41 PM

Apr 2020
i feel like that stops you from getting into pretty good series, but also introduces you to good ones at the same time- accompanied with pretty terrible ones. but i mean, thats the anime journey in general so yeah good luck, idk how long it will take you- if you're adding seasonals probably a really long time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2020 6:45 PM

Sep 2010
I don't know about that cause Detective Conan has almost 1,000 episodes and One Piece has about the same amount, but anyways good luck I guess.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 2, 2020 6:54 PM

Apr 2018
A more accurate/realistic poll question would be "How long will it take for the inevitable burnout to set in and cause me to drop this silly challenge entirely?"
Dec 2, 2020 7:05 PM

Nov 2011
Going alphabetically is a bad idea, because you will be bored real fast, you should just pick them at random.
And I support you or anyone else to do that, so I can get some recommendation for what obscure title to watch.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 2, 2020 7:11 PM

Nov 2018
Goddamn, this was interesting to read over people's thoughts, honestly, you guys are right. I'm gonna take Jim_Heart's advice on this one. It's definitely a better idea.

Anyway, if you want, please send me some obscure but underrated anime.
Dec 2, 2020 7:14 PM

Feb 2018
alphabetical order? you are going to leave it before the first month, sorry dude
Dec 2, 2020 7:17 PM

Sep 2020
Good luck with Sazae-san, you will fail.
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Dec 2, 2020 7:19 PM

Oct 2017
Good luck on your journey!

Dec 2, 2020 7:59 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
You are trying to walk in the path of no life I see, better stretch it to 10-15 years so you can still being productive irl even just a little bit.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 2, 2020 8:01 PM

Jun 2020
Well damn.. good luck to you my friend! Keep track of your progress on a blog post; it'll help a lot!
May God be on your side, this is going to be a wonderful journey.
Dec 2, 2020 8:06 PM

Dec 2008
Someone better make a song of Aukai. Something similar to AVGN song.
Dec 2, 2020 8:13 PM

Sep 2020
Fr?
Damn, RIP. You ain't surviving the next decade mentally sane

This is the American suicide prevention hotline
800-273-8255

You might need it.
Dec 2, 2020 8:16 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
You could spend the rest of your life watching and you would only get through 80% of current anime.
Dec 2, 2020 8:17 PM

Nov 2008
You're probably better off trying the first episode of each show you have not heard of

I do this with seasonals and find some great stuff that way.

Dec 2, 2020 8:17 PM

Mar 2020
Unless you're a NEET, this will take you forever, and probably won't be an enjoyable experience; not only is there a TON of trash anime out there, you might not even get to fully enjoy the good ones, as you won't be able to choose what you watch depending on your mood and needs. Don't do it.
Dec 2, 2020 8:19 PM

Apr 2020
You do have a motive for this, right? Forgetting it mid-way is going to be 'big trouble'...
Dec 2, 2020 8:34 PM

Jun 2017
What I don't get is what is the relationship between doing it alphabetically and the time it would take you.

Dec 2, 2020 8:43 PM

Aug 2014
Not sure if you're serious, but my thoughts as someone that did something similar with FUNImation, (granted a lot smaller catalog), it was mind-numbing, tedious, and overall not a fun experience. Found some gems, but overall it felt like a poor waste of time.

Going through the list alphabetically and picking out the shows that interest you makes sense to me. If you're really doing this (if not thank god!), I'd suggest dropping like crazy and early; like 90% of the catalog. Even then, I wouldn't recommend this torture. You're going to get stuck on some letters for a long time. If you have a no drop policy, DON'T! I did this before and I'm thankful I don't do this shit to myself anymore. Seasonals are enough for me now.

Anyway, good luck man : )
YEROCKYDec 2, 2020 8:55 PM
Dec 2, 2020 9:04 PM

Nov 2018
YEROCKY said:
Not sure if you're serious, but my thoughts as someone that did something similar with FUNImation, (granted a lot smaller catalog), it was mind-numbing, tedious, and overall not a fun experience. Found some gems, but overall it felt like a poor waste of time.

Going through the list alphabetically and picking out the shows that interest you makes sense to me. If you're really doing this (if not thank god!), I'd suggest dropping like crazy and early; like 90% of the catalog. Even then, I wouldn't recommend this torture. You're going to get stuck on some letters for a long time. If you have a no drop policy, DON'T! I did this before and I'm thankful I don't do this shit to myself anymore. Seasonals are enough for me now.

Anyway, good luck man : )

Ah, ok, well then, I'll follow that idea then. I already fell into a different mind-numbing state, don't wanna go through that again.

Thanks for the info!! My main idea when approaching this was finding a way to interest myself into new genres, but there are definitely better ways of going about it. Thanks again
Dec 2, 2020 9:07 PM

Jan 2016
Cerber106 said:
Don't want to sound like some dick, but uh, why? Most anime is not good to say the least

Please, just watch "good" anime...

Where's the fun in that though? You gotta add some flavor to your life by watching some bad shows here and there.

If everything is good, then nothing is.
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Dec 2, 2020 9:13 PM

Jan 2016
Aukai said:
My main idea when approaching this was finding a way to interest myself into new genres, but there are definitely better ways of going about it. Thanks again

Check out the AWCc It sounds like a much better way to accomplish what you want then watching everything alphabetically :)
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Dec 2, 2020 9:27 PM

Nov 2018
Cyanice said:
Aukai said:
My main idea when approaching this was finding a way to interest myself into new genres, but there are definitely better ways of going about it. Thanks again

Check out the AWCc It sounds like a much better way to accomplish what you want then watching everything alphabetically :)

This looks perfect, thanks!!!

Here is some random text for the 30 limit
Dec 2, 2020 9:32 PM
Dec 2017
1.) I've made a personal goal for myself years ago to complete 10,000 anime before I die, and even I think your idea is a bit wacky and impossible. I'm glad there's someone out there who loves anime so much that they're willing to watch literally everything, but it's not the greatest idea, and you might need to mentally prepare yourself.
2.) 7+ years? More like 70+ years. Voting is unnecessary.
3.) Most anime is bad. You're more likely to go insane than actually achieving your goal. And since anime is constantly being made, there's no end. You lose, dude. Be wise and make a specific goal.
A psychic dwarf escapes from a prison. It was a small medium at large.

(×__×)
Dec 2, 2020 9:59 PM

Apr 2020
gee if only i can watch anime in the afterlife

instead of A to Z on MAL, try A to Z on streaming sites (like 9anime, they're pretty complete), since it's more realistic and less headache about finding lost anime

Dec 2, 2020 10:07 PM

Oct 2016
There are lots of older anime which you won't find completely subbed, or raw. Aside from that just imagine all the shit you are going to consume while doing this. I suggest you give up.
Dec 2, 2020 10:13 PM

Nov 2018
You mean the one of hundreds of Kissanime rip-off sites? They don't even have a good fraction of all series that you can find on here. You're better off using sites like 9anime as they don't require you to complete some shitty pick-an-answer captch question after each episode like Kiss did.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Dec 2, 2020 10:13 PM

Oct 2019
Good Luck, but i feel as though this is an unhealthy decision
Dec 2, 2020 10:15 PM
Jun 2020
I wish you luck man.... and also that would be crazy.

“It's just pathetic to give up on something before you even give it a shot.”
"You're not a degenerate you just have a boring life, and that's ok."
Dec 3, 2020 12:08 AM

May 2016
pls don't do that, it's a giant waste of time
just like shitposting
Dec 3, 2020 6:15 AM

Sep 2020
It will take you a super long time for sure...May god be with you
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Dec 3, 2020 6:15 AM

Sep 2020
It will take you a super long time for sure...May god be with you
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Dec 3, 2020 6:25 AM

Nov 2016
Ok, you got your attention, you don't need to do it, lol. Not that I think you would pull if off anyway, but don't even try it, unless you want end up hating anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 3, 2020 6:27 AM

Jun 2020
You definitely won't make it, you'll burn out not more than 10% into it
This anime shit is addictive

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

74 by Acctra »»
47 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

116 by Lhundrup »»
9 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

20 by MasterTasuke »»
10 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
26 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.