Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BAMBOO BLADE
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 3, 2012 1:13 AM

Aug 2010
Man that was good. I love how consistent this show was.
Jun 26, 2013 3:16 AM

Dec 2011
That was a satisfactory ending. Kirino was just so cute in this episode. 8/10
Oct 2, 2013 1:14 AM
Feb 2012
yeah i was rooting for Kojiro x Yoshikawa!!!! but the more i thought about it the more it just seems like Kojiro is going be more dedicated to the students. If her and him got together it would have been really good as well though.but maybe he and Kirino can be an item after she graduate, because she only cried the whole series with him.
Lt_HaremWatchOct 2, 2013 1:29 AM
Nov 2, 2013 9:38 AM

Oct 2008
I really enjoyed this show! 9/10

Tamaki was awesome :3
Dec 11, 2013 2:27 AM

Feb 2012
I was rooting for Kojiro x Yoshikawa when she was first introduced... esp. when they were playing the video games in the faculty room, then her bringing food for the girls during the training camp. But totally didn't expect her ending up with Kenzaburou. Got disappointed there. Although, after seeing Kirino embracing Kojiro, I wouldn't mind if they end up together after she graduates high school or something.

Sucks that Yuuji didn't have any romantic relationship with either Tama-chan or Satori. Still, enjoyed this anime more than I expected.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 26, 2014 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
I see a Ishida x Kirino on the horizon. Won't be long until she graduates high school anyway :p

It was good, the girls definitely carried this show. Much as I love to see the squad in action again, the rest of the manga's story isn't that interesting at all. The anime covered the good parts.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 26, 2014 2:59 AM

Dec 2009
I really liked Bamboo Blade. I have, for some reason, waited years to actually watch it. And it lived up to what I had imagined beautifully.

Then, sadly, came episode 17-18 which were both full of really dumb plot devices to make the girls lose. Bad stomach? Little brother? Being forced to forfeit? It was just really, really dumb and frustrating. At least it still managed to keep its great atmosphere the moment they lost, which is something.

However, with episode 19-26 there were anime original episodes that completely ruined what made the series enjoyable. Instead we were given... angsty drama? How could anyone think that would be a good fit for Bamboo Blade?

It's a shame the anime wasn't able to follow the manga, as what it covered there was nothing but fantastic. I really hope we'll eventually see a second season, or possibly a remake, because Bamboo Blade is so great.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 16, 2014 10:35 AM
Mar 2014
SENSEI X KIRINO
Aug 26, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2012
Overall pretty lovely ending of the series, while I'm not a too huge fan of sports anime, these Japanese sports sure do interest me! So all in all it was a pretty good anime I must say. 7/10
Feb 9, 2015 3:48 AM

Aug 2014
RafaelDeJongh said:
[W]hile I'm not a too huge fan of sports anime, these Japanese sports sure do interest me!

Agreed wholeheartedly. This is the first sports anime that I've watched & finished.
It was a time well invested.
Apr 9, 2015 3:42 AM

May 2008
Really enjoyed it, although I wanted Ishida to be the one that ends of with the other sensei haha.

The short epilogue kinda left it for a second season or OVA but given that was how many years ago it hasnt happened. shame. the girls and the kendo team were great I really liked personally the 2 Kirino and Saya who are like sisters and upbeat.
May 22, 2015 7:38 AM

Sep 2012
Good ending but kinda disappointing to see Kojiro not ending up with female teacher, well he still have Kirino after she graduates.
Tama is so dense, well can't help it, 7/10.
Jan 13, 2016 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
Okay. Joyful reunion between student and sensei -----) student want's his sensei's dick.

M'kay.
Feb 21, 2016 12:22 AM

Jun 2007
Y'all crazy about wanting typical american 'happy end'. Thank God that didn't happen. I cringed enough over the scene with these annoying freshmen.
SorvarinFeb 22, 2016 12:29 PM
see you, space cowperson . . .
Aug 22, 2016 4:48 AM

Nov 2011
wtf happened at the end??? what was that??? they were hinting at a continuation, a second season probably, which never fucking came

AND THEN THEY SHOW THE ANIME'S TITLE

FUCK DAT MAAAAN IT FEELS LIKE NO ONE HAS MADE ANY FUCKING PROGRESS
I DON'T FEEL LIKE ANYONE GOT ANY BETTER OR SOME SHIT
to make it worse, this shit was HELLA boring most of the time

fucking gay
Sep 16, 2016 11:29 PM
Mar 2016
i was very pleased with how it ended. it left me with some good feels and wrapped up nicely ^^
Mar 27, 2017 7:03 PM
Mar 2017
Sorvarin said:
Y'all crazy about wanting typical american 'happy end'. Thank God that didn't happen. I cringed enough over the scene with these annoying freshmen.

You mean wanting a relationship that was hinted at over and over to happen? Oh! Totally crazy! Man, what were people thinking, wanting an actual PAYOFF and not for a sudden behind pull that put her with his best friend with no actual buildup and a sudden pregnancy and marriage less then a year later! Not ham fisted or poorly done at all!
Mar 28, 2017 2:33 AM

Jun 2007
Palladiamorsdeus said:
You mean wanting a relationship that was hinted at over and over to happen? Oh! Totally crazy! Man, what were people thinking, wanting an actual PAYOFF and not for a sudden behind pull that put her with his best friend with no actual buildup and a sudden pregnancy and marriage less then a year later! Not ham fisted or poorly done at all!

Omg man i'm sorry if my opinion worsened your mood somehow :] but it is not a romance anime.. pls don't get mad at me
see you, space cowperson . . .
May 18, 2018 7:33 AM

Nov 2017
Quite good anime, but still the manga version took the cake for me. It is hinted in anime and manga that Kirino has a feel (maybe love, maybe respect) for Ishida. But i ship for Ishida X Yoshikawa (T^T ) why this anime end up with Ishibashi X Yoshikawa?
Ugh....maybe this script got an ok from the writer, but Masahiro Totsuka sensei actually already planned different way for this. He said ishida will be an instructor in a school with troublesome kendo girls club. He will learn a lot and theres a chance that this new team will face Muroe High in Interhigh or meet. And he said there'll be a hint of romance. Totsuka sensei didnt write the story of course, he just planned it, but still.....i want to see IshidaxYoshikawa.....
Sep 25, 2018 11:38 AM

Apr 2012
Sorvarin said:
Palladiamorsdeus said:

Omg man i'm sorry if my opinion worsened your mood somehow :] but it is not a romance anime.. pls don't get mad at me

Well, in fact, in the franchise there is romance and with each part of it more and more. But the author planned the first part as more CGDCT-focused work, so all the ships here are only implied or ambiguous.
Oct 14, 2018 8:39 AM
Jan 2017
The beginning of the episode was pretty confusing for me as I didn't register the ending of the previous episode (Ishida riding off on the motorcycle with that dude) as him leaving the school, even with that short exchange he had with his senpai, but in the end they explained everything and it was cool.

I wanna see more. :(
Sep 18, 2019 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end sensei came back and they even got two new members. Unfortunately there is no second season, so that new girl in the end will never appear again xD

Feels like an eternity since wanted to finish watching this and I finally did it. I remember liking the first few episodes a lot and this time I did again. There were a few episodes afterwards which were a bit boring, but each one did at least get one laugh out of me and the characters are really fun to watch. Not as soothing as Non Non Biyori, but close. Kirino best girl. 8/10
Mar 18, 2021 11:23 PM

Dec 2012
This certainly ended on a good note. While it hints at the story going on, I'm content with this glimpse into the ongoings of Muroe's Kendo Club. This cast was certainly an eccentric bunch with plenty of subtle quirks & ongoing gags such as the Miya & Dan duo. It's somewhat rare to find a proper sports anime focused on girls teams and I found it refreshing that it was able to do so without either being a harem or CGDCT.

On the romantic note, I was a bit taken aback by Ishida not ending up with Yoshikawa. Kirino's reaction on his return as advisor, however, makes a bit more sense. I don't necessarily ship them, but it seems like there's been far more chemistry between Kirino & Ishida. It likely wouldn't happen while she's still a student, but I've seen similar dynamics in other anime so it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if they ended up together a few years later. This notion is also reinforced by how considerably older Tamaki's father is compared to what we see of her mother.

In any case, I became quite fond of Kirino myself and felt she was definitely central in keeping Bamboo Blade's momentum going.

7.5/10, I think the lyrics of the OP sum up my thoughts on this series nicely. That for each of these characters, they found their own bamboo beat through Kendo.
Jul 24, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2018
[quote=Bayek message=62387896]This certainly ended on a good note. While it hints at the story going on, I'm content with this glimpse into the ongoings of Muroe's Kendo Club. This cast was certainly an eccentric bunch with plenty of subtle quirks & ongoing gags such as the Miya & Dan duo. It's somewhat rare to find a proper sports anime focused on girls teams and I found it refreshing that it was able to do so without either being a harem or CGDCT.

On the romantic note, I was a bit taken aback by Ishida not ending up with Yoshikawa. Kirino's reaction on his return as advisor, however, makes a bit more sense. I don't necessarily ship them, but it seems like there's been far more chemistry between Kirino & Ishida. It likely wouldn't happen while she's still a student, but I've seen similar dynamics in other anime so it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if they ended up together a few years later. This notion is also reinforced by how considerably older Tamaki's father is compared to what we see of her mother.

In any case, I became quite fond of Kirino myself and felt she was definitely central in keeping Bamboo Blade's momentum going.

7.5/10, I think the lyrics of the OP sum up my thoughts on this series nicely. That for each of these characters, they found their own bamboo beat through Kendo.[/quoteKirino Chiba and Toraji Ishida do they end up together i havent read the manga so not much info on it online only some fan art
Sep 30, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2016
That was a nice conclusion to this series for me. They showed an unknown character at the end tho, so I assume they tried for a new season.

A decent comedy from the 2000s. Nothing too great happening plotwise, at least until the last 6-odd eps. I don't think this should have been 26 eps long, it must have tanked the production budget as some eps were worse than others.

Feb 1, 2023 1:51 PM
May 2020
What a superb conclusion to a sports anime that doesn't prioritize victory, but the passion for the sport.
Nov 1, 2023 3:53 AM

Aug 2020
A great and cute anime that didn't get a second season... This series was lovely from the very start. The cast (especially the cute girls) and the OSTs were magic. Amazing story. Episode 13 was my favorite and the cutest! This series will be one I'll rewatch anyday.

<3

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

playconn - Feb 2, 2008

50 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:52 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 13 Discussion

Abyss - Dec 26, 2007

40 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 25 Discussion

alert105 - Mar 25, 2008

39 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 31, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 24 Discussion

Netforce - Mar 20, 2008

49 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 23 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 18, 2008

44 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 25, 2023 4:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.