Forum Settings
Forums

Entry for 'I'm in Love with the Villainess' / 'Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou' Light Novel please

Nov 30, 2020 9:18 AM
Please add this series as a Light Novel:

Japanese Title: 私の推しは悪役令嬢。/ Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou.
English Title: I'm in Love with the Villainess
Synonyms: I Favor the Villainess
Author: Inori / いのり
Illustrator: Hanagata / 花ヶ田
Year: 2018
Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, School, Shoujo Ai

Official Seven Seas Entertainment Publisher page for the series.

Thank you! :)
Modified by frozen_lights, Nov 30, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 3, 2020 1:36 AM

It seems it got rejected for "unpublished digital novel" reason

This light novel seems to be in the weird situation where it has a paperback release in english but not in japanese... I guess this is a very strict requirement as the guidelines show no exception.
Although "printed volumes and/or magazines under a recognised Light Novel label" technically doesnt specify the language it needs to be printed in...

Dec 19, 2020 12:04 PM

Having seen another entry for the LN rejected this week, I can only conclude that apparently MAL does not consider Seven Seas a recognized label. Looks like, despite having the English book in front of us, we need to pray for a physical Japanese release to be finally able to read it...

With markets everywhere (especially western manga/LN/game distribution) sadly often moving to digital only distribution, this really is a good example of why the "with manga and/or anime adaptations already in the database" clause should be restored for LNs, although counting licenses in other languages as proper releases would also help.
Modified by luinthoron, Dec 19, 2020 12:16 PM