Forum Settings
Forums

(BUG) Invalid Captcha and sketchy submit button

New
Nov 30, 2020 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
I am on an iPad, I'm on firefox for iOS

I was replying to a post. I replied successfully. Then, I went to edit my post. After editing the text, I tapped "submit". That did nothing and it did not start loading a page. So I tapped "submit" a second time. It loaded a page told me "invalid captcha". I went back to the topic and found that someone had replied after me, but MAL glitched out and copy-pasted my post to their post. It was not a bot, it was a regular MAL user. A minute later, their post was deleted, probably because they realized MAL glitched out and copied my post to theirs.

Anyway, I went back to edit my post, and the same problem (submit button doing nothing, then "invalid captcha") happened like 4 times before I was able to successfully edit my post.

Then I went to edit my post again. Same garbage. Submit button doing nothing until you press it twice, then "invalid captcha". What a joke. This problem has not ever happened to me before. Usually, when I tap "submit", it's a little slow, but it shows that some kind of new page is loading, and eventually it loads. It doesn't just stay frozen there doing nothing. And the only time I've ever gotten "Invalid Captcha" is if I press the submit button twice in a row -- but in those cases, the original post still gets posted or successfully edited -- and in those cases, that's when the submit button actually works the first time you press it. The submit button, normally, doesn't just do absolutely nothing and make the page sit there and not load anything. But that's what the submit button is doing now -- at least, sometimes.

Let's see if this post works, I use copy-paste just in case.
Dec 1, 2020 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
ye im having the same error and i made a thread about it too https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1878886
Dec 1, 2020 10:57 PM

Mar 2017
I am having a similar issue. when I'm editing a forum post, specifically the December Challenge, and I hit "submit" it gives an "invalid captcha" message and won't allow me to submit it
Screenshot
Dec 5, 2020 6:15 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Is this still happening to anyone? I made several posts and edited some and never got this error message... so could have been a temporary problem.
Dec 5, 2020 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
not happening for me at the moment was just that day
Dec 6, 2020 8:23 PM

Dec 2019
@Luna

This is driving me nuts, it's happening like 10/15 times a day
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

More topics from this board

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
10 hours ago

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - 10 hours ago

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
10 hours ago

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

1 by CareBear »»
11 hours ago

» On my profile I got the wrong number of total episodes/total time

GamiKhan - Yesterday

2 by GamiKhan »»
Yesterday, 2:58 PM

Sticky: » Advertisement Complaint Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 22, 2016

464 by traed »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.