Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 29, 2020 12:01 AM

Aug 2018
I've seen some profiles of people who have watched hundreds to thousands of anime while giving a mean score of less than 4. Why do people do this? Is it to be edgy, or something else?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2020 12:05 AM

Jul 2020
I think a mean score below a 4 is ridiculous. But at the same time, people rate differently. At the end of the day they're just a number it shouldn't be something that serious.

But yea there are some users out there with meme reviews and people feed into that bs
Nov 29, 2020 12:06 AM

Aug 2019
This thread has been made a billion times before, but sure, I'll entertain the question. It's not that they're edgy, it's probably because they want more range in the higher section of their scale. Their rating representing average might not be '5' even if the site says it's that way.

Either that or they are being edgy, but those people are far and few between. They'll either grow up and learn that being elitist isn't cool, or they'll stay in their little bubble; you can always just ignore the latter. It's not like these people affect your life.
Nov 29, 2020 12:09 AM

Aug 2017
OP, we rate differently, we don't have the same taste and some people never drop anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 29, 2020 12:11 AM
Oct 2015
yea it's pretty weird. i assume you don't rate something a 4 that you enjoy, which means they didn't enjoy most of the anime they've seen. clearly they need to find a new hobby or get better at picking anime...
Nov 29, 2020 12:15 AM

Aug 2018
Lol I just find it a bit weird. If they watched hundreds of anime, I would have expected a normal distribution in the scores around a mean, even if the mean was low. However one guy has their score distribution in a pyramid shape (with a score of 1 being the most common in their anime list).
Nov 29, 2020 12:20 AM
Oct 2015
oh yea ive seen people who rate like that too. they give plenty of 1's for anime they dislike, but not nearly as many 10's for anime they did like. doesnt make much sense. i guess they are just pessimists lol
Nov 29, 2020 12:25 AM

Jun 2020
The more you progress towards the 4 digital number of animes you completed the more your score will drop because if u complete every show u will start to complete more and more anime that you dont really enjoy.

I really enjoyed the first 30 anime but after that it only goes downhill for me.The ratio for liked/disliked anime will even drop further in favorite of the latter the more you watch because most anime aren't really good.
Nov 29, 2020 12:31 AM

Sep 2007
Nurguburu said:
OP, we rate differently, we don't have the same taste and some people never drop anime.

I agree, but there are people with (very) high expectations/standards as well.
Nov 29, 2020 12:42 AM

Sep 2018
If I watch a show that is barely enjoyable, completely forgetting about it 2 minutes after finishing it, how am I supposed to rate it?
Does this mean that I hate anime and I should stop watching them? I don't think so.
Nov 29, 2020 1:02 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I used to think like that myself when I was new to the medium but as time passed the magic of discovering a new medium started to fade, stuff that I used to like started to feel uninspired and heartless. Mainsteam appeal turned out to be more important than telling a genuinely interesting story, resulting in a pretty looking shell of nothing.

I still love the medium for it's endless potential but I've come to terms with the majority of anime not being any good. Sturgeon's law is more apparent than ever.
Nov 29, 2020 1:08 AM

Apr 2019
I generally filter what I watch based on what other people think is good by concsensus. Thus my mean score comes out to be just under 7. That seems about right to me. If I randomly picked anime to watch it would come out around 5.
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
Nov 29, 2020 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
4 seems like an alright rating of "I thought I could like this based on plot summary, but it's worse than expected". I don't see why you'd continue an anime or a show if you feel like it's 3-4 in the first half though, but everybody's different. I don't mind stopping an anime in the middle and forgetting about it.
Nov 29, 2020 1:59 AM

Feb 2013
the numbers mean different things to different people... so the exact number of the mean score doesnt matter that much..
you should see it more like the barrier that separates anime into "above average" and "below average"

some people also watch a ton of random shorts and music videos and rate them low, so the mean is kinda artificially lowered
Nov 29, 2020 2:02 AM

Sep 2020
Yeah if your average is 4 then why bother, like do you even like animu???
Nov 29, 2020 2:03 AM

Nov 2018
Mine is just above the 5.00 mark and has dipped below into the 4s, the only reason for it being that low is because I watch a lot of the music videos that have entries on MAL (everything up to 2010). A lot of them are shit, and hence I give them a low rating.

My average rating for TV shows is around 7.00ish

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Nov 29, 2020 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
Most of them are being edgy but like arrange their list in a different way so they use all 1 to 10 scores
Nov 29, 2020 2:28 AM
Jun 2020
My average score is the best since there isn't one in the first place.
Nov 29, 2020 2:47 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm below 4 does sound quite low, makes you wonder if one even enjoys the medium anymore... However there's also the case, that the more shows you watch, the more critical you become. I used to give 10s left and right to almost every anime ive enjoyed, but once ive seen a certain number of shows, i realised that amongst those hundreds of 10s there are shows that I've enjoyed much more than others. I revisited my scores and ever since I try my best to follow the MAL description of scores like 5=average, 10= masterpiece and so on.

We're all golden
Sunflwers
on the inside :>
Nov 29, 2020 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
I believe that if a person has an average rating less than 7 then they don't like many animes either because they have watched too many or they just like a few. In any case, if your average rating is less than 7 then that means you only like a few animes so there is no point in watching a ton of them, just stick to the mainstream ones.
Nov 29, 2020 3:01 AM

Mar 2020
I dont drop anime but I also dont watch absolutely everything. I think there is a lot more subpar anime than good so if you watch outside your comfort zone as well as pretty much everything I think the average would be lower. I imagine I seem like I am generous with my ratings but I do my best to avoid anime I dont think I will like. I also tend to see the good in shows more than the bad so that may have some effect on my ratings as well.

We all do it differently so I wouldnt worry about it. For me a bad or meh anime generally ends up around 5-6 which seems high but there is a ton of anime that I know is way worse and over time I have learned to weed most of it out before I get to the watching stage.
Nov 29, 2020 3:10 AM

Oct 2018
They want to feel special, that is the reason

It's quite funny, they barely or never give a 10, they give lots of 1

Their favourite anime are always some famous who show with score below 7

I think they're just being a character, you know?

I'm not able to understand how someone could watch 200 anime or so that they hated, sometimes even more. I can understand if you finished some anime that you hate to the point of giving a 1, but some people have 200, 300 shows rated with 1.
PhosphophyllitaNov 29, 2020 3:19 AM
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 29, 2020 4:06 AM

Feb 2019
A mean rating of 4 does not mean that the user's opinion on every anime ever is a 4. It just means they happen to have seen a lot of sub-par or bad anime.

If you, right now, went out of your way to watch a hundred anime unquestionably awful, and rated them appropriately, then your average would drop. Does this mean you like your favorite anime less? Does this make the 9s and 10s you've given less valid? Obviously not.

If anything, a user with a high average rating is more of a concern, since they either have incredible luck with what they choose to watch or, more likely, very low standards.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 29, 2020 4:15 AM

May 2016
if i never realized how stupid it is to never drop anime, mine would be below 4 as well
Nov 29, 2020 4:24 AM

May 2018
Why do peolpe with hundreds watched anime have lower scores more often? It's easy - they have more things to compare and more reasons to differentiate them.
You probably miss the point of ratings. 10-score rating system supposes that people are able to separate all shows they watched in ten different categories. If I gave a show a 1, 2 or 3 and finished it without dropping, that means I still enjoyed it.
If you are unable to use all 10 scores and don't rate things below 5-6 then it's your fault, not their.
Nemo_NiemandNov 29, 2020 4:28 AM

Nov 29, 2020 4:27 AM

Nov 2015
my mean score isnt that low but I can get why they do it
after watching hundreds of animes, u realize how repetitive everything is and its more difficult to find a show u genuinely enjoy, majority of my 10s are from 2017 and before, its not that they don't like anime anymore, its just harder imo

but ye, some of those ppl r just trying to be edgy

𝐼 𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝑀𝒶𝓎𝒷𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒞𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒰𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝒯𝑜, 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝐼'𝓂 𝒟𝒾𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉. 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝒹 𝒯𝑜𝑜, 𝒮𝑜, 𝐻𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒯𝑜 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒰𝓈.
Nov 29, 2020 4:28 AM

Feb 2020
if the mean score is less than 4, there are 3 possibility
1) They are fakers or haters (less score to every anime whether watched or not, except for there favorites in hopes of increasing rating or trying to look more experienced or something like that)

2) They genuinely dislike or losing interest in anime medium but has a persistent personality or most of the anime the watched are dropped anime ( Its better for them if they stop watching anime and go and use their time in something else)

3) Incorrect rating (to vent out its not upto high expectation ) or some use of some weird self made scale of rating

please note - second option is a really unlikely scenario. U might have to find people with persistent personality (i dont think many are like that).
Most people don't actually know the calculation of mean score when they are faking.
HAVING BORED BY ANIME OVER YEARS TO BE THE REASON FOR A MEAN SCORE LOWER THAN 4 IS ACTUALLY A EXTRIMELY UNLIKELY SCENARIO

eg - A person has watched 50 anime and has a mean score of 3. He is into anime ( because why else would he watch 50 anime). So atleast there should be 1 show which is he consider 10/10. So according to mean score calculation rest 49 anime he can only give upto 2.8 for each at an average. This guy can only reduce his rating to 1 for the other anime to give some of the better liked anime more than 3 rating. I do know with no of anime increased the no of rating he can give also increases. But still why would he increare the no of anime if returns are so low.
basically the gist of it is a person with less than 3 mean rating would only like a max of 3-4 anime out of 50 anime watched if provided other series are rated extremely low like 1. Would a person like that continue to watch 50 more anime if the results are same or lower in the next 50 anime also ? ( I mean to maintain 3 rating from increasing in 100 watched anime.)
Its a extremely unlikely scenario, I don't know how such people could bear to continuing watching anime ( 4-5 gems and 90-95 worst than trash series. Do such people exist?)
AdampkNov 29, 2020 5:51 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 29, 2020 4:28 AM

May 2019
chiraxxz said:
I believe that if a person has an average rating less than 7 then they don't like many animes either because they have watched too many or they just like a few. In any case, if your average rating is less than 7 then that means you only like a few animes so there is no point in watching a ton of them, just stick to the mainstream ones.
Out of the 28 comments in this thread so far, only 9 people (other than you) have an average rating higher than 7. So I guess most people don't like most anime.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Nov 29, 2020 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
Amoh25 said:
chiraxxz said:
Out of the 28 comments in this thread so far, only 9 people (other than you) have an average rating higher than 7. So I guess most people don't like most anime.
Yes, my point exactly. If someone doesn't like most animes, then what's the point in watching? Just watch the stuff that you think you would like.
Nov 29, 2020 5:01 AM

Sep 2018
A low average score doesn't always correspond to the watch time. For example, only 10% of my watch time comes from anime I rated below 5.
Nov 29, 2020 5:23 AM

Apr 2019
My average rating is dropping as I watch more anime. This isn't because I'm liking the medium less, it's just that my standards have improved.

I think a lot of anime fans go through the stage of loving everything initially, then realising a lot of stuff they liked isn't that good in comparison and they drop the scores.
my life was made with mematic.
Nov 29, 2020 5:25 AM

Apr 2020
It's a defense mechanism. They're long past feeling any sense of enjoyment from watching anime so they put the blame on the anime by rating them low instead of taking a look at themselves.
Nov 29, 2020 5:25 AM

Jun 2017
tbh I had no intentions other than removing my lower scores because they were inaccurate af and also kinda use more scores for "good" anime. idk if it triggers other people I can remove them or make it like AniList. Ah why people care so much about random numbers?
mhkrNov 29, 2020 5:30 AM
Nov 29, 2020 5:31 AM

Nov 2019
I don't know why it is so difficult to understand, but not everyone rates according to enjoyment. Just because I gave a certain show a 3 or a 4 doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Nov 29, 2020 5:41 AM
Jun 2017
There are many reasons for having a low score, such as the metrics one uses (eg. actually rating series by the MAL definitions such as 6 = fine/okay, 7 = good, etc.) as well as rating based on the quality of the work and not just something as subjective as enjoyment as many do. One aspect that has yet to be pointed out despite how obvious it is lies within the OP mentioning some have watched hundreds or thousands of series. The more someone has watched, the less most series will stand out as being good with how there are many series that are more of the same mediocrities or of poor quality, especially if they've seen enough of the medium to have viewed series from many different eras to truly become aware of what holds up and doesn't compared to what has come before or after. It is inevitable that the more series one consumes and the more their taste is refined, the fewer series will end up standing out to them and, the more their previous view of what is the pinnacle of the medium is changed, the less likely they'll be to just hand out 10/10s to series.
Nov 29, 2020 5:43 AM

Aug 2018
I think it mostly has to do with tough rating systems they decided to establish when I look at my average rating I know it feels too hight but I'm not worrying since I haven't watched that many bad shows yet and one day after I finished watching all the better ones that average score of mine will start dropping for sure.
Nov 29, 2020 5:45 AM

Nov 2018
i think below 4 is just ridiculous

but i myself have a mean score of like 6.2

and thats because:

the more anime you watch the more anime is shit
and the more anime gets less special for you

i still think rating shows a 1 just because you didnt like it is not a good score system

you have to loo at all the different elements... va? animation? story? how well is it adapted? difficulty to watch? boring in the beginning but good at the end?

there are too many variables
and rating 180 shows of the 400 you've seen is just stupid
Nov 29, 2020 5:46 AM
Sep 2018
I have a ""low"" mean score but that doesn't mean I hate anime or anything, it's just that I like trying everything, going out my comfort zone and differentiating enough my scores

though I agree that a mean score under 4.0 is just too much
Nov 29, 2020 5:51 AM
Apr 2013
Because people aren't creators, and rather than taking a look at what an anime has to offer, they rather pile on their own enjoyment and overemphasize that, while leaving everything else out.

Lets take our favorite old punching bag of Sword Art Online as an example.
And just to make this clear, I am by no means a fan of SAO, but it might make a good point of how fucked up some peoples rating is. DISCLAIMER: Of course everyone can, at the end of the day, rate how they like. I have some guys in my friend list who just rate everything a 10. But back to the punching bag.

If we look at SAO, we have a setting, that a lot of people got really invested in and liked, and a storyline, which, if you just look at the plot on paper is on the better side. The execution wasn't perfect, with the end to the first arc being a literal fuck you into the face, which was as far as I remember not or only barely foreshadowed, so Setting 3/3, Story 1-2/3, Execution 0-1/3, so for Story overall 6/10. Going through art and sound really fast, while it wasn't up to the gold standard of Fate/Zero, it had undeniably good production qualities around the 8/10. Characters? Sure, most of them were generic and not all to fleshed out, so overall I can see character scores go as low as 4/10. Enjoyment is the easiest of all to scew to whatever we want, but I would say that, even if one hates the show, it should be 2/10. (I give 1 point for anime that I'd recommend to people to watch, and given how infamous this show is, I'd say that this applies here). So, what do we have? 6/10, 8/10, 8/10, 4/10, 2/10, makes a total of 28/50 or 5.6/10, which is rounded to 6.

So, and now, why that radom introduction of my score for SAO? Because it shows, that even dislikeable shows usually has some redeeming values. We should never forget that anime USUALLY only make shows of successful manga, lns or other media, with some originals in between. That means that, again, USUALLY we get work that at least has some qualitiy, with the really bad works like Utsu Musume Sayuri, Shitcom or Skelter Heaven far in between. Given that we tend to watch shows that interest us rather than, well, just watching everything, the mean score should end up somewhere between 6-8, rather than, well, 4 or less.
Hope this is at least somewhat coherrent, woke up like 5 minutes ago ^^.
Nov 29, 2020 6:02 AM

May 2019
chiraxxz said:
Amoh25 said:
Yes, my point exactly. If someone doesn't like most animes, then what's the point in watching? Just watch the stuff that you think you would like.
You're making some big assumptions in your statements:
1. A low score doesn't always mean that a person doesn't enjoy said anime. They just might not have liked certain aspects of it. For example: I rated The God of Highschool a 4 because it's story was lackluster and really rushed, but I really enjoyed the animation and that's why I was able to finish it. My rating of 4 doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it at all.
2. You can't always tell if you'll enjoy an anime just from the synopsis and the genres. Sometimes, you have to check out a few episodes in order to know if it's for you or not. And if you don't like those episodes, you end up dropping it and (a lot of) people also rate the anime they drop, which also contributes to the average rating.
3. A rating of 6 doesn't mean that you don't enjoy the anime. It just means that you like it but would want it to improve. Setting 7 as the standard for liking an anime isn't right, since different people rate in terms of different scales.
4. People's standards improve as they continue to watch anime. If you like something right now, that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll like it a few years from now.
5. You need to watch both good and bad in order to tell one from the other. It's hard to explain this one since you haven't watched that many of both sides right now.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Nov 29, 2020 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Npandth said:
chiraxxz said:

Enjoyment is much more of a dynamic concept then you think. For instance, I get enjoyment out of analyzing a work. Finding out what about an anime I think is good and that which I think is bad can bring a whole new appreciation for works I think are the best of the best. By viewing works with an analytical mindset, you can turn what would be a bad watching experience into a fun one as you work out what exactly about an anime you didn't enjoy.

People have different ways they rate shows and different ways they gain enjoyment from them, saying something like "if someone doesn't like most animes, then what's the point in watching?" ignores the fact that there are people out there that think differently to you.
I get that you have a different opinion than mine, but I don't exactly get your opinion. Lemme ask you something. For example, you have given Code Geass a 4 and it's second season a 2. Now I won't ask why you did so since it's clearly your opinion. Just explain me something, if you have given the first season a 4, which means that aren't too fond of the show, why did you bother to watch he second season. If you did like the first season, then I think that your rating system is very strict.
Nov 29, 2020 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
Amoh25 said:
chiraxxz said:
You're making some big assumptions in your statements:
1. A low score doesn't always mean that a person doesn't enjoy said anime. They just might not have liked certain aspects of it. For example: I rated The God of Highschool a 4 because it's story was lackluster and really rushed, but I really enjoyed the animation and that's why I was able to finish it. My rating of 4 doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it at all.
2. You can't always tell if you'll enjoy an anime just from the synopsis and the genres. Sometimes, you have to check out a few episodes in order to know if it's for you or not. And if you don't like those episodes, you end up dropping it and (a lot of) people also rate the anime they drop, which also contributes to the average rating.
3. A rating of 6 doesn't mean that you don't enjoy the anime. It just means that you like it but would want it to improve. Setting 7 as the standard for liking an anime isn't right, since different people rate in terms of different scales.
4. People's standards improve as they continue to watch anime. If you like something right now, that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll like it a few years from now.
5. You need to watch both good and bad in order to tell one from the other. It's hard to explain this one since you haven't watched that many of both sides right now.
I think I understand all your points. I clearly haven't watched much 'bad' shows. After reading a few more forum posts I realized that my rating system is not as strict as other people. So, if I think an anime is average, I would give it a 7 and if I think that an anime is not even average, I would give it a rating from 4 to 6. If I find a worse show, I would simply drop it. So, in conclusion, I think my standards of scoring are less strict than others.
Nov 29, 2020 6:34 AM

Jan 2020
People have their own standards, I guess? My mean score always stays around 6.5, which is fairly generous in my opinion. But some people have a rating system that is vastly different from mine.
Nov 29, 2020 6:35 AM

Aug 2018
why does everyone care about this :/
Nov 29, 2020 6:36 AM

May 2018
Because people have divergent criteria and rate differently. You may find people that may give a 7 to an anime they found bad and people that give 5 to an anime that they enjoyed (me for example). In the end, it's purely arbitrary and you should not think too much of it.
"No one hates anime more than the anime community, which is composed of some of the most spoiled, immature, pessimist and ungrateful people on Earth."
-Anonymous anime watcher
Nov 29, 2020 6:40 AM

Aug 2018
I don't know, they like to suffer I guess. I drop 95% of the shows that I don't like, I like to suffer a bit from time to time.

Nefelupitou said:
They want to feel special, that is the reason
It's quite funny, they barely or never give a 10, they give lots of 1
Imo, people give too many 10's... there is no perfect shows, so 10 should exist. The only 10 should be your favorite one.

Nov 29, 2020 6:41 AM
Jun 2017
chiraxxz said:
For example, you have given Code Geass a 4 and it's second season a 2. Now I won't ask why you did so since it's clearly your opinion. Just explain me something, if you have given the first season a 4, which means that aren't too fond of the show, why did you bother to watch he second season. If you did like the first season, then I think that your rating system is very strict.
There are many reasons to continue watching despite the low score of a first season. For instance, hope that the series will improve over time or general curiosity on how things will go, regardless of quality. As has already been said many times in this thread, analysing the pros and cons of a work is also a source of enjoyment for some (myself included) and if using MAL's scoring system for what it's meant to be (how good/bad a work is rather than how much one enjoys it), someone can still enjoy a series which they recognise is bad. The amount of examples both inside and out of the medium of series or films being enjoyed as dumb fun/trash entertainment/popcorn flicks is numerous. There's also the effect of retrospect. Something you may have thought was good may not hold up when looking back at it again with more attention and deeper thought upon it (which was my experience with Code Geass, actually).

chiraxxz said:
So, if I think an anime is average, I would give it a 7 and if I think that an anime is not even average, I would give it a rating from 4 to 6. If I find a worse show, I would simply drop it. So, in conclusion, I think my standards of scoring are less strict than others.
Leaving aside a strictness in scores, a 5/10 on a 1 to 10 scale is the definition of average, not to mention MAL even provides definitions of what the numbers mean (6=okay, 7 = good, etc.). Not sure why you'd use 7 as the average regardless of how lenient you are on rating shows unless the mean amount of anime you've seen (ie. the average) have all been good, of course.
Nov 29, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Npandth said:
chiraxxz said:
I get that you have a different opinion than mine, but I don't exactly get your opinion. Lemme ask you something. For example, you have given Code Geass a 4 and it's second season a 2. Now I won't ask why you did so since it's clearly your opinion. Just explain me something, if you have given the first season a 4, which means that aren't too fond of the show, why did you bother to watch he second season. If you did like the first season, then I think that your rating system is very strict.

A 4 to me means that I thought that an anime had elements of good in it, but they were overshadowed by elements I thought were bad. In the case of Code Geass, I watched the second season with the optimistic view that it could improve. You can see by my score that I don't think it did.

I'll be real, when I first watched Code Geass I thought it was amazing. I then revisited it after some time, during which my current mindset had developed, and reevaluated my view of it. Despite what you think, I did enjoy the experience of watching Code Geass again, although it was more from picking apart why I didn't think it was good rather than the show itself. And I can't deny that Code Geass has some iconic moments in it that are just very fun to watch.
Oh okay, I think I get it now. I started watching anime earlier this year, so I guess I am still new. What I have realized while reading this forum is that different people have different scoring systems and as a person develops, their scoring standards also change.
Nov 29, 2020 6:45 AM
Aug 2020
I made it a rule of mine to not give any shows a 1 or 2 score but to also not touch things that are rated less than a 5 or 6 on MAL.

Nov 29, 2020 6:49 AM
Jul 2020
would my mean score be considered low?

lmao, I'm never rating another show in my life my avg. is at it's peak
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
58 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

74 by Acctra »»
5 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
30 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.