Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2020 8:06 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another lovely ep!

I'm so glad they kept the part where FY asked "so you slept with him?!" and SL made a smug face LOL.

SL and XL stargazing is so cute.

XL gave SL his hat and even wanted to tie it but SL gave it back. Gotta say I prefer the manhua version of this scene a bit more.

They also kept the part where SL and XL shared a bottle haaaa.

I think my fav part of the ep was when XL walked towards SL and tripped and SL caught him then XL fixed SL's clothes and then SL caught XL's hat and their faces were so close to each other then SL tied the hat for XL. *screams*

Also we got crumbs of the black and white figures!! Won't say who they are since it'll be a spoiler heh.

[EDIT]
Hongjing's blade colour has been fixed

XealiasNov 29, 2020 6:51 AM
Nov 27, 2020 8:20 PM

Aug 2015
This ep is so sweet and funny, so Nan Feng/Fu Yao didn't destroy(or make some hole) Pu Qi shrine in donghua v, which is good lol, because donghua v PuQi shrine smaller than manhua v.

Hat scene so sweet tho.
and...2 mysterious figures appear :D

and yes, the lipsync problem is weird too, idk what happen to them.
ayanamichan85Nov 27, 2020 11:51 PM
Nov 27, 2020 8:24 PM

May 2017
Another enjoyable episode :)
The broom scene XDD and another hualian fluff <3

Also beefleaf crumbs lol
I love all of it!
Nov 27, 2020 9:13 PM
Mar 2014
I enjoyed this episode, and the seens between San Lang and Fu Yao/Nan Feng were so cute! But I wanted some clarification.

So, the two "people" we saw in the desert were not Ban Yue correct?
Nov 27, 2020 9:36 PM

Jan 2020
LaCrayCray said:
I enjoyed this episode, and the seens between San Lang and Fu Yao/Nan Feng were so cute! But I wanted some clarification.

That is correct, neither one was her.

As for the episode itself. This one seemed a little wonky here and there more so than previous episodes... The part that really stuck out to me was when Xie Lian and Hua Cheng were walking side by side talking in the desert, and Xie Lian kept opening his mouth every other second with no sound coming out. Hua Cheng was doing all the talking at that moment. I get they reused those frames over and over but the mouth opening and closing for no reason was kind of weird.
LadyYuinaNov 27, 2020 9:46 PM
Nov 27, 2020 9:41 PM
Nov 2020
I must admit that the lip-sync problem is really noticeable now. I really hope they will fix it in future episodes or even this one by re-uploading.
ilalocheziaMay 31, 2021 1:36 PM
Nov 27, 2020 10:13 PM
Mar 2014
LadyYuina said:
LaCrayCray said:

That is correct, neither one was her.

As for the episode itself. This one seemed a little wonky here and there more so than previous episodes... The part that really stuck out to me was when Xie Lian and Hua Cheng were walking side by side talking in the desert, and Xie Lian kept opening his mouth every other second with no sound coming out. Hua Cheng was doing all the talking at that moment. I get they reused those frames over and over but the mouth opening and closing for no reason was kind of weird.

Thank you for clarifying for me! And I totally get how that made you feel weird, its something I noticed too but I cut some slack for donghuas because they may not have the largest budgets.
Nov 28, 2020 3:49 AM

Nov 2008
Noticed the lip desync - was it an issue before? Can’t remember from the first 5 episodes. Overall, good episode - I guess the remaining 5 eps will cover the remaining parts of this BanYue arc, which will be hopefully enough screentime to show everything relevant. At this moment Idk how many seasons would be able to cover the whole story. No news from S2 yet, it will be a long wait :(
Nov 28, 2020 4:38 AM
Mar 2011
I've noticed in the previous episodes that the lip sync isn't great, and this continued in episode 6. However this episode there was also 3 occasions of Xie Lian speaking a line when another character's mouth was moving, which is extremely sloppy. I really hope they'll get it together for the future episodes.

Still loved it though and the cute moment between XL and HC.
Nov 28, 2020 7:40 AM
Apr 2019
I rarely watch donghua/anime, did this bad lip sync often happens in other works?
Nov 28, 2020 8:07 AM

Jul 2009
I only noticed the bad lip sync when they used the same frames over and over for Xie Lian while he talked to San Lang. That was reaally weird xD
But I'm used to Chinese anime using certain animations multiple times to save work tho it shouldn't be that noticeable. I hope they'll be less sloppy in future episodes^^

I can also imagine the past few episodes being... Well... Boring for people that don't know anything about the story.
They focused more on the characters and their relationships but I don't know how much people can SEE without KNOWING.

I find the character interactions suuuper interesting because I know the story behind it. I still hope new people will enjoy it anyway^^

Can't wait for shit to go down!

Only 5 more episodes T_T
Nov 28, 2020 8:39 AM

Dec 2016
Leaving me with a cliffhanger like this. Directors how could you?!

I enjoyed the rivalry between San Lang and the two heavenly officials. The two seem unbelievably pissed. Fu Yao is like a small angry spoon. I'm lowkey aching to dive in the fandom's ao3 tag, but ugh spoilers.
I wonder how painful it was for San Lang not to use his powers at the end of the episode. But it seems like the heavenly trio pretty much cracked him.

I agree with others. This episode had some weird lip sync. Along with Xie Lian gaping like a fish at one point, I thought it was my VLC doing it
Nov 28, 2020 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
Btw at the end of the episode when Ruoye catch San Lang, Xie Lian pull him up but in episode i saw that San Lang let go Ruoye and I'm wondering if the producers ended episode like that on purpose or they decided to change this scene when Xie Lian pull him up (in novel)... I don't think so, but idk XD I'm little worried haha
Nov 28, 2020 9:46 AM

Feb 2010
I don't know much anything about this series in advance. But I'm really starting to like it. Also a lot of good "feels" moments. But I did notice the animation errors...
Nov 28, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Im amazed that they are so open depicting all the romance (it is not really legal in China?) But yeah there was some animation errors and delay in voice acting : /
Nov 28, 2020 1:17 PM

Sep 2017
Oh so the lip sync problem wasn't coming from me

Otherwise a great episode, love all the interactions between those two !
The last hat scene was adorable (is it me or the BL vibes are more visible/shown here than in MDZS ?)

Even as an anime only Tian Guan Ci Fu is really nice (and less confusing than MDZS)
DamuzenNov 28, 2020 2:19 PM
Nov 28, 2020 1:50 PM
Mar 2014
Damuzen said:

The last hat scene was adorable (is it me or the BL are more visible/shown here than in MDZS ?)

Even as an anime only Tian Guan Ci Fu is really nice (and less confusing than MDZS)

Its not you! I also feel that the BL vibes are much more apparent than in MDZS. And yeah the lip sync was a bit off in one scene, which confused me first but otherwise it was still a great episode.
Nov 28, 2020 2:56 PM

Feb 2014
Aghhh loved the episode! In the last scene when they looked and cared for each other...it was so romantic, hopefully i get the feeling that we will see more scenes like that. :3
Nov 28, 2020 5:06 PM

Oct 2020
This episode was great! Love the vibes the leads give for each other
Nov 28, 2020 5:40 PM

Jan 2020
Damuzen said:

The last hat scene was adorable (is it me or the BL vibes are more visible/shown here than in MDZS ?)

I haven't read the MDZS novel yet, but as far as I am aware (and have been told) TGCF has more fluff in general. It focuses more on the character interactions and relationship building compared to MXTX's past novels. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Nov 28, 2020 6:09 PM
Nov 2020
LadyYuina said:

I haven't read the MDZS novel yet, but as far as I am aware (and have been told) TGCF has more fluff in general. It focuses more on the character interactions and relationship building compared to MXTX's past novels. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I haven't read the MZDS novel, too, but I think TGCF novel is perfectly balanced. That balance seems to be a bit different in donghua, however. They give information very quickly but (thanks god) preserve the romantic interaction which is certainly critically important because it is the heart and soul of this story but I often wish there was more time to make sense of the plot, too. Just wish the episodes were longer so we could have both. Right now it feels a bit like we're going through Xie Lian's memories some years in the future, and he's very much in love and is picking the moments which impressed him most). Which is... also a legitimate point of view)
Nov 28, 2020 7:30 PM

Jun 2011
LaCrayCray said:
Its not you! I also feel that the BL vibes are much more apparent than in MDZS.

While I don't necessarily disagree with this (thus far), the romance between the main couple in MDZS begins much later in the story than it does in TGCF.

... so the verdict is still out on how much their relationship will be censored.

Anyway, another reasonably fun episode, even if I wouldn't exactly call it very polished. I especially enjoyed San Lang antagonizing Fu Yao and Nan Feng, and the fluffy moments between him and Xie Lian. I was glad to get a quick glimpse of my favorite character, too; I look forward to seeing more of her.
celestialoceanNov 28, 2020 7:35 PM
Nov 29, 2020 1:34 AM
Nov 2020
mizuharaaya said:
I rarely watch donghua/anime, did this bad lip sync often happens in other works?

Nah.
But I must clarify that donghua tends to have better lip sync than anime.
Nov 29, 2020 1:51 AM
Nov 2020
No one asked haoliners to make these scenes gayer than the novel but here they are stepping on eggshells to give us some good content.
I personally like donghua San Lang more than the manhua? All due respect to Starember's sexy San Lang with the crooked braid but Donghua San Lang feels more like a real teenager who's the head of a student council.
I love Nan Feng and Fu Yao's interactions so much 😭😭 I've never found them adorable but now I just want to pet Fu Yao. Finally, the arabian aesthetic they were going for when portraying the kingdoms, truly I wouldn't expect that in a Xianxia story.
Xenia_nNov 29, 2020 1:57 AM
Nov 29, 2020 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
Hongjing's blade colour has been fixed.

Nov 29, 2020 5:38 AM
Jul 2020
omg all the hualian moments are so sweet^^ not enough bl vibess thoughhhh

I was not expecting that old dude to turn into dust or wtvr that was; they were so calm about it.

Good Episode, really enjoyed it. The OP still gives me goosebumps I rewatched it twice.

The cliffhanger though -.- I guess that's gonna be a common trend....

Nov 29, 2020 8:06 AM
Nov 2020
Thanks the studio for give me more than what I has hoped for so far.. T^T I'm so thankful. They really didn't hold back.

I hope they keep those **specific** scenes in the future episodes too(may be in the 2nd or 3rd season?), but I might be hoping for too much, this is still a Chinese media after all.

Anyhow.. all the facial expressions of San Lang and all his words and actions basically scream 'I love you with all my being' allllll the time, and I'm pretty darn satisfied with that.
Nov 29, 2020 10:42 AM

Nov 2019
Wondering what the fuck is going on during prod & post for them to miss all those errors..

Nov 29, 2020 1:28 PM
Nov 2020
Glad the animation team was this quick to correct some animation errors.
Nov 29, 2020 1:44 PM

Feb 2011
I was so excited to see Beefleaf but also Xie Lian fixing San Lang's clothes was A+.
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 29, 2020 1:50 PM

Jul 2009
Xenia_n said:

I personally like donghua San Lang more than the manhua? All due respect to Starember's sexy San Lang with the crooked braid but Donghua San Lang feels more like a real teenager who's the head of a student council.

True! The manhua version comes off as super mature and badass (I mean he IS badass) but in the novel HC always came off as childish around XL, which is really well portrait in the donghua I think.
Nov 29, 2020 4:01 PM

Jun 2019
The art is good and the characters are entertaining, yet it doesn’t seem like the story is really going anywhere. There is the romance between the two leads, but I don’t know how much that will progress, given that it is from China.

Also, the reoccuring animations can be so sloppy at times. Like when they are walking in the desert and Lian constantly opens his mouth but never talks. I can’t believe nobody caught that in production.
Nov 29, 2020 4:26 PM
Nov 2020
La verdad, solo me hice una cuenta para apoyar a la obra y hacerle entender a los demás que no hay cuentas falsas, solo un montón de personas que comparten el mismo gusto y quieren que se haga conocida, nada más.
Nov 29, 2020 8:29 PM

Aug 2015
The plot is advancing at a good pace. All the lingering gazes with that swelling music between Xielian and Sanlang are killing me :')

However. The lines always had some dub sync issues but it was especially bad this episode. In addition to mouth movements not matching, this time Xielian straight up had lines that were voiced while another character was animated talking - so it looked like someone else was saying his dialogue with his voice.... He also had this walk cycle animation in the desert where his mouth would just open repeatedly while chatting with Sanlang.
Nov 30, 2020 12:05 AM
Nov 2013
Welp, the worst episode in terms of animations. Besides the two errors wrong lip-sync and sword's colour, many scenes have wacky movements, unnatural expressions, and unsmooth transitions between scenes. The direction of this ep suffers from the animations as the director trying to follow the reduced number of frames. I know this would happen eventually when I looked at the credit in ep 1, but hope for the best in important episodes then.

LMAO there are additional cringy scenes between HC and XL, I laughed the whole time but HC looks cute, and his eye movements were focused in those scenes, great addition and hints on his secret feelings.

Regarding the comparison between MDZS and TGCF, TGCF provides more on the romance lines so you can expect the romance will be more visible in the donghua. Actually, I think if you compare the two donghua and not their original sources, they have different intentions in directing the stories. MDZS purposely focuses on the actions and create a more adventure story, while TGCF doesn't. Cant say on TGCF yet but I feel they are trying to focus on the interactions between characters and stories, which is closer to original source than the MDZS donghua.
Nov 30, 2020 5:54 AM
Aug 2018
can any one tell me where i can read complete properly translated novel for 'Tian Guan Ci Fu'?
I'm in love with the Donghua
Its quite similar to MDZS and i was so much in love withb that too.I read MDZS on exiledrebelscans. But cant find this one there.
I did find a site but im not sure if its authentic.
plzz help me find the novel id be very grateful!!
Nov 30, 2020 6:24 AM

Aug 2010
Amyyy715 said:
can any one tell me where i can read complete properly translated novel for 'Tian Guan Ci Fu'?
I'm in love with the Donghua
Its quite similar to MDZS and i was so much in love withb that too.I read MDZS on exiledrebelscans. But cant find this one there.
I did find a site but im not sure if its authentic.
plzz help me find the novel id be very grateful!!

https://tgcfmxtx.carrd.co/ :)
Dec 1, 2020 9:04 AM
Mar 2011
ilalochezia said:

Did they? What did they correct? The stream that's on Funimation's site is still the same, like the red sword and XL's weird mouth flap. Maybe they've only fixed it on BiliBili?
Dec 3, 2020 5:27 PM

Jan 2020
lani-anela said:
ilalochezia said:

Did they? What did they correct? The stream that's on Funimation's site is still the same, like the red sword and XL's weird mouth flap. Maybe they've only fixed it on BiliBili?

The two things you mentioned, they did fix. The sword is no longer red and Xie Lian doesn't do the weird open and close mouthing for no reason - they are closed this time. I am only aware of it being reflected on Bilibili so far.
Dec 4, 2020 2:52 AM
Mar 2011
LadyYuina said:
lani-anela said:

The two things you mentioned, they did fix. The sword is no longer red and Xie Lian doesn't do the weird open and close mouthing for no reason - they are closed this time. I am only aware of it being reflected on Bilibili so far.

I just rechecked funimation and they now have the amended version up with the corrections.
Dec 4, 2020 3:14 AM
May 2020
I'm really glad to hear they did some corrections.
On Youtube it's still not fixed, but I was expecting that IF they fix it they would probably release the corrected version once the episode is not members-only anymore.
Good they actually did something. :)
Dec 4, 2020 10:32 PM

Jan 2016
The hat scene are so sweet! Those two are too much for my heart...... Im glad they fixed the lipsync error already on bilibili!
Dec 8, 2020 3:05 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I am loving this show. It's likely going to be my AOTY (not including sequels - that honour is going to Gochiusa Bloom for sure).

I just love the whole aesthetic and SL and XL are so cute together - that hat scene was great. We're definitely getting more BL vibes in this show than in MDZS and if I'm honest, I'm actually preferring this to MDZS - I think the story is less confusing.

I did notice the dubbing was off. It was a bit confusing at first but whatever. I saw that they fixed it but I guess I wasn't watching the updated version. It wasn't a big problem though.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Apr 15, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
A very climatic episode BUT...
What season is it?! In one scene we're shown falling autumn maple leaves, then characters arrive at the temple and everything is green, flowers are blooming. WTF. The setting is a giant mindf*ck. ◉⌓◉
Dec 14, 2021 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
"grab onto something solid!"
"i gotchu boss!"
"i didn't mean him...
"oops" -and just drops him back, wtf.

-sure you didn't mean him, lol,...
yet.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Dec 14, 2021 7:32 PM

Apr 2009

oh... i thought it was supposed to be red _XD
,guess i'm watching an older version of this then,
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 17, 2022 7:03 PM
Jan 2022
SO CUTE ygkDGfyrygflyrgfl84w5yre;4iwehfu4lf
Jan 21, 12:10 PM

Jan 2019
This show is a feast for the eyes but fuck me sideways is the plot incomprehensible.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 8 Discussion

Xealias - Dec 11, 2020

25 by Karva1 »»
Apr 9, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xealias - Oct 30, 2020

140 by Karva1 »»
Apr 6, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 11 Discussion

Xealias - Jan 1, 2021

31 by BladeRunnerAri »»
Feb 6, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 9 Discussion

livexevil - Dec 19, 2020

34 by ProudtobeMAD »»
Jan 26, 11:43 AM

» Anyone watch the Japanese version?

Mishiia - Jan 23

4 by Mishiia »»
Jan 24, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.