Forum Settings
Forums

[SPOILERS] Anime with an ending like Monster?

New
Nov 27, 2020 5:28 PM

Oct 2020
In all my years of watching anime I've never seen an ending such as Monster's, so any other anime that concludes like this?
Nov 27, 2020 7:09 PM

Sep 2020
To be quiet honest I don't really know, but maybe I just haven't watched enough anime so w/e, but I think your best bet is looking for psychological anime similar to Monster. One ending that does come to mind is Angels of Death since it's def an ending that isn't conclusive and you will probably have to come to your own conclusion on what you think of the ending

“𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕’𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’š π’Šπ’• π’Šπ’”. π‘ͺπ’‰π’‚π’π’ˆπ’† π’Šπ’” π’Šπ’π’†π’—π’Šπ’•π’‚π’ƒπ’π’†. 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇 π’“π’†π’”π’Šπ’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Šπ’•, π’šπ’π’–’𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅 π’”π’Šπ’Žπ’‘π’π’š π’ˆπ’π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‡π’π’π’˜.” – π‘Ίπ’‰π’–π’π’”π’–π’Š π‘²π’šπ’π’–π’“π’‚π’Œπ’–
Nov 27, 2020 7:50 PM

Nov 2013
Monster's ending is terrible open ending, why do you want more of that?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 27, 2020 8:32 PM

Sep 2020
DannyTheDonkey said:

Shhhh... OP tries to fit in with the MAL pseudo-intellectual crowd, leave him be. It's just a phase you know?

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Nov 27, 2020 8:37 PM

Nov 2019
DannyTheDonkey said:

I don't know man that "procedure" seemed pretty open and shut to me lol.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Nov 27, 2020 8:38 PM

Sep 2020
Futari_no_Ossan said:
DannyTheDonkey said:

Shhhh... OP tries to fit in with the MAL pseudo-intellectual crowd, leave him be. It's just a phase you know?

And I guess being sarcastic in forums will help you fit in and give you weeb clout, It works for me so I'm glad you're trying it.
Nov 27, 2020 8:41 PM

Sep 2020
AwokenStroken said:

And I guess being sarcastic in forums will help you fit in and give you weeb clout, It works for me so I'm glad you're trying it.

I don't think so, I'm clearly way below your level my weeb lord

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
Nov 27, 2020 8:47 PM

Oct 2013
What part of the ending are you talking about though? The part where he saves the life of the person the MC set of kill but ended up saving his life again? Or how the case about the villain came to a close and everything was cleared up? Or how Tenma's life changed so much that he wasn't going to go back to having a normal life anymore?

Tbh, you can relate all these scenarios to a lot of other anime but what boils down to is whether you liked it or not, don't take my word for it though, it's just an opinion :P
Nov 27, 2020 8:50 PM

Sep 2020
Futari_no_Ossan said:
AwokenStroken said:

I don't think so, I'm clearly way below your level my weeb lord

No need to be so humble my buddy, anyone with over 200 days of anime watched is clearly the real weeb lord.
Nov 27, 2020 9:37 PM

Sep 2020
AwokenStroken said:

No need to be so humble my buddy, anyone with over 200 days of anime watched is clearly the real weeb lord.

Then how'd we refer those with 1000+ anime on their belt? Weeb overlord? XD

Nov 28, 2020 2:54 AM

Jul 2013
maybe try

psycho pass

ranpo kitan game of Laplace

jormungand

witch hunter robin

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 28, 2020 4:58 PM

Oct 2020
BlazeMustang said:
What part of the ending are you talking about though? The part where he saves the life of the person the MC set of kill but ended up saving his life again? Or how the case about the villain came to a close and everything was cleared up? Or how Tenma's life changed so much that he wasn't going to go back to having a normal life anymore?

Tbh, you can relate all these scenarios to a lot of other anime but what boils down to is whether you liked it or not, don't take my word for it though, it's just an opinion :P

My favorite part is how the ending is with the window open and the bed empty, you don't know if he was hallucinating him or if he really escaped lol, I loved that ending
Nov 28, 2020 4:59 PM

Oct 2020
Futari_no_Ossan said:
DannyTheDonkey said:

Ooh mad lol, you could say that about so many people who like so many anime, the "psuedo-intelluctual crowd" you speak of hates Dragon Ball, so if I was trying to join them wouldn't I change my username?
Nov 28, 2020 5:00 PM

Oct 2020
DannyTheDonkey said:

More out of curiosity, most anime ends with "good guys win bad guys lose!" so to see Yohan escape possibly was very interesting, I was wondering if any other anime ended with this
Nov 28, 2020 6:25 PM

Sep 2020
DBZisUnderrated said:

Ooh mad lol, you could say that about so many people who like so many anime, the "psuedo-intelluctual crowd" you speak of hates Dragon Ball, so if I was trying to join them wouldn't I change my username?

*pseudo-intellectual not "psuedo" and yes please change your username to fit in. When in Rome... ya know?

Nov 28, 2020 7:04 PM

Oct 2020
Futari_no_Ossan said:
DBZisUnderrated said:

*pseudo-intellectual not "psuedo" and yes please change your username to fit in. When in Rome... ya know?

lmao

Anyways, no, I'm not trying to fit in with anyone, the majority of the people on this forum calls Dragon Ball Z poorly written.
Nov 28, 2020 7:22 PM

Sep 2020
DBZisUnderrated said:

lmao

Anyways, no, I'm not trying to fit in with anyone, the majority of the people on this forum calls Dragon Ball Z poorly written.

It IS poorly written if compared to Monster. However, it is also more enjoyable to watch than seeing an apathetic psychopathic sourpuss. Many series are trying to push the artistic boundaries in order to create something unique and some may work for people like me (Perfect Blue, Madoka) while others may not resonate as well despite being unique (Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Speed Grapher)

Many people are attached to DBZ due to their nostalgia which affects their ratings. I love DBZ too but if I look at it objectively, it is as generic and predictable as it can get, especially when Toei decided to bring it back from the dead with Super and drag it out even more. Same issue that Gintama and many other long running shounen series had: not knowing when to stop/end.

Nov 28, 2020 7:25 PM

Oct 2020
Futari_no_Ossan said:
DBZisUnderrated said:

lmao

It IS poorly written if compared to Monster. However, it is also more enjoyable to watch than seeing an apathetic psychopathic sourpuss. Many series are trying to push the artistic boundaries in order to create something unique and some may work for people like me (Perfect Blue, Madoka) while others may not resonate as well despite being unique (Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Speed Grapher)

Many people are attached to DBZ due to their nostalgia which affects their ratings. I love DBZ too but if I look at it objectively, it is as generic and predictable as it can get, especially when Toei decided to bring it back from the dead with Super and drag it out even more. Same issue that Gintama and many other long running shounen series had: not knowing when to stop/end.

I agree that if compared to Monster, DBZ looks worse, but the thing is DBZ is trying to tell a simple story while Monster is trying to tell a complex story. I also hate that Shonen go longer than they are supposed to and Toei is ruining Dragon Ball's reputation it's so sad
Nov 28, 2020 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
DBZisUnderrated said:
BlazeMustang said:

My favorite part is how the ending is with the window open and the bed empty, you don't know if he was hallucinating him or if he really escaped lol, I loved that ending

Yeah that part felt kinda 'ah shit here we go again' xD Nice point out though. Almost forgot about that scene. *thumbs up*

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 1 hour ago

11 by SwordBreaker36 »»
9 minutes ago

» The nicest chest you've seen on a male or female character

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

11 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

27 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

30 by PlasticRobot »»
30 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 5 hours ago

12 by Rhaelynne »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.