Forum Settings
Forums

At what age is it time to move on from anime?

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Post New Reply
Nov 29, 2020 2:56 AM
Salvio Hexia

Anime is entertainment. If it fails to do that exactly, entertain you any longer, then perhaps its time to take a break or move onto something else. There's no point to force yourself to do something you're not enjoying with your free time, we adults dont have enough of it as it is :<

“Be careful what you wish for.
I know that for a fact.
Wishes are brutal, unforgiving things.
They burn your tongue the
moment they're spoken
and you can never take them back.”

Nov 29, 2020 3:02 AM

Never. You‘re never too old to watch anime. Period.

Nov 29, 2020 3:13 AM
About the same time that you give up everything else that gives you enjoyment in life, I suppose.

Nov 29, 2020 10:40 AM

there's not a definitive time to "stop watching anime"

thats why theres so many different shows that appeal to different age groups (i.e. shoujo appeals to young teenage females, josei appeals to older women)

"𝘖𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶."

Nov 29, 2020 12:51 PM
Fable

No age where you have to move on, do it if you want.

Nov 29, 2020 12:54 PM

With anything in life, if you get tired of it move on and when it starts to ache again then come back theres honestly no limit.

Just don't make it an addiction and you'll be fine.

Dec 9, 2020 11:33 AM

It's like asking when you're supposed to stop listening to pop culture. Or read comics.

You believe that viewing anime is a hobby that would be outgrown. Since anime is an animation form generally associated with children and cartoons? But anime isn't all for youth. Everyone has everything and I mean everyone.

Dec 9, 2020 12:50 PM

Idk 25 maybe, IDK if I'll still be watching anime then.

Dec 9, 2020 2:17 PM
It's like baskeball or any team sport. You can play it a lot when you're younger cause you're in the good environment. Then you grow up and have other priorities/less time but it doesn't mean basketball is only meant for kids and you can still play it from time to time.

Although I agree there's only so much really good anime out there so you just wait for seasonal anime to finish and watch those who stood the test of time.

Dec 9, 2020 2:22 PM
I think there’s anime for every age, but if I had to say... probably 60. (If you’re over 60, don’t let this stop you. Continue watching whatever you like)

Dec 9, 2020 2:27 PM

I don't think age is that much of an issue. The moment you stop enjoying anime is the moment where you should stop watching it. For some people it is when they are 8 years old for others it might be 80.

Dec 9, 2020 2:30 PM

really interesting, I'd say there can alwais be some place for "easy" entertainment, but if you spend your life in fiction, wether that be "smart" fiction (maybe those books) or "easy" fiction (maybe those shonens), I don't think it's such a good thing. it depends on what you want to do and concentrate in life.

There's a place for everything, but I think that you can alwais find "good" animes like those you talked about, and surely, with time, it's harder to find them.
So don't close yourself entirely, maybe though forums and suggestions, or even with genre, maybe with mean scores, you can find new and good things, and I'm talking about these "good" animes you talked about, as someone who searches for them too.
though I do like to spend some times on "easy" animes too (especially comedy those times). One does not stop the other.

you can do what you want and maybe take a break, but I think it's a mistake to close yourself to animes as a whole, as, as I said, you can find new enjoyable things. Especially if your list is not complete, I can assure you you have quite a bit of "good" animes yet to watch. and in the future, new good animes will be made. Just wait for them and if you like them, go for it, if not, just take a break.
Modified by Zehennagel, Dec 9, 2020 2:33 PM

Dec 9, 2020 2:57 PM

I checked the list of shows we share and... you gave low scores to most of the deeper "mature" shows... Assuming this is not a bait thread, I think you should spend less time trying to be mature. A mature person doesn't have to constantly reaffirm how "mature" he is.

You would probably be a lot happier if you accepted what you like. You can also just quit watching anime if it makes you feel less "mature" and which is apparently really important for you.

But I honestly hope it's just bait. Your profile is confusing: you say you are too mature for anime yet you dislike thought-provoking shows and your views seem to be highly hypocritical and pretentious. If you get a kick out of it... well... enjoy, I guess...

Also, people who think that anime is for kids are the ones who have no idea what anime actually is.

Edit: I looked through your full anime list... Is cringe your favorite word? I'm kinda disgusted by what I've seen. If those are your actual opinions then you are probably a pretentious elitist. If you drop anime and leave this site, nothing will be lost. Get that stick out of your behind and try to enjoy life.
Modified by Artvisitor, Dec 9, 2020 3:08 PM

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]