Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2020 7:22 PM

Apr 2016
Tonikaku Kawaii is soo cute and wholesome. The romance + comedy combo really suits well here.

Usually when it comes to romance, we see all the way in to the protagonist (may) confess to girl he loves. Sometimes it may take 50, 100 or EVEN 200 chapters, and the confession lead to the end of the series. We have to be luckily if in the end, at least, have a goddammit kiss.

But Tonikawa drives it to a different way - the romance starts with a confession. The daily life of just married is shown in a very cute way that I haven't seen since "Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken". The great combo of comedy in this slice of life is what fulfill my fridays.

Comedy is subjective. I do love how comic scenes sometimes are non sense (iphone X) and some times are just cute with a lot of references. I would never expect to see Sharknado reference in an ANIME. It take me a couple of minutes to stop laughing, lol.

Nov 29, 2020 12:30 AM
Dec 2018
It's sad that Shonen genre has associated itself with young men shouting and fighting...
Nov 29, 2020 2:40 AM

Feb 2015
I'd love to know where the so called comedy is in this show is as I'm yet to see any.

My main issue with this show is that its a total cringe fest. Thier who relationship is a joke, they can even share a bed together without being embarrassed. In fact that's all this show is, embarrasment, blushing & and being cute.

Both lead character lack any form of personality. This is a major issue for any SOL show. Wotakoi is a far more mature and intesting take on a similar formula.

Nothing ever feels earned and everyone is just 'nice' . Even as a romance show it falls woefully short.
Nov 29, 2020 3:00 AM
Sep 2016
This show is like a SoL-CGDCT (like Gochiusa, Hitoribocchi, Love Live, etc) but with a married couple. It's doing perfectly fine for this kind of show since it's supposed to be funny, comfy and a kind of stress reliever. Of course it won't appeal to a shounen fanboy like you.
Nov 29, 2020 5:28 AM
Sep 2020
I was bored too after watching a few episodes but as I've continued to watch it, I begun to really like it.
red
Nov 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Feb 2018
rohan121 said:
gadboyz said:

Shonen =/= action. LOL

Do me a favor and name some shounen without action or a action driven narrative.

Act-Age
Bakuman
Runway de Waratte
Domestic Girlfriend
Rent-a-Girlfriend
We Never Learn
Nisekoi
To Love-Ru
Silver Spoon
Senryu Shojo
Komi-san Can't Communicate
Gotoubun no Hanayome
To Your Eternity
Hitman
Nov 30, 2020 6:10 AM
Nov 2020
Opticflash said:
I agree. The plot is nothing other than "oh look we went to the supermarket today" or "oh look we went to the jewelery store today".

Usually a slice of life is supplemented with comedy or drama, or goal that the characters focus on. There are also no emotional moments.

To those who haven't read the manga it might seem like you're right but you're actually wrong. This is a slice of life anime and you say that it's not "supplemented." You're not seeing that because the author is taking it really slowly, to reach the manga (it's at 135th chapter right now) it'll take at least 2 seasons I guess, and the manga's just getting started, even it has not revealed too much about the supernatural part, but it's elegantly hinting at it for a long time (that gives us a confirmation though it's not revealed properly). I'm just telling you that you're wrong if you think this is just a slice of life without any spice to it. There's a supernatural element, but the author is taking it really slow, probably because this is gonna be a very long series.
Nov 30, 2020 5:07 PM

Aug 2020
So you think the show is boring? You haven't seen enough shows to think you'll enjoy this. You've only seen one piece, HxH, and naruto. You're just watching action shounen. What makes you think you'll enjoy a slice of life anime? Just think before you post any bullshit comments.
Dec 1, 2020 12:09 AM

Aug 2018
Yes.We gonna deflect any criticism to the show by calling it a cute wholesome SOL.What were you expecting Mecha's throwing Spirit Bombs at each other?Pfft.You aren't mature enough to enjoy SOL.

Yes.Tonikaku Kawaii is a show which tilts Rom-com on it's head.Because you know the guys get married in episode 01.Such a revolutionary rom-com.

That's where my problem with the show begins.They get married to each other without even knowing each other well.It's even worse than your average Rom-com.Um,girls smell so good?Wow girls look so cute in pajamas.Wow she looks so cute and embarrassed while sleeping?And did I mention every 5 mins Nasa acknowledges how cute Tsukasa is."Tsukasa-chan wa Tonikaku Kawaiiiiiiiii"I'm so lucky to have such a cute wife.It's like an elementary schooler discovering love.

Tsukasa isn't even a character.She's just someone's pre-conception of ideal and perfect waifu.She could never do any wrong.You just can't hate her because you know she is Tonikaku Kawaiiiiiiiii.This is the kind of self-insert wish fulfilment anime that everyone hates.You put yourself in Nasa'a shoes and enjoy this joyful marriage.Atleast One Room is honest about what it does.

Every episode is the same thing.There's hardly any progression.SOL don't need progression but they know how to hook their viewers with minor conflicts and motives.In Tonikaku there's hardly anything to pull you in.It's the same thing every episode.

Their entire relationship feel so fabricated and artificial.Even hentai have better love stories.

And there's this whole marriage premise.
They literally explore nothing.Marriage has more to it than engagement rings and honeymoon.

The only thing that is interesting is the strong resemblance between Tsukasa and Kaguya-hime.We only get slight nods to it.But she don't even embodies what made Kaguya-hime great.
sonofbatmanrp13Dec 1, 2020 12:12 AM
Dec 8, 2020 12:23 PM

Mar 2017
Crashmatt said:
I'd love to know where the so called comedy is in this show is as I'm yet to see any.

My main issue with this show is that its a total cringe fest. Thier who relationship is a joke, they can even share a bed together without being embarrassed. In fact that's all this show is, embarrasment, blushing & and being cute.

Couldn't say it better. 100% agree. Cringe show, I don't even know why I'm rating it 6 atm.
Dec 8, 2020 12:32 PM

Mar 2017
filthyfrank8142 said:
So you think the show is boring? You haven't seen enough shows to think you'll enjoy this. You've only seen one piece, HxH, and naruto. You're just watching action shounen. What makes you think you'll enjoy a slice of life anime? Just think before you post any bullshit comments.

Who are you to say this bullshit comment? You watched only 79 anime lmao.
Dec 8, 2020 1:02 PM

Aug 2020
FpsArena said:
filthyfrank8142 said:

FpsArena said:
filthyfrank8142 said:

Bitch I have the right to speak acting like 79 anime is nothing you've seen 80-90 more anime than me. this guy has only watched 3 action shounen. I know what's good and what's bad.
Dec 8, 2020 1:09 PM

Mar 2017
filthyfrank8142 said:

Bitch I have the right to speak acting like 79 anime is nothing you've seen 80-90 more anime than me. this guy has only watched 3 action shounen. I know what's good and what's bad.

Yes that is not much difference, I'm not acting superior unlike you to the other guy! Indeed, I think I haven't watched many anime yet!
You know what is good for your tastes, everyone can have different opinions on any show.
If you think that number of anime means knowing what is good and bad for everyone, then I could say I have watched more anime than you and I find Tonikaku a cringe fest, boring and bad show and your opinion would matter less than mine.
You are eighteen bro, try to grow up.
FpsArenaDec 8, 2020 1:14 PM
Dec 8, 2020 1:17 PM

Aug 2020
FpsArena said:
filthyfrank8142 said:

Yes that is not much difference, I'm not acting superior unlike you to the other guy! Indeed, I think I haven't watched many anime yet!
You know what is good for your tastes, everyone can have different opinions on any show.
If you think that number of anime means knowing what is good and bad for everyone, then I could say I have watched more anime than you and I find it a cringe fest and boring show and your opinion would matter less than mine.

Tbh I wasn't acting superior just saying that he's not going to able to enjoy this anime because he's not familiar with the genre. It's like someone says an anime that you like is shit but you don't see why they think it's shit. Yeah even though everyone has their own opinion they shouldn't shove it to other people's faces and make a post about it.
Dec 8, 2020 8:44 PM

Mar 2019
If you find this boring... you are just boring.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 8, 2020 9:19 PM

Oct 2014
If people find this cringy then I dunno what they'd think of other romance anime, trash like RikeiKoi or Rent a gf could probably kill them.
Dec 9, 2020 11:06 PM

Aug 2018
Samt_ said:
If people find this cringy then I dunno what they'd think of other romance anime, trash like RikeiKoi or Rent a gf could probably kill them.

It's not necessarily cringey, it's just lacking in developmental aspects. For example the plot, based on the first episode, is extremely unbelievable. The guy fell in "love" with a girl he randomly saw, and this girl somehow knew his location after a few years timeskip without any explanation whatsoever or any hint at one. This is just bad writing. Due to this bad writing, the reason for their "love" is extremely superficial. Furthermore, the story doesn't progress their relationship in any way; every episode is about the couple doing mundane things such as shopping. Of the few moments where their love is emphasized, e.g. the buying-a-ring episode, such moments are depreciated because of how unrealistic the plot setup was in the first place. There's no emotion associated with the anime that you'd normally expect from a rom-com, of course unless just seeing any couple, regardless of any developmental aspect, is enough for you to experience butterflies in your stomach.

Rent-A-Girlfriend is a far superior rom-com for several reasons. It has a plot that progresses for one. We slowly see how the relationships between the characters change and why, so that the viewer can slowly build up the butterfly feeling with each episode. Furthermore, it's a drama-driven story aimed to instill some emotion in the viewer, primarily fearful anticipation for the characters, akin to how a horror instills fear in the viewer, or how a comedy is designed to make the viewer laugh.
Dec 9, 2020 11:23 PM
Feb 2020
Opticflash said:
Samt_ said:

It's not necessarily cringey, it's just lacking in developmental aspects. For example the plot, based on the first episode, is extremely unbelievable. The guy fell in "love" with a girl he randomly saw, and this girl somehow knew his location after a few years timeskip without any explanation whatsoever or any hint at one. This is just bad writing. Due to this bad writing, the reason for their "love" is extremely superficial. Furthermore, the story doesn't progress their relationship in any way; every episode is about the couple doing mundane things such as shopping. Of the few moments where their love is emphasized, e.g. the buying-a-ring episode, such moments are depreciated because of how unrealistic the plot setup was in the first place. There's no emotion associated with the anime that you'd normally expect from a rom-com, of course unless just seeing any couple, regardless of any developmental aspect, is enough for you to experience butterflies in your stomach.

Rent-A-Girlfriend is a far superior rom-com for several reasons. It has a plot that progresses for one. We slowly see how the relationships between the characters change and why, so that the viewer can slowly build up the butterfly feeling with each episode. Furthermore, it's a drama-driven story aimed to instill some emotion in the viewer, primarily fearful anticipation for the characters, akin to how a horror instills fear in the viewer, or how a comedy is designed to make the viewer laugh.
Rent A Girlfriend and plot progression, now you don't see these two terms used together
Dec 9, 2020 11:30 PM

Aug 2018
FrozenLava said:
Opticflash said:

Rent A Girlfriend and plot progression, now you don't see these two terms used together

The character relationships slowly build up and we understand why. The viewer is able to tag along for an emotional journey since the story gradually shifts towards one by design.
Dec 9, 2020 11:35 PM
Feb 2020
Opticflash said:
FrozenLava said:

The character relationships slowly build up and we understand why. The viewer is able to tag along for an emotional journey since the story gradually shifts towards one by design.
I've read the manga, everytime a new arcs starts , it feels like finally Mc will change a bit, and relation between Mc and main girl will progress, it does bubthem again in the next chapter, it takes few steps back. The only reason who I'm still sticking to this series is because atleast the guy is self aware he's trash unlike miami characters from harem with no personality at all. Atleast Kazuya has a personality, doesn't matters even it's shitty one
Dec 10, 2020 2:44 AM

Oct 2014
Opticflash said:

Dec 11, 2020 4:35 AM
Sep 2020
Is it wrong if I find it irritating that people debate or judge whether this is a good or bad anime by clashing their own preferences and comparing it to other romcom anime that have a different concept to this?

We all have our own personal tastes and reasonings but its intentions is to be just generally cute and relaxing. I don't get why some would expect struggles, dramatic tones, or a very progressive and very developing romcom story when "Tonikaku Kawaii" just wants to be "Tonikaku Kawaii" and it's named like that for a reason. Whatever kind of plot it will have, it's just gonna be portrayed simply in a cute way while giving lessons related to relationships and marriage to the youth.

If you're one of those people who would watch this thinking it's gonna have struggles, dramas, and a very progressive storyline, this ain't for you. The anime is just gonna be generally cute no matter what along with having the usual get-to-know-each-other story from a romcom and the intention of just being a relaxer, happy pill, and a love shiver and wholesome-feel generator.
Dec 11, 2020 4:45 AM

Dec 2019
I have not even laughed with any joke.
Dec 11, 2020 4:59 AM

May 2020
Yea it's kinda boring but it's still cute af
Dec 11, 2020 9:42 AM
Oct 2016
Hilarious to me how people always complain about not enough anime with couples being together other than the last episode then you finally get a wholesome married couple and call it boring. Such hypocrisy. Y'all don't deserve this wholesomeness. This show is great you cynical asshats
Dec 11, 2020 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
Meatheads be like
Dec 11, 2020 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
Samt_ said:

Kanokari is ass, so yea. Rikekoi is really good and is a refreshing tale of mature romance with two grad students
Dec 11, 2020 9:45 AM
Oct 2016
Crashmatt said:

Both lead character lack any form of personality. This is a major issue for any SOL show. Wotakoi is a far more mature and intesting take on a similar formula.

Nothing ever feels earned and everyone is just 'nice' . Even as a romance show it falls woefully short.

You're absolutely ridiculous. Get over yourself and enjoy some wholesome romance. Stop getting in your own way. Tsukasa and Nasa have plenty of personality just cause you don't see it something doesn't mean its not there. Go back and watch again
Dec 11, 2020 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
Dukino said:
Crashmatt said:

You're absolutely ridiculous. Get over yourself and enjoy some wholesome romance. Stop getting in your own way. Tsukasa and Nasa have plenty of personality just cause you don't see it something doesn't mean its not there. Go back and watch again

My morning cereal it 'wholesome but I expect more from anime.

Its like playschool my first romance.
Dec 11, 2020 12:01 PM
Nov 2017
derflorian said:
veryfriendlyman said:

Exactly this show is the definition of bad storyline

It is a series about a married couple living a normal live, what do you expect lol
Lelouch_Kansaki said:
This anime is not suit your taste , my friend. Go & watch something else.

Well this show will put off a lot of people bc if u really try to watch it then u can’t help but feel it will end terribly. This girl has been 16 for a very long time so can u even marry a girl who never ages. They haven’t said who she is yet but she even starts talking about things from 1,300 years ago. I just hope she’s able to not be immortal anymore and can grow old or she can share her gift, if not then this will end up being incredibly sad
Dec 11, 2020 2:21 PM
Oct 2016
Crashmatt said:
Dukino said:

My morning cereal it 'wholesome but I expect more from anime.

Its like playschool my first romance.

get a clue dude. not everyone is as cynical as you are, this kind of commentary is sad. its wholesome goodness enjoy it
Dec 11, 2020 4:19 PM

Jun 2020
Just dropped it, I also find it boring because of its no plot but I think it was good.
Dec 11, 2020 7:47 PM

Feb 2011
Okay, go watch tokyo ghoul or something. This show isnt for you.

See ya.

Dec 12, 2020 3:06 AM

Aug 2019
I honestly don’t understand the point of these forums, just accept it isn’t your taste and drop the show without making a useless thread that just evokes salt and toxicity.
Dec 12, 2020 8:54 AM

Jun 2019
Seriously? What are you expecting from a sweet normal romcom?
Dec 12, 2020 9:14 AM
Oct 2019
Simple, people have different taste... Same as eating food...
Dec 12, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I just hope she’s able to not be immortal anymore and can grow old or she can share her gift, if not then this will end up being incredibly sad

You think this manga is going to show Nasa's dying? No. Anime even less likely, because it ends in 1 episode and Hayate no Gotoku manga wasn't completely animated, so this probably also won't. HnG did jump in to the future at the end, but not as far. She probably wanted finally trying being married. She has already seen lots of people dying anyway.

I agree that, as you become older, you get tired of shouting, overly energetic and overly enthusiastic shounen protagonists.

This show is not for everyone.
Dec 12, 2020 1:57 PM

Nov 2019
What were people expecting from this show? The synopsis is literally about the daily life of a married couple and that’s what you got. “I was expecting something different and didn’t get it. Therefore this show is bad” is literally the worst argument I’ve seen.
Dec 13, 2020 2:31 AM

Aug 2018
Samt_ said:
Opticflash said:

OpticflashDec 13, 2020 2:38 AM
Dec 13, 2020 8:29 AM
Jul 2019
I agree with your opinion, this show is really nothing too outstanding to be appreciated
Dec 13, 2020 12:47 PM
Dec 2020
If you say this is boring then just go and watch another anime i love this anime the story is so good it's đź’“ touching anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

225 by ShinigamiReichi »»
Apr 16, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

250 by RioAl »»
Apr 2, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.