Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2020 11:11 PM

Nov 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, THAT WAS A HEAVY CHAPTER. What was that eye?, what was Aechmea's goal by taking it?, what will happen to the gems? why does it always end in a cliffhanger ;-;

Nov 25, 2020 1:53 AM

Feb 2018
It's nice to be back, a month without a chapter felt empty.
As it was expected things weren't going to go the way Phos wanted it that easily, they gonna have to suffer just a bit more.
Damn those double spread pages were beautiful I could almost hear the background music playing in my head while reading.
Nov 25, 2020 2:34 AM

Mar 2020
Adamant broke in the saddest way possible and it seems the eye was the key all along. Aechema bought enough time to take the gems(even padpa and sensei) and got phos to put the eye on two birds with one stone! He wants phos to get so desperate and pray them away. I cant wait another month I need the next chapter now!
Nov 25, 2020 2:53 AM

Jan 2019
The setup at the end of the chapter with all of the gems being taken, seems to be to get Phos to pray, but I can't help but think that they will find something worse to do to Aechema, like let everyone but him move on.
Nov 25, 2020 7:22 AM

May 2020
Zeryphalix said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, THAT WAS A HEAVY CHAPTER. What was that eye?, what was Aechmea's goal by taking it?, what will happen to the gems? why does it always end in a cliffhanger ;-;
It was always like that. Every chapter born more questions than answers. Also RIP big rocky daddy.
Nov 25, 2020 7:25 AM

Nov 2019
Kotopec1337 said:
Zeryphalix said:
It was always like that. Every chapter born more questions than answers. Also RIP big rocky daddy.
Yeah now that you think about it lol. It's probably because I came late... The time I read Houseki no kuni was the time where it already had 93 chapters (of course I started from chapter 1 even after watching the anime)

Nov 25, 2020 7:45 AM

May 2020
Zeryphalix said:
Kotopec1337 said:
Yeah now that you think about it lol. It's probably because I came late... The time I read Houseki no kuni was the time where it already had 93 chapters (of course I started from chapter 1 even after watching the anime)
Same bro. I started it like a month ago. But when you reading it you just can't stop like "What's next what's next I am curious". So now I feel sorry for those who's been waiting every 94 chapter monthly.
Nov 25, 2020 10:05 AM

May 2014
WTF??!!
This is the end?
Everyone gets killed and Phoes is the only one left? Wtf.
This is just so sad, he sacreficed everything so that they can live in peace and at the end everyone dies?
Nov 25, 2020 10:52 AM
May 2016
God this series is a masterpiece.
Nov 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Jun 2020
bro wtf this is becoming such a tragedy.. this manga makes me so sad :(
Nov 25, 2020 8:07 PM
Dec 2019
Nooo! She doesnt win ps5
Nov 26, 2020 12:02 AM

Nov 2019
Ilvirgilio said:
Nooo! She doesnt win ps5
Press F for ichikawa :<

Nov 26, 2020 8:06 PM
Mar 2015
Hard to bring them back when you killed them all Moon guy just wants masters eye
Nov 26, 2020 9:26 PM
May 2020
phos deserves to be happy
Nov 30, 2020 6:27 PM

Jul 2020
Why the impotence of the eye? Some budhist lore to maybe know something?
Dec 3, 2020 11:30 AM
Jun 2020
"Sensei's eye is actually a great Buddhist jewel called Hoju no Tama, which symbolizes vast knowledge and maturity, peace of mind as well as great power. Basically the story revolves around this jewel as it will decide how it will all end, or that is, Phos.
Phos will probably receive all of Sensei's memories, making her understand the world as much as the past (which probably in the next chapters should portray what happened in the past) for example, this meteor shower was a memory of Sensei that Phos received , she must receive some 15 thousand years of knowledge is Sensei's memories, will she remember herself by Sensei's memories?" That was a comment I saw and I think it makes a lot of sense.
Dec 7, 2020 10:22 AM
Oct 2020
DJ2 said:
"Sensei's eye is actually a great Buddhist jewel called Hoju no Tama, which symbolizes vast knowledge and maturity, peace of mind as well as great power. Basically the story revolves around this jewel as it will decide how it will all end, or that is, Phos.
Phos will probably receive all of Sensei's memories, making her understand the world as much as the past (which probably in the next chapters should portray what happened in the past) for example, this meteor shower was a memory of Sensei that Phos received , she must receive some 15 thousand years of knowledge is Sensei's memories, will she remember herself by Sensei's memories?" That was a comment I saw and I think it makes a lot of sense.
Wooow I hope so! Thats a really interesting bit of lore that I'm dying to know
Dec 7, 2020 2:51 PM

Jul 2010
How did Aechmea show so fast there when pos destroyed sensei?

And on 10th does he want to attack Phos?
19th page - where Lunarians are with those destroyed gems? Is it on moon or they went up to the earth with them?
The city on 20th page - is it the one from Adamant memory?

Nice chapter overall, it reminded me about Texhnolyze ending in certain sense xD

Dec 7, 2020 4:42 PM

Mar 2020
Parkiet said:

19th page - where Lunarians are with those destroyed gems? Is it on moon or they went up to the earth with them?

Nice chapter overall, it reminded me about Texhnolyze ending in certain sense xD

if you remember at the end of ch89 he went to earth so by the time phos broke everyone he had arrived.
-Its probably to waste time to gather the other gems and make sure phos puts the eye on.
-Yes.
-Yes.
Dec 7, 2020 11:52 PM

Jul 2010
Ningen_Slayer said:
Parkiet said:

if you remember at the end of ch89 he went to earth so by the time phos broke everyone he had arrived.
-Its probably to waste time to gather the other gems and make sure phos puts the eye on.
-Yes.
-Yes.

To be honest I forgot he went to earth xD Now I checked it and yea, you are right. I wonder why he went there, just to check what's going on with Phos and Adamant?
Ok, so by that what you wrote Phos hasn't seen those lunarians with broken gems yet. So is this to force him to pray?
Dec 8, 2020 1:37 AM

Mar 2020
Yep that and to take the other gems away so that they dont influence phos and to make him desperate enough to pray for them without thinking.
Phos probably deduced that they have taken everyone from the way the manga showed him looking at the sky and saying "they're all gone" followed by a panel of what really happened. At least, thats how I understood it
Dec 9, 2020 12:42 AM

Jul 2010
Thanks for explanation, I think we will know better in next chapters
Waiting month is pain, though ;-;
Dec 10, 2020 10:08 PM
Jan 2020
GOD I’ve been wanting to catch up to the manga for a while now after watching the show and finally decided to start it 3 days ago and I am a MESS now that I’ve caught up. I just want Phos to catch a break this is getting so sad :(
Dec 14, 2020 6:53 PM

Nov 2019
I was crying, literally screaming although nothing to do on the scenarios which I've witnessed, somebody had to sacrifice themselves in order for Phos to wish happiness. I felt myself crumbling as Phos took Adamant's eyes- all in one chapter.
Dec 17, 2020 4:26 PM
Sep 2018
This feels like Phos will be the only one at the end reminding and everyone else will cease to exist and it might be a cycle just like how sensei ended up.
Dec 19, 2020 5:18 AM

Jan 2016
That ice crater thing is giving me strong "human instrumentality project" vibes... Things might get weird from here.
Dec 23, 2020 7:47 PM

May 2018
Adamant's demise has left me totally devastated.

I'm hoping that thousands of years flowing into Phos' mind breaks him so that Aechmea can't get what he wants. He played Phos like a piano, so he should be made to continue existing on the moon.

Phos has turning into someone and something totally unrecognizable because of Aechmea.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 107 Discussion

Snovia - Mar 24

33 by Mugglus »»
Apr 22, 1:12 AM

» "Land of the Lustrous" (Houseki no Kuni) manga by Haruko Ichikawa will be COMPLETED NEXT MONTH

deg - Mar 19

30 by Atsunome »»
Apr 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

4 by CritiCold »»
Apr 2, 11:02 AM

» Theory of Phos being the tower of seven treasures

_YukiNoHana_ - Mar 27

4 by _YukiNoHana_ »»
Mar 29, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2014

4 by cyandaqil »»
Mar 26, 7:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.