Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2020 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was fine, with the bits of witty humor. I can't stand that king though.

Anyways yeah, all these characters present are chosen to protect their world's future. A bit of a slow episode but I'm ready for a new arc soon.
Nov 24, 2020 4:01 AM
Sep 2015
Despite no action or fighting, this is a very nice episode. Leopold is so cute! I wanna timeskip to see him as adult already! But I also prefer him to stay childish.
Nov 24, 2020 4:24 AM

Jan 2014
You can understand Leopold. After all, he wants to make not only his squad proud, but his bro too. Be a leader that everyone can be inspired by. God he's such a good character.
Nov 24, 2020 4:26 AM

Sep 2019
Fuhha deserved the promotion.
Nov 24, 2020 4:56 AM

Oct 2017
Lol I forgot that there was a stars system.
Nov 24, 2020 5:02 AM

Jan 2011
Wizard King Sekke is the real endgame.
Nov 24, 2020 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
like pirate king buggy
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Nov 24, 2020 5:48 AM

Jul 2017
The various Magic Knights Captains' meeting with King Julius in due time for their members' evaluation for more training and eventual fight against the Spade and Heart Kingdoms (once Episode 155 rolls around in 2 weeks to the continuation of the manga adaptation).

MegamiRem said:
Lol I forgot that there was a stars system.
Well, can't blame each of us since that is forgotten by at least the first 10 episodes.

The long overdue promotion of the "Stars" awards and ranks. this rewards system is left to dust from the get-go, and to bring it back for a small tidbit of nostalgia. Leopold though, his declination of the award though improbable and understandable, yet still has a reputation to live up to.

No surprise for Yuno being one level under Captain. But for the atrocious King, his one and only spot is for Sekke, and to level together with Yuno to secure his "nobles before peasant" thinking, he has a lot to live under as the useless right-hand man of everyone's disapproval.

Would've loved the entire Black Bulls to receive the recognition altogether, but Captain Yami being the sole representative, that's fine by me.

Magna though, never I'd thought to see character development like this, but it's actually great that he's keeping pace with the rest who's going to the Heart Kingdom.

ReaperCreeper said:
Would be hilarious if this happened. BAH-HA!

One more filler episode left to go, and back on course VERY SOON!
Nov 24, 2020 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
Sekke was very lucky, the battle is close to the spade realm I am very looking forward to the next episode.

Nov 24, 2020 7:05 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was very nice
Man, didn't expect Yuno to jump that far but its Yuno in the end
Really excited for the next episode coz we get to see Yuno in action again!
Nov 24, 2020 7:55 AM
Jul 2020
Pls Tabata make sekke canonically 1st class senior magic knight
Nagisa Hentai is lit as Fuck!
Nov 24, 2020 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
Yuno getting promoted to a rank below a captain is no surprise and Asta not getting recognition is understandable with the whole magic parliament thing.

Nov 24, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
Lmaoo sekke is the real wizard king endgame.

Pretty cool episode even though there was no action. Could really feel the pain in Magna’s voice at the thought of getting left behind.

Can’t wait to see Langris and Yuno training.
Nov 24, 2020 8:48 AM

Oct 2019
Man, Leopold really made me have the feels for him. But then his bro steps in to set him back on track, very nice.
I cannot wait for the training sessions to begin to see what each character will undergo as well.
ReaperCreeper said:

Honestly tho, before his promotion I was thinking maybe he could develop his abilities little more. I know his role is just gag character and someone who doesn't like asta but I feel he can still help in the future if he could get strong.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Nov 24, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
Manga readers will know that

Well, that explains how Yuno got to that position during the timeskip. Next episode will focus on him and Langris, cannot wait how Langris will react after seeing Yuno reaching to his rank.

Gotta love Leopold for being so humble even after being recognized.

ReaperCreeper said:
Cannot wait for Sekke to solo the whole Spade Kingdom.
Nov 24, 2020 9:31 AM
Aug 2018
Really? More filler? it’s getting pretty annoying now
Nov 24, 2020 10:39 AM
Apr 2020
I really did not expect the increase in rank of Sekke jsjs, it was unexpected, I have to admit that it seemed a bit "unfair" that Asta was not promoted to a higher rank but it is understandable by all that happened (/▽\) I can't wait to see everyone in training .

Nov 24, 2020 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
Damn I forgot they had this ranking system lol. Though I still don't understand or remember how it even works.

I don't want to be cliche, but Asta didn't get promoted as much or even more as Yuno? I have a feeling it was something about the trial he has that he can't be promoted, but I feel he did as much, or even more than what Yuno did. I as hoping that the last medal was reserved for Asta who was going to come in late, but it was nice to see that Yami was able to get some recognition.
Nov 24, 2020 11:28 AM

Mar 2020
The choice of who would go to the Heart kingdom was really important, so I didn't expect 2 captains to go along.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 24, 2020 3:22 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bullshit, how come Asta get nothing, what the actually hell was that? Was everyone blind the whole time?
Also, Magna, the plot is trying to nerf him while we're watching, the true underdog of the series.
Nov 24, 2020 3:24 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Illyricus said:

Well, that explains how Yuno got to that position during the timeskip. Next episode will focus on him and Langris, cannot wait how Langris will react after seeing Yuno reaching to his rank.

Gotta love Leopold for being so humble even after being recognized.

ReaperCreeper said:
Cannot wait for Sekke to solo the whole Spade Kingdom.

Also, as a Manga reader, I found Langriss's facial expression to contradict what was going on in the latest chapter.
Nov 24, 2020 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
Sekke becoming 1st class senior magic knight. xD
I mean this episode is technically canon so I can't wait for in manga reveal of this. xD

but I honestly expected him getting some BS rank like "1st class senior king's guardian magic knight". xD

but in sincerity, I hope for Sekke the best and wish he generally will train hard and be stronger next time we will see him. :)

KANLen09 said:

One more filler episode left to go, and back on course VERY SOON!

I dunno, it seems that we still have a few months of canon fillers especially that some time ago director of BC announced that new canon filler arc will be focused about training in Heart Kingdom.

Illyricus said:

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 24, 2020 4:32 PM

Aug 2019
Another filler episode but still funny.
Nov 24, 2020 4:44 PM
Mar 2020
Look man, I don't care what anyone says. Yuno's character is boring and annoying at this point. I get that he's supposed to be mr. cool guy, but to not even mention Asta's name at the ceremony...not even once? Its mad disrespectful and he's a snake for that one idgaf. Disrespecting my boy Asta like that, Im pissed. Thanks for coming to my TED talk
Nov 24, 2020 5:23 PM
Jun 2017
hahahha.... zekke just promoted out of nowhere...

love that promotion episode, and Yuno is now on level with Langris... for sure Langris will not be happy about it that a 2nd year knight is on his level already...

and those black bulls (especially Asta, Noelle, Luck etc)deserve some recognition if not for those POLITICS and issue with their team...
Nov 24, 2020 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
After such a long time you can easily forget about the star system, but it's still nice to see the presence of all the captains. The promotions are definitely justified. It's also no wonder to me that Yuno got such a high rank. He was one the key characters for the victory against that devil.

It's sad that Asta and Nero both couldn't be there. I hope with the upcoming fight they get the prove that they're not as evil as people think to avoid the trial.

I got some good laughs, but I guess the biggest joke was by far when Sekke got the same rank as Yuno just because the king is the most annoying person in the whole series.

I'm so excited to see the other spirit guardians and hopefully some of the training. I like the fact that also Charlotte and Rill will be part of the training group.

Seems like Yuno will train with Langris? Not bad.

Nov 24, 2020 7:40 PM

Oct 2008
bwahahaha! funniest part was Sekke! Buh-ha!
5/5.

Nov 24, 2020 8:17 PM
Apr 2020
Whoa! Yuno was promoted to 1st Class Senior Magic Knights, same rank as Langris. It looks like Langris will challenge Yuno and they will battle for the Vice Captain position!!!

For you to climb the ranks, stick to influential people. Just like what Bah ha did. LMAO

Captains Charlotte and Rill, Asta, Noelle, Nero, Magna, Luck, Leo and Mimosa are heading to Heart Kingdom to train. I hope Charmy will join too! Rill x Charmy all the way. lol

Nov 24, 2020 8:38 PM
Apr 2020
kz-dono said:
Look man, I don't care what anyone says. Yuno's character is boring and annoying at this point. I get that he's supposed to be mr. cool guy, but to not even mention Asta's name at the ceremony...not even once? Its mad disrespectful and he's a snake for that one idgaf. Disrespecting my boy Asta like that, Im pissed. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Yuno is not boring. You can't invalidate his struggles just because you didn't see him doing something. He's as hardworking as Asta, it was stated a lot of times in the previous episodes. Even Asta will surely be happy about Yuno's achievements and vice versa. Yuno needs more screen time for viewers to understand his character clearly.

Did you watch and understand the episode? It was explicitly stated there that the Black Bulls will also be promoted if there is no ongoing magic parliament trial. Doing so will just creat more chaos in the Clover Kingdom. That's why, for now, a medal was awarded to Captain Yami to honir his squads contributions. They will surely be promoted once things about demons will be settled.
Nov 24, 2020 10:44 PM
Jan 2013
Ao_Blue said:
kz-dono said:

Yuno is not boring. You can't invalidate his struggles just because you didn't see him doing something. He's as hardworking as Asta, it was stated a lot of times in the previous episodes. Even Asta will surely be happy about Yuno's achievements and vice versa. Yuno needs more screen time for viewers to understand his character clearly.

Did you watch and understand the episode? It was explicitly stated there that the Black Bulls will also be promoted if there is no ongoing magic parliament trial. Doing so will just creat more chaos in the Clover Kingdom. That's why, for now, a medal was awarded to Captain Yami to honir his squads contributions. They will surely be promoted once things about demons will be settled.

Lol NO, Yuno as hardworking as Asta? hahahha

Nov 24, 2020 10:48 PM
Apr 2020
xeco said:
Ao_Blue said:

Lol NO, Yuno as hardworking as Asta? hahahha

LOL YES! Again, it was stated in the anime plenty of times! Educate yourself by rewatching the previous episodes. That's why I said Yuno needs more screen time coz watchers like you don't understand his character. I rest my case.
Nov 25, 2020 12:41 AM

Jun 2014
Lmao the king is so petty for promoting Sekke to that rank like that just because Yuno, a peasant, got promoted to that rank.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 25, 2020 4:29 AM

Feb 2013
z00nex said:
Fuhha deserved the promotion.

Lol, of course he did!
He saved the life of that useless king.
Nov 25, 2020 4:54 AM
Jun 2020
all hail dark lord sekke
Nov 25, 2020 9:59 AM

Jun 2015
I love the painting guy and his obsession with transformed sheep cooking girl. If anything, I understand his motives as I also want to see that transformation again!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 25, 2020 11:59 AM
Jul 2019
So, Yuno won't be participating in the battle in the Spade kingdom, so why????

Then again he was promoted as a 1st class magical knight , who is a par with the Golden dawn's vice captain, will it possible that Yuno could form his own group of magical knights ?????
Nov 25, 2020 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
Nieznajomy43 said:

Nov 26, 2020 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
Damn Yuno 🤯 But yeah it makes sense so congrats.

And congrats to Sekke too I guess...? xD
Nov 26, 2020 4:49 AM

Mar 2016
Sekke just🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that was HILARIOUS! It's good to see my man Magna run to catch upto Luck.
Nov 28, 2020 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
The best moment for me was watching Mimosa get the award.
I’m so proud of her accomplishments. She chose to join the Golden Dawn to not rely on the Vermillion influence in the Crimson Lions. Also, her healing magic, flower GPS, and plant attacks are still useful as a support mage.

Leopold was modest.
It’s hilarious if Sekke gets promoted further than a rank below captain. He just happened to be there when the King needed a rescue.
Yuno is a bit boring because he doesn’t talk much or react much. He is really introverted. But he has tremendous wind magic thanks to a four leaf grimoire. I think the reference is to his introvertism.Yuno is still ranked highly on Black Clover popularity polls along with Asta and Yami though. The director wants plenty of screen time for Black Bull characters. But Golden Dawn members have some screen time.
removed-userNov 29, 2020 6:21 PM
Nov 29, 2020 3:57 PM
Oct 2015
Ao_Blue said:
kz-dono said:

Yuno has the personality of a desk. How can some oaf like that be a leader of a squad.
Dec 1, 2020 1:50 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty bad episode, I hope the next one is better.
Dec 1, 2020 2:23 PM
Apr 2020
Easty said:
Really? More filler? it’s getting pretty annoying now

... If you don't like the "filler" stop watching it... Also it's not filler, it's canon but exclusive to the anime. The last few episodes have been very enjoyable, with 153 being really funny and 151 and 154 having very good fights+animation.
Dec 1, 2020 2:26 PM
Apr 2020
Karmafan56 said:
Ao_Blue said:

Yuno has the personality of a desk. How can some oaf like that be a leader of a squad.

Yuno may not be super energetic and loud, but not expressing yourself doesn't necessarily make you 'bland'. Also that one scene where he commanded the magic knights during the elf arc is more than enough proof to show that he is capable of leadership. Vangeance also doesn't have much of a super spunky personality and he's a very good leader.
Dec 8, 2020 8:46 PM
Mar 2019
Asta never getting any recognition at all is getting so annoying.
Dec 9, 2020 10:28 PM
Dec 2020
Yumi should of said something tho I get it they can't give asta a award or recognize him but damn he was the one who killed the devil and fought and beat most the midnight sun this episode pissed me off
Dec 13, 2020 8:32 PM

Apr 2019
Bro is all the f*cking series going to be asta not getting any recognition even when he does the same or even more than yuno? Its getting pretty f*cking annoying tbh
Dec 24, 2020 7:26 PM

Aug 2015
Great to see everyone getting recognition for their hard work. Lmao, even Sekke got promoted. Can't wait until he becomes the wizard king. LOL

Sad that Asta didn't get the recognition he deserves :'(
Jan 4, 2021 3:46 AM
May 2019
Asta getting robbed of his recognition because of the trail made me really sad. He is owed atleast that much. Everyone in that room except the king knows that he deserves it. Happy for other people who got the medals tho.
Jan 20, 2021 12:59 PM

Mar 2019
I love these meetings and the "stars" distribution event. Poor Asta though, he did the most in that word demon arc. Would have been nice to at least mention his name, even if he couldn't get the stars because of that trail. Looking forward to the training and SOON, SPADE KINGDOM ARC!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.