Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 24, 2020 1:13 AM
Apr 2018
I noticed that writing and the anime felt just way worse in S2 compared to S1, so I checked the light novels but although better that S2, the writing/pacing in S1 is better that light novels, so is it due to madhouse's direction just being much better?
Nov 24, 2020 2:29 AM

Nov 2011
I am not sure about that, but there are also people like me who find this season more or less has same quality with S1.
I always think this anime is mediocre and rather stupid but somehow really easy to watch because it sometimes really hilarious (the reason why I haven't dropped it yet).
But yeah, let's wait for others opinions ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Nov 24, 2020 9:01 PM
Oct 2020
In term of story wise S2 should a lof better than S1.
8-bit can't pull full potential from LN.
They rush and skip a lot from LN.
I know it normal in LN adaptation but the way they do unforgivable.They skip important staff like Erika's bro fight in ep7 and Erika know Tatsuya is Y____ in ep8.
That one of the important key point in visitor arc.
The one who in charge of S2 is f*** up.
Animation also downgrade compare to last season especially action scene.
After watching Akudama Drive and Jujitsu God-tier animation,I feel like Mahouka S2 animation level is same as J.C staff at most or level below them.
I wonder why they even make S2 if they didn't put effort and pay attention to the anime itself.
Sliver007Nov 24, 2020 9:07 PM
Nov 26, 2020 1:48 AM

Nov 2017
Sliver007 said:
I know it normal in LN adaptation but the way they do unforgivable.They skip important staff like Erika's bro fight in ep7 and Erika know Tatsuya is Y____ in ep8.
After watching Akudama Drive and Jujitsu God-tier animation,I feel like Mahouka S2 animation level is same as J.C staff at most or level below them.
I wonder why they even make S2 if they didn't put effort and pay attention to the anime itself.

J.C staff has some anime with great animation like Railgun series, + season 1 of Mahouka was so bad in directing also. I felt like I was watching podcast, not an anime.
Nov 26, 2020 9:33 AM
Jan 2018
Season 1 had like 22/24 epiosdes this season only has like 12 or 13 of course the pacing will be different
Nov 27, 2020 1:45 AM
Oct 2020
Dark-Swordsman91 said:
Sliver007 said:

J.C staff has some anime with great animation like Railgun series, + season 1 of Mahouka was so bad in directing also. I felt like I was watching podcast, not an anime.

Railgun S3 is best made by J.C staff so far.
Nov 28, 2020 7:09 AM

Aug 2013
The pacing is way too fast and they cut out lots of things. The first season was an introduction to the series, this one is basically animated chunks for those who already read the light novel.
Nov 28, 2020 7:22 AM
Jan 2015
I'd say the quality of the adaption is mostly the same(a lot of the key staff from s1 is still on board for s2), though its been a min since i've watched s1 or read the earlier novels. But season 1 definitely cut its fair share of corners from my memory, so its not just a s2 thing. Also gotta take into consideration that s1 was 26 episodes, which adapted 3 arcs. Season 2 is supposedly 13 episodes and its only adapting 1 arc so pacing is bound to be different. Also no way in hell the anime has better writing than the novels lol, both adaptions are mediocre.
-MahesvaraNov 28, 2020 7:35 AM
My Queens

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

83 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2020

82 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:51 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.