Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 24, 2020 7:44 AM

Jun 2010
Conde_Mohr said:
Cinna said:
Um, I received a gift already...isn't it to early to receive a gift...?

Yes, it is. Unless you receive a present from an elf (i.e. Elf-pyon), it is not your Secret Santa present.

The presents will be sent approximately from 24th to 27th Dec.

So should I delete that message?
Nov 24, 2020 7:46 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Cinna said:
Conde_Mohr said:

Yes, it is. Unless you receive a present from an elf (i.e. Elf-pyon), it is not your Secret Santa present.

The presents will be sent approximately from 24th to 27th Dec.

You can delete it if you want, as it has nothing to do with us, but we'd appreciate it if you sent me a copy of the message via PM (indicating the user) before you do so that the elf team is aware of a potential problem.

Nov 24, 2020 7:54 AM
Apr 2020
I'm volunteer, I would like to help you this year !
Nov 24, 2020 8:17 AM

Jun 2010
Conde_Mohr said:
Cinna said:

You can delete it if you want, as it has nothing to do with us, but we'd appreciate it if you sent me a copy of the message via PM (indicating the user) before you do so that the elf team is aware of a potential problem.

Done.
Nov 24, 2020 8:21 AM

Sep 2009
Yaaay im excited to see what my secret santa makes for me :3

We're all golden
Sunflwers
on the inside :>
Nov 24, 2020 8:25 AM

Dec 2015
Kek me signed up for this I've always wanted to do this for the past 4 years I hope nothing will get in the way this time ehehe >< Looking forward to this! ^^ should've posted this right after I signed-up welp

set by mal secret santa 2023
Nov 24, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Haptism93 said:
Dragonland04 said:
Question - Do I get a choice as to what I can make as in an user gets a choice as to what they want but does an user get a choice about what they can make ?

Talking about images, I suppose? You can add to your sign-up post that you'd prefer doing a signature for someone, as example. That way, the elves try to match you with someone who wants to get a signature.

thank you
Nov 24, 2020 8:54 AM
May 2020
I like to volunteer
Nov 24, 2020 10:09 AM
Dec 2015
Honestly, I look forward to this every year

Nov 24, 2020 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
I was looking forward to it!
Will there be a special channel on the server like the last year?

I will make a gift, I can't volunteer because of work, sadly, but I hope you'll have less trouble this year. I like the event, but I don't like how overworked the elves are because of people not making recs. It also leads to recs arriving too late.
MAL haven't been too healthy technically either lately, hopefully it won't interfere with Secret Santa.
Nov 24, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2009
Sekikunjoi said:
Min-Max length (episodes):any amount but should be completed
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes): adventure, drama, action, romance, comedy, horror, anticipated.
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *ecchi, harem, BL, GL.
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):I like both sub and dub.
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):yup
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list:95
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?:yes
❅Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sekikunjoi&view=tile&status=2
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:elf receive.

Darkstorm3x said:
I would like something depressing or heavy like Sangatsu, NHK and Rakugo
I would like something like Made in abyss
I like stories that are more on a personal level and focus on the characters and their feelings and I would like to know your favorite anime

Hello you two! You need to sign up in the MAL Secret Santa 2020: Anime Edition - Sign Up! if you want to participate in the Anime Edition. Make sure to read everything in the first post and use this format:

Code:

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here!

deadoptimist said:
I was looking forward to it!
Will there be a special channel on the server like the last year?

I will make a gift, I can't volunteer because of work, sadly, but I hope you'll have less trouble this year. I like the event, but I don't like how overworked the elves are because of people not making recs. It also leads to recs arriving too late.
MAL haven't been too healthy technically either lately, hopefully it won't interfere with Secret Santa.

There should be a channel made soon-ish. I can't really tell you when since I don't know myself, but it should be up when the confirmations are sent.

Aww, thank you for worrying about the elves. The website hasn't really been having that many technical problems lately (that I'm aware of) so it should be fine on that side.

DeadlyRavenNov 24, 2020 1:33 PM
Nov 24, 2020 5:43 PM
Oct 2020
I’d like to volunteer.
Nov 24, 2020 6:42 PM
Aug 2019
Would like to join if that's ok :)
Nov 25, 2020 4:29 AM

May 2014
Nothing feels more Christmas-sy than MAL secret santa.
Nov 25, 2020 6:28 AM

May 2018
Yay,I'm so excited to participate this year as a newbie to MAL!
Nov 25, 2020 7:40 AM
Nov 2019
I want Rias Gremory on this Christmas Santa😍😍😘😘
Nov 25, 2020 7:52 AM

Mar 2013
Sadly i dont have skills for this,but have fun everyone!

Nov 25, 2020 1:54 PM

Sep 2019
Id love to volunteer, I've participated in the MAL secret Santa the past 2 years and would love to help out this year and every year after.
Nov 25, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2014
In both the example gifts the user has received two recommendations but is that a rule or just a guideline? Would three or one be fine for example? Or even twenty?
Nov 25, 2020 2:58 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
fraideii said:
In both the example gifts the user has received two recommendations but is that a rule or just a guideline? Would three or one be fine for example? Or even twenty?
One good recommendation is what we ask for. The examples are two mainly because I thought it would better explain the type of explanation we're looking for with the anime/manga title. You aren't just choosing a series, but also explaining why you think the user will like it.

If you want to include two or three because you can't only choose one or want to give the user some options, that's perfectly okay. Twenty is discouraged though. Remember you actually want your user to watch/read the series and overwhelming them won't make the gift feel as special.

@RichtigerAcc Wrong thread. Please post your sign up form where you got it from.
Nov 25, 2020 3:07 PM
May 2020
Ooh this seems fun. Sadly I have no idea even what programs I could use for images so won't sign up for that
Nov 25, 2020 6:47 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Yay!! I gonna be someone's Santa this year too!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2020 11:50 PM
Apr 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes):Any amount is ok with me.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):I’m open to really any genre. Although, I like most of comedy, harem, echhi, isekai
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Nothing in particular but i don't like mecha that much
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):No Restrictions
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:429
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:No
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Otakuheads?status=7
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange :D
Merry Christmas
Nov 26, 2020 1:53 AM
Nov 2020
I really wanna volunteer! But it's alright if there's no place left. I am super new to this event thingies so I am kinda nervous too.
Nov 26, 2020 2:31 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Otakuheads said:
❅ Min-Max length (episodes):Any amount is ok with me.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):I’m open to really any genre. Although, I like most of comedy, harem, echhi, isekai
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Nothing in particular but i don't like mecha that much
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):No Restrictions
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:429
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:No
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Otakuheads?status=7
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange :D
Merry Christmas
To participate, go to this thread and sign-up by following the instructions.
Nov 26, 2020 5:37 AM

Nov 2014
Kineta said:
fraideii said:
One good recommendation is what we ask for. The examples are two mainly because I thought it would better explain the type of explanation we're looking for with the anime/manga title. You aren't just choosing a series, but also explaining why you think the user will like it.

If you want to include two or three because you can't only choose one or want to give the user some options, that's perfectly okay. Twenty is discouraged though. Remember you actually want your user to watch/read the series and overwhelming them won't make the gift feel as special.

I'll aim for one really good then, thanks!
Nov 26, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2020
Sounds interesting. Guess i'll be signing up for the image thing. I have never done anything anime-art related, but i do art and i am willing to try! Still new to anime, "only" 950+ episodes in about a year!

I dont think i have seen enough for the anime recommendation thing though
Nov 26, 2020 10:11 AM
Mar 2018
I want to volunteer
Nov 26, 2020 10:12 AM
Nov 2020
Hy I'm Ashikur from Bangladesh.
Nov 26, 2020 10:59 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
VastSilver said:
Sounds interesting. Guess i'll be signing up for the image thing. I have never done anything anime-art related, but i do art and i am willing to try! Still new to anime, "only" 950+ episodes in about a year!

I dont think i have seen enough for the anime recommendation thing though

Don't be discouraged by that! You will be paired with someone who has watched more or less the same anime as you and is (hopefully) compatible, so that you can enjoy the process of looking for a good recommendation.

If you are still unsure but you wish to participate, you can also sign up and ask for an Elf Gift, in which case you won't get to recommend anything and the person recommending you won't be another user, but an Elf.

Nov 26, 2020 11:51 PM

Aug 2018
Hai! I would like to volunteer for helping, for being an elve. I haven't gotten experience in this but I like learning new things and because the last year's *not just that one* Secret Santa was very nice so I would like to help, so that I can be sure that this year's Secret Santa is going to be awesome too!!
Nov 27, 2020 12:45 AM
Mar 2019
I'm new to this kind of things. I just need to post request to either manga edition or anime edition and when the time comes I'll become Santa for someone else?
Nov 27, 2020 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
Feellow said:
I'm new to this kind of things. I just need to post request to either manga edition or anime edition and when the time comes I'll become Santa for someone else?

Yes, it's something like that. A Secret Santa, which will be revelaed later, will be sending you a recommendation of an anime or a manga, depending on which edition you sign up for. You can sign up for both though. And as you just said, you will get to be the Secret Santa for someone else.
Nov 27, 2020 1:14 AM
Mar 2019
ImTheRealMarco said:
Feellow said:

Yes, it's something like that. A Secret Santa, which will be revelaed later, will be sending you a recommendation of an anime or a manga, depending on which edition you sign up for. You can sign up for both though. And as you just said, you will get to be the Secret Santa for someone else.

Thanks, then I guess I'll sign up.
Nov 27, 2020 7:02 AM
Feb 2018
I'd like to volunteer too if any more are needed :)
Nov 27, 2020 12:16 PM

Dec 2011
I would like to volunteer!

Nov 27, 2020 4:53 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
@OnderHond @minrw @MatheusMS
To participate, go to this thread and sign-up by following the instructions.
Nov 27, 2020 8:12 PM

Apr 2019
Jusne said:
Sadly i dont have skills for this,but have fun everyone!

Hey Jusne! You don't need any special skills for this! Sign up in the sign up thread to receive a gift, if you would like to give or receive an anime or manga recommendation!~ It is all in the spirit of giving, so I hope you join and have fun with us, kay?
Nov 27, 2020 8:19 PM

Jun 2019
Hello! I had some questions.

For the Secret Santa Image Share it says to post a link to all of the previous images I've cropped. The thing is, is that I'm a beginner to this and all I've done is used Gimp to create a custom profile and signature flare. As such I don't have any specific images I can link to, is that alright?

I was also wondering in the case of a custom profile if I have to use CCS to make custom buttons, links, and other clickable items or if I'm only providing an image.

For the Manga recommendation am I allowed to recommend Manga's/Manhwa's that aren't listed in MAL?

Thanks for the Help!
Nov 27, 2020 8:58 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
CamelWhistle904 said:
Hello! I had some questions.

For the Secret Santa Image Share it says to post a link to all of the previous images I've cropped. The thing is, is that I'm a beginner to this and all I've done is used Gimp to create a custom profile and signature flare. As such I don't have any specific images I can link to, is that alright?

I was also wondering in the case of a custom profile if I have to use CCS to make custom buttons, links, and other clickable items or if I'm only providing an image.

For the Manga recommendation am I allowed to recommend Manga's/Manhwa's that aren't listed in MAL?

Thanks for the Help!
Regarding the image-related questions, no prior is experience is required but if you have any previous work to show us, great! If you don't, that's totally okay as well. Similarly, you wouldn't be expected to slice an About Me and make it clickable with BBCode at this experience level and an image would be sufficient. :)

As for your manga question, I'm sure @tingy can answer that!
Nov 28, 2020 6:19 AM
Nov 2020
I am new here , can someone tell what's this santa fest is all about? I couldn't get a thing
Nov 28, 2020 6:38 AM

May 2009
-_RAGE_- said:
I am new here , can someone tell what's this santa fest is all about? I couldn't get a thing

Hello there!

I'd say take the time to read the first post very carefully, but I can give you a quick TLDR here:

It's an event where you exchange gifts with random people. You don't have to worry about spending money here, all the gifts just require a bit of your time. There are three types of gifts you can sign up for: anime recommendations, manga recommendations and images.
Nov 28, 2020 12:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
CamelWhistle904 said:

Thanks for the Help!

Yes, you may recommend manga/manhwa that aren't listed on MAL~ However, only as bonus recommendation(s), and your main recommendation should still be something that's on MAL so that your recipient can add it to their list! Additionally, unless your recipient has specified they want manhwa or have rated some manhwa highly on their list, it's not recommended to choose a manhwa as your main recommendation.

I hope this helps!
Nov 29, 2020 12:13 PM
Nov 2020
Wish to volunteer also! ^.^
Nov 29, 2020 3:37 PM
Oct 2017
YOOOO IM LATE. BUT I TOO WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER IF POSSIBLE. Recommending is super fun and I would totally be down to give elf gifts / distribute recommendations!
Nov 29, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2020
Let's have fun make sure to volunteer
Nov 29, 2020 11:48 PM

Jan 2019
Sounds fun! I'm nervous though, what if my recommendation isn't good? This will be my first ever MAL event I participate in so let's hope I do good.
Nov 30, 2020 3:14 AM

Aug 2018
Kalvus said:
Sounds fun! I'm nervous though, what if my recommendation isn't good? This will be my first ever MAL event I participate in so let's hope I do good.

Just do your best; it's the thought that counts. I participated for the first time last year, and it was fun having to put some extra thought into writing the recommendations after studying my targets' current anime lists. I enjoyed thinking in a different way about the anime I like and would recommend; it made me see the shows in a new light.

Still, I wasn't sure they'd like my recommendations (Kubikiri Cycle and Kimetsu no Yaiba), but they both said they watched them and enjoyed them. :D But even if they hadn't, at least I felt like I explained the "why" behind my recommendations well enough that they would still find my thoughts genuine and honest, even if our tastes ultimately differed.

So give it your best shot, and just enjoy the process! (And if your targets appreciate your recommendations, which is likely, then so much the better. :-)

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

Nov 30, 2020 10:44 AM

Jan 2019
antigraviton said:
Kalvus said:

Just do your best; it's the thought that counts. I participated for the first time last year, and it was fun having to put some extra thought into writing the recommendations after studying my targets' current anime lists. I enjoyed thinking in a different way about the anime I like and would recommend; it made me see the shows in a new light.

Still, I wasn't sure they'd like my recommendations (Kubikiri Cycle and Kimetsu no Yaiba), but they both said they watched them and enjoyed them. :D But even if they hadn't, at least I felt like I explained the "why" behind my recommendations well enough that they would still find my thoughts genuine and honest, even if our tastes ultimately differed.

So give it your best shot, and just enjoy the process! (And if your targets appreciate your recommendations, which is likely, then so much the better. :-)

g-
Thanks for the tips and advice! That being said, I need to watch Kubikiri Cycle, I've heard too many good things.
Nov 30, 2020 6:19 PM

Aug 2020
I'd like to volunteer to help with this event :D
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

208 by Nikmomo93 »»
1 hour ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
7 hours ago

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.