Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2020: Anime Edition - Sign Up!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 23 24 [25]

Dec 6, 2020 4:52 PM

❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 1-24, can be movies too!
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shounen, Shounen Ai, Sports, Seinen, Fantasy. Lighthearted and friendly, or completely gorey and serious.. Not a mix of both. Virtuous characters. Japanese culture. No top 100 pls. I would like to find out about anime I may not have heard about. See fav characters & Anime?
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *Horror, mecha, Sci-fi. Overly obtuse types of fantasy or non-typical fantasy.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably not.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 130
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Seshi_
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes, gift exchange.

Dec 6, 2020 5:09 PM

Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): No limit, but I don't like series which are too long unless they are truly special. I mean 100+ eps long, below is fine.

Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Seinen, Mystery, Sci-fi/Cyberpunk, Psychological, Dementia, realistic stories, adult characters, character development, morally gray stories, well-written stories, plot twists.

I think you got the idea. Other than these, I'm open to anything if you think it's good, it doesn't have to be all gloomy like my taste would suggest. My favorite show last year was literally a running show for example. So, unexpected gems are better!

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Battle Shonen (like Naruto and Hxh etc.), cheesy stuff, Hentai, power of friendship, weak writing, cheap plot twists like in the Berserk and that's all I guess.

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No.

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, I think it would be very hard to recommend something that isn't on my list. But if you have something new and fresh that I would like, then it's preferable.

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 79

Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.

Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/SirTristram

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift exchange.
Modified by SirTristram, Dec 6, 2020 5:30 PM

Dec 6, 2020 5:12 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Lately I prefer short series, 30 episodes max.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I really appreciate late 80s/90s animation style, I'm a very nostalgic person. I enjoy mature themed animes, slice of life and seinen, but I'm very open minded to all other genres if the story is well conceived, thought provocking or with good animation and soundtrack. I wouldn't say no to a nice romance story or a really funny one too.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't like animes with lots of unnecessary ecchi stuff or shonen with only action and non sense plots, if something like that is in my list it's probably nostalgia bonding fault.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 83
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Probably not, but it includes most of it.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/guikasa
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes, I would like to create a gift too.
Modified by guikasa, Dec 6, 2020 7:42 PM

Dec 6, 2020 5:17 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): I prefer animes that are aound 12 episodes or shorter, but if there's a good longer one then that's fine too.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I really enjoy non-romantic comedy. Like the comedy is not just a side tag, the whole show is about comedy. For my type of humour I like people doing wack stuff, parodies, also dirty jokes. Also I like watching handsome men do cool things(e.g. bungou stray dogs). If there's any men with long white hair then give me that sauce. If you know about voice actors then anything where you think Sugita Tomokazu, Nakai Kazuya, Sugiyama Noriaki, or Fukuyama Jun had a good performance you can recommend to me. (recommendation based on voice actors can override all my dislikes). I like ecchi but I struggle to find ones that are not harem, so if you know any please tell me. Maybe I like melancholic love stories with artistic shots. Generally, I like any episodic series and shows about cooking are great.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Please no harem. Please no. Also please no naked men please. Also I hate sports. I don't like it when a comedy show uses the same gag over and over again for each episode. If the main character is a generic guy with no personality then please don't recommend. He at least needs to be a pervert with a sense of humour.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No, anything is fine.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): If you really want me to watch something. but I'll probably end up watching all of them anyways.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 136
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Winter_Dawn
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: gift exchange

Dec 6, 2020 5:18 PM
❅ Min-Max length (episodes):

It should be an actual anime, so at least 1-cour of roughly 24minutes, or a decently sized movie. If everything else fits very well then this requirement can be neglected, I guess. No max length tbh.

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):

I'm looking for either:

A.
Romcom/School anime/Slice of life/harem-ish anime, with likeable/relatable protagonist and a good main female character (you can guess my type from my favorites, probably). Bonus points if it has an actual/satisfying end and the main couple come together.

B.
A grand story line with many twists and turns (regardless of genre, but often turns out to be seinen), such as Lelouch, vinland saga, Steins gate, parasyte, AoT S3P2 etc.

(if you have one for both or just multiple recommendations in general, feel free to do so! The more the merrier, even hentai is welcome as an extra :D )

But, in any case it should have:
-Good art/Modern artstyle
-decent/good animation, good OSTs

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):

Anime that is old or looks old. Generally anime from the last decade is what I mean. If it looked really good for its time, anime from pre 2010 is also fine but I don't like old anime unless the rest can humongously overshadow its dated art.

Genres:
Gore, Yaoi, overly abstract/experimental/alternative themes (e.g. dementia, but a little is fine though), kids/children's anime.

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):
Nope.

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
Yes.

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:
More or less. If it's not completed and not dropped it should be fine to recommend it. If you have really strong opinions on it I could maybe even give a dropped anime anotheer shot.

❅ Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/con4ever

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
Gift Exchange.
Modified by con4ever, Dec 6, 2020 5:27 PM

Dec 6, 2020 5:20 PM

Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 13 episodes if it's an 'unfinished story'. i'd go up to 25 if it's genuinely a completed story. i would also watch a movie.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): good focus on developing characters/coming of age, memorable soundtrack that feels unique/tied to the anime, like the anime to really make an attempt of something. like characters outside of highschool age too if possible but understandable if not.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): not too interested in moe, ecchi, comedy or harem kinda stuff right now. want to watch something memorable, nothing part of a 'mold'.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): nah i'll hunt it down like a tiger
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yea sure
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 615
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yea i ain't watched anime properly in a long time. i'm relying on you santa to revive me.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sad
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: gift exchange

Dec 6, 2020 5:23 PM

❅ Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Up to 25.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Horror, Psychological.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?: Subbed online for free.
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?: Yes.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 136.
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Not "everything" everything from childhood days, but otherwise yes.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ulfselrach
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange.

Dec 6, 2020 5:34 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Minimum 10 episodes. No upper bound.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Something that always makes me cry is when a character breaks down or broke down from overwork and has to find themselves again. Best examples I’ve seen of this are Nanami Aoyama from Pet Girl of Sakurasou and Jouichirou Saiba from Food Wars. If you could find a show not anywhere on my list that has a character that goes through that or an ecchi show not anywhere on my list, I would be very impressed.
Beyond that, I’m a big fan of thriller, like me some comedy that goes with a strong plot, and am looking forward to being surprised by something not on my list that you love and think I would love!
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Cute girls doing cute things; moe-blob; shoujo; horror involving gore.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): None.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No. A fourth of the shows on my Plan to Watch I already have watched at least an episode of, and most of the rest I know something about already. I'm looking for shows that I have never encountered.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 225 (including OVA's) and 50 entire series (excluding anything that’s not made-for-TV.)
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Everything I remember watching, no matter how few episodes, so yes.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Infernox1771?order=4&order2=12&status=2
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Creating gifts is more fun imo, so definitely gifting as well.
Modified by Infernox1771, Dec 6, 2020 8:19 PM

Dec 6, 2020 5:48 PM
❅ Min-Max length: Ideally 12-25 episodes
❅ Likes (genres): Comedy, slice of life, and shoujo.
❅ Dislikes (genres): Harem, ecchi, etc.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? No :)
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? Yes, but if that is the case, please include another title as well.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 62
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/_aihni_
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)? Gift exchange!

Dec 6, 2020 5:58 PM
You don't need to worry about fitting all the requirements.
Min-Max length (episodes): 24 or less episodes, preferably, but a 100 or less episodes anime sounds good to me. I don't care if the anime is ongoing or not.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Nothing in specific, I think. I've been searching for different animes recently. Is there any anime you like and want to share? I would like to read it, whatever the genre. Surprise me :D.
If you really don't know what to recommend: slice of life, sci-fi, fantasy, "political", romance comedy, thriller and contemplative animes and unexpected themes easily get my attention.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm not interested in watching more shonen. Avoid it, if possible.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Is this manga subbed or dubbed in English (or Portuguese)? Yes? No other restrictions, then.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 25.
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Nope, I've only started to register what I watch recently, so probably there's some animes I forgot to include in my list.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CarlosHenrq
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange.
Modified by CarlosHenrq, Dec 6, 2020 6:37 PM

Dec 6, 2020 5:58 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Min 12, Max 100ish (just to exclude very long anime, yes I'm talking to you One Piece...)
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Well, I really like romance anime (as you will see in my list), so if you can find anything that you can recommend to me that I haven't already watched I'm always eager to see them! Anyway, you can also recommend me some anime with well developed characters and I really dig for Drama and/or for the other extreme, Harem/Ecchi. If you know anything that has a well designed plot like Death Note, Steins;Gate, Full Metal Alchemist, Evangelion and so on, I'll also gladly accept that!
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't dislike Movies, but I prefer to receive a series reccommendation. Anyway, I also am not interested in BL/Yaoi, 3D anime, overly girlish Shoujo (I actually enjoyed some of them, but others are just too much for me), clichè shonen anime, horror, boring ("Mushishi" to give you an idea) and episodic ones.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Anything that can be retrieved in English is fine.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No, I prefer new ones :D
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 398
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
Link to anime list: MyAnimeList
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange!
Modified by Ianfire, Dec 6, 2020 6:03 PM

Dec 6, 2020 6:41 PM

Min-Max length (episodes/volumes):
Min: 3, Max: 50 but I'm flexible, ideally no anime longer than 100 episodes.

Likes (genres, demographics, themes):
I enjoy all genres, but I typically prefer action/adventure, shounen, psychological and shounen ai. I'm also open to SOL and comedy anime but they have to be quite good for me to bother finishing it. More than anything, I enjoy layered anime with narratives that have real depth. Unconventional art styles (or any unconventional characteristics) are good with me; in fact, the more things that differentiate the anime from its generic counterparts the better! Sometimes I watch things when I'm stoned so I like anime that have a good English dub, but it's not a requirement by any means.

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):
I'm usually not drawn to anime that focus too much on romance (unless they're fantastic) or have something else going on (not including shounen ai). I'm also not really interested in harem, ecchi, shota, and isekai genres.

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):
None as long as it's available with English sub. I have Funimation, but either way I'll probably be able to find any suggestions online.

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
Preferably no, unless you really wanna emphasize I should watch a particular show that's already on there.

Number of Completed entries on your anime list:

Does your list include everything you've seen?:
I've also seen Doraemon and some of the movies.

Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/mistersunday

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
Gift Exchange! I can create one too :)
"No one is born into this world to be alone." - Nico Robin

Dec 6, 2020 6:50 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 1 (movie) or 12-60-ish episodes in a series. I mostly watch 24-episode series but recently I'm more open to longer ones. If it's too long there's a high chance it'll get repetitive; on the other hand, if it's long enough, character development (something I've been looking for in my past watches) is more likely. FMA: Brotherhoodto me is a great example of a good length with a very decent plot and character development.

Likes (genres, demographics, themes): things that make you think e.g. Death Parade, Shinsekai Yori, Elfen Lied; drama (Violet Evergarden, Clannad, <3), historical, I LOVE dystopia (AoT and Shinsekai Yori type of thing), distinct gems like Princess Tutu, series with character development, adventure stories, and I also *love* my occasional dose of shoujo (among favs are Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket and OHSHC).

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Isekai (I HATED "That time I got reincarnated as a slime" -> MC too OP, ruined the story); bland MCs in general; high-pitched/overly feminine female characters that follow 'hot but stupid/annoying' waifu stereotypes.

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Hmm, nope. Just gotta be subbed, I don't watch dubbed.

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably no, but if it's a TOTAL MUST, then you can recommend it so I can so prioritize it over others.

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 232

Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, most likely.

Link to anime list:

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/TutuWhiteSwan

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift exchange! I love giving recommendations :)))

Looking forward to your recommendation!

Dec 6, 2020 7:01 PM
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 1-200;
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shonen, fantasy, adventure, action, mecha, seinen. I enjoy fleshed out characters with moments of deep reflection/emotion. For example, in HxH there's a lot of action and adventure but the characters are by no means flat! Open to psychological and josei. Strong female leads would be a plus! Unique art styles are cool.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Absolutely no romance. Not into slice of life or shonen. Don't care for sword fighting.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): None
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes but prefer something new
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 33
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Pretty sure
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/dimachan
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Would like to both give and receive a gift.

Dec 6, 2020 7:02 PM

Min-Max length (episodes/volumes):
Anything from 1 to 400, but i'll take a while to watch if its too big, long and/or boring.

According to Anime.Plus, I Like Drama, Adventure, Shounen, Seinen, Thriller, Supernatural, Comedy, Action, Fantasy, Ecchi, Mystery and Game.

Hentai, Shoujo Ai, Yuri, Yaoi... anime that is "older than me" (with exceptions.. like LOGH)

Nope, its good if i can find it on the internet

I would rather discover new anime thats not on my Plan to Watch, but its a free country after all eh. (Yes.)

372 as of this post.

Does your list include everything you've seen?:
Yes.

Link to anime list:
MyAnimeList | Anime.Plus

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
YES! I Would to create a gift for another user!
Modified by Digoligo, Dec 6, 2020 7:29 PM

Dec 6, 2020 7:20 PM
Min-Max length (episodes):
12-50 (this doesn’t matter much)

I love an anime where the main characters outplayed their opponent with Logic like Dr.Stone and Death Note. (Like how Senku teaches his crew about science, And light yagami fight L and try to find a way to defeat him and not get caught) I also like isekai

I am not a huge fan of romance, mecha, and Yaoi. I am find with hard headed characters like Natsu where he put his friends first. But I hate it if they don’t.

I prefer dubs, No stream restrictions.

No

Sure

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vinmon5?status=7

Dec 6, 2020 7:35 PM
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I don't really care about the lenght. Anything is fine
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): What I most enjoy now is a profound, thrilling, interesting anime with deep characters above all. Could be a slice of life/drama, could be a seinen, could have sci-fi/fantasy stuff or not but it has to surprise me, to make me feel alive lol
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't like isekais, like REALLY don't. I don't want a bassic shounen please. And not a comedy either. I don't enjoy WAR or violent stuff, for real, like Berserck, vinland saga, kingdom, it's make me feel real bad so please don't.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): If it's in Crunchyroll or Netflix it would be perfect (licenced in latam). It's not exclusive though
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 374
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nicogrego
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create a gift for another user
Modified by Nicogrego, Dec 6, 2020 7:39 PM

Dec 6, 2020 7:41 PM

Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Preferably nothing longer than 50ish episodes total, but around 100 is my absolute limit.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Mystery, thriller, action, death games, battle royales, urban fantasy, good husbandos (particularly ones similar to the characters in my favorite characters section), ensemble casts, anything with really memorable OP and ED songs, and nice-looking animation.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Slice of life, romance, traditional sports anime, ecchi, hentai, annoying main characters, and anything with a boring OP or ED that would screw me over in the AMQ tournament I’m in. Also, I’d prefer lesser known shows, if possible, but if you’re stuck, you can pick a popular show.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): As long as I can watch it with English subtitles or a dub somewhere, it’s fine.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably not, as I put most the shows I’m already aware of that meet my requirements on there, but if you’re really stuck, you can pick from there. Also, I’d prefer the shows to not be something I’ve already started reading the manga for, but again, if you’re stuck, you can recommend me something I’ve started the manga for.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 53
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Penguinfangirl?status=7
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I’d be down to make a gift for another user, but I know my completed anime number is small, so I’ll probably end up with an elf gift.

Dec 6, 2020 7:41 PM
❄️ Min-Max length :
 — No min.,
 — Max 50 episodes (if normal length; 20-something mins).
 — Any Type.
 — If it's movies give me more than 3 different titles that aren't related. (Movie-Series are okay.)
 — OVAs, ONAs and/or specials not related to TV series are okay as well.

☃️ Likes :
 — I like almost all genres
 — My favorites genres usually are Comedy, Sci-Fi, and action. But will totally watch a good Rom-Com or Slice of Life from time to time
 — As for themes probably something mature or just carefree (I know they are a bit of opposites). Either make me think 4d chess or don't make me think at all lol...
 — Scores, Rank, Popularity, etc. are things I usually don't mind when starting anime.

❄️ Dislikes :
— Isekai, seen to many for my taste
 — I dislike with passion abusive girls, same for annoying (dumb, too dense, clingy, wanting too much attention or pity) and/or high pitched voices. Prime example is this trash. Note that a dominant and strong female is different to that.
 — Excessive male fan-service, ecchi (with girls) and/or horror.
 — Little girls and boys being sexualized.
 — Try to avoid anime with MCs that are too dense and oblivious, those that are too stupid to realize what's happening in front of them.
 — Also avoid airing anime.

☃️ Any sub/stream restrictions?
 — Something available subbed online for free.

❄️ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list list?
 — Yes But I would prefer you use something I have yet to start from my on hold/watching list, since it's stuff that I already found. and will eventually finish
  (On hold is those owned but no idea when to watch them; watching and not started are those that I have and want to watch soon).
 — If you have no other choice, then sure go with PTW stuff.

☃️ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 232 (as of this post).

❄️ Does your list include everything you've seen? It should.

☃️ Link to anime list.
 — http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Pat_Back

Dec 6, 2020 7:47 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Max 30 episodes (I don’t mind movies or series exceeding 30 episodes in a few seasons as long as I can take a break after the first one without feeling like I haven’t got any closure)(Also you can recommend a few shows if you want :D )
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Original plots avoiding genre cliches or subverting them, well-developed characters and interesting dialogues (philosophy, clash of ideologies, heavy topics or just clever writing… generally something that encourages you to think). As for genres I’m fine with almost anything, but I tend to like the most shows with action taking place roughly in present times with some sci-fi/supernatural mystery and romance (I guess I’m looking for shows like for example Steins;Gate, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Serial Experiments Lain…). Also, it would be nice if you recommended me something that isn’t well known (or maybe even well-received, but you rly like it)… hidden gem, that I wouldn’t find by myself :D
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I usually avoid episodic plots, yaoi, battle shounens, but if you think that i will like it then I want to give it a try :D
Also, it would be nice if you could find something where characters aren’t talking super fast… I want to watch anime without constantly rewinding because of subtitles going so fast that you will miss a whole sentence if you blink (I’m looking at you Occultic;Nine)
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No… just English subtitles available somewhere on the internet
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes… my PTW list is total mess. Treat it as if it doesn’t exist XD
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 201
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes except for „a few” shows that I intentionally don’t list there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/gasztor
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange

Thanks for your hard work to all of elves and to you my Secret Santa! Merry Christmas!

Dec 6, 2020 7:52 PM
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 21-100

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shonen or seinen, mystery/thriller, drama/romance

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): not a fan of yaoi or yuri. also anything that's fan service over load, some here and there doesn't bother me but too much is no go

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): not really but easy access such as funnimation, netflix, or CR can be good for quality streams

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No I would prefer to find things not on my radar (but if something on my list really stands out then that's cool)

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 53 (as of posting this)

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: with the exception of some out of order Naruto and One Piece years ago yes

❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ninjagamer73

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Just an elf gift this year.

Dec 6, 2020 8:32 PM
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I don't mind the length tbh.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Iike fights, psychological, drama or cool sports ones
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): * I´m on an experimental quest so anything you like is ok
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): I´ll find some way or another
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 36, lil noobie
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Most of it
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Graham_HD
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)? : Gift Exchange

Dec 6, 2020 9:04 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 12-15
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Adventure, Comedy
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Horror, Hentai
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 2
Does your list include everything you've seen?: No
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/kaorikk
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift, please!

Dec 6, 2020 9:11 PM
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Any amount is ok.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Horror, Sci-fi, Apocalyptic, Distopian
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): anime from the Top 50 series
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:162
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:No
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/leoakahoshi?status=2
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift.

Dec 6, 2020 9:12 PM
I'm pretty easy going so I don't mind if you recommend something that's different from the requirements below.

No minimum, I always love a good 12 ep series to binge. For the max I quess nothing past 300 episodes? I'm not that picky when it comes to length, as long as I enjoy it then size doesn't matter.

For genres, I'm obsessed with comedy and need to get into more! I want to try watching more seinen and psychological animes, I'm just not sure where to start. A great fight is super important to me. Please recommend something that has a fun mc, I don't mind if they're dumb or weak, as long as they're fun and chaotic rather than bland and predictable. (Like Gintoki, Joseph Joestar, and Onizuka) I'm perfectly fine with some good trashy cultured ecchi that makes me say, wow I can't believe this isn't hentai. If there's a good found family dynamic the anime will own my heart! Lastly, if you have good bl/gl that's not rapey send it my way!

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *
It's not that I dislike them but I'm trying to expand what I watch past shounen series, so at most one of these. Also, please no isekai. Romance is okay if it's healthy, preferably funny, but I absolutely hate love triangles. Please try not to recommend top 100 anime, I know there's still plenty I need to see and I have most of them planned.

Anything works but I'd prefer if they were on Crunchroll, Netflix, Hulu, or Prime.

I'd rather it not be, but I'm fine with one or two.

Yes^^

❅ Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Amayaladon

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
I will definitely create a gift!

Dec 6, 2020 10:02 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): at least 12 episodes and not more than 54, (3-5 movies if you want to do movies), no ONA's or OVA's either please
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like quite a few genres, but I'm in the mood for something peppy right now preferably with a strong plot and some waifus. I tend to stay away from anime with a score less than 6, but if you think I'll like it, then I'll give it a go!
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): nothing in the top 300 or so please, chances are that I've already seen it or simply actively avoided that anime, I hate shit like 7 Seeds or disappointments that patter off at the end like Babylon. I'm also not craving any Moe at the moment (cute girls doing cute things like K-On!), I'm also not in the mood for anything depressing, with gore, or that is contemplative (stuff like another, serial experiments lain, elfin lied, etc.) <-- unless said show starts off strong and fast
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): nope! as long as there's an accessible subbed version
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): nope, I'm looking for something new so I hope you can chose something that's not on my animelist at all or that hasn't come out in the past year
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: ~246 should be a dozen more or so
Does your list include everything you've seen?: just about, I haven't updated some of the things that have come out in the past year or so which is why I ask that you don't include anything from the past year.
Link to anime list: Malcrow's AnimeList using malgraph(Anime+) might help a lot as well, Here's the link to mine
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange of course!
Modified by Malcrow, Dec 6, 2020 10:11 PM

Dec 6, 2020 10:15 PM
it really doesnt matter!

psychology, ROMANCE, thriller, action, shoujo, supernatural, comedy, drama

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *
game world isekai, slice of life,
i hate animes that are VERY overrated--they make me have high expectations like violet evergarden, akame ga kill, darling in the franxx, demon slayer, your name. utter disappointment for me....

i watch sub

no

yes

❅ Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/yuuhgetintoit?status=7&order=4&order2=0

elf gift please
Modified by yuuhgetintoit, Dec 6, 2020 10:23 PM

Dec 6, 2020 11:45 PM
Min-Max length: ~70 episodes max
Dislikes: Sport, Mecha, Yaoi, Shounen-Ai, Heavy Ecchi, Hentai, Anime on top 50 (if possible), 2018 or newer.
Any fansub/sub/stream restrictions?: Nope
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?: No (yes as bonus recommendations)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 354 Completed Anime entries
Does your list include everything you've seen (except childhood anime)?: Yes* (Don't count series as dropped if I only watch 1ep)
Link to anime/manga list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChocoCravingHobo
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange please

Dec 6, 2020 11:53 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): No min, max of 60 episodes
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Anything I watch, I like to some degree. My favorite genres are fantasy, psychological, romance, and anything that'll give me diabetes, though any genre is good as long as the concept is good. As for themes: parent-child relationships, thought-provoking/philosophical, anime with mind bending rules and concepts, Emotionally impactful (whether positive or negative [Jigoku Shoujo made characters intended to be intensely hated]), realistic interpretations of a fantasy world (Grimgar). I don't mind watching shows with the same plot line or premise because I enjoy seeing characters interact. For the same reason, I'm fine with overpowered protagonists. If all that is too specific or difficult to find a show to match, recommend one of your favorite shows!
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I tend to stay away from anime with a large focus on mecha and anime that can only really be described as comedy.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Anything on Netflix, Hulu, HiDive, CR, Funimation, or Amazon Prime is good. Sub and Dub are both welcome
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 251
Does your list include everything you've seen?: The vast majority. It's missing at most 4 I forgot to add
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/GioMastr
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange. Gotta share the love!

Dec 6, 2020 11:58 PM
Length: I'm cool wit whatever length, but maybe not over 200-250 episodes. Btw I'd prefer getting show recommendations, as opposed to movie recommendations

Likes: I fw both action, shonen shows (ex: Demon slayer, HxH, samurai champloo, mob psycho, dragon Ball series) and cute funny slice of life shows, usually ones wit female characters (ex: k-on, watamote, gabriel dropout, hitoti bocchi)

Dislikes: ion like romances, I think they hella Corny, a minimal amount as like a side plot is cool tho. Ion fw slice of life shows wit male main characters neither. That's about it I think

Stream restrictions: I prefer if it was on crunchyroll or Netflix but if it's not, that's cool, I can find sum other website to watch it on, I done it before.

Plan to watch list?: Ye, if you really think I'd fw something that's on my plan to watch list like "aye this anime is hella good bro u needa watch this shit rnrn"

# of completed shows: 65

Include everything?: It includes everything I've completed entirely. I watched like sum yugiyo or Pokemon or case closed here n there as a kid but I've completed 65 total

Link: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/bigchief29&view=tile&status=2

Gift: ye I'll make a gift recommendation list for someone

Dec 6, 2020 11:59 PM
Min-Max length (episodes): Max 30ish episodes. I prefer to watch short series.
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like shonen, seinen, romantic-comedy/drama, and slice of life shows. I love great stories like FMAB/AoT, but I also love slice of life anime (especially when a cute romance is involved) and I want to get into that genre more. My favourite shows are a decent portrayal of my taste in anime in the shonen and seinen genres. I would rather have the show be targeted for teens or adults. As for themes, I’m pretty open to be honest.
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I like good plot/story-telling or a good amount of humour/epic ness if the show is less serious. So a show with a horrible plot and not a lot of funny/cute/exciting/epic scenes isn’t my style at all. I don’t like cringe in anime unless it contributes to the humour (funny awkward moment). In the exception of a slice of life anime, I absolutely hate filler episodes (blame Pokémon for that lol) in shows.
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No, but I would prefer if it is on Netflix (any location as I have a VPN) or CR (my friend and I are planning on sharing an count soon).
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 52 (soon to be 53 after I finish Mob Psycho 100 II). I am also currently watching Pokémon 2019 and Attack on Titan: Final Season, which are airing.
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, it does.
❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nick_Tam_Air_?status=1
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: No (Elf Gift).

[I’m also more of a sub watcher, but if the dub is really good (e.g. FMAB or Cowboy Bepop, I wouldn’t mind watching that version]

Edit: Changed my completed anime count from 51 to 52.
Modified by Nick_Tam_Air_, Dec 7, 2020 12:15 AM

Dec 7, 2020 1:43 AM
Min-Max length (episodes): No preference
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like stories that are finished or have a manga that finishes it.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Please no
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 532
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Reportedrak
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf gift :)

Dec 7, 2020 4:58 AM
I know I'm late but I'm posting my application just in case there's a chance to still join :)

❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 10-50, but it's not strict
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Plot twists, Emotional, Clever/interesting plot, Time travel, Psycological, Beautiful art style, Back stories
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Politics, Too much fighting, Unfinished shows with cliffhangers, Filler episodes
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes but prefer if not
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 57
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Hope so
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amasted
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create one

Dec 7, 2020 9:19 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Min-Max length (episodes): None.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Interesting settings tickle my fancy (e.g. Toshokan Sensou, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita), romcom is nice (though most harems are out), family/friendship themed series often have appeal when done right (e.g. Uchouten Kazoku, Kyousou Giga (TV)), fantasy/adventure series with excellent supporting casts (e.g. Durarara, Tokyo Ravens), and I'm really into male seiyuu (check my profile for a selection). Feel free to recommend anything similar to series I rated 8+. My favourites are all recent watches.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Ecchi without plot/purpose (Horizon was acceptable because everything else was epic); horror; yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai. Please no idol anime.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Must be finished airing.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably not, since I choose what to watch next from there using spin.moe. That said, if you're having a hard time or want to say "watch this now!!!", feel free to use it~
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 506
Link to anime list: Click Me!
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange

Thread Locked.

Edit: Fixed strange typo.
Modified by Kineta, Dec 14, 2020 7:37 PM

Dec 7, 2020 12:31 PM
Forum Moderator
❅Min-Max length (episodes): Any
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Romance, slice of life, drama, comedy (But I want romance between two characters to be the primary focus)
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Incest, Yaoi, fantasy, harems, action-romance (I'm fine with action-romance if there's an emphasis on the romance aspect of the story. An example would be Guilty Crown).
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 229
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes (On hold as well)
❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/CareBear
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes I will create a gift

Dec 7, 2020 4:25 PM
Forum Moderator
Post for CavanDuck

❅ Min-Max length: 12-~37
❅ Likes: Anything, bar dislikes
❅ Dislikes: Horror, Yaoi, Yuri, Hentai
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?: No restrictions
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?: Can be, preferable not
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 550. Ignoring OVAs, movies, sequels, probably 300 shows.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CavanDuck
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange (If not possible, Elf Gift)

set by o-kiku!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 23 24 [25]