Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Nov 21, 11:32 AM

When it come to Japanese voices I hear Kouki Uchiyama a lot

I don't watch dubs often but when I do I almost always hear Troy Baker

Nov 21, 11:35 AM

I can always recognize Sugita Tomokazu (Gintoki, Joseph Joestar, Katakuri, etc.) even if he's just playing a random side character that appears for a few seconds.
Modified by ManWild, Nov 21, 11:39 AM

Nov 21, 11:37 AM

Troy is definitely up there. It feels like he's been in everything.

Kamiya Hiroshi, Taneda Risa, Kugimiya Rie, Daisuke Ono, Greg Ayers, Matthew Mercer, and Vic Mognogna are all VAs I can identify pretty immediately. But I feel like most people could identify them.

Nov 21, 11:48 AM

ManWild said:
I can always recognize Sugita Tomokazu (Gintoki, Joseph Joestar, Katakuri, etc.) even if he's just playing a random side character that appears for a few seconds.

Exactly this. He has such an iconic voice and I definitely would recognize him no matter how irrelevant his role is.

"A million words would not bring you back. I know because I tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried."

Nov 21, 11:50 AM
Thorkell voice actor, and kaiki voice actor

Nov 21, 11:52 AM

I pick up most of the OG male voices pretty easily. Female voices are harder for me to identify outside of my favorites. I have no idea who any of the newer voices are, male or female. They all sound the same to me.

Nov 21, 11:52 AM

nobuhiko okamoto, once a character he voices shouts something. even if he has a minor role, if he shouts, i immediately think, "oh that's bakugo!" haha

Nov 21, 11:57 AM

Yuuichirou Umehara – whether it's anime, promo videos, games, drama CDs, music, or broadcast (radio, TV, etc) I can pick him out of a crowd.

Nov 21, 11:57 AM

I always notice Johnny Yong Bosch's voice in any English dub of an anime.

Nov 21, 12:09 PM

Koyasu, Takehito and Kamiya, Hiroshi easily can tell whenever they speak. They are remarkable at what they do.

Nov 21, 12:12 PM

For English Dubs: Kari Walgren, Crispin Freeman, Johnny Young Bosch, Wendee Lee, Jamieson Price, Luci Cristian, Cris Patton, and Hilary Haag are recognizable to me.

Japanese: Nothing much here except Rie Kugamine, for negative reasons, simply because her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
Modified by Kruszer, Nov 21, 12:17 PM
"A man dies like a butterfly, life burns from the touch of the reaper, all things must pass. One love is crooked lie, the world lies in the hands of evil and we pray it would last."
-Apocalyptica-"Life Burns"

Nov 21, 12:17 PM

Okamoto, Nobuhiko who plays Bakugo and Run from Blue Exorcist
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Nov 21, 12:17 PM

Hanazawa Kana
Mizuki Nana
Tamura Yukari
Horie Yui
Sakamoto Maaya
Asami Imai
Toyosaki Aki
Hayami Saori
Yuki Aoi
Ogura Yui
Iguchi Yuka

Nov 21, 12:18 PM

For female, I'd Say Saori Hayami. The softness in her voice is very distinct.

For Guys, definitely Koyasu Takehito. It's really hard dissociating him with Dio regardless what character he plays.

Nov 21, 12:18 PM
Kamiya Hiroshi and Koyasu Takehito. Especially the second one. I can always recognize Dio's voice

Nov 21, 12:20 PM

Every time Matsuoka opens his mouth, I die twice and sadly he's everywhere.

Nov 21, 12:22 PM

The only ones I can recognize are Rie Kugimiya and Nobuhiko Okamoto. They have such a distinctive and unique voice and whenever I hear Rie, I’m like “that’s kagura” and for Nobuhiko “that’s noya” lol.

I recognize Todd Haberkorn often, just because I've rewatched a lot of the shows he's in, and he's in some games I play as well, like Genshin

So, you were running away.
And you rejected the others around you,
so there was no chance that you would ever be hurt.
Kaworu Nagisa

Koyasu is so recognizable I didn't even need to use my brain to figure out who the char clone in seed destiny was.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST

Nov 21, 12:25 PM

Sugita Tomokazu: Kyon, Gintoki, Switch and many other roles.

Nov 21, 12:45 PM

yuki kaji and nao touyama. i thought it'd be hanakana for me but sometimes her voice isn't the same as the other characters that she voiced

Nov 21, 3:12 PM

Among English dub VAs, I can easily recognize Greg Ayres. At one point I inadvertently watched about 4 anime series within a short time span where he had a lead role, and I grew tired of hearing his voice.
For 8 months I had a nice signature that appeared in hundreds of posts, until one day someone decided it was against the rules, so now all you get is this boring statement.

Nov 21, 3:16 PM

Japanese: Kamiya Hiroshi and Matsuoka, Yoshitsugu

English: Johny Yong Bosch

Nov 21, 3:18 PM

There are probably a dozen or so VAs that I can recognize immediately.

Generally, those are the VAs that I like enough that Im willing to try a series just because they are voicing one of the main characters.
Blanks.

Nov 21, 3:20 PM

I can't remember his name, but it's certainly Law's and Levi's voice actor.

Yes, Zlyiond is a casual, unfortunately.

Nov 21, 3:22 PM

I can always instantly recognize Cam Clarke's voice in anything, including video games.

Nov 21, 3:22 PM

Junichi Suwabe, Takehito Koyasu and Nobuhiko Okamoto.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube

Nov 21, 3:25 PM

I always recognise Hayami Saori's voice :) Her voice is so unique and quite soothing XD.

Nov 21, 3:29 PM

Definitely Yamaguchi Kappei. I was playing a random otoge the other day and as soon as one of the characters started talking I instantly recognized him, he has quite a unique voice lmao.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nov 21, 3:30 PM

usually my favourites: Yasumoto Hiroki and Sakurai Takahiro, sometimes Ono Daisuke (although he is my most favourite) and Fukuyama Jun. sometimes I wonder who's that cool ojisan and it's usually Yamadera Koichi :)

Nov 21, 3:33 PM

I'm not really convinced being too easily recognizable is a positive trait. It seems to me like it'd mean you have a narrow range of performances. For instance, there`s nothing short of being deaf that would result in you not realizing when Koyasuさん speaks even one line. I guess it might be good material for Jojo memes or whatever but on the whole maybe not something desirable.

Nov 21, 3:56 PM

Hanae Natsuki(Arima Kousei, Kaneki, Tanjiro) , Hanazawa Kana (Who sang Renai Circulation, Mayuri, Mitsuri, Hina) , Sugita Tomokazu( Gintoki, Joseph Joestar, Katakuri) , Takehito Koyasu(DIO, Shirogane papa, excalibur, hand demon) , Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (kirito, inosuke, and souma), Houchuu Ootsuka (Urokodaki, jiraiya, and that demon from soul eater)
"I was beaten down by the world and learnt what it meant to lose"

Nov 21, 4:38 PM

Rie Takahashi. Can recognise her from anywhere. Not exactly hard to do so.

a rather odd Pop Team Epic. review

have a good day.

Nov 21, 5:24 PM

Miyano Mamoru, Hanazawa Kana, Sawashiro Miyuki, Hayami Saori, Uchiyama Kouki, Yuki Kaji.

I almost never watch dubs.

Nov 21, 6:06 PM

Sugita Tomokazu, Sakurai Takahiro and Kamiya Hiroshi. Don't know much about dubs though.

Nov 21, 6:18 PM
Corazon

Tsuda, Kenjirou
I been recognizing his deep voice a lot lately

Nov 21, 6:26 PM
Natsuki Hanae and Yuki Kaji. Both of them had very unique voices and very recognizable.

Nov 21, 8:19 PM

I'm sure someone's mentioned this above me or something, but Noriyaki Sugiyama; his voice is so distinctive and solid that whenever I hear it in an anime that isn't Naruto, I'm like "Is that Sasuke-kun?"

Nov 21, 8:22 PM

Ootsuka Houchuu's voice is amazing and I can't help but hear Tsurumi every time. Looking forward to Jiraiya's introduction in Naruto, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.

Nov 21, 9:16 PM

every time Koyasu is in something i hear boss music ゴゴゴ

Nov 22, 3:38 AM

i always recognize Nobuhiko Okamoto in other animes.

and Fujiwara Kenji, i liked his voice in the "To Aru series" as Kihara and recognize him in Durarara as the policeman and in AoT as Hannes.

Nov 22, 6:12 AM

I always recognize all these VAs:
Minase Inori, Kamiya Hiroshi, Tomita Miyu, Uchiyama Kouki, Hanazawa Kana, Ayane Sakura, Hayami Saori, Miku Itou, Kayano Ai, and many more.
well, i'm something of a seiyuu simp myself

Nov 22, 6:19 AM
Whatever

I'm bad at recognizing voices at all, so no voice actor. I even don't recognize my favorites haha

Nov 22, 7:38 AM

I’d say Miyano Mamoru and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.

Nov 22, 7:44 AM
I don't remember such stuff, even less if I can hardly understand the language in question.

Nov 22, 7:49 AM
For me it's

Mouri Kogoro's VA (also Kyros from One Piece),
Vegeta's VA (also Hattori Heiji),
Naruhodou Ryuuichi's VA (also Eren, Kouichi, and a character from Lupin III Fujiko),
Gintoki's VA,
Battler's VA,
Kurotsuchi Mayuri / Frieza's VA,
DIO's VA (very iconic).

For some reason it's much more difficult for me to distinguish female voices. There are great VA, but I almost never recognize them.

Nov 22, 8:02 AM

Men:Koyasu Takehito, Miki Shinichiro, Sugita Tomokazu, Sakurai Takahiro, Tsuda Kenjiro and Morikawa Toshiyuki for me with their unique and distinguishable voices.

Women: Mizuki Nana, Horie Yui, Tamura Yukari, Ohara Sayaka, Itou Shizuka, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina etc.

However i will never forgive myself for confusing Murase Ayumu's voice with Sawashiro Miyuki's voice T___T
Modified by Vargnatt, Nov 22, 8:07 AM

Nov 22, 8:03 AM

I can only recognize the voice actor of DIO
과부가 얼마나 과부는 슬픈지 알고있습니다

Nov 22, 8:07 AM

Robert Mccolum because i can easily recognize that Kogami voice anywhere.

The earth is short on many things human stupidity is in infinite supply and if there ever was an end of the world it would be the cause of it.

Nov 22, 11:25 AM

The guy who voices Okuyasu in JoJo, Caiman in Dorohedoro, Knuckle in Hunter x Hunter...

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »