Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2020 1:45 PM
Jul 2014
This is the first episode since episode 4(which adapted chapter 1) that adapted material from a manga chapter numbered lower than the episode number with everything up to orochi being told about law being captured by hawkins being adapted from the end of chapter 950
Ciphra-XIIINov 22, 2020 1:55 PM
Nov 22, 2020 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
zoro's fight was very good.

Nov 22, 2020 5:16 PM

Nov 2008
Nice animation again during the Zoro part. Given that Zoro is classified as a Super Nova it shouldn't be surprising that he has an easy time with the fodder that is sent against him.

Meanwhile, Law once again shows why he is such a tit-on-a-bull. He needs to wear a dress so that he can totally be a maiden in distress... As far as Law's crew go - they ought to just march off singing "Yellow Submarine"...
Nov 22, 2020 5:59 PM

Mar 2020
Hiyori had managed to escape while he was with Zoro, but better be careful, now that Law has been caught and the whole gang has wanted posters. Fortunately Chopper made the antidote for the poison and Luffy is already recovered and very hungry. Looking forward to the meeting in the next episode.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 22, 2020 6:15 PM

Nov 2015
Any time Zoro's swords come out, you can bet the next scene will be great. They weren't anywhere near his level, but still always love seeing him teach someone a lesson. (Though one wonders why the "Don't piss off Zoro" lesson wasn't learned long ago.)

The Big Mom/Kaido meeting ought to be interesting, to say the least, especially now that Big Mom has regained her memory. Somehow I don't quite think that she'll be taken down quite as easy as Queen just marching her up in chains.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Nov 22, 2020 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
I could never complain if I see anything of Zoro in a episode. Sure the Ninjas were absolute no match but I'm sure with the upcoming big fight that will change. I also enjoy the Zoro/Hiyori dynamic. They make such a good couple even if I know that romance isn't really a thing in One Piece.

I was wondering what eventually happened to Law. His threat against Hawkins was such a good bluff. It's nice his crew got out but with him being caught I would say Luffy, Kinemon and Co have an even bigger problem.

Also what's up with Drake? His reaction towards Law doesn't seem normal for someone who works for Kaido. One thing is certain, Law would never betray anyone. His smile at the end just confirmed it even more.

Nov 23, 2020 1:47 AM

Apr 2013
Zoro fighting fodder and one average dude, meh...
Nov 23, 2020 2:26 AM

Jul 2007
Gator said:
Zoro fighting fodder and one average dude, meh...

Most of the ninja of the samurai warrior alliance are actually not really front line fighters except Fukurokuju. They mostly deal in infiltration, espionage, and assasination. So that is mainly what their roles are. How ever Zoro is just to hard to pin down with an assasination attempt. Also you have to understand the straw hats are not weak little pirates any more, they have grown immensly over the course of the series and will continue to get even stronger. I think oda is slowly but surely showing us a more tipped balanced power scaling where the straw hats are able to be on equal grounds with many strong adversaries considering OP is ending soon i say its time for our heroes to grow and overcome the odds and if you still think this is the days of when luffy was running for his dear life during marinford, or the straw hats running from kumo, you are sadly missing the whole point of character development. They are so much more skilled and stronger then they were in pre time skip. These ninja's although weak compared to Zoro now is probably comparable to like fighting one of the CP9 from the early days. Think of how zoro looked when faced against Mihawk back in the early OP days. A similar situation here.

How ever kaido's lackies are no slouches either, he has some pretty formidable forces that work under him.
ArtimesGamerNov 23, 2020 2:54 AM

Nov 23, 2020 3:02 AM

Apr 2013
link9us said:
[Also you have to understand the straw hats are not weak little pirates any more, they have grown immensly over the course of the series and will continue to get even stronger. I think oda is slowly but surely showing us a more tipped balanced power scaling where the straw hats are able to be on equal grounds with many strong adversaries considering OP is ending soon i say its time for our heroes to grow and overcome the odds and if you still think this is the days of when luffy was running for his dear life during marinford, or the straw hats running from kumo, you are sadly missing the whole point of character development. They are so much more skilled and stronger then they were in pre time skip. These ninja's although weak compared to Zoro now is probably comparable to like fighting one of the CP9 from the early days. Think of how zoro looked when faced against Mihawk back in the early OP days. A similar situation here.

Where did you get the impression from that I underestimate the strawhats? Luffy defeated Katakuri, an (in my opinion) admiral level fighter in a fair fight. The reason why I'm not impressed by these fodder fights is exactly because Luffy and Zoro need to fight at least one of the top three commanders of a yonko to make it any interesting. I'm afraid you missed my point entirely.
Nov 23, 2020 3:25 AM
Sep 2018
nice episode with pretty good scenes
Nov 23, 2020 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
Gator said:
link9us said:
[Also you have to understand the straw hats are not weak little pirates any more, they have grown immensly over the course of the series and will continue to get even stronger. I think oda is slowly but surely showing us a more tipped balanced power scaling where the straw hats are able to be on equal grounds with many strong adversaries considering OP is ending soon i say its time for our heroes to grow and overcome the odds and if you still think this is the days of when luffy was running for his dear life during marinford, or the straw hats running from kumo, you are sadly missing the whole point of character development. They are so much more skilled and stronger then they were in pre time skip. These ninja's although weak compared to Zoro now is probably comparable to like fighting one of the CP9 from the early days. Think of how zoro looked when faced against Mihawk back in the early OP days. A similar situation here.

Where did you get the impression from that I underestimate the strawhats? Luffy defeated Katakuri, an (in my opinion) admiral level fighter in a fair fight. The reason why I'm not impressed by these fodder fights is exactly because Luffy and Zoro need to fight at least one of the top three commanders of a yonko to make it any interesting. I'm afraid you missed my point entirely.

Its not that I missed the point. Its just that many characters who you consider fodder are actually skilled and still strong but yes compared to the development and growth of some of the straw hat members, it doesn't seem like so. The Oniwabanshu all have their specialities but yes I agree completly with your statement. I think in order to get a rather interesting fight zoro needs to fight some one much more powerful either one of the super nova's or one of kaido's top dogs. To make for a truly interesting battle.

That being said, there are some inconsistencies with the anime only on how some of these characters are being protrayed. For example zoro never actually really had an extended fight with Kyoshiro, it was more like he blocked one of zoro's attacks head on and then one of the members of the oniwabanshu intervened, that was pretty much it. We never really got to see a full clash between these two like it was shown in the anime where zoro was able to go head to head against him. In reality in the manga kyoshiro was basically standing there with out moving an inch, blocking zoro's attacks with ease, much like how mihawk stood on the bridge with a knife and just completly blocked all of zoro's moves during the early parts of OP. That is kind of how it was supposed to be protrayed but i understand the studio is trying to extend some of these fights beacuse act 2 of the wano arc really doesn't focus much on the larger battles. So I do really hope the studio does not take to much free liberty and should just stick to what oda has written in the source material because there is a reason for that.

I think its because the studio is not really looking at the full picture, this arc is pretty huge and it structured like a kabuki play where act 2 is basically considered the "expositional act" so the "real" action does not start until acts 3-4. Though we have alot more context now with the manga, so maybe things will be more accurate from here on in.
ArtimesGamerNov 23, 2020 2:28 PM

Nov 23, 2020 5:55 PM

Mar 2020
Finally out of prison
Nov 24, 2020 3:20 AM

Mar 2015
Moving onwards in the next episode, good stuff to come hopefully!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 25, 2020 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
Uhhh wat? That blondie guy that I forgot the name of just let Bepo and the others go just like that? And he even gave up their lives back? Why? Cause he's afraid Law would kill him? Really? Even with 4 lives? And he didn't even try to betray Law? That's some weak ass reasoning man. Also really interrogating Law as if it's not obvious already why they're there lol.
Nov 26, 2020 4:15 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good episode, Law making a deal with Hawkins and instead sacrificing himself was just a great scene to see.

Next episode for manga readers is gonna be oh boy...
Nov 26, 2020 6:48 PM
Nov 2013
I wonder why Law didn't try to fight as soon as the 4 lives were returned to their owners...
Dec 2, 2020 8:26 PM
Nov 2014
it's been a minute since Zoro has gone ham with his swords. Here's hoping he gets stronger opponents in the near future though.

Also, bless his heart Chopper finally got to do some more doctor stuff and the gang is pretty much up to it's usual shenanigans somewhat. Just hope someone competent busts Law out of prison soon
Dec 3, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2014
Zoro's fight against the ninjas was actually not bad, though it was very short. It looks like he may be Orochi's opponent. It's going to be interesting to see the fight.

Luffy's zombie face was funny to see. I don't know why they showed him as a dead man. It may have been a dream, but since he survived, it didn't serve any purpose. Nevertheless, it made him show some hilarious zombie faces

So Traflaw Law sacrificed himself for his crew. That's so typical of him. He has a good heart.

It's going to be interesting to see two yonkos meet in the next ep.
Dec 25, 2020 12:48 AM

May 2016
That Traflgar smirk at end worth 5/5
Dec 27, 2020 10:34 PM

Feb 2015
For a moment I thought that Zoro was going to struggle in that battle, but it looks like he really needs his third sword. So, Law is now in Orochi’s hands, Drake is not enjoying this.
Jan 13, 2021 8:59 AM
Jun 2015
Finally we can move on out of the prison. Main highlight of the ep would have to be the Zoro fight, although it was kinda expected that he would just kill all the fodder that came towards him. Would love for him to fight a worthy challenger like Denjiro again.
Jan 29, 2021 9:11 AM

Mar 2016
Alright so we're coming to the end of act two, Luffy and Momonosuke have conquered Udon for good, while the other members of the alliance have begun to resolve what they were planning to do. With 1 week to go, all the preparation now goes towards the fateful day while Luffy train to be able to use advanced busoshoku haki on command.
May 9, 2021 5:40 PM

Oct 2017
I love Law so I was dying all the time I saw them torturing him. My poor baby I hope he'll be recue someway.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Sep 12, 2021 9:25 AM

Jun 2019
I feel bad for Law. I hope he gets rescued soon.
Sep 24, 2021 11:29 PM

Sep 2015
Wow we got normal looking Ninjas fighting Zoro this episode now.

The running animation and sounds are good

My god the way how Orochi squeal was so hilarious xD

The Fire festival in the flower capital looks so pretty

Mummify Luffy looks hilarious as he scares Tama away xD

I wonder where Okiku found the dumplings

Ahhh poor Bepo :I But Bepo cares so much about Law
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 24, 2021 11:15 AM

Mar 2010
Law really took one for his team, kinda sad to see them so incompetent.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 13, 2021 12:42 PM
May 2020
zoro adding to his spliff tally. luffy and the others plague is now neutralised and to top it off Trafalgar Law is captured! a lot to absorb in this episode
Jan 26, 2023 10:16 AM
Sep 2022
Best anime episode
Jul 31, 2023 3:45 AM
Apr 2023
I loved this episode. Infact i love every episode of one piece
Dec 6, 2023 10:17 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode, interested in seeing where this goes next.

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.