Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 20, 2020 4:27 PM
Jul 2009
Glad the black mino still alive. I'd like it to wreck to loki familia. Just to show how threatening it is. Gonna be bum if it got killed so easily coz he's "just a monster."

Bell's tears are just something. Made me tear up coz of those big drops.
For me, it was a perfect scene to let wiene die and have her resurrected perhaps on other episodes? coz the momentum was broken. still i'm cool with it.

Bell's gonna have all the hate. But as long as someone you really care still loves you, it doesn't matter.
Nov 20, 2020 4:28 PM
Jun 2020
Siegfried10 said:
alphazero4um said:
Is that so? I was spoiled on this when reading up on it many years ago. But he that strong and trained by Ottar himself? Wow. No wonder he was able to hold his own. What level was he when Bell fought him when it came to Season 1? If anything dang. Here I am thinking Bell just got lucky because he was mindless if he had intelligence then I think it would've been done and game over for Bell. Am I wrong?

This minotaur wasnt trained by Ottar, only the one Bell fought in Season 1 which was Level 2 in power, to answear your question.

to be specific when bell defeated the minotaur and he died the was reborn my his mother the dungeon and became a xenos
Nov 20, 2020 4:55 PM
Aug 2016
well, that was stupid. this show continues to spiral down the abyss of trash writing.
Nov 20, 2020 5:00 PM

Feb 2014
ASTERIOS ASTERIOS ASTERIOS!!! What a monster!!
He single-highhandedly face the whole of Loki familia. Made them look like fools. Wanna see more of him and what's the story behind his legend. I mean even Freya's strongest had been guessing.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 20, 2020 5:10 PM
Jun 2017
Bell is such a fool one to decide such action. Well.he did that though to save a friend. Now lets see how he can handle the stigma that the people will be dealing with him after what he has done
Nov 20, 2020 5:10 PM

Sep 2020
I was eager to find out how they would handle this part of the LN, and It's honestly really good. Sad they didn't focus that much on the fights (they felt really quick and rushed), also the Wiene part was really really good, the background music was just amazing! Loving the happy ending for Wiene too!
Overall, I believe this is the best episode so far. Can't wait for the next ones!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Nov 20, 2020 5:17 PM

Jan 2019
Before there's an influx of "deus ex machina" complaints, people are okay with sentient, intelligent monsters that seem to vaguely remember their victims and emotions from their past incarnations and accept the existence an undying 800+ year old legendary skeleton mage with knowledge exceeding human understanding, yet they think resurrecting a freshly departed Wiene that left behind her red stone is too far-fetched? This series is built upon countless miracles, what did you expect? Lol.
Nov 20, 2020 5:32 PM

Mar 2020
Dix got what he deserved, the black Minotaur is very strong and managed to hurt Ains and still had a magic weapon.
Apparently, Bell managed to get away with an excuse but I think there will still be consequences of him running and hindering the other adventurers.
I really thought Wiene had died but luckily Fels managed to use magic and bring it back.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 20, 2020 5:58 PM
Feb 2018
I think it would be better to tell Bell first that Wiene can be resurrected, so he didnt need to do all those firebolt jutsu against human

Or let wiene dies with that great moment
Nov 20, 2020 6:08 PM
Sep 2016
Maruseru93 said:
Siegfried10 said:

This minotaur wasnt trained by Ottar, only the one Bell fought in Season 1 which was Level 2 in power, to answear your question.

to be specific when bell defeated the minotaur and he died the was reborn my his mother the dungeon and became a xenos

I have read the LNs but i dont want to spoil things here...
Nov 20, 2020 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
i knew they didn't have the guts to fully kill her off ,well i guess we'll see the repercussions of bells actions lol..not exactly like hes a small fry so pretty much expecting the whole town to be on his neck for this.

minotaur was cool seeing it hold it's ground vs some of the strongest famila's
Nov 20, 2020 7:32 PM
May 2020
that golem was so underwhelming lol, other than that, the fights were pretty cool. That mino was so badass, he almost beat Ais with one arm less lol.

Some things I didn't understand but at least they don't think he actually was helping the monsters, that's something
Nov 20, 2020 7:45 PM
Jul 2017
Not a fan of this whole resurrection, I feel like it would be better for the plot if Bell has to deal with the regret of being unable to do anything here
Nov 20, 2020 8:49 PM

Nov 2009
Uncle-Ruckus said:
what did you expect? Lol.

Oh i don't know...for the action and events to have actual consequences? What's the point of killing a character just to immediately bring them back within the same episode? Why should anyone take any of what's going to happen seriously when you have just cheapened the ultimate consequence?
Nov 20, 2020 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
WOW! What an episode this was, so many intense scenes and those feels, damn!
That was pretty unexpected to see her come back to life, i was really thinking that she was done, btw now i wonder if Bell kept the XP from Wiene's death, if so...oh boy! Now that i know how those levels work, Bell will be even more OP now!

Can't believe he claimed her as his prey xD I mean, it worked.

Glad that those 2 guys died, finally!
So why was everyone worried about that Black Minotaur? I mean i got it that he's OP and even Ais couldn't defeat him but he seemed like a big danger. Btw so Xenos saved him?

That last scene was so nice, especially coming from Fels, what an episode!

Can't wait for the next episodes, this season is so good!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 20, 2020 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
So, just like that, by the power of convenient writing, Wiene returns to life.
Also, Bell should receive that slap for his selfish decision previous season, when his boundless white knighting could potentially lead to another guild war.
PiromyslNov 20, 2020 9:03 PM

Nov 20, 2020 9:39 PM

Apr 2020
Best episode so far, exceeded the 7th with an action-filled and an emotional punch. Dix is dead, THANKFULLY. And Bell is trying to defend a rampaging Wiene. The Loki Familia had some great fight scenes with the monsters, especially the BUFFED MINOTAUR. Even my girl Ais is wounded badly. Now I don't know why one of Hermes subordinates will try to let the minotaur escape.

The scene with Wiene is sad. I am grateful of Bell's actions, trying to protect a monster like her. Wiene is one of the most adorable characters I have watched in a while. I can't face it that she's going to die. The insert song was a bit off but I am almost crying there. Then Fels put out the cliche card, and AYY what do you know Wiene is alive again! Who knows if Fels will be punished by his action, but what's he gonna lose at this point. Bell Cranel is officially a hero, and Wiene is back to flutter me more.

Lastly, best girl of Season 1 Eina slapped our MC because of the destruction he helped cause. And the Hestia Familia will be for some serious judging in the next week. Best episode of S3, hoping that this is the turnaround the series needs.
Nov 20, 2020 9:51 PM
Nov 2020
Since Bell's fight vs minotaur in season 1, almost always the whole adaptation was mediocre to me, not only in animation but in rhythm as well, but last episode gives me a little light of hope with the last part Bell vs Dix and with this episode I am beginning to have some faith in the last episodes to come.

The mob in town never appears, but this time i don't care, it's unusual to me that JC Saff has put some effort in the 3rd season of an anime from LN, but i think this time its worth it.

xenovibe said:

Oh i don't know...for the action and events to have actual consequences? What's the point of killing a character just to immediately bring them back within the same episode? Why should anyone take any of what's going to happen seriously when you have just cheapened the ultimate consequence?

The autor has never had the guts to do something serious, the worst to me was when he decides to make Haruhime a virgin. All the building in that volume was ruined with only two lines.
LJVarNov 20, 2020 10:07 PM
Nov 21, 2020 12:49 AM

Jul 2012
What an episode! Was always interested in what is really happening in Orario but now even more! Glad that Wiene survived, but well that was very convenient ... Gotta just take it, i guess.

Happy to see Riveria in action again =/
Nov 21, 2020 1:21 AM

Nov 2015
New best ep of danmachi, 10/10! What a ride this episode was
Nov 21, 2020 1:42 AM

Nov 2013
Newbie Xenia is OP af!
Favourite episode so far, it’s not often we see high level adventurers fighting, let alone Ais vs Minotaur.

Also, rip to Wiene, but actually no. I’d be happy with Wiene passing on in that moment but I like this scenario as well.

Curious to see how the rest of the arc unfolds!
Nov 21, 2020 1:49 AM
Mar 2018
Best episode yet for this series.

Nov 21, 2020 3:10 AM

Oct 2016
Half of the episode was some Sword Oratoria shit and it was really great. This is hands down the best episode of the whole series so far. I think for me personally it beat the Bell vs Minotaur episode.

Asterius was a fucking beast, though not enough to beat Ais but he definitely managed to throw down with Ais almost evenly. And is he the Minotaur Ottar trained to fight Bell, holy shit that would be sick.

I loved the Wiene scene with the insert song, it was so good. Now Bell, it is time to deal with the consequences. This is definitely my favorite episode so far, I am looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 21, 2020 5:06 AM

Jan 2017
Well I personally prefer if Wiene dies for a more emotional moment
That will give the fact if Bell is not too strong enough to protect everybody and give him the motivation to become stronger.

But, I also amazed how Black Minotaur can fight alone against almost all of Loki Familia members even with a single hand.
Nov 21, 2020 5:51 AM

Jun 2016
god damn pepega !!!
should they make she die to be honest for better story !!!
Nov 21, 2020 6:40 AM

Jan 2019
xenovibe said:
Uncle-Ruckus said:
what did you expect? Lol.

If you want to talk about consequences for actions, there are numerous consequences this episode: Bell's reputation as an adventurer is tarnished, any hope at integrating the Xenos with adventurers is probably gone, and Bell's mental state is probably a mess after becoming a hypocrite, watching someone he loves die, and realizing he was too powerless to do anything to prevent Wiene's death, to name a few. Now that Bell has a solid taste of what it feels like for someone close to him to die, it will probably become a lingering fear or motivation to drive his progress. Undoing Wiene's death doesn't remove the shock and intensity of those feelings.

Do not conflate death with the 'ultimate consequence'. Nothing was cheapened. There are worse things than death (e.g. Fels's undying curse, Dix's Daedalus curse, Haruhime's broken soul if she was sacrificed to the Killing Stone). If you've paid attention to anything in the story, you can rationalize Wiene's resurrection. Human souls and monster souls are fundamentally different, so death entails a different experience. When a human dies, their soul returns to heaven in a pure, white state before being born again. From what we know about monsters and Wiene's dream, the Xenos seem to remember their past incarnations and are reborn over and over again in the dungeon. The Black Goliath shows that monsters have the potential to resurrect given that it kept regenerating until it's stone was broken. We also know from the scene where Dix removes Wiene's red stone that the red stone left behind after Wiene died contained her sense of self. And then you have Fels, the 800+ year old greatest mage and item maker to exist, who still maintains his soul and existence despite being a skeleton. His knowledge transcends human understanding and probably that of the gods. Even though Dia Orpheus has never succeeded before, the conditions for it to succeed were there. It's possible the spell succeeded due to the red stone acting as a base for Wiene, the different nature of a monster soul, some emotional/attachment to the world (Bell's strong love for Wiene), Bell's Luck skill, or some combination of those. There could be other conditions that were met since Fels also said 'the price has been paid' during his incantation. With that said, Fujino has left plenty of context clues to rationalize Wiene's resurrection, whether you like it or not.
Nov 21, 2020 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
i didnt feel sad at all, sorry not sorry, nice song though
Nov 21, 2020 8:07 AM
Mar 2017
Had the same feelings like when reading novel. So excited for next episode. Although the fight between minotaur and loki familia could had been improved.
Nov 21, 2020 8:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dix and those bald shit got what they deserved. But, hey, man, i am previously thinking that these episode kinda turned to be gloomy and depressing that has a guts to show the sadness over Wiene's death. But, hello, surprise motherfucker, its a prank! Fels saved her in the last second! Yeaa, her cursed magic finally being useful for those event! I never wanted her to dying so hard, for crying out loud. So, i didn't mind that shit surprise, at least only for those moment xD. But come on, that slap was no need, goddamn guild employer. My boy, Bell kun was innocent and so kind!

But seriously, the direction over this episode unexpectedly was so awesome for me. Its caught off my guard to think that Bell kun had to cover such a reason by caught Wiene as his prey alone. An ethic manner between the adventurer, but its succeeded to slowing down Loki members a bit to pursue Wiene, only to get another adventurer did anything at their best to stop her down ...

Well, the battle scene of Loki familia against Asterius was great. So thats those giant black Minotaur roles afterall, eh? I am satisfied with his badass fight style to almost wrecked everyone into pieces. Unfortunately, he seemed to unmatch for those three elder adventurer from Loki familia, plus Aiz, ofc. Gladly, with the help of Hermes familia, the rest of Xenos members that got locked by Loki familia at the city succeeded to retreat, together with the big cow, Asterius. The end of the arc? Well, i am not even sure with Fels condition, tho. Was she okay? Then, i think its safe for me to go to the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 21, 2020 10:34 AM

Jan 2014
Bruh they really made me tear up then jebaited me
Nov 21, 2020 11:55 AM
Aug 2019
Uncle-Ruckus said:
xenovibe said:

If you want to talk about consequences for actions, there are numerous consequences this episode: Bell's reputation as an adventurer is tarnished, any hope at integrating the Xenos with adventurers is probably gone, and Bell's mental state is probably a mess after becoming a hypocrite, watching someone he loves die, and realizing he was too powerless to do anything to prevent Wiene's death, to name a few. Now that Bell has a solid taste of what it feels like for someone close to him to die, it will probably become a lingering fear or motivation to drive his progress. Undoing Wiene's death doesn't remove the shock and intensity of those feelings.

Do not conflate death with the 'ultimate consequence'. Nothing was cheapened. There are worse things than death (e.g. Fels's undying curse, Dix's Daedalus curse, Haruhime's broken soul if she was sacrificed to the Killing Stone). If you've paid attention to anything in the story, you can rationalize Wiene's resurrection. Human souls and monster souls are fundamentally different, so death entails a different experience. When a human dies, their soul returns to heaven in a pure, white state before being born again. From what we know about monsters and Wiene's dream, the Xenos seem to remember their past incarnations and are reborn over and over again in the dungeon. The Black Goliath shows that monsters have the potential to resurrect given that it kept regenerating until it's stone was broken. We also know from the scene where Dix removes Wiene's red stone that the red stone left behind after Wiene died contained her sense of self. And then you have Fels, the 800+ year old greatest mage and item maker to exist, who still maintains his soul and existence despite being a skeleton. His knowledge transcends human understanding and probably that of the gods. Even though Dia Orpheus has never succeeded before, the conditions for it to succeed were there. It's possible the spell succeeded due to the red stone acting as a base for Wiene, the different nature of a monster soul, some emotional/attachment to the world (Bell's strong love for Wiene), Bell's Luck skill, or some combination of those. There could be other conditions that were met since Fels also said 'the price has been paid' during his incantation. With that said, Fujino has left plenty of context clues to rationalize Wiene's resurrection, whether you like it or not.

Whether you agree with the set up or not Wiene’s resurrection is not gong to sit well with some viewers or critics due to the fact that moment ruined build up of character development and Bell actually suffering for the choices he makes. What’s the point of storytelling when a character has nothing to lose because he’ll get it back or get something better in the end with no effort? This whole scene just shows that the author doesn’t have the guts to kill off a relevant character because the audience loves her and if she were to go it’s gonna piss off a lot of fans. For example Oomori didn’t have the guts to make Haruhime a tainted maiden after all that build up of Bell willing to go against the traditional rules of a Hero that prostitutes can’t be saved, but surprise surprise Haruhime is still a virgin so that defeats the purpose of that whole story and makes Bells development not genuine. So whether you like the resurrection scene or not it’s the most cheapest and convenient form of writing to make you cry after that heart breaking goodbye only to psych you in the end.
Nov 21, 2020 12:13 PM

Mar 2017
I feel like Wiene shouldn't have been revived. Her death could've been a defining moment for Bell in terms of character development, but having said that, it didn't take away how heartbreaking that scene was!

I'm guessing things will be difficult for Bell from here on; a lot of people saw him defending Wiene even after he tried to cover up his intentions in front of the Loki Familia! I'm intrigued by how the Hestia Familia is going to deal with the aftermath
Nov 21, 2020 12:57 PM
Apr 2015
Why are people calling bell a fool and mad at him ?? Why should he face any backlash ?? A hero doesnt always go along with everyone just because everyone is doing it. Im glad he picked a side and stuck with it. Im also glad he didnt just follow Ais like he usually does but instead picks his heart over her. Now he needs to hold his head high, so what if people dont like you. Not everyone is going to like the decisions you make but keep moving forward.
Nov 21, 2020 2:57 PM

Jun 2015
101% epic. Mid credits after credits whatever scene sums it up nicely, emotionally draining and continued awesome story. Whos right and whos wrong, which side do we fight for, loss everywhere in this tempest of woe. For me, I put my trust in Bell. To steer us all away from the vortex of annihilation and onto a path where we can truly be free!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 21, 2020 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
Just when I thought this show grew some balls and let Wiene die, they revive her. Like someone before me already said, this could have been a crucial moment for character developement but hey who needs consequences.

Im the fool for expecting more from a fundamentally mediocre show.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 21, 2020 3:20 PM

Jan 2012
Fels can speak when she's all bones YOHOHO
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 21, 2020 3:46 PM

Nov 2014
So are we done with this arc yet? Í was about to drop this but it seems like we might finally be moving on to something else...?
Quality Queen.
Nov 21, 2020 3:55 PM

May 2020
By far the best episode of this season.

I'm the only here that ''hate'' Lili?
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Nov 21, 2020 4:15 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
sKyBlazer08 said:
Asterius was a fucking beast, though not enough to beat Ais but he definitely managed to throw down with Ais almost evenly. And is he the Minotaur Ottar trained to fight Bell, holy shit that would be sick.

Wrong there, Asterios would have destroyed Aiz, even with her OP magic, which is the familiar trump card for OP monsters, even with that, and considering he lost an arm, cheaply like that, he was still overwhelming her.

I think by this point, the show teased it a lot right? All I m gonna say is that the final episode has the opportunity to convert all fans of S1 into fans of S3 as well.
Nov 21, 2020 4:36 PM

May 2014
I've been a fan of Danmachi since S1, but honestly I think this season's been rather lackluster compared to the others. My greatest issues are with the plot and ensuing characterization. The first few eps were fine, but once this became some sort of conspiracy involving the gods and xenos community, it really started to feel contrived.

The theme of having some sort of compassion for monsters could have been interesting, but I felt they squandered it and ended up with an all too predictable approach.

That said maybe the remaining episodes will change my mind, but I still think this has been weaker than S1/S2 or Sword Oratoria.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Nov 21, 2020 5:12 PM
Sep 2014
They should have not revive Wiene with that deus ex, the whole season was for this moment and they just ruine it with this, everything Bell has sufferedes has no valor.
Nov 21, 2020 7:19 PM
Apr 2020
Sajou no Hana striking again right in the feels just like what they did with Misaki in Railgun T. Thank you Fels for bringing back Wiene and encouraging Bell to become a fool. Just like in Gintama its fine to be the most stupid samurai ever, whats important is to be yourself. Dix just got what he deserved and got circumcised by a Minotaur with an axe.
Nov 21, 2020 10:50 PM
Dec 2019
I love both episode parts (1, 2 and 7, 8). They have amazing Wiene screentime!

Nov 21, 2020 10:59 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know what was worse, the slideshow, half-done animation or the contrived, whiplash writing. How ridiculous.
Nov 21, 2020 11:18 PM
Dec 2017
Honestly, that Black Minatore was a noob;

You don't show up to a raid without a healer, geez. He had so much potential. Imagine if a raid of stupid humans went down to the bottom of the dungeon. They would all die. This is equivalent to what the monsters are doing. In addition, none of their sacrifices helped at all.

However, that black minatore fight was legendary. He could easily 1 vs 1 beat any of those humans. Imagine if that guy had a party or a raid. He should just straight up form a guild and demand equal rights as adventurers.
Nov 21, 2020 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
i thought bell and ais would be dueling like on op :/
Nov 21, 2020 11:27 PM

Nov 2014
charliechuckle said:
Honestly, that Black Minatore was a noob;

You don't show up to a raid without a healer, geez. He had so much potential. Imagine if a raid of stupid humans went down to the bottom of the dungeon. They would all die. This is equivalent to what the monsters are doing. In addition, none of their sacrifices helped at all.

However, that black minatore fight was legendary. He could easily 1 vs 1 beat any of those humans. Imagine if that guy had a party or a raid. He should just straight up form a guild and demand equal rights as adventurers.

I would rather watch that than the content we've gotten this season.
Quality Queen.
Nov 22, 2020 1:37 AM
Apr 2015
good episode but also glad this arc is over. ending was kind cheesy too.
Nov 22, 2020 5:01 AM

Sep 2020
Best episode of this season by far. The fights were amazing and I'm glad the minotaur was standing his ground against Aiz, it would've been very anticlimactic if she were to kill it in a couple of moves right after she joined the battle. Although I have to admit I'm a bit mad I got jebaited at the end there, I think I prefer for Wiene to be alive more than if she were dead-dead. Glad that Dix and Co. got what the deserved though, certainly no regrets there.
Nov 22, 2020 10:10 AM
Dec 2017
Is it only me or did anyone else also enjoy seeing Bete Loga getting his arrogant mouth shut? Asterius rocks.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

119 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.