Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2020 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's a clever strategy to divide the party into two. All eyes are also on Yotsuya this epsiode to see his strategy to resolve this conflict with the soldiers.

The episode had some amusing moments, namely that Fallout reference. I still got mixed thoughts on Yotsuya's character but he's got a lot of guts in these recent episodes.
Nov 20, 2020 6:46 AM
Oct 2020
Gotta be honest, this episode is enjoyable to watch. Really love to see how they execute the plan. Yotsuya as the main character is also unique in my opinion. By his thought, there are less rooms to think about other people in a situation of life and death. That is why he can execute the plan without doubting about moral conflict while the others are still thinking about it. He thinks about what is best for his survival and probably for his teammates as well. It is unusual to see while other typical main characters will most likely follow the common morality.
Nov 20, 2020 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
I have to say that the cynical vibes to be MC are the only thing that makes me watch this series, And This episode was full of it. And I loved it.

The episode was the best that this series could offer, and I love it, though Dark Soul is a bit of a stretch. If they have to compare it to that, they should have at least given some more shots to the despaired soldiers, and that would have been great.

But, The plan was kind of "NOICE," not gonna lie.
Nov 20, 2020 7:13 AM

Jun 2019
Well, that was a big brain move from Yotsuya. Liked his plan and how he executed it. But still, he seems kinda evil even after doing all that.
An Okay episode imo.
Nov 20, 2020 7:24 AM

Jan 2015
not a huge fan of this arc, it's been way too political and way too boring for me, It's hard to care for a world that just might be a pigment of game master's imagination. This is not on the same level as other isekais,because they transfer back and forth.

I still love this anime, too bad we only get 12 episodes.
Nov 20, 2020 7:29 AM

Feb 2019
I love how Yotsuya just doesn’t give a fuck and isn’t a typical isekai protag trying to save everyone, afraid to kill, etc. He’s not afraid to do what needs to be done, including killing people in this world. This episode made me like the series a lot more. Loved seeing the planning and execution of the strategy.

Nov 20, 2020 7:36 AM
Oct 2016
Yotsuya getting more brutal as this show goes on. That plan he came up with was one part brilliant, one part psycho. Its always a good moral debate in isekai shows like these where the characters wrestle with the idea if whether or not its all real. This one is a bit different though since it's essentially setup like an actual video game. Yotsuya said it himself the weapons and armor appear out of thin air, they don't really feel any pain, they can recover from wounds within seconds and even death within a minute. The added feature of them going back to their own world after each quest is complete blurs the line even more. Killing someone in this world might not be so bad on the surface but it has to effect you at some point I suppose. Given how real things are even with all the game elements. Yotsuya lurring away those guys away was a great plan, they totally fell for it plus him and Yuka saved the prisoners. Hopefully them delivering those people especially the kid will complete the quest.
Nov 20, 2020 7:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha the Dark Souls and Fallout references xD
Well I have to agree that Yotsuya's strategy was actually really good, probably the best episode so far.
Nov 20, 2020 8:07 AM
Sep 2015
Why she want to kiss him if she doesn't like him? Oh wait.....

Their acting suck!

And their plan too, I wouldn't kill NPC because it'll decrease my LV, I'd encourage NPC to kill another NPC or lure NPC into monster zone though.
Nov 20, 2020 8:11 AM

Oct 2020
In current isekai anime,I have to say more main characters' images are a little templated.This phenomenon sometimes produces aesthetic fatigue of audience.But we can see Yotsuya is distinctive.He killed NPC without the least hesitation and had his specific theory for the relationships with people in this world.It may be kind of abnormal but it's really a merits to me.
[/url]
Nov 20, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2020
Yotsuya is really unlike other isekai mcs, that's for sure. He resembles mc from Ajin(pretty sure the name was Nagai Kei). Both of them are really selfish and pullls off pretty good strategy by using rational methods. But I wonder if we can really call this kind of character a 'protagonist' imo.

Anyways, this ep was actually more enjoyable than other eps so far. Hope to see what happens to the party at the end, and see what was the actual intention of the quest.
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Nov 20, 2020 8:50 AM

Sep 2019
I like that Yotsuya is able to kill without a second thought, good episode.
Nov 20, 2020 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
A BIG-BRAIN moment from Yotsuba to split the Heroes team to finding the "cargo" and tracking the Deokk forces down, and laying down the intricate plans to fool their enemies and lay waste to them. Now that's a different MC altogether, Yotsuba's not afraid to kill for his selfish gains a.k.a leading up to the 1,000,000 stand.

Referencing Dark Souls and Fallout may be kinda stretching a bit too far, and Yuka asking Yotsuba about his "first kiss" (that Kahvel stole), at least his contrived thinking is of a different element altogether.

To play the Devil's Advocate with a heck of a revenge execution of acting skills, I'd admit that this episode really piqued my interest and with it, this series is starting to pick up its titled moniker. This is how you DON'T MESS with the badass MC while keeping within the rules of the game. Really, a non-PK MC?

If anything, the 1st half was just plain ol' set-up, and the 2nd half is where THE REAL SHIT OF GOODNESS BEGINS.
Nov 20, 2020 10:41 AM

Apr 2020
Yotsuya made some very questionable but very good moves to claim the pagans. This is the kind of episode we wish we would have experienced in the earlier weeks. A dark twisted MC finding some ways to defeat the enemy in not so good ways. Though his LVL took a big hit bcos he killed a human, in exchange they got the three prisoners. And since the group splits up for more area coverage, their plan to finish the level is going smoothly. Very good episode, hoping that this is the turning point that the series really needs.
Nov 20, 2020 1:22 PM
Oct 2014
“Is it really worth killing someone to stop a war?” Isn’t that self explanatory
Nov 20, 2020 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
Hiii-chan said:
it's been way too political and way too boring for me episodes.

Lol... Then you'll be thrilled to know the later quests revolve around territory disputes, drug war, and labor issues.
XXXXXXXXXIIINov 20, 2020 3:29 PM
Nov 20, 2020 4:26 PM

Mar 2020
Episode more focused on the Yotsuya group, which set up the plan to rescue the prisoners. The punishment was for killing a human was the fall of 2 ranks, this limits them if they meet bandits and etc.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 20, 2020 5:29 PM

Jan 2016
Hiii-chan said:
not a huge fan of this arc, it's been way too political and way too boring for me, It's hard to care for a world that just might be a pigment of game master's imagination. This is not on the same level as other isekais,because they transfer back and forth.

Then drop it now, most arcs is going to be more in-depth about politics and
Nov 20, 2020 5:38 PM
Apr 2019
Hiii-chan said:

about the world, they'll explain this in the next eps tho, but here if you wanna know sooner
Nov 20, 2020 5:45 PM

Jan 2015
forexjammer said:
Hiii-chan said:

Won't happen, I like the anime too much for it to happen. Also there are just 4 episodes left, I doubt the arcs you are referring to would happen any time soon.
Nov 20, 2020 6:53 PM

Jan 2019
It's getting interesting, but I still can't see where the story is going. I'll probably read the source material after the anime ends.
Nov 20, 2020 8:07 PM
May 2020
that's some good acting lol

the MC is still the most interesting enough to keep me watching this, and that's kinda bad for 8 episodes imo but whatever might aswell just finish it.
Nov 20, 2020 8:15 PM
Dec 2019
this was one of the more enjoyable episodes. The mc is actually being smart and no-one is doing anything unnecessary. If they can keep this us I'm sure the show wouldn't be unwatchable.
Nov 20, 2020 11:02 PM
Aug 2020
Great Episode I love how Yotsuya Plan all stuff and doesn't give a shit...
Nov 21, 2020 12:36 AM
Aug 2020
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
Hiii-chan said:
it's been way too political and way too boring for me episodes.

Lol... Then you'll be thrilled to know the later quests revolve around territory disputes, drug war, and labor issues.

I was going to say the same thing.

Hiii-chan said:
forexjammer said:

Won't happen, I like the anime too much for it to happen. Also there are just 4 episodes left, I doubt the arcs you are referring to would happen any time soon.

True, at this rate the series will likely end just before meeting the next party member and the next quest,
Nov 21, 2020 12:47 AM

Oct 2017
Uwaaah this megane bitch couldn't get any worse, she's a shotacon.

Wait woa his rank went down? damn that sux.
Nov 21, 2020 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
The strategy of yotsuya is very intelligent, this episode was very pleasant.

Nov 21, 2020 2:41 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was pretty nice and strategic. Megane actually became useful for once and her quick thinking of getting that dress unequipped was truly good. Yotsuya is probably a pretty great mc for an isekai in a very long while. His cynical nature and his attitude of not giving two cents about anyone else, but himself is really refreshing. That dude is genuinely interesting. Also, the dark souls and fall out references✌🙌
Nov 21, 2020 6:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. So, they were really split up, taking their sweet 7 days left to made the quest clear no matter shit happened to them. By the look of the team separation cards, Yuka and Kusue might reach their ranked up job in the near future. Well, Yotsuya seems to be ranking up, but its getting down because of what happened on these episode ....

Well, the plan to retrieved the prisoners back to their guards was insane. But its a sweet revenge afterall. I just can't stop laughing while Yuka talking about first kiss while they were indeed in the middle of an important mission. She was really desperate to seek a love, eh? At least you got what you've want by getting that little boy affection, Yuka. Hah, took him, Otaku girl, you deserved that!

Well, i am not so surprised with the evil plan of Yotsuya. But his plan was so detailed there, i am surprised. I mean, the preparation time was nicely done. Yuka being useful by baiting Kamilto and the other soldier. Then, Yotsuya hitted the lonely soldier, and boom! The plan has been planted, with a surprise attack like that, it was indeed understandable that Kamilto didn't have a chance to look back to Yotsuya's scheme at their camping site. He just loosen his patience and as the result everything just fell into Yotsuya's plan very nicely. Obviously, he deserved that shit, by messing with the MC. And a sweet revenge must be good for Yotsuya after what happened previously, and it needed someone to be sacrificed. And here that poor soldier, knew nothing, but became a mere pawn by those two different peoples with a different purposes. RIP in a burning fire ....

Well, ngl, its the best episode so far, taking a dark side of MC to accomplished the mission, no matter what risk he got, once again. He need to surpassed every burden that challenge his own way to survive! 2 level of the wizard job, was not so bad to saved those three lives, right, Yotsuya?
badabassNov 21, 2020 6:13 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 21, 2020 7:30 PM

Oct 2008
nice evil smirk by Yotsuya!
4/5.

Nov 21, 2020 7:31 PM

Oct 2016
I gotta say I really enjoyed this episode, probably the best one so far. Made my opinion of Yuka a bit better though she's falling down the shota rabbit hole lmao.

Yotsuya gets shit done, he ain't playing around. Now that the Deokk soldiers have been dealt with for now, time to continue on to Radodorbo.

Good choice Yuka, you don't want him as a friend but, you'll surely 100% not want him to be your enemy even more.
Nov 21, 2020 11:26 PM
Dec 2017
I'm biased and love isekai's a lot more than most people. This is a good anime, but the story progresses super crazy slow; in my opinion.

The anime isn't even going to cover the tip of the iceberg. You might need 10 seasons to cover the entire story, which is never going to happen. It'll take over a decade to finish this story.

FYI - I spoiled myself and read ahead in the manga when I couldn't stand waiting for the next episode. That's how I know.

Nov 22, 2020 4:55 AM

Sep 2020
I think this was definitely the best episode so far. Splitting into 2 groups was a good choice, they're really taking advantage of that as-long-as-one-makes-it-all-will-eventually system. And I definitely enjoyed watching Yotsuya messing around with those bastards. The plan was pretty good, not too over-the-top and not unachievable either. And bonus points for the fact they accounted for things in case it fails. Not the best isekai, but definitely one that tries to do its own thing so far.
Nov 25, 2020 6:38 AM
Sep 2020
I don't know why lately I have no intention of watching anime, but now it's coming again

well this anime is good but rarely discussed

in episode 8 this is getting more exciting and interesting, can't wait for the sequel
Nov 26, 2020 8:02 AM

Nov 2013
i understand that him, as a "immortal", going on a human killing streak would be bad, but losing a bunch of levels for killing 1 (or 3?) is kinda boring, i would never play that game LOL

"is it worth killing on to stop a war?" no, better stand on top of 100man corpses, this girl :D

Yotsuya is kinda crazy, it's actually fun to watch him
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 26, 2020 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
I like the hint of dark undertones, Really makes me take aback a bit. enjoyable episode given the small amount of action.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 1, 2021 3:43 PM

Jul 2015
As much as I dislike Yuka for always complaining, at least she managed to do her part of the plan right. From the start we've seen Yotsuya hating the world and not particularly being a good two-shoes, so I quite like how they made it really clear this episode with him willing to do whats necessary even if its to kill other humans without regret.

Jan 5, 2023 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
I've been wondering about the NPC question this whole time. I really like how it's being used to flesh out each character's perspective on the world they're in and their overall situation. While Yotsuya seems to make the most sense, his rank deduction is making me think that this is going to come back at him later on in a future scenario / quest.

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.